Strawberry

Lilies Mean I Dare You To Love Me

After class, Chaeyoung quickly packed her things and hurried over to Dahyun, who was still seated motionlessly on her chair, staring out the window. "Dahyun, are you okay? Something seemed to bother you a while ago during lunch," said Chaeyoung, touching Dahyun's shoulder gently.

Dahyun flinched in surprise and shook her head quickly. "Chaeyoung! Ah, yes, I'm fine, sorry, I suddenly started feeling unwell, so I ran to the... the... toilet! I had a massive emergency at the toilet!"

The panicked expression screaming across Dahyun's pale face was enough to make Chaeyoung snort.

"Sure, I'm sure you had a massive thing to attend to over there," she laughed and slapped Dahyun's back playfully. "If ever you want to talk about it, you can tell me."

Dahyun made a face and retorted, "Oh, man, my new friend is fascinated by outbursts of diarrhea. What a weirdo!"

Chaeyoung shrugged and comically replied, "What are friends for? Come on! We're already the last ones here!"

The two of them rushed out into the hallway and almost bumped into a motionless Chou Tzuyu, who was standing by the stairwell.

"Tzuyu!" called Chaeyoung, "Are you heading to the dorm already?"

Still as pretty as a porcelain doll, Tzuyu nodded silently then looked at Dahyun and softly asked, "Are you... are you okay now?"

Dahyun grinned in return and replied, "I'm okay now, Tzuyu! Want to come with me and Chaeyoung? We're heading to the dorms too. You're new, so I wouldn't want you to wander into the wrong department or building."

Tzuyu smiled softly and said, "Yes please. I'd like that."


The odd trio -- tall Chou Tzuyu, pale Kim Dahyun, petite Son Chaeyoung -- walked down the brick path, making casual, comfortable conversation along the way. Dahyun answered their questions about the school. Tzuyu trailed just a couple of steps behind the other two; she seemed more curious about the surroundings and buildings that they passed. Chaeyoung and Dahyun were in the middle of a debate about the best sushi place in town, when Dahyun abruptly stopped and pointed ahead.

"There! That's the dorm!"

Chaeyoung's eyes widened as she saw the giant structure. It was a grand five-story building, with light orange walls and a red-tiled roof. The front facade was expansive and seemed to cut away at a sharp acute angle at both ends. The yard in front was guarded by an elegant, metal fence and decorated with bright flowers. Vines crept up the building and rested at the railings of balconies. Students rushed through the front door excitedly, but Chaeyoung stood back to take the sight in.

"Fun fact!" quipped Dahyun, "if you take a picture of the dormitory from the air, it looks like a giant strawberry! The whole complex has three sides."

"That's amazing!" yelled Chaeyoung. Tzuyu giggled softly from behind them.

As the trio made their way inside and stood in the foyer, a familiar voice called out from behind them.

"Chou Tzuyu! Wait for me!"

Panting against the front door was the girl who had fallen asleep on the bench.

"Ah!" laughed Chaeyoung, "you're the one Jeongyeon-unnie was brushing during lunch!"

"Me?" stared the girl in confusion. "Ah, yeah! Jeongyeonnie does that when my hair gets messy." She turned to Tzuyu and said, "I was looking for you at school. Unnie asked me to show you to the dorms, but I guess I missed you on the way out." She laughed at her own misfortune with a wide grin.

Tzuyu stepped forward and softly replied, "Sorry, but I forgot your name."

"My bad! I should really introduce myself to you after all." The girl reached over for Tzuyu's hand and said, "I'm Hirai Momo. I'm a second year student here at JYP Academy. I'm also part of the student council, and the Roses asked me to take care of you for the year!"

"Nice to meet you," said Tzuyu, her voice barely louder than a whisper.

All of a sudden, Momo turned to Dahyun, with an odd tilt of the head. "You're... Kim Dahyun, right?"

"Yes...? How do you know me?"

"We have a common friend," replied Momo with a cheeky smile that made Dahyun snort with laughter.

"And you!" She turned to Chaeyoung and continued, "Jeongyeonnie told us all about you! Son Chaeyoung, right? I feel like I've known you forever, after all the stories she told us about you!"

"Like what?" asked Chaeyoung in surprise.

Momo paused and exclaimed, "Ah! She told me not to tell you that! Forget what I said!"

"Ehhhh?!" burst out Chaeyoung, "That makes it sound bad! What did she tell all of you?"

Momo laughed with arms raised in defense, adding, "Don't worry! All the stories were cute! Especially the ones about wetting the bed!"

Chaeyoung made a mental note to kick Jeongyeon unnie in the shins the next time she saw her.

Tzuyu cleared and asked, "Why were you looking for me, Miss... Hirai?"

"Please feel free to call me Momo unnie! I came looking for you to give you a tour. Since we're already here at the dorm, how about I give you a tour of the place? Have you seen your rooms yet, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung?"

They both shook their heads. "Perfect!" exclaimed Momo, clapping her hands together. She grabbed Chaeyoung and Tzuyu's hands and led them towards the closest door. "Come on, you too, Dahyun!" she called over her shoulder. Dahyun followed with a shrug and a small smile.

Unbeknownst to any of them, a familiar pair of eyes watched them from the top of the staircase.