Been Through

Promises

I actually written this with taoris in my mind but somehow, when I reread this again I felt it is not really matching much. So, feel free to imagine who's who in whatever pairing you want to give and it'll be lovely if you tell me what you're thinking. =D

-

They've been joined by the hips since like forever. Having nobody except each other, they learned to survive the harsh world by each other.
"Will you be okay without me?"
"I will go wherever you go."

Winter, senior year.
"I've passed!"
His friend only kept mum.
"Are you o- oh!"
Sorry, your application is rejected
"Oh dear! It's gonna be alright," he says while hugging his head. His warm hug is comforting. He rises his head to catch his gaze.
"I don't want to be alone, without you." Tears fall freely on his soft cheeks. His fear is genuine.
"It's okay, we will get through this. I'll never leave you, I promise."

Summer, 2 years after.
It feels like it's been an endless, forever of waiting. Unanswered mails, mailboxed calls and returned letters are the only string attached. He heard from one of their schoolmates he already have another lover. Him being long forgotten. Maybe promises are really meant to be broken.

Winter, a year later.
His chest heaved up and down. Taking a breath felt like taking to much energy. The cold is taking toll on his body to it's worse. He tried to tighten the thin blanket, hoping for more heat but not much of use. Somehow he knew this could be the last.

Same time, different place.
He has been searching for him for too long. Always slipped from his grasp like the wind. Maybe he should spare more time, more effort to find him. But responsibilities and commitments confines him. And he has a promise to keep.


I'll change our life for the better.


"I'll buy us a mansion, beside the beach."
"No! I want it on a hillside!"
"Yeah yeah, we'll buy that. Hahahaha."


The call that night changes everything.


"He is hospitalised!" Said the informer.

Please God, spare him. Take me instead.

10 years later...
He walk through a few rows of black marble blocks before stopping in front of a particular one. Placing the bouquet on the black marble, he takes a seat beside it and caress the white words written on it.
They've met and made up. Explaining each other's situations, clearing up misunderstandings. They never been any happier than this. "A miracle", said the doctor. He survived for upcoming years in the future.
The mansion was bought - they succeed to find a location that suits both of their taste. It's actually just an average size house, but a mansion in their eyes nonetheless.
It was until 2 years prior that his health start to deteriorate. It was disregard as usual fatigue, maybe because of the additional workloads as he's climbing the stair of his career. Being a good lover he is, he takes care of him the best as he could until he was collapsed while strolling outside their house that evening.
"It's already in the final stage," the doctor informed.


The remaining days was spent to went back and forth to the hospital for chemotherapies.
He was missing one day. He was frantically searching for him. He found him later, in the gym near their house. He was drenched in sweat and tears. One of stages of coping with his condition, he remembered the therapist said. He ran and hugged him tight, cooing him lovingly as he can. His face was drenched with tears too.


"Maybe this is the answer of my prayer on that fateful night," he told him one day. He can't help to blame himself for survived that night.

"I will not trade the past with the present, ever," he assured him. They may not met again if he wasn't survived.

Present time

"I've been missing you. Had been dreaming about you a lot. Maybe we will see each other soon," he said to the marble stone lovingly before turn to walk back the way he came from. The wind blows softly on his footsteps.

[ ... ]

"An accident involving 2 cars and a lorry- ...2 death and others was injured- ...all victims was sent- ..."

Forever

They slowly walk hand-in-hand on the sea shore. He suddenly stops to pick something on the sand before turn to face him.

"Show me your palms".

"Hmm?" Cluelessly, he follows. He puts his palm on the other with a strangely stoic face.

He screams when there's something crawling on his hand and drops whatever it is on the sand. A tiny hermit crabs scrawl away into the sand. 

Furiously, he chased the boy across the sandy beach, scolding him.

Footprints they left on the sand slowly being washed by the waves. 

 

Author's blabber:

It's been a freaking LONGGGG time since I last tried to write a story.. The road had been tough and still is. So far I'm still survive this hard, cold world knowing my current journey is only a tiny fragment from a huge iceberg of problems + my desperado of waiting EXO new comebackkkkk

ANYWAY! Please comment below and upvote if it's to your liking and.. BYE (youtuber's voice)