Where it will all end

Royals

"The Queen is coming!" the knight announce as he open the tall oak door for the lady with the golden crown in her head. Everyone give her way as she calmly and gracefully walk to the king's bed. Out of all the ladies who came and go in the inner palace it was her who won. She had the crown now yet she can never go back to those times where she can be happy and just be happy. 

She needed to wear the crwon to know it's weight and nobody has told her that she can't just take it off as she pleases. She is a queen and even if she dies she won't stop being one.

"My King." she bowed her head a little as she walk to sit on the edge of the bed where the sick king was laying, he used to be a man full of life. He had a smile that made ladies wanted him for themselves. He used to stand tall and look down to others even on his own queen. Now hie had turned old and his body is weak, his nation that used to rely on their powerful king is now in the mercy of their graceful queen. 

If you take them way back in time, back when they were younger and the palace was new for them. Who would've thought that the king will be like this and the queen will be her? Fate really sure is funny. 

She held his wrinkling han d against hers. She is wrinkling too, she suffered a lot in the past. And this is her reward, more than the crown she yearned for this. To be the final woman in his life, to be the last face he sees before he close his eyes forever. She is his final queen, and she sure dirtied her hands to achieve this.

She satre at his face, no sign of strength was left. He used to love this man. She was once a foolish girl who wished to have him alone. She don't even know what's in her heart anymore. The moment that the crwon was passed to her she didn't felt as happy as she thought she would. It's the same for today. She wished to be last woman to feel him warm and alive as she held his hand tight but she it didn't made her feel as fulfilled as she thought it would be.

Maybe because deep inside this old woman's heart is that little girl who loved the king and the king alone, despite all the sufferings she's gone through to stay by his side forever. Despite him laying beside other women. He was a king after all.

He weakly opened his eyes and met hers. She gave him a little smile. She is here to send him off. And he looked happy, maybe because he knows that the girl he loved years ago was over there, waiting for him. And she has waited for a long time now.

"My queen." he said, his voice was barely audible. Far from his deep voice years ago.

"I am here Your Majesty." she took his hand over to her cheek, to feel him one last time.

"I guess this is goodbye." he murmured and though she didn't mean to, her eyes began to water. It's been so long since the last time she cried.

"Your Majesty." she creid.

"Please don't cry. This past few years were painful for the both of us. Let my end be with your smile. It's been so long since the last time we ever talked." he continued and she didn't bother to hide her tears anymore. MAybe in his heart she is his queen too, deep down below the guilt, the pain and all the sufferings amybe he once acknowledged her too. 

"Rest now, Your Majesty. When my time comes, can i meet you once again?" she asked. Though she knows whom his heart yearns the most.

"Over there, over where this end takes me. That girl promised to wait. And i pomised her that i will only hold her in our next life. I'm sorry to have hurt all of you like this." his voice was getting weaker and weaker. And her heart was breaking all over again, she missed that pain. She's been numb for years now.

"In your next life, find a man who will love only you my beautiful queen." there was a drop of tear from his eyes, his hand that was on her cheek was slowly losing it's strength.

"In this life, i loved only you Your Majesty. My love is so strong that i fear that it will only beat for you even in the next." she cried. Holding his hand tight against her face. Crying for the love that he can never give her.

"My Queen, when we were younger. And you were smiling so radiantly. There was that time when i almost..... almost..loved you.." he said, as his arm fell from her grip and his eyes close forever. SHe sat by his lifeless body's side and just stare at him.

"I am so happy my king. To think that even just once your heart beated for me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

note;

 

this part right here is the ending. I decided to publish this first without dropping names tho.