the blue gem~~

The Hidden Sky~~

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author POV

 

Lee Jimin was a hardworking woman who lived her life diligently. She got one son and pregnant with another child. Her husband is a farmer in the rural village. Although they are consider as a poor family, their lived simply and happily. Their village in Haenam is a small rural place and far away from any big city. All the villagers live closely and nothing they didn’t know about each other.

 

Her only son, Shin Minho is a pretty little boy that adored by the villagers. He is bright, cheerful and helpful child. His name was a combination between Jimin and her husband’s name, Jiho. After knowing his mother getting pregnant, he can’t stop smiling and keep asking when he will get to see the baby. Her husband, Shin Jiho also was very excited and can’t wait to have another angel in their family.

 

The only one who is not excited is the mom. Jimin was worried and scared because her family side got inheritance symptom or mark that being treat as ominous and cursed by the villagers. Their villagers have a strong believe in local folk belief that anything new, different or considered not normal is a cursed that will bring bad luck and famine to their family and village. Her sister family from another village was chased away by the villagers because her daughter got the “mark” when she was born. Her eye was light brown on right side and black on the left. The villagers were scared and though the she was tainted or touch by the demon or fox demon that have a bright eye color that eat the human livers in their belief.

 

Other than her sister, her cousin son also get the same “ mark” but they gave away the baby to the priest at a temple before any of her village people noticed it as they scared of their own baby who have a grey eyes. Kang Soon was hesitated to tell to her husband because her husband also belief in that kind of local folk tale. All she can do is praying that her child in her belly will be normal as her son, Minho.

 

But her prayed was not answered. She gave birth to a beautiful little angel. Everything was beautiful, perfect and a blissed. But the moment the little angel open her eyes, her eyes was a bright blue as the sky. Jimin didn’t know whether she should be happy or scared. Her husband who nervously waiting outside the room jumped in joyed when he heard the cries and dashed inside the room to see the baby.

 

But his joy fell into a death silent when he saw the frightened midwife that helped his wife to deliver the baby. The old lady hastily excused herself and let the husband to be alone with the wife.

Jiho walked slowly to the bed. All the negative and bad thought roaming in his mind.

 

 

Is the baby died? Mute? Deaf? or defect?

Jiho braced himself and sat near his wife who just fights with death to give him them the little angel. He will accept no matter what is the problem. He pats Jimin’s shoulder lovingly and wipes her tears.

 

 

“What wrong dear? Is our little angel safe? Please don’t cry………”

 

Jimin’s tear can’t stop flooding her red cheek and put the baby in her husband embraces. Jiho nervously took the fragile sleeping baby and examined her physical for any problem.

All are perfect, no defect and no any physical problem. Jiho smiling and the baby temple with his thumb. The baby whined a little. So she is not mute also. Jiho kissed the baby and sniffing the baby scent with pure joy at the cheek.

 

Jimin cry harder seeing the touching scene in front of her. She knew that it won’t last in a long time once the baby open her eyes. Jiho was panicked and put the baby on bed to have a look at his wife.

 

 

“What’s wrong dear? Do you want to go to the hospital?”

 

Jiho asked panicky while checking if his beloved wife got any bleeding or need anything.

 

 

“I’m really sorry; forgive me for not being a perfect wife for you……… I failed you!!”

 

“What are you talking about dear? You didn’t fail me and you just gave me another reason to live in this world…….you were the best thing happen to me in this life~~~~Please stop crying”

 

Hearing Jiho gentle words make Kang Soon calm a bit.

 

 

“Our angel, she…..she got the….she was…….was ‘marked’…….I’m……….I’m sorry~~~”.

 

Stuttered Jimin because she was afraid to see her husband expression when he knows about their baby.

Jiho mind was blank but calmly reaching out for the baby. He touched the baby face and rubs her belly to get the response from the newborn baby. The baby slowly whining and open her eyes. Once their eyes met, Jiho was stumped and froze. That blue eye eyeing him and thin line of smile form to greets the father. Jiho slowly put the baby down and pats his wife hand.

 

 

“Take a rest and sleep well my dear…….I’ll be outside if you need anything…………”

 

Then he heavily walked out the room and closed the door. Jimin sobbing can be heard from the inside. She disappointed with herself. The frustrated mom picked her newborn baby and kissed her cheek lovingly. The baby left out a small cry as if she understands the pain that her mom were going through.

 

 

“I know love~~~~~I know……it’s not your fault…..it’s mine~~~~~”

 

The baby cries become louder and louder each time as if she strongly protest what her mom just said. Her cries stop when the room’s door wide open by a little hand. Minho walks slowly but excitedly swings his hand left and right marching toward the bed. He is too eager and can’t stop smiling to the fullest to see the baby cutely rub her watery eye.

 

 

“Hey mommy, is this little thing for me?~~~~~”

 

Beam Minho with his big eyes.

 

 

“It is not a thing Minho ah~~~……. It’s a baby and also your little sister……..”

 

Chuckle Jimin when she saw his son’s antic. Hearing that make the boy become jumpy and attack the pinkish little angel with a mouthful of kisses. That scene makes her heart lightened a bit and she forgot for a while the reason of her tears just now. How she wish that Jiho will react the same. She knew her husband was disappointed and hurt.

 

 

“Mommy!!! Mommy!! Her eyes~~~ it’s blue!!!”

 

Minho’s loud voice snaps Jimin back to the reality. She covers Minho’s little mouth then whisper slowly.

 

 

“It is just~~~~just a normal thing….normal thing to….to a newborn baby….”

 

Stutter the mother panicky. She worried that Minho might be scare of his own little sister and distance himself because of the differences between them.

 

 

“Its beautiful mommy~~~~~ It’s blue~~~~~like the sky~~~~~”

 

Minho’s honest reply stuns his mom. She never imagines how simple and innocently the kids seeing and judging things compare to the adults. They just justify things as the way there are without any bad thought or any fear toward a differences. That make Jimin realize how twisted the adults are.

 

 

“Some people might don’t like it like you do, Min ah~~~~~You must protect your sister by any cost, from any harm………can you promise me??”

 

Smile the mother and patting her son head gently. Other than her, Minho can also be the shield for the little angel to face the villagers. Jimin believe that. She wants to believe that.

 

 

“I’ll protect her mommy~~~~~Nobody can bully her when I’m around……. I promise~~~~Pinky swear~~~~~”

 

Smile the little boy while showing his pinky to his mom.

 

 

“But in exchange, can I name her, mommy?”

 

Beg Minho with his big puppy eye.

 

 

“What would you name her then?"

 

Chuckle Jimin whiles patting the boy head.

 

 

“Haneul!!! Haneul!!!`~~”

 

Beam the little boy esthetically. He was thinking that name since he saw his little sister’s eyes. ‘Haneul’ means ‘sky’. The name really suits her eye color and sound loveable to him. He really hopes that he can name his new baby sister with that name.

 

 

“Then, Shin Haneul it is~~~”

 

Nod Jimin with a warm smile.

At least her daughter got two strong shields now. Although she still worried about how Jiho will act toward their daughter, Jimin wish that sooner or later his attitude will change. This angel is his flesh and blood after all. She smile and drift to sleep because of the struggle in bringing the little angel to the see the world.

And Minho can’t stop caressing the baby plump cheek and kissing her forehead.

 

 

“Haneul ah~~~oppa will protect you~~~~grow up fast, okay??”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Anew story that i promised.....i'm sorry it's a bit late though~~~~the 1st few chapter will be the background of the main character so the reader won't be confused with the development of the story......critic, comment and question is highly recomended~~~