Blame It On The Brownies

High Kites

 

Wendy brought Irene over to Canada to meet the latters parents. It was their first proper vacation since the Summer Magic promotions ended so a well deserved rest they needed. Irene was nervous: an understatement. Yet she had nothing to be nervous about as Canada was extremely open as were Wendy’s parents. Wendy held her hand and rubbed her thumb over her pulse point how she likes it to reassure that everything would be fine. Maybe the cause of her nervousness was due to the voices of her members in the rest of Red Velvet. Being the mischievous ones they are Yeri, Joy and Seulgi ganged up on her and told her to brace herself. Along with the secrecy and media, Irene was especially cautious of her actions with her girlfriend yet she strived to make this a great trip. 

 

Irene’s eyes threatened to fall out of her head. Surprise after surprise with Wendy Son. First the lavish Range Rover that she drove from the airport to the mansion of a house where she grew up. 

 

Her house was in Oakville, one of the most affluent areas of the Ontario Provence. So it would make sense that the Son’s were the epitome of chaebol. Wendy has money due to her occupation in Red Velvet but Irene doesn’t want to even imagine what her bank account is like with her family money. 

 

Bracing herself was unneeded as the Sons were hospitable and even more. Her worries melted when she felt the warm embrace she was in and the sweet words Mrs. Son whispered to her. She wanted to join the family straight away. 

 

After a long tour around the mansion Irene and Wendy finally settled in the guest house.  20 meters from the main house but completely homey. Jet-lag was upon them and couldn’t sleep... they tried tiring themselves out by having multiple rounds of but nothing seemed to tire them out: that’s a first. 

 

Lying on the large bed, Wendy was the first to speak. 

 

“There are some boxes downstairs that need unpacking. I know how much you love organizing.”

 

“How romantic.” Joohyun deadpanned. 

 

“C’mon Hyun... it’ll be fun. You can see all my old things from High School Wannie” she tried with her best aegyo.

 

“Ahhh Chubby Wannie?” She tried cutely but was met with a cold stare. Then dragged the girl downstairs to the many empty boxes. 

 

2 hours into unpacking ; 12 boxes as well as many of Wendy’s medals and school photos. For the last box Irene came across a buried monkey contraption in the corner. Confused as to what it was she peered to Wendy. 

 

“Wan... what’s this?” 

 

Emerging outside of the bathroom her face instantly fell. 

 

“.” She muttered in English 

 

“Son Seungwan what did I tell you about swearing especially in English, now what is this?” She asked sternly 

 

“Uhh... its a ... umm... how can I say this. ITSAMONKEYBONGFORWHENIUSEDTOSMOKEWEEDINHIGHSCHOOLPLEASEDONTKILLME!!” 

 

Irene was flooded with this new information and slightly stunned, she knew her girlfriend was progressive especially being the forward lesbian she was, the shameless flirting and the PDA but recreational drugs was a new one. 

 

Wendy had her head hung low “Hyun are you mad ?” She asked wearily 

 

Irene sighed “I’m not mad. I’m just surprised.. you know how bad smoking is especially to a singer like yourself but if you had fun then I guess I can’t be angry.” 

 

Wendy was surprised at her calm reaction and grabbed the girl next to her and causing her to straddle her lap. Peppering kisses along her face she exclaimed 

 

“You’re the best girlfriend ever” 

 

“Alright calm yourself Wannie~” only Irene could settled the energetic girl in her leader tone. 

 

A few more moments passed and Irene was ever so curious “Wan... what was it like ? You know... being high ?” Her voice grew smaller, embarrassed. 

 

“Well... first time I tripped really hard and freaked out but eventually got used to it. I didn’t do it much only socially and if I was stressed, it’s harmless though. I mean it’s recently been legalized here in Canada anyways.” She said with a smile, which reassured Irene. 

 

The rest of the night was spent answering her curiosity and of course kind blowing : a Wenrene special.

 

- - - - - 

 

Irene woke up with a warm pair of arms wrapped around her waist... the best way to wake up. 

 

Wendy snuggled her nose deeper into her bae’s neck and inhaled her lavender scent. Abruptly turning around and seeing her hamster, Irene gave her the widest grin. 

 

“Wow... you are beautiful.” Wendy proclaimed and her eyes trailed down Irene’s bare body. 

 

“ert.” Irene said whilst covering her bare chest with the sheet. 

 

“Ahhh... c’mon it’s nothing that I’ve next seen before... nothing that I haven’t touched... nothing I haven’t tasted Hyun.” Wendy’s voice went lower and lower becoming more sultry causing Irene to become ever so hot. 

 

“ me.” Irene whispered under her breathe. 

 

“Gladly.” Wendy started to hover over her and started trailing her bare sides with her rough hands. 

