music to my ears

right where you want me

“you laugh a lot.”

jiwoo looked up at jinsol. “what?”

“you laugh a lot,” jinsol repeated.

we laugh a lot. i laugh a lot with you.”

“that’s true.”

“so, what’s the problem?”

“you laugh a lot for someone who can get as sad as you get sometimes.”

jiwoo didn’t reply immediately, but instead studied jinsol’s face. she looked like she’d been thinking about this for a while.

“does it bother you?”

“that you laugh? of course not.”

“no, i mean, that i laugh even though i get sad?”

jinsol frowned at her. “why would that bother me?”

“because it’s like i’m lying.”

“oh, jiwoo,” jinsol turned to fully face her on the bed, they were sitting cross legged.  “just because you get sad sometimes doesn’t mean that any of your emotions are false.”

“that’s a very jiwoo answer.”

“you asked a very jinsol question.”

jiwoo did laugh a lot. she smiled a lot too. you would think for someone like her, who had always supressed her sadness inside for so long, would had a tendency to shy away from anything that would make her frown. but laughing made jiwoo feel good. she had always been the type of person to actively seek out something that felt good and exciting.

and jinsol made jiwoo feel good.

jinsol tilted her head at jiwoo, “did i upset you?”

“why would i be upset?”

“because i'm overthinking again,”

“i know better than to be upset over something that’s a part of your personality.”

jinsol smiled; cheerfully and beautifully. “i’m not complaining, you know.”

“hm?”

“i love your laugh.”

“yeah?”

jinsol leaned closer to her. “i love it a lot.”

jiwoo still wasn’t used to kissing jinsol. it hadn’t been too long since their first kiss, and they were still trying to figure out how to not make things complicated. 

“hey, stop that,” jiwoo said as soon as she felt mischievous fingers slowly climb over her leg.

jinsol pulled away with a grin. “why?”

jiwoo batted her hand away. “you know why.”

“you’re right. i know why.” jinsol's hand returned.

jiwoo pushed the hand away. “don't be mean.”

“i'm not being mean.”

jinsol, who is the most stubborn person on the planet, reached out once again to wiggle her fingers over jiwoo's thigh, but this time she used both of her hands so that jiwoo would have a harder time stopping her. “i love your laugh,” jinsol reminded jiwoo. “i want to hear it now.”

jiwoo took both of jinsol's wrists in her hands. "we can’t always get what we want, you know.”

jinsol got this look that should’ve alarmed her, but instead made her feel a lot of other things. she was almost happy when jinsol suddenly pushed her down on the bed. 

“you’re taller than me. that's not fair,” jiwoo pouted as she was being pinned down.

jinsol rolled her eyes. “you are stronger than me. i think you can fight back, which, by the way, you aren’t.”

“i’m just humouring you.”

“sure.”

“hey, don’t!” jiwoo batted at jinsol's poking fingers.

“i just really want to hear you laugh!”

and then jiwoo was laughing. jinsol was straddling her hips and really went for it. one of her hands were squeezing her thigh while the other roamed over her rib cage, under her arms; tickling and poking and wiggling in all its might.

and it tickled so incredibly much.

jiwoo had always been a ticklish person. and jinsol knows all her sensitive spots. maybe jiwoo was just more vulnerable around her.

“jinsol, i'm going to punch you!”

jinsol snorted. “don't be rude to your girlfriend.”

“you should listen to your own advice!”

jiwoo should be embarrassed to being reduced to a giggly mess just by jinsol wiggling her fingers, but she was ecstatic. 

jinsol was obviously enjoying this too. jiwoo squirmed and flailed her hands around and laughed and laughed and laughed.

“i love this,” jinsol declared. “like music to my ears.”

“stop!”

“you love it.”

jiwoo did.

once jinsol decided that jiwoo had enough, she didn’t get up and just straddled jiwoo.

jiwoo peered up at her. “good?”

jinsol nodded. 

“i’m glad.”

jinsol gave her stomach one last poke. “you never retaliate.”

“should i?”

“that’s what people would do.”

jiwoo gave her a look. “do you want me to get you back?”

“i’m not answering that.”

“so, you do.”

jinsol glared at her, but her gaze held no real anger. before she could reply, jiwoo reached out to pull her down for a kiss.

and then she tickled jinsol instead.