11:11 Make a Wish

11:11

 

It’s 11:05 PM and I was listening to songs while lying on my bed. Oh wait, my NEW bed, I mean. It felt kinda uncomfortable since we moved to a new home. I got my new room with new appliances and furniture. We moved here for my mom’s sake. Her other sibling is also living in this village and she didn’t want to be away from them, so we brought this house.

It’s kinda cute though, it has a weird structure that is very uncommon with houses. It’s like a two-in-one house. The house downstairs and upstairs can be occupied by different families since the area alone is big. So, to make that possible, there are stairs outside the house going to the second floor. And we happen to live on the second floor of the house. Enough of that, all I thought was that, “I’ll like it here”. I just needed to adjust a little bit, especially with my bed.

I was listening to music, as I already told you. The song that’s playing was, “Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)”. Of course you know that song, it’s SNSD.

“I’m genie for you boy. I’m genie for your wish”

When it was finished, a random preset song on my phone suddenly played. So, I clicked on the next button. As I looked at my phone, I noticed that it was already 11:11 PM. I remembered what they said. When the clock hits 11:11, you should make a wish. I gave it a try.

“I wish I meet a handsome guy in this village”

Yes, it was a joke. Who was I kidding? I only did that for fun. Sometimes, I just needed to release my funny imaginations. This is one of those.

I resumed to listening and searching for a good song. When I finally got that song I wanted, someone knocked at the door of my room.

“Sweetie, could you open the door? I have something to ask you,” just by the voice, I knew it was mom. I opened the door and let her in.

“Dear, could you do me a favor?” she asked me.

I sighed and replied, “What is it, mom?”

“Go to your uncle’s house and bring this food to them,” she told me. It’s really disturbing considering that it’s already pass eleven.

“Huh, okay,” I said as I stood up from my bed.

On my way going to uncle’s house, it felt creepy seeing the houses alike in our village. Yes, the houses here only have one design and the only thing that differentiates them is the number outside each home. I sort of got troubled ‘cause I might get lost. Anyway, I took note that our house is numbered 252.

When I finally saw my uncle’s house, I rushed to their door and knocked. I was able to deliver it with care, so glad that I’m done with it.

I finally reached home and I was already tired. As I reached the second floor, I opened the door. To my surprise, it was not our house! The middle-aged woman saw me. I got so embarrassed that I shut the door, ran downstairs as rapidly as I could. To my clumsiness, I hit someone.

 I fell and landed on my arm, it really hurt. “Oh my gosh, I’m sor-“ when I lifted my head, I saw this really, really, really, cute guy and I totally lost my words. I just stared at him as he picked up the stuff inside his paper bag that were scattered around.

“Ah, it’s okay,” he said in a very calm voice as he stood and faced me. He smiled and asked, “Are you hurt or something?”

“Ah, no, no, no! I just happened to get the wrong house,” I told him and I was starting to go down the stairs, “I’m truly sorry, it won’t hap-“. He grabbed my arm and looked at it intently.

“Um, what are you looking at? I told you, I’m okay,” I said to him while he was still examining my arm.

You got a wound here, miss,” he reported and my faced suddenly became red. I didn’t know but I was feeling nervous inside of me and my heart was racing. “C’mon, let’s go inside. I’ll bandage it for you,” he smiled and dragged me inside by my other arm.

“Mom!” he screamed. I had a bad feeling that it was his mom who saw me.

“Oh! Chanyeol-ah, is this your new girlfriend?” his mom said. I was glad that it wasn’t that woman. But I noticed Chanyeols face change a bit after his mom said that. Was there something wrong? I didn’t know but I, myself, was shocked of suddenly being called the girlfriend of this pretty boy.

“No. I happened to meet this girl when I was going-up. She bumped at me because she was running. She has a wound so I told her I’d mend it for her,” he justified. Honestly, my arm did really hurt badly after that fall. It was really kind of him to do this for me.

