001. Aruem

Opposites

 

001. Aruem 

 

 

"C'mon, I'm sure it won't be that bad." Hana Lee, tried to convince her daughter her seemed set on the thought that no one was going to like her, much less want to be her friend.

 

"Mom, I'm moving to a new school in the middle of the year. Mot to mention, I'm a super."

 

A super, was what most referred to the gifted, as. Despite it's name, being called super was one of the most insulting things of the century. 

 

Hana rolled her eyes at her daughter, shaking her head at the dramatics.

 

"You'll be fine sweetheart. Now, I'll pick you up at three. Alright?" 

 

Aruem nodded relunctantly, slipping out of the passenger seat and stuffing her earbuds into her ears. Putting "Cherry Bomb" on blast, Aruem tucked her notebook under her arm and headed for the doors of the high school.

 

~~~~

 

"So, this is going to be your schedule. Your locker combination and finally your curricular activities sign sheet. Welcome to Daegu Academy High." The lady flashed a bright smile at Areum causing her to grimace internally as she could see the dark red lipstick stains left on the woman's teeth. Smiling awkwardly, Aruem thanked the lady and grabbed her stuff, heading for her first class of the day. Music. 

 

~~~

 

"You must be the new student, Aruem Lee." The man greeted her. She nodded and he brought one hand up to motion her forward. Aruem could feel her anxiety creeping up as she felt the stares of the students as well as heard their hushed comments.

 

Man, the new girl is hot!!!

 

How many weeks you think before she has her legs open.

 

Ew, she looks old

 

Why are her eyes blue 

 

Ignoring the whispers, Aruem smiled at the man and took her seat, excited for the assignment they would soon start. 

 

"Alright class, today we will be creating an instrumental for a song."

 

Areum nodded as she took notes, it seemed that this school wouldn't be so bad.