Happy Birthday Yifan

Happy Birthday Yifan

"We should do something for Yifan, his birthday is tomorrow and we haven't gotten him anything." Chanyeol states as he, Luhan, Junmyeon and Minseok walk out of a small coffee shop where they met up with Beakhyun and Jongdae.

"I don't know what to get that big grump, he always says he doesn't want anything." Junmyeon complains, whenever they ask their blond friend what he wants for his birthday he always says nothing.

Luhan smirks, nudging Minseok with his shoulder, "Isn't he tired from work all the time? We could get him something to liften his spirits and make him less lonely." They look at him with question, not sure what he means but all agreeing because Yfan has been over worked and worn out, coming home to his apartment empty.

"I know what we should get him."

-Yifan-

I sigh as I open the door to my apartment, work was awful because I had to sit through a small party for me set up by my boss and co-workers, then I was dragged to a bar by Tao. I still don't understand what Luhan had said when I got up to leave 'Enjoy your present', he hadn't given me anything to enjoy besides a headache, which I'd he happy without.

I go straight to my kitchen for some water, not noticing the figure on the couch or the leash on the kitchen counter as I pass to the fridge. I just want a relaxing shower and some sleep, tomorrow I have the day off so to get caught up on my sleep I plan to start immediately.

When I turn though, I jump in shock of the boy standing in the doorway of the kitchen, in a oversized hoodie that looks like mine that goes down to his mid thigh and covers his hands but also shows his very defined collar bones. His skin is milky and seems soft, his hair is short and black; contrasting with his white cat ears and his matching tail that sways behind him, his bangs adorably on his forehead and his eyes seem dazed and Innocent as he stares at me sweetly, his lips are plush and pink, his bottom lip bigger than his top.

He has a sign around his neck that rest on his chest, below a black collar that has a small tag on it. The writing on the white sign is undoubtedly Luhans, 'Happy birthday! Enjoy your present!', it's signed with his name and the rest of my friends that probably only wanted to see the hybrid in front of me.

I watch as the boy blinks cutely at me as I continue to stare in shock at him, neither of us saying anything, I'm too shocked to even try and I'm sure if hybrids even know how to speak. I swallow the small lump in my throat, unsure how to handle the thought of my friends actually getting a hybrid for me, "Hello..."

The hybrid blinks again and smiles, revealing a deep dimple that makes my knees weak, I've always been weak to cute things and his boy is the definition of cute.

"Hi Master~" his voice is soft and sounds as if he's sleepy, but it's also chirpy and filled with happiness that is actually very adorable mix.

The name for me catches me off guard, no ones ever called me that before but he says it's so casually as if it's normal and it sounds oddly pleasing to me, I suppose it's the idea of someone needing me so much to call me that, I haven't had someone to care for, for a years now because I've been too caught up in work. Also, he seems so genuinely happy to be saying it that I can't bring myself to tell him to call me by my name.

"Welcome home~" he suddenly welcomes as he bounces happily to me, I'm surprised when he wraps his arms around my waist in a hug with his head on my shoulder.

It takes me a second or two to realize that I'm allowing a stranger hug me, and although he's very cute and his touch his soft, I can't just allow someone to touch me without permission. I don't know him, his name or where he came from, all I know is that Luhan was dumb enough to get a hybrid from god knows where without my permission, for an unknown reason.

That being said, I wasn't ready for the small pout on the boys lips when I push him off me gently by his shoulders, the sudden sadness and slight fear in his eyes breaking my heart.

"I was told to hug you, please don't be upset, I was just doing what I was told. I'm sorry." He backs away from me as if I'll hurt him, staring at the floor like it'll suddenly open up and eat him, his ears going back on his head.

I figure Luhan had told him that, probably hoping the touch of a adorable yet attractive man would make me enough to him immediately, forgetting I have enough self control to not do what he did with Minseok. But the look on the boys face is enough for me want to slap myself for some reason, hating that he thinks I'll hurt him and that he made me upset for simply hugging me.

"It's okay, I was just surprised. I'm not upset at you." I try to keep my voice as soft as possible, watching as the boy glances at me to see my very faint but noticeable smile, as soon as he sees it he smiles at me again and showing his cute dimple.

"What's your name" He blinks at me, his head tilting and one ear going sideways as the other stands straight, seemingly thinking which is werid for me; he has to think of his own name?