 

Irene moaned and Wendy gave her the look. So she braced herself. But groaned when Wendy’s phone rang, she took the phone call: her bare core still on Irene’s leg making her more bothered. Soon Wendy started gathering herself and getting out of bed. But Irene pulled her back. 

 

“Hey ! You can’t just leave me here wet and unsatisfied Son Seungwan.” The latter chuckled and pecked her bunny’s lips. 

 

“Well I have to go meet an old high school friend soon and it’s not a Canadian custom to make people wait Hyun... it’s rude.” 

 

Irene just groaned and laid back in bed. 

 

“Hey, I’m not gonna be long. Give me an hour and I’ll be back. Stay in bed and definitely don’t get dressed. Wait for me baby girl.” Wendy said authoritatively. 

 

Irene nodded her head obediently “yes daddy.” And smirked .

 

Wendy soon left after that. So Irene slept a little longer ... following Wendy’s instructions strictly. 

 

- - - - - 

 

Irene soon woke up to hear Wendy singing in the shower. I wonder how her meeting with her friend went. 

 

She wanted to join her girlfriend but she was so hungry. she got out of bed put on a silk robe and went to the downstairs kitchen. On the table she saw some wrapped brownies with a message on them from Wendy’s friend but couldn’t read it seeing as it was messy handwriting and in English. She opened them up and took a bite. They tasted great at first but had an interesting taste to it. Must be a Canadian thing. 

 

Irene was so hungry she finished the entire batch and soon just chilled on the sofa waiting for her girlfriend. 

 

- - - - - 

 

Wendy came out the shower looking like a hot snack. And found her girlfriend sitting on the sofa, perfect posture glaring at the water bottle. 

 

“Hyun, baby you okay?” 

 

No reply 

 

“Hyun?” 

 

She stepped a little closer and tapped her shoulder causing the latter to jump and start laughing loudly. 

 

“Oh Mr bottle you are so funny.” 

 

“Hyun. What the is wrong with you?” 

 

“Oh, Wannie ! Isn’t Mr bottle so funny. He reminds me of our members oo I miss them. Oooo” 

 

“Hyun are you okay?” 

 

“ uhhhhhhhh... I think so. I feel a little dizzy ever since I ate those brownies... THE FLOOR IS FALLING WAN GET ON THE SOFA WITH ME !!” 

 

“Huh ? !! BROWNIES ?” Wendy ran over to the kitchen to see the wrapper of her brownies. 

 

.

 

-Flashback- 

 

This morning : 

 

“Alright. It was good seeing you Lucy. Maybe see you soon.” 

 

“For sure Wen.” The 2 friends hugged and Lucy slipped a packet of brownies into Wendy’s hand. 

 

“I know they’re not as good as yours.... but high school Wendy would love these.” She said with a smirk

 

Wendy was confused by the statement but was grateful.” 

 

-End Of Flashback- 

 

She read the wrapper and looked horrified 

 

Enjoy some Kush before you eat your girlfriend’s bush, stay high and get some pus ;) xx 

 

Lucy  ;)) 

 

SHIITT ... Hyun just ate a whole batch of pretty strong pot brownies... ! 

 

“WANNIE !! DID THE LAVA GET YOU. OH NO MY WANNIE~ OLAF !!” Irene screamed whilst sobbing. 

 

Wendy ran to her and consoled her girlfriend 

 

“Yah Hyun... calm down. Listen you’re just tripping okay. You’re seeing hallucinations.” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Hyun you’re high.” 

 

“Ahhh... damnnn bruh.” She looked super dazed. 

 

The rest of the day Wendy just had to deal with a tripping Irene who had a bad case of the munchies and practically only ate boxes of captain crunch, twizzlers and string cheese. 

 

“Wan why the are there two of you !!” 

 

“Wan your brownies are much better ... wan I would have  brownies with your babies ... I mean babies with your brownies or do I mean brownie babies - ahh I don’t ing know any more.” 

 

Facepalm after faceplam Wendy realized her girlfriend was quiet cute while being high but also super annoying. It’s a sight she doesn’t want to see again. If only Hyun didn’t eat all the brownies, she would have loved to be high together. For some reason hotboxing and lighting a splint up with Irene really turns her on. 

 

Irene soon passed out and Wendy just sighed at the fact she got no Kush, Bush or Pus. :( 

 

- - - - -

 

Irene woke with a throbbing headache and her body felt tired and bloated when she turned to Wendy ... Olaf looked tired, was that a bruise on her arm ? 

 

Irene was soon flooded with all the memories : Brownies. Weed. High. 

 

“SON ING SEUNGWAN” the conservative Bar Joohyun was thrown out the window. 

 

Wendy jolted awake and had fear in her eyes taking one look at Irene but before she could run her ear was harshly pulled. 

