1/1

Wandering Waters

Kyungsoo was beat and all he wanted to do was to crash onto his bed as soon as they reached the dorms. With EXO’s comeback approaching closer, the managers and the choreographers hadn’t been particularly easy on them. They started practice at the beginning of peeking sunrise and by the time they finished, it was past eleven in the evening. 

Kyungsoo was used to it, after all, it took him years of training and discipline to get adjusted to the idol life and what cost him his blood, sweat, and tears to reach where he was currently.

However, his vocal coach had constantly been pushing him to his limit recently and it had been harder on the vocalists than usual.

The moment the van halted near their house, Kyungsoo immediately got out of the vehicle and started making his way to his room.

“I’m calling first on the bathroom. Baekhyun, I want none of your chopstick games, okay?”

Kyungsoo looked over his shoulder to see Baekhyun face planted to the couch and the older of the two turned over to throw a lazy grin at Kyungsoo’s direction. Kyungsoo sighed because when did Baekhyun ever take orders, or in this case, a poorly concealed request.

He let out a breath of relief as soon as the freshwater of the warm shower cascaded down his back, effectively easing out the tense knots bundled up on his skin.

His thoughts gradually drifted back to Baekhyun and he couldn’t bother pushing them back into oblivion, like he always did. He liked Baekhyun. More than friends yet not enough to tag them as lovers. And that troubled Kyungsoo more than it should have because all the emotions and feelings he had guarded until this time was slowly slipping past his hands and he was not in control of it. One move from his side could potentially make or break any sort of relation they had. The idea kept haunting Kyungsoo because the rational side of him held him back but he could tell that his walls of resistance would shatter and break beyond limits, anytime. Anytime soon. 

Kyungsoo whirled around as the bathroom door slammed open, rattling the knob and a sheepish Baekhyun stood there with a hand shyly rubbing his neck.

“How did you come in?” Kyungsoo immediately closed his eyes and drew up the shower curtains to cover himself from the prying eyes.

“You left the door unlocked,” Baekhyun stepped in cautiously. He was not entirely sure what he was doing there.

“Okay,” Kyungsoo whispered. It was quiet which was very unlikely to happen considering the fact that Baekhyun was on the other side of the room, that somehow made Kyungsoo anxious.

“Kyungsoo?” 

“Hmm?”

“Do…you mind if I join you?” Kyungsoo could hear the hesitation in Baekhyun’s voice and he lightly frowned.

“No. Not really, I guess.” 

Baekhyun stripped off his clothes and rounded around to enter the cubicle. He scanned to search for Kyungsoo’s eyes, however the other had already busied himself with applying soap on his body.

“You’ve been awfully silent since the past few weeks,” Kyungsoo faced Baekhyun but the older was already looking at him. And something inside the both of them snapped as the next thing they knew, they were kissing breathless.

Because they wanted to help each other, but there was also some part of them that wanted to see what it was like to be destroyed and vulnerable. It was supposed to be soothing and full of love and affection, the meeting of the lips. It was meant to be harmonious, yet at that moment Baekhyun and Kyungsoo couldn’t get themselves to bother. They were way past that. It was okay on their terms because with them, things were not meant to be easy and orderly.

Baekhyun carded his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair, drawing a distracted moan from the latter. At the back of their minds, they knew what they were doing was wrong. What was meant to be stopped at fanservices during concerts was not in front of an audience anymore. It was a beautiful secret between the both of them and that was exhilarating enough to keep them from stopping.

Warm hands wrapped around a slender waist and deep sounds filled the air. Kyungsoo lifted Baekhyun up against the wall and dipped down to start planting gentle nips along Baekhyun’s inner thighs. Baekhyun gripped onto Kyungsoo’s shoulders to steady himself and shakily let out a breath. Kyungsoo looked up to see a tense Baekhyun and immediately stopped his advances.

“We don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to.” Kyungsoo gently massaged Baekhyun’s hipbones and gave him a reassuring smile. 

“No! I want to. I just… It’s been a while,”  Baekhyun peered down at Kyungsoo with his eyelashes and Kyungsoo raised an amused eyebrow at the older. 

“I didn’t peg you for the type to be timid around your partner.” Baekhyun pursed his lips and hit Kyungsoo on the shoulder, gaining a grin from the other male.

“How about you- Hmm,” Baekhyun was cut off by Kyungsoo’s lips claiming his, effectively silencing him. Baekhyun let go of all his inhibitions and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s neck. The water was running cold but the heat coursing through their bodies was far more than what the shower could throw at them.

---

“Baekhyun, we’re going to catch a cold if we don’t tend to that hair soon,” Kyungsoo kissed Baekhyun’s nose as he carried him back to his room. It was closer than Kyungsoo’s own room and he did not have the energy to walk down the stairs when he could just spend the night at Baekhyun’s.

Baekhyun mumbled something inaudible under his breath and continued kissing Kyungsoo’s throat, leaving a peck on his chin and finally his lips. Kyungsoo tightened his hold on Baekhyun’s back and fell on the bed with Baekhyun on top of him.

Kyungsoo let Baekhyun take the lead and let his arms take support of the pillows beneath him. Baekhyun slipped his hands under Kyungsoo’s shirt and rubbed his way through the younger’s soft skin. Kyungsoo dug his fists into the pillows and turned them around so that he was hovering over Baekhyun.

“, you’re breathtaking,” Kyungsoo whispered as he looked at a flushed Baekhyun, his lips were slightly parted and his eyes were shining. Maybe only to Kyungsoo, but he didn’t want to have it any other way.

“I know. Now kiss me, dumbo.” Baekhyun got hold of Kyungsoo’s collar and crashed their mouths together. They became one for the second time that night.

---

“Did you just sneeze on my hand?”

“Just be happy it was not worse, Kyungsoo!”

“Didn’t I tell you that we should have dried your hair properly?” 

Baekhyun kicked Kyungsoo out of the bed and Kyungsoo glared at the culprit. 

Sometimes, you just have to make exceptions for your loved ones and Kyungsoo learnt it the hard way.