"Oh! Yixing! My name's Yixing, that's what the store person called me." he jumps as he remembers, a proud smile on his lips as his eyes light up. I smile at him even though I have questions, wanting him to know I'm happy he remembered even if he should know his name already and I'm slightly concerned that he said he store.

"Store?" It comes out without me thinking and I mentality slap myself but he nods and smiles at me as if he doesn't mind the question.

"Yes. The cage was small and hard to sleep in, especially with the others making noise all the time and the owner was sorta mean but the worker was really nice and sometimes he let me in with the others who cried alot and let me comfort them even if it usually ended with me crying with them." he explains, his smile faltering as he stares at me with dazed eyes that seem to look into another world, I feel myself pity him, knowing that it must've been terrible in there.

"Then this group came in, they looked through us but one of them said I was good, the worker told them my name and let me out. I remember being hugged by two really tall boys as someone else paid for me, I think they said I was crying but I don't remember it." He continues, blinking as he smiles cutely, "The owner said I was probably going to be used by a group of boy like that, I didn't understand what he meant by that but I don't think you'll hurt me."

I know Chanyeol hugged him for sure, maybe Tao or Sehun too, Luhan must've been the one to actually pay since he's the one who wrote the sign and said something but the thought of him crying and being locked up in a cage bothers me. He's too cute to be locked up or to have his eyes red from crying, he deserves to be happy. The fact that he trust me already is sweet and rather Innocent of him in it's own way, but I'd like to meet the owner of the shop he was at to punch him, he shouldn't have told Yixing that or have been mean to him.

"Those were my friends, they wouldn't hurt you and I won't either, I promise. I'm Yifan, although you can call me whatever you like. Would you like to go sit down? You seem sleepy." I gesture to the living room where I assume he was sitting due to the thin blanket I recognize from Chanyeols room is laying on the couch, the kitten quickly nods like a child, a small yawn escaping making him cover his mouth with a sleeve covered hand, looking too adorable.

I assume the mention of sleep incouraged the yawn, he probably hasn't had good sleep in a while and a couch is basically a bed to him seeing as I doubt he knows bed exists. I walk to him, taking the sign of him and allow him to happily take my wrist to lead me to the couch, he doesn't hold me roughly just a gentle touch that is smoothing to me, his skin soft and smooth.

I let him softly push me on the couch and watch as he grabs the blanket, only to sit next to me and cuddle into into my side with his knees to his chest and drape the blanket over us as I lift my feet on to the coffee table. I let him do this knowing he probably never had someone to cuddle with who would actually comfort him and protect him if needed, not someone who's crying and would eventually have to leave him alone.

I reckon he's mine now since Luhan gifted him to me, I'm not taking him back to the store that's for sure and I can't take him back to one of the guys, he's rather adorable and I can find myself getting use to coming home to someone and caring for him.

I drape my arm over him, looking down at him as he snuggles into my chest, a soft purring noise sounding from him as he feels me softly pet his arm and I feel his tail wrap around my arm allowing me to feel the soft fur on it.

"Master~ your friends said you work alot, can you tell me about your work? Please?" Yixing sounds Innocent as he looks up at me with sweet dazed eyes and a dimpled smile on his lips. How about I supposed to ignore that expression and say no to him?

So I do, I tell him about how I type into a computer, how I spend most of my time in a small cubicle, how I go to meetings and how I have to avoid a girl who flirts with me way too often even if I've told her I'm Gay; I had to explain what being gay meant to him only have him say he must be gay too. I tell him the trouble for taking the Subway because my car is in the shop, how I hate taking the bus back home then having to walk back in the dark when I'm done working overtime, how I despise my boss who makes me work overtime; I tell him everything that involves my job while I go between petting his hair or ears to his arm and his small hands that are in my lap playing with the fabric of my shirt.

He listens silently, besides his purring, nodding every now and then to show he is, he'll snuggle into me when he feels further away then he was originally. By the time I get done, Yixing is peacefully asleep on me, purring quitely into my neck as his arms hug my waist with a small smile on his lips and the only thing I can think of is that I can definitely get used to to coming home to this adorable kitten boy.

I carefully shift in a lay position Yixing laying on my chest while , my arms go around his waist protectively, he only cuddles into my neck again mumbling a muffled "Master~" in a cute whine.

 

I can't help the urge to kiss his head so I do exactly that, feeling his soft hair on my lips and his fur of his ears on my skin, "Goodnight, Kitten." He immediately holds onto me tighter, his tail wrapping around my leg as he cuddles into my neck and I can feel his lips twitch into a another smile.

I can definitely get used to this.