 

“You let me put drugs in my body. Do you want to die ! If anyone found out we could get kicked out of the company.” Irene rubbed her temples and panicked as her leader mode was kicking in. 

 

“Hyun, calm down. No one will know okay, we just won’t tell anyone. It’s okay, it’s legal here anyway.” 

 

“That’s not be point Wan. I don’t get drunk. I’m Bae Joohyun... Korea’s goodie 2 shoes. Don’t you think I’ll be shamed if found out I’ve done drugs.” She bowed her head in shame.

 

“ you’re right. You are Bae Joohyun, Korea’s sweetheart, but you’re also human and make mistakes , you’re young baby. Live a little. Listen, I’ve hidden it this long... you’re just paranoid. I’m sorry, honestly it’s my fault I didn’t know the brownies would get you baked. Please don’t be mad hyun ... I’m really  sorry.” 

 

Wendy felt really bad putting her girlfriend through that. But felt a soft peck on her lips when and was met with wanderlust eyes. 

 

“Don’t be sorry. I’m not mad it’s just you know how I get. Always paranoid. Sorry I ate your stash... just warn me next time beach’s will do not want to experience that again ever.” 

 

That just snuggled more and laughed at the situation. 

 

“Did I really talk to a bottle.” 

 

“Yep, you slapped me when I tried to throw him in the recycling. You said he deserved a proper funeral.” 

 

“Oh god.” Irene chuckled and Wendy just stared at her beauty in awe.

 

“I love you.” 

 

“I love you too.” And they met for a loving kiss. 

 

- - - - - 

 

Last couple of days in Canada and Wenrene were strolling in the park with hand intertwined. They were fairly covered up in case someone recognized them. 

 

That were chilling under a tree rolling in the falling maple leaves and were rather secluded so Wendy took the risk to make out with Irene. They were both : the thought of being caught and kissing in public was exciting. 

 

Irene was red and flustered but Wendy just pulled her up and told her that they were heading home to finish it off ;) 

 

They forgot to put their masks back on and their lips were plump obvious they  just liplocked. They were startled when 2 young girls approached them...  they panicked. What if they were fans and caught them. 

 

“Hi, could you take a photo of me and my girlfriend for me ?” 

 

they sighed and became relieved they weren’t caught red handed... or should I say red lipstick smeared . 

 

“Sure !!” 

 

The two young girls took some photos : one piggybacking each other and another with a kiss. Wenrene felt their hearts flutter at the young love and were reminded of themselves and squeezed each other’s hand to say their feelings. 

 

“Thank you” 

 

“Ah, no problem. My girlfriend and I think you are really cute. “ Wendy was surprised at her bluntness and hoped these girls didn’t recognize them in the future and potentially unveil their secret. 

 

“Thanks, you guys are super cute too. Have a good day.” The young girls turned but one said with a smile on her face as she looked back “Red Velvet fighting ! Can’t wait for the next comeback “ 

 

Wendy and Irene’s smiles dropped and they ran to the girl the make sure that she would not spill. 

 

“Hey... you know who we are ?” 

 

“Yeah... you guys are my idols” 

 

“Look, what I meant before. Irene here isn’t my girlfriend um... we just.” Wendy became flustered trying to retract her mistake super scared. 

 

“Wendy... don’t worry. We’re not going to say anything. We love your band too much to do that. Red velvet is literally my life. It’s what led me to the beautiful girl next to me... we’re both reveluvs.” She nudged the girl next to her playfully. 

 

“You’re gonna tell anyone we’re dating ?” 

 

“No way... I mean I’m so happy my little gay heart has confirmed my ultimate ship but no. I’m just so happy you guys are together more importantly happy... I can tell by the way you guys look at each other there is so much love.  I wish to be like that with my girl one day. I’m so happy for you guys and I hope you have a beautiful relationship ! Just make sure to invite me to the wedding.” The young fan said with a wink. 

 

“Thank you so much... we really owe you a lot. You’re so understanding.” 

 

“You don’t owe me anything... just continue making amazing music and making beautiful wenrene babies. continue being each other’s happiness and our happiness. but... I would love a picture . I promise to not post it anywhere !” 

 

“Sure kid. Thanks.” 

 

They posed for a photo and headed home. 

 

Wendy explained what fully happened and both just were grateful to the young fan hoping she would keep her word. 

 

“I’m worried, what if she lied.” 

 

Wendy took Irene’s hands in hers and look genuine 

 

“If we’re out... then we face it head on. Nothing is gonna keep me away from you. Not even the whole ing nation of South Korea. It’s just you and me babe... always.” 

 

No words were needed but Irene leaped in Wendy’s arms and kisses her to let her know that she felt the same: they would be fine at whatever this crazy thing called life threw at them as long as they were together.