Regular Citizens

Mrs. and Mrs. Kang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey everyone. I’ve wanted to do a story based on the film mr and Mrs smith for a while and so we have seulrene But Mrs and Mrs Kang, I hope I can pull this off. I’ll try hopefully.


 

It’s 7pm when Kang Seulgi gets home from work. The brunette, monolid woman enters her house with briefcase in hand. It’s been a long day at work and now she wants to sit down to dinner with her wife Joohyun, whom should be home from her job by now. There are times Joohyun will be working late at the law firm, and Seulgi doesn’t always have the opportunity to have dinner with her. Tonight, she’s in luck because Joohyun is indeed home.

 

“Hi, honey.” The brunette hears Joohyun call out from the kitchen. Seulgi walks into the kitchen and sees the raven is putting the finishing touches on dinner.

 

“Hi, Hyun. Have you been home long?”

 

The shorter woman tells her that she’s only been home about an hour ago. The couple kiss for a few moments before breaking for air.

 

“Why don’t you go and get ready for dinner? It’s almost done.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Seulgi goes upstairs to get out of her work clothes, wash her hands, and get into more comfortable clothing. At least that is what she does after she goes to what is her art room. It’s a simple room with canvases, paint, easels, and desk. It looks like any normal room, except for the second switch that turns all those things into what it really is. It’s her room that houses all of her assassin equipment, everything from guns, swords, knives, bombs, as her boss supplies her well. Kang Seulgi is not the mild-mannered office worker that she would like Joohyun to believe, no Kang Seulgi is in reality a trained assassin and has been masquerading as an office worker for years. The brunette puts her briefcase away, and hits the switch again. The room turns back into the art studio.

 

It’s not that Seulgi enjoys lying to Joohyun about her other life and job. It really is better this way to keep her secret. As far as Joohyun knows she is an regular citizen with a typical 9 to 5 job, and that’s the way it will stay. When Seulgi returns Joohyun is putting food into plates. The raven turns when she notices her wife. Joohyun smiles warmly and tells her to sit.

 

“How was your day?” Joohyun asks her while they sit down to dinner. They usually have the standard, basic spouse conversations after work.

 

“It was good. I’m probably going to get that promotion I’m up for.”

 

“Oh, that’s so good, Seul. You really deserve that promotion.”

 

“Thank you, how was your day?”

 

Joohyun sighs. “You know the Lee case I’ve been telling you about?”

 

“The one where the guy murdered his wife?” Seulgi asks while slicing into her salmon. Joohyun will sometimes tell her about certain cases. It’s just another way to keep some conversations going.

 

“Yes, it’s going to be a long case. It’s not going as well as I hoped.”

 

Seulgi reaches over to touch her hand. “You’ll do it, Hyun. You’re very smart and you hardly ever lose any case.”

 

“Thanks, Seul. I hope this ends up going well, at least it will lighten up my work load some.”

 

“I hope so, it feels like I hardly see you.”

 

“I understand. We haven’t been spending a lot of time together, but that’ll change when this case is resolved, okay?”

 

“Sure.” Seulgi nods with a small smile. She really does hate lying to Joohyun about her own life, especially when her wife is such a kind and considerate person. The brunette reminds herself that she is doing the right thing by keeping her other life a secret. After dinner they would usually sit in their living room and watch television together. It’s another typical couple thing to do.

 

“I’m probably going to go to bed early.” Joohyun tells her from where she’s sitting. “I have a busy day tomorrow.”

 

“I understand. I actually have some work I need to catch up on, Hyun. You’ll probably be asleep by the time I get to bed.”

 

It’s not uncommon for the couple to go to bed separately, or sometimes there will be someone missing. Seulgi will sometimes get home late and see Joohyun asleep, and there are times Joohyun is gone for work before she even wakes. There is something missing in their marriage to one another, and that is the passion and spark. It’s not that Seulgi hasn’t grown to care for Joohyun. Over the years together she has developed feelings for her wife, but she can’t deny that having a wife in the first place provides her with an extra cover story to hide her secret life.

 

They were introduced by mutual friends years ago, and after a few dates decided to date. It was a year into dating that Seulgi asked Joohyun to marry her. If Joohyun had any hesitations on marrying her. She never voiced any, and so they married. They’ve settled in this quiet married life, and Seulgi doesn’t mind if it stays this way, after all she can’t have Joohyun finding out about her real job. The shorter raven leans up to kiss her lips before telling Seulgi she is heading to bed.

 

“I’m going to bed, Seul. I’ll see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter