Chapter 1: Don't Get Too Close

The Protector of Innocence

As the sun beamed down onto the beautiful day, Ahyeon walked to class. She attends an all-girl's school and tends to keep to herself a lot.

 

"Okay class. We have a new student today!" The Professor said walking in. Everyone gasped and looked over. 

 

"Please introduce yourself."

 

"Hello everyone! My name is Min Yoona. Please take care of me!" She said with a smiley face on. Everyone applauded and welcomed her. 

 

"Alright, please go sit at any empty seat." The professor said. Yoona looked around and looked at Ahyeon, walking over to sit by her. 

 

"Hi!"

 

Ahyeon looked over at her and smiled. 

 

"Hi," she said. "I'm Min Yoona. What's your name?"

 

"Son Ahyeon." She introduced herself. "Can we be best friends?!! I'm new here and I want to make a best friend!" Yoona asked desperately. Ahyeon couldn't help but chuckle. "Of course."

 

 

The end of the day came, and all the students grabbed their bags to leave school. 

 

 

"Ahyeon-ah, where's the best place to eat around here? Wanna go eat together?" Yoona asked linking arms with her. "Mmm..."

 

"Yoona!"

 

Ahyeon shook and looked up at the sound of a man who called for Yoona.

 

"Oh! Oppa!! Ahyeon, that's my older brother. He's cute, isn't he?" Yoona said smirking at Ahyeon who chuckled nervously. 

 

They walked over to Yoona's brother as Ahyeon looked around nervously. 

 

"Oppa, this is my new friend, Son Ahyeon. We're besties!" 

 

"Hello, I'm Min Yoongi. Thanks for taking care of my sister on her first day here." He said. Ahyeon glanced at him and let out a smile, looking straight down at the floor.

 

"Ahyeon said she could take us to the best restaurant around here!" Yoona said tugging her arm to go into Yoongi's car. Ahyeon stuttered and stood her ground.

 

"Yoona-ah... I'm sorry.. I actually have to go. My uncle needs me." She said breaking their linked arm. "I'll see you tomorrow. Nice to meet you." She said quickly bowing to Yoongi and speed walking off.

 

"What's up with her?" Yoongi asked. "Yah... what happened? Did I scare her?" Yoona asked. He chuckled and opened the door for her to walk in. "Your voice is too annoying. She couldn't stand another second." He said jokingly. "Yahh,"

 

 

 

Ahyeon walked around a corner and sighed as the skies got darker. She passed by some tall young ladies who were in skin-tight dresses, hair done, glam face, and high heels. She looked down and shrugged her shoulders inwards. 

 

She took a deep breath and looked up.

 

"Late Night Club"

 

She stood by the corner in the dark and bent down until her heels touched her . She looked around nervously and held her bag close against her chest. 

 

The loud music could be heard from being two blocks away. 

 

"Yah, Ahyeon!"

 

She quickly stood up with slight fear and turned around, taking quick steps towards a familiar car by the road. 

 

An older man threw his keys at her, his appearance very drunk, and got into the car. 

 

"Hurry up home!" He yelled at her. "Y-yes uncle." She stuttered and drove off. 

 

 

 

This is my uncle. My parents both abandoned me... and left me with him... the Monster.

The one who gives me nightmares everynight. And those nights that he doesn't give me nightmares... he IS my nightmare...

You'd think I shouldn't go home with him. But it was my home. I have nowher else to go. Why isn't there anyone to save me? We all know what will happen once I get home... should I get into an accident? Shall I finally get the courage to?