1 >

Poison

Years later in an unknown universe.

 

“now what? Do we go or?” Eunseo asks leaning over the old building’s wall crossing her arms across her chest “i am not sure, i’ve been feeling like something big is coming” the smaller girl says as she sneaks under Eunseo’s crossed arms hugging her waist as her face buries over the crock of the taller’s neck closing her eyes “can you be a bit more specific?” Olivia asks as she comes out of a blind dark spot by the opposite wall the two lovers were standing against making the room temperature drop drastically.

 

“well..” Luda says as she takes a deep breath causing her silver locks to slightly sway as if a soft breeze was hitting them “it feels as if you had multiplied” the short girl says opening her eyes to turn around in Eunseo’s arms pressing her back against the tallers chest and her hands over her lover’s arms as her eyes set on Olivia in front of them “it’s an energy really similar to yours but not exactly the same” as Luda speaks Olivia looks out the old building’s window feeling her heart twist inside her chest “where, take me there” she says making Luda nod her head as she extends her small hand making Olivia reach out to hold it to disappear in thin air as soon as they come in touch.

 

12 miles away from Olivia’s place

 

“how do we know this place is safe?” jiwoo asks looking around at their bright surroundings staring at the faint three moons up in the skies “is there anyone trying to kill you?” a short girl asks plopping down to sit over the edge of the tall building’s roof letting her feet hang over it causing a small glare to come her way as she just shrugs it of “all i am saying is that we need to make sure, the last universe almost got us” Jiwoo says again sighing at how close they were from getting caught by the Angel’s Guard, as the two talk to each other one small blond girl stays with her arms closed standing by the opposite edge having her dress be swayed by the wind “gow--” sooyoung was about to call her name before she cut her through “don’t” her voice comes out cold and short making the taller sigh silently as she walks closer.

 

A few minutes of relative silence go by between the two as jiwoo and yeojin continue to snap at each other deciding if the place was safe or not “Oli could be alive” sooyoung says causing Gowon to clench her jaw as a tear instantly leaves her eye to vanish by the edge of her lip as she turns around to face the other “how dare you say her name? You stole my choice away, you could have left and leave me there with her but you chose to drag me away from her, because of you she was left all alone, and now you say she could be alive? She could be alive!?” Gowon yells her last few words up her hand causing the skies above them to turn gray as big waves of air hit everything around them “unnie-” yeojin says immediately standing away from the edge to look at her “unnie!” yeojin calls out again as the wind grows stronger.

 

The pain inside Gowon’s heart was unmeasurable as for their kind one could only fell in love once in their lives, and for an immortal being, that was a very long time, losing the one person she loved more than herself was enough to kill every  signs of light and hope inside her and now the sole mention of her name felt like a thousand knives piercing her body at once, Jiwoo gets beside her holding on to her hand as she stares into her bloodshot red eyes “i know you are hurting, but the longer we use our powers the sooner they will find us” she says making Gowon look back at her as a wave of strength breaks their eye contact making the four angels look at the same direction, in the opposite side of the roof Eunseo and luda pop out thanks to Luda’s teleportation ability, yeojin immediately runs to Gowon’s side as Sooyoung stands beside Jiwoo slightly in front of her in a defensive position.

 

“here it is, they are the energy i’ve been feeling, this is the fourth universe so far” Luda says as her eyes stay on the unfamiliar figures before listening to their voices “who are you? What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asks as Gowon’s heart starts to beat faster than it has in a long long time, it may have not felt like it as they have been running, jumping from an universe to another hiding from the Guard but hundreds of years have past since they escaped the Eden Garden and for the first time since then the blond felt alive, her eyes shake as she searches around for any sign of Hyejoo, her Hyejoo.

 

“i won’t ask again” sooyoung says causing Eunseo to show a grin and Luda to chuckle at the threat of the angel, they may not look like much but both were high priestess in their universe, possessing unknown magical power that is yet to know a limit “then what are you gonna do?” Eunseo says challenging the girl across from them causing Sooyoung’s hand to fist up glowing as a bow starts to form out of pure light “told you, it’s an energy really similar to yours” Luda says causing confusion to show up in the angels faces “what-” yeojin asks as Olivia comes out from behind Eunseo making Sooyoung’s bow disappear as the four of the stay frozen not knowing if what they were seeing was real or just a mind game coming from the strangers in front of them.

 

“Oli..” Sooyoung whispers as Gowon runs towards Olivia as if the world around them had disappeared not realizing her outburst earlier had made their location exposed, the Guard had arrived and now they didn’t only had the four runaways together now they also had the fallen angel within their range. In the blink of an eye Gowon was inside Olivia’s arms having her back face the rest of the angels behind her as an energy circle on her back keeps an arrow from hitting them, the eyes of Sooyoung and Jiwoo go up to the red sky just to see Angels come from all angels towards them, their bows form instantly as they start to shoot back having yeojin mesmerized at Olivia being just in front of her.

 

As a battle seems to be starting the Guard’s leader commands “objective one, shoot to kill the rest catch alive if possible” Seola says staying above them causing Jiwoo to frown up as she shoots multiplying her arrows in attempt to hit as many angels as she could manage “objective one..” Sooyoung says as her eyes shift to Olivia wondering why she was still in human form even after being attacked first.

 

Gowon’s tears flow as she looks up staying in her lover’s embrace unable to move or even lose her grip around her feeling as she was to disappear if she did “Hyejoo…” Gowon whispers causing her eyes to lower down to look at her before going up to stare at Luda “take us out” she says making the short girl nod her head as her silver locks start to waver again yet this time start glowing as Eunseo’s energy shield starts to expand just to soon after vanish in thin air.

 

“no!” Seola yells as Olivia disappears before their eyes despite being surrounded by the best hunters the Guard could have “how can she still get away when she is nothing but a mortal” Jiyeon asks as she stays beside seola causing the Commander to tense her jaws “we don’t know that for sure, nobody was ever stripped from her wings before and lived to tell, what if her becoming human was a lie?” seola asks keeping her eyes on the roof.

 

***did luda take everyone with her?***