Getting Worse

Sick Taeminnie

Sorry I haven't updated recently but there was some stuff I had to deal with.  Well here's the second chapter, I hope you all enjoy it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car-ride home was quiet, the silence only broken by Taemin’s ragged breathing and an occasional cough or sneeze.  Minho and Key were silently fussing over the sick maknae by his hair or touching his cheeks with their cool hands, basically trying to comfort the poor boy any way that they could.

Onew and Jonghyun watched on silently, their thoughts full of concern for their Taemin.  The car pulled into the parking lot in front of their apartment building and the four hyungs got out, Minho and Key gently helping Taemin out.

Taemin swayed when he stood, his head throbbing, and he wanted nothing more than to be in bed, possibly with Minho-hyung holding him in his arms.  He leaned into Key-umma and whimpered softly.

“Umma, can we go inside now?  I’m cold and I feel terrible.” 

The miserable maknae’s gentle brown eyes started to get misty and a tear made its way down his flushed cheek.

Key’s heart broke at the sight of his son in so much pain and he tenderly wrapped his arms around the sick boy after wiping the tear away.  “Sure thing, Tae-baby.  Let’s get you into bed.”

And so the five boys went up to their apartment, all of them desperately wanting to be home where they could hunker down and take care of their youngest member.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Onew opened their front door and began to take control of the situation once everyone was inside.  He looked at his dongsaengs one by one:

 Jonghyun’s face was full of concern as he watched their maknae.  Onew knew that even though Jonghyun was the most playful one in the group when it came to the well-being of any of the members Jonghyun took a very serious interest in it.  He was very worried about Taemin and wanted nothing more than for the poor maknae to be better.

Key’s face was tense and full of worry for his Tae-baby.  Since the day SHINee had been formed Key had had a very strong bond with Taemin and he always did everything he could in order to keep his Tae-baby happy and healthy.  Whenever Taemin was sad or not feeling well Key would always try his best to make him better.  Taemin’s current illness was obviously panicking Key a lot.

Minho’s face was worried and frantic and Onew could see a deep, lovingly concerned look in his wide eyes as he looked upon the sick Taemin.  Onew knew about Taemin’s crush on Minho and he whole-heartedly supported him in his love.  Lately he had been watching Minho and he had noticed how whenever the maknae was around, Minho almost immediately brightened up.  Minho had been raised to listen more than talk and rarely ever participated in conversations but when Taemin would talk to him it was like some switch had been flipped and he would suddenly become incredibly talkative.  Minho obviously had feelings for the younger and it brought a smile to Onew’s face watching them interact.  He hoped that the two of them would confess their feelings soon.

Onew’s face fell when he looked at Taemin: he was pale white, high spots of red on his cheeks from his fever, his skin shone with sweat and there were dark circles underneath his glazed eyes.  His expression was utterly miserable and it made Onew’s heart throb seeing that look on the normally cheerful maknae’s face.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright here’s what we’ll do: Jonghyun, go look around the house and find some extra blankets; Key, you start some tea for Taemin and some coffee for us, it’s going to be long night; Minho, go bring Taemin to bed and get him settled; I’ll go get some medicine from the bathroom and see if I can find our thermometer.  Taemin you just go with Minho and listen to everything he tells you, okay maknae?”

Everyone nodded and the boys all went off in different directions in the house.  Minho wrapped a warm, strong arm around Taemin and led him to their bedroom.  He sat the sick maknae on his bed and went into a closet to grab him something to sleep in.  Minho looked at all the clothes in the closet (courtesy of Key’s shopping habits) and grabbed one of his own t-shirts and a pair of Taemin’s pyjama pants.

“Here you go Minnie.  Do you need some help changing?”

The maknae made his trademark ‘puffer fish face’ and shook his head dizzily before he stubbornly attempted to pull his shirt over his head but failed miserably due to his arms aching so badly.  Taemin felt like such a baby, worrying his hyungs the way he was.  He also definitely did not want Minho-hyung helping him to get dressed; he was self-conscious and worried about how the rapper saw him.

Minho watched on, his lips quirking in amusement over the maknae’s stubbornness.  He finally stopped the maknae’s struggles and gently pulled Taemin’s shirt the rest of the way off for him.

“Let me help you maknae, or else you’ll never get changed.” 

Minho gently slid his t-shirt over Taemin’s head and helped move the maknae’s arms through the armholes, he then helped the maknae slide out of his jeans before putting on the pyjama pants for him.  He also got a pair of Taemin’s cute slipper socks, the pink and white striped ones, and put them on the maknae.

Once Minho was sure he was done he helped Taemin lay down and tucked him in under his covers.  Taemin’s cheeks flushed deeper red as he looked up at Minho.   Minho’s dark hair was spiky, Taemin knew from experience that it was actually quite soft, and his face and eyes were soft with affection and concern.  Taemin felt his heart speed up when his hyungs eyes met his.

“You okay Minnie?”  Those large, dark eyes filled with concern again and once again Taemin felt guilty for worrying  his crush.

“O-oh!  I’m okay hyung, just feeling tired and achy.  Can I go to sleep now?”

“Not yet, maknae.  We’ve got to wait until the hyungs get all the stuff together.  Once you’ve had some tea and taken your medicine you can get some rest.  I’m sure they won’t be much longer.”  Minho the boy’s black hair back from his forehead and frowned slightly at the heat rolling off of it.

“Ok...  Hey, hyung?”

“Yeah Minnie, what is it?”

“Thanks a lot for taking care of me.  Really, thank you.”  His cheeks burned even brighter, he didn’t realize it was due to his fever rising, and Taemin suddenly felt himself getting dizzier: the room was spinning and he wasn’t even moving!

“No problem maknae, I’ll do anything for you.” Minho smiled brightly at the younger boy before he noticed that Taemin was suddenly not looking well at all, “Hey are you okay Minnie?  Your face is really red!”

The room spun more and more and Minho’s face went out of focus.  Taemin barely registered Minho’s voice, shouting his name and then yelling for the hyungs when he couldn’t bring himself to respond, and then everything began to fade away.  It was hard to breath and he felt hot all over; it was like someone had put a huge, heavy pillow on top of him.  The last thing he heard was Minho’s voice, shouting desperately.

“Taemin, hold on!  Please hang on Minnie, pleaseI- I LOVE YOU TAEMIN!! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cliffhanger!  I'm so evil. XD  I'll definitely put up the next chapter faster so please look forward to it!  I'll be making this story atleast 4 chapters because there are just some things that I wanna do with this story- basically tons of 2min fluff! :D  Thanks to everyone who's subscribed and commented, I'm very glad people like it so much!