He let me sit on the sofa and took something. When he returned, he looked like a boy scout with a large first aid kit. He kneeled and started cleaning my wound. While he was doing that, I couldn’t help but look at his really cute face.

“What’s your name?” he suddenly asked me.

“I’m Heeyoun. I’m new in this village,” I replied.

“Your name’s Chanyeol, right?” I asked and he nodded.

Suddenly, someone came to the living room. It was the woman who saw me earlier.

“Chanyeol-ah, I didn’t know this is your girlfriend! She came in accidentally, or did she? ” she laughed joyfully.

No, she’s not. I just met her on my way up. We hit each other. Look, she has a wound here,”

“Yes, I got the wrong home,” I added. Then she left. Must have been a relative.

 When he was done, I asked him, “Chanyeol-ah, can I make a call at our house? It’s already late. They might be worrying by now.”  He gave me the phone and I told my mom everything that happened. Oh, she was worried alright but my call calmed her down.  I told them that I’m in the Park family’s residence, number 260 just a block away from home.

After the call, I bowed at Chanyeol and thanked him. “I’ll wait for my parents outside. Thank you, really. Sorry for disturbing you tonight,” I said to him. Just as I was heading out, he abruptly pulls my hurt arm and I screamed.

“Sorry, sorry. I was just checking if your arm is injured or what. Sorry again,” he reasoned, “I suggest you go to the hospital”. One of the things I really hate is going to the hospital. What a great suggestion but he was just caring.

When my parents came, he talked to them and told them I needed to go to the hospital for my injury. We left and went to the hospital. On the way, I thought, didn’t I wish to meet a handsome guy? Is it me or did the wish just came true? Reality just slapped me. The only reality was that I met Park Chanyeol.

The next day, it was my first day in school at that place. I got surprised when I saw Chanyeol outside our house. I acted like I didn’t see him and walked straight. He then followed me and he was a fast walker. In no time, he was able to overtake me and stopped me. He took my bag that was basically hanging on one of my shoulder since I got injured. “I’ll bring this for you,” he happens to be my schoolmate also.

To make it short, I went to school with him carrying my bag and even accompanied me to my room. Even when the class was done, he waited to take my bag and went home together.

He did it every day making it a habit. My parents even allowed it and saw him as my bodyguard. Walking and talking with him almost every day made us comfortable with each other. We soon became close friends and did what friends do for each other. Our families also became close.

One Saturday morning, Chanyeol and I were walking home from a store. I somewhat got disturbed of Chanyeol taking a different direction. I just followed him, besides, he knew that place more than I do. As we got farther, I saw a playground. Then Chanyeol ran and in my shock, I stopped. He went to the playground and when got there, he pulled a large cloth. Underneath the cloth was a banner saying, “I love you, Heeyoung!” I blushed and walked towards the playground.

He came near me and said, “It’s 11:10, almost time to make a wish”.

“You believe that?” I asked him in total amazement.

“Yes and to be honest, that’s what brought me near you. That day when I met you, my girlfriend broke-up with me for another guy. Along the way home I told myself, ‘I wish I meet a girl better than her’. In my surprise, I said that exactly at 11:11 PM,” he explained.

“So you’re telling me, you wish-“ then he covered my lips.

“You’re the one I wished for,” he continued and kissed my forehead. My face became super red.

“Chanyeol, is it coincidence?” I said. “That day, I wished that I’d meet someone handsome in this village,” I giggled a little, “It was a little jok. But after what happened that day, I realized, my wish came true.”

“I think it is not coincidence. I think it is destiny,”

Chanyeol bended on his knees and took out a box with couple rings.

“Miss Kim Heeyoung, will you be my girlfriend? I wish you say yes,” when he said that, I looked at my watched and it was 11:11 AM.

“Chanyeol,” I paused and said, “Let me be your genie righ now. Yes, Park Chanyeol, be my boyfriend,”

He took one of the ring out and placed it on my finger and he wore the other. I  made him get up and his head was bowed down while smiling. He held my hand tight and whispered, “Let’s go back, home”.

 

END