Is it worth preserving?

Will the flower bloom again?

Seongwu’s POV

“How’s the lasagna? I tried a new recipe”. I asked, because he seems like he doesn’t enjoy it. He’s eating it, yes, but, he doesn’t smile at all. No “hmmmmm this is good stuff, honey!”. No more.

“Oh, it’s great.”

He continued eating. Just one sentence?

At this point, I’m not surprised anymore. Lately, our marriage is getting dimmer. We barely sleep together now. He always spend his night in his office.

At first I thought maybe he’s stressing about his work. But it’s been 3, 4 months? I don’t know. I lost count already.

Kriek. The sound of his chair.

“This lunch is delicious.” He wiped his mouth and went to his office.

What went wrong? Is he cheating on me? Do I not looking good anymore?

I….. I still love him. So much.

I love you, Niel-ah.

 

 

Daniel’s POV

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

My husband, the man that I love with my whole life, nicely talked to me and I replied with one sentence. ONE!

To be honest, he did nothing wrong. It was me. At first, I was stressed about work. Now that I’m attached to my work, I don’t have time to shower him with love anymore. I am more focused on translating books. Some of those are romance books. So sad, that I can understand a romance book on other language, yet I can’t understand my own romance.

Have I, lost the ability to love? I know that I love him, just that I think I love my work more now.

Is this love worth preserving?

 

*text massage*

 

“Hey, you said you want to talk about something serious. What is it?”

“Wendy, can we meet?”  I replied.

“Sure, 3pm at the café.”

Wendy is my ex. But she turned into my friend after I came out to her. She was angry at first but then she can accept me as a friend.

I grabbed my keys and went to tell Seongwu that I’m going out.

“I’m going out with my friend. I’ll be back before dinner.”

Before I walked out of the living room, Seongwu grabbed my hand. He kissed me on the cheek. I felt……………….. nothing.

He said take care and goodbye. I just nodded.

Jerk.

I know. But my heart is empty. Why? I wanted to kiss him back but I can’t.

 

 

 

 

Seongwu’s POV

Today is my day off so it’s time for me to catch up on a drama. God, how many episodes have I missed?

As I was busy focusing on who is the killer in The Great Gambler, Niel walked out of his office.

“I’m going out with my friend. I’ll be back before dinner,” he said.

I stood up and pulled his hand. Gave him a sweet kiss on his cheek.

I gave a loving smile, “take care. Goodbye, honey.”

Yet, he just nodded. No goodbye back. Early years of our marriage, if I kissed him on the cheek, he would kiss me back on the forehead and said he love me. Does this marriage has lost its sparks? Am I ready to put an end after 6 years?

I can’t count how many nights I spent crying. And I am crying now. , I missed the killer in this drama. Sigh.

My life is a mess.

I’ll just text Jihoon. Maybe he’ll come and we can eat pizza together.

“Jihoon, are you busy today? Wanna come and make pizza?” Send.

“Hyung, I would love to but I’m waiting for Woojin to finish with his shift.”

“What? Woojin is working now? Why? Where?” He’s working now? Weird because he came from a really rich family. I thought they don’t need to work whilst they’re still in college.

“Yes he’s working now. At our favourite café, hyung. Because Jinyoung is making him. Jinyoung wanted to buy a huge teddy bear but their parents won’t let him. They said he has too much of teddy bears already. A huge one will take a lot of space in his room and his room is crowded with teddy bears already.”

“So, Woojin is working so he can give his salary to Jinyoung to buy that teddy bear?” I chuckled as I hit the send button. I met the twins, Woojin and Jinyoung a few times. They are so different from each other. Woojin is so friendly and loves to crack a joke meanwhile Jinyoung just, poker face. He’s the cold one, yet, he’s the one that like cute things so much.

“No, he’s working because he can accompany Jinyoung. Jinyoung doesn’t want his salary.”

“Hahhaha. Okay then. Tell them I said hi.”

“Will do, hyung! Bye.”

Back to the drama I guess.

 

 

Jihoon’s POV

Look at that, look at my boyfriend. Looking good. Making coffee. I am drinking this coffee he made. It’s bittersweet, not much like our love because our love is too sweet, we can get diabetes. Man, when will his shift is over so we can go the cinema.

PAPP!

Ack! Fuhh. Jinyoung startled me with that cold icy eyes.

“Here’s your cake.” He put the cake on my table and walked away. I didn’t even get to say thank you. Good lord, is this how you treat your customer? Look at Woojin, my Woojin, never lacking of smiles even just for a second. So proud to call him my man.

He look so good in that apr- wait? Is that Daniel hyung? With a girl? Wait. Isn’t that Wendy? His ex? Woah what is going on? Maybe they’re just hanging out as friends. Look, a girl approaching them. Probably not a date, but I should tell Seongwu hyung that I saw Daniel hyung here.

“Hyung, Niel hyung is here at the café.”

“Oh he’s at the café. Who’s he with?”

“Hyung, he didn’t tell you with who he’s going out with? Hyung, its Wendy, and another pretty girl.”

“That’s probably Irene, her personal assistant. No, he didn’t tell me where he was going, who he’s going to meet. He just said he’s going out with a friend and will be back before dinner.”

I was a bit shocked. They used to be a lovey dovey couple that tell each other everything. I aspire to be like them. But what happened? Is he, cheating on Seongwu hyung?

“Hyung, is everything okay?”