1/1

Vague

 

Seongwu huffed as his insides churned unpleasantly. “Niel…”

 

“Hyung, are you alright? The moment I put it in, you started getting restless. Does it hurt a lot? I think you should-” Daniel looked sincerely worried but a single silencing glare from Seongwu was enough to shut the younger up.

 

“Don’t worry about me when I’m the one who should be worried about you since this is your first time…” 

 


Daniel swiped the sweat away from the elder’s forehead. “I know this is my first time doing something like… this but I’ve seen videos on the internet, hyung. Have some faith in me. I know what I’m doing. I’ve even read the do’s and don’ts from the internet.”

 

The elder groaned and nodded, not bothering to reason with Daniel, especially when the kid was too eager and excited. “If it doesn’t turn out good, I’m gonna kill you.”

 

Daniel smirked. “Well, I believe I had been doing a good job so far since you hadn’t asked me to stop.”

 


Seongwu rolled his eyes and squeezed his eyes shut at another queasy feeling in his gut. Daniel was unsure of what to do since Seongwu insisted that he wasn’t in pain but the terrible expression on the elder’s face was enough proof that he’s feeling uncomfortable.


“You’re good with your hands though,” the elder comments offhandedly. “Quick and efficient.” 

 

There’s this ecstatic glint in Daniel’s eyes as he grinned from ear to ear. “Really? I’m that good? To get a compliment from the great Ong Seongwu himself… what a day!”


As the younger chuckled, Seongwu couldn’t stop feeling the joy that began to spread inside his heart like flowers blooming in spring and although he himself thinks that it’s sappy and too sentimental, Seongwu wouldn’t trade that feeling for the world. Daniel leaned in to kiss his forehead in a rush of excitement and fondness, down the bridge of his nose, peppering kisses to his cheek and leaning down to his lips. At first Seongwu wanted to back away since he’s sick and wouldn’t want Daniel to get infected but his body wouldn’t listen so he reciprocated the kiss. 

 

 

Then Seongwu felt something prickling in his stomach. Talking about a super good timing. 


“Uhm, Niel I think you can take it out now.” Seongwu silently said, voice slightly above whisper.

 

“But it hasn’t even been that long since-“

 

“I can’t wait forever, Niel.”

 

“But-”

 


“Just listen to me! I have done this far more than you ever had so just take it out for goodness sake!” Seongwu raised his voice, in anger or annoyance Daniel couldn’t differentiate but he did as he’s told.

 

 

There’s a weird kind of silence decorating the room, with Seongwu looking extra pale by the minute and Daniel looking pretty lost and confused at the sudden turn of event.

 


“Guys, I was actually pretending to sleep on the couch,” Jaehwan suddenly interrupted as he stretched his arms. “And it’s easy to imagine you guys having when my eyes are closed. Like, imagine you guys were doing it for the first time after getting together and Seongwu hyung clearly has more experience and . This is more entertaining than VR games and combined.”

 

Seongwu pants slightly, feeling the fever coming back to him. “Well it’ll be better if you just shut up and go back to sleep before I slit your throat with Daniel’s pen and you’ll never live long enough to see the sun.”

 

“Hyung, to be honest, you’re pretty scary when you’re sick. I mean, you’re scary most of the time but you get really mean and sadistic when you’re not well. Why aren’t you in bed anyway?” Jaehwan said as he sluggishly walked to the kitchen where Seongwu and Daniel are.

 


“My baby wants to bake for me since I’m sick and really unwell as you can see. And even though I have begged him not to put our lives in danger, he still wouldn’t listen so I should at least keep an eye on him so that he won’t set our kitchen on fire.” Seongwu replied with a sarcastic smile. “Again.”

 


The aroma of freshly baked cupcakes wafted in the air, along with the shrill squeal of Daniel’s high pitched voice.
“They look so plump and round and so cute! Oh my gosh the shape even turned out right, I’m officially changing my career to a professional baker.” 

 


“If you had waited another five minutes and followed the cooking instructions, you’ll get a batch of soggy cupcakes in return. Next time, please rely more on your certified chef boyfriend and take the doughs out from the oven when I told you to.” Seongwu scolded from the dining table while nursing a terrible headache.

 

Daniel skipped his way to the table enthusiastically, mitten-covered hands carrying a tray of his own handmade chocolate cheese cupcakes. He looks proud, really overly proud, at his work as he placed the tray on the table.

To be frank, Seongwu thought that his boyfriend, someone who had never made anything else than toast and instant noodles in his entire life, would mess up and cause another unnecessary trouble in the kitchen, burnt the dough and made a major chaos or something similar to that since this is his first time baking without any help other than verbal instructions from Seongwu but he actually is surprised to see how the results had turned out. The color was perfect, he even tried poking the cake and the texture wasn’t bad at all. The shape might seem a bit weird but that’s the only flaw there is and that is a huge accomplishment for Daniel since Seongwu considers himself to be very strict in this kind of thing especially since he’s a chef and all.

 


Jaehwan takes a bite first. He didn’t vomit it out. That’s a good sign overall.

 


Now after taking a bite too, Seongwu actually thinks it’s delicious for a first-timer. The urge to mess with the younger was huge, he even thought of pretending to puke out the food but Daniel was staring at him with those pretty brown eyes, looking hopeful and excited in the elder’s blue pororo apron that it made Seongwu’s heart melt and he didn’t have the heart to see his big baby being dejected. 

“It’s good. I’m utterly surprised.” The elder said in a dazed state. “You’ve outdid yourself, baby.”

 


At the rare compliment, Daniel attacked his lover with a tight embrace and although Seongwu is often a tsundere, this time he just returned the hug and feel instantly much better (even when his thermometer and doctor stated otherwise). Jaehwan could only sigh dejectedly, munching angrily on his share of the oddly delicious cupcakes, for being a thirdwheel for his friends yet again. Maybe he should have come with Minhyun so that at least he wouldn’t feel so lonely.