Prologue : The Day She Met Him

The Boy I've Loved Before, Byun Baekhyun [ EDITING IN PROGRESS + RE-UPLOADING CHAPTERS WITH MINOR CHANGES ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Day She Met Him

 

His eyes explore his new school. It's not an elite high school but the environment is as charming as one. "Where's the office?" he asks his brothers. "Come with us." They walk to the school office and a staff greets them as soon as they enter the office. "Are you Byun Baekhyun?" he nods and takes the form the staff gave him. "I can manage myself and father is on his way. Both of you should leave for class now." Since their first period will be starting in a few minutes, Chanyeol and Sehun, trusting Baekhyun, leave the office.

Left alone, Baekhyun proceeds with the form and returns it. "Here is your timetable. We need your father to be here as you have extra documents and it's important." The staff hands him a piece of paper with his timetable printed on it. "He will be here soon," he replies and decides to wait for his father in the waiting room. After waiting for almost an hour, his father finally arrived. "I'm sorry. The traffic was bad. Sorry for keeping you waiting." Baekhyun gives him a small smile.

"It's okay. I don't mind, father. I'm sorry you have to come here because of me." 

"Son, it's my responsibility. It's alright." Mr Byun pats his back, giving his son a reassuring smile. He continues to focus on reading the documents, his hands are busy checking and signing the papers. Baekhyun doesn't say anything. He just sits there waiting for his father to be done with his part. It must be tiring for him. Byun Baekhyun is different. Due to an accident four years ago, he was diagnosed with a few health issues. It's hard for him to attend school. He only went out from their home to visit the small library in their neighbourhood and spend his leisure time reading. And today, today is his first day stepping out from their home for a different purpose. He is used to places with a small number of people. Going to school means exposing himself to larger crowds and he is starting to feel dizzy with the new surrounding.

They finished their discussions a few minutes before break time. His father left after he walked him to his locker. While he is arranging his stuff in his new locker, Chanyeol and Sehun come to him. "You've become today's hot topic." Sehun laughs, teasing him. Baekhyun keeps quiet. As expected by the tall duo, no reaction but they keep teasing him. They are used to it. Byun Baekhyun is just like that. He is finally done with his locker and shows them his timetable. To his luck, he is in the same class with both of them.

“Hi Byuns!” a girl beams at Sehun and Chanyeol. Both of them raise their hands and wave at the girl. “Lunch was super boring without you guys. Oh! I forgot my strawberry drink. See you guys later!” Without saying anything she immediately turns around and runs in the opposite direction. “Yah, Han Erim!” Chanyeol screams her name. Sehun shakes his head. “Geez, this girl.” Baekhyun’s eyes observe the disappearing figure. It feels like someone pricked his heart as soon as he saw her.

Weird.

 

 

 

It is another boring day in school. A dull day with those stressful homework and projects given by their teachers. Erim checks the time. 10:29:55. Five, four, three, two, one! The bell rings and Mrs Im, her Biology teacher, stops teaching. It's break time. Her classmates cheer loudly. Some of them leave the classroom, running, not forgetting to thank the teacher.

"Lunch box again?" Seungwan smiles as she takes a seat beside Erim. Erim nods before she takes out her lunch box.

"You should change your seat. It's lonely si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter