One

Beauty and the Beast

Prince Kai was cursed. 

Once, years ago, he'd offended the wicked fairy Amber by calling fairies some non-family-friendly names; as a result, he had been turned into a cross between a lion and a labrador. Not a good combination. 

Amber had never been his greatest friend. After he turned ugly, he just wanted to kill her. 

 

When he first saw himself, he screamed. 

"Wow. Rude." 

"Chanyeol?" Kai looked frantically around, but he didn't see his servant anywhere. 

"Here!" The candlestick was bouncing up and down. 

No way.

His sister Luna chose that moment to announce that she had gotten turned into a clock. 

"Lucky," a teacup snorted in the voice of Sehun, the stable boy. 

"Ssshhhh." His father Suho was apparently a teapot. Why not. 

 

Now, Kai lived alone in a great castle, sulking and smashing every reflective surface he saw. He didn't want to see his face. 

One day, he heard a knock on the door and nearly had a heart attack. 

"Mama mia!" He leaped up. "That's weird. Usually, people don't go near anything like my castle. It's so gloomy, plus this hill has an unpleasant history...."

Several hundreds of ghosts roamed the hill, making it sort of a 'cursed spot'.

He flung open the door to find a teenage girl who looked very bored. She held the reins of an equally bored horse. 

"Wow,' the girl said without enthusiasm. 'You're super ugly."

"Argh! What do you want?"

"Food," the girl said. 

"Go somewhere else if you're hungry."

"I'm not hungry. I'm Krystal. Give me food.'

Kai resisted the urge to throw her off a cliff. "Fine. But leave as soon as possible."

"I planned on it," the girl replied. 

 

Of course, she fell asleep, and Kai had to stuff her in the guest room until the next day came so he could throw her out. 

She got sick. 

"Do you mean you have to stay here?" He whined. 

'Ugh." Krystal looked disgusted. "I hope I magically get better right away."

She didn't, of course. And since she could barely walk, he had to bring her food and water. 

 

One day, he woke up to knocking on his bedroom door. 

"Please say she doesn't have a sister who's here to plague me too," he grumbled. 

"I do have a sister," came Krystal's voice. "But Jessica isn't here. Open the door, dummy!" 

He flung it open. "What?" 

"I'm leaving," she said. 

For some reason, Kai felt almost sad. "Already?" 

She smirked. "Are you going to miss me?" 

"Yes. I mean, no! I totally hate you." 

"Yeah." She grabbed his hand. "I hate you too." 

Kai smiled a little. 

Suddenly Krystal screamed. "Oh my goodness! Kai! All along you were HANDSOME?" 

"What?" Kai put his hands to his face. He didn't feel fur. 

"Yajcdkceklxdekhagje!" Kai screeched out gibberish. He ran to the window and peered at it, hoping to see his reflection. 

Sure enough, he wasn't a beast anymore. 

"It's brokeeeeennnnnnnn!" 

"What's broken?" Krystal asked in confusion. 

"The curse! My uglifying spell! It's broken!" 

Chanyeol, no longer a candlestick, rushed into the room. "Omg!" 

Sehun raced up behind him. "Finally I don't have to carry tea anymore!" 

"And I'm no longer fat," his father added gratefully. 

Luna, formerly a clock, hugged Krystal. "I hated having hands on my face." 

"I have to leave," Krystal insisted. 

 

Krystal did leave. But just two weeks later she returned to visit, and by the next year they were engaged. The end.