Final.

Panicked Love

Jaehyun hummed to the cafe's calming music while brewing the customer's coffee.The way he seems to always be in a good mood at work must've meant he liked doing what he's doing.And it's true.He loved the smell of freshly brewed coffee and sweet pastries mixed in the air.It makes him feel relaxed and content with life.Plus, his monthly salary is enough for him to get through the month so it's all good.

The bell from the door rang, interrupting Jaehyun's thoughts.He smoothed out his uniform before turning around to face the customer with a smile.

"Welcome to Angel Cafe! How may I..."

He stopped talking when he saw a cute guy in front of him. The guy had fluffy looking hair,soft brown eyes and even softer facial expression.Jaehyun's breath hitched. 'Oh wow',he thought.Fortunately,the cute guy didn't notice Jaehyun's behaviour as he was busy looking at the menu.

"What's today's special?",even his voice sounded so soft Jaehyun had a hard time not to melt in front of the customer. "Uh-uhmm...It's our caramel machiato".Curse his brain for being short-circuited.He couldn't control himself stuttering and it's frustrating. The guy seemed to noticed something from Jaehyun and smiled.'Oh my god that's the prettiest smile I've ever seen. Wait...Jaehyun what are you thinking?Snap out of it!'

"I'll have a caramel machiato then",he said leaning more towards the counter that was separating the two.Jaehyun nods meekly before getting a cup and a marker, "Name?"

"It's Jungwoo.Thanks,Jaehyun"

Jaehyun almost dropped the cup and marker after hearing his name from the guy's pretty lips, "How did you know...?"

Jungwoo giggled cutely, "Your nametag,silly"

Oh.

Well that was pretty stupid of Jaehyun.He quickly wrote Jungwoo's name on the cup before getting to work.He tried to block the other from his mind and instead tried to focus on the cafe's music and his job at hand but failing miserably when Jungwoo sat down at the table right next to the counter where he could get a clear view of Jaehyun.The latter could see from the corner of his eyes that Jungwoo was staring at him with a soft smile,his chin propped on the heels of his palm.Jaehyun could feel his heart fluttering as he started to lose focus on making the drink. 'Oh my god, he's looking at me.Stay calm,Jaehyun!'

"So how long have you been working here?",the soft voice startled him a bit.He looked at Jungwoo before answering, "2 years"

"And how's that working out for you?"

"It's great, actually.I was actually planning to open my own cafe one day but I still don't know if I'm good enough for that",he has no idea why he decided to tell that to him but his brain couldn't think of anything else to say so might as well.

"I think you'll be great,Jaehyun"

"Oh-Uhm I..well...thanks",he mentally facepalmed himself.What is wrong with that answer?

The other giggled softly, "You're cute"

"You're cuter",he mumbled quietly to himself but unfortunately Jungwoo heard that and looked down at his shoes in a shy demeanor while supporting a faint blush, "Thank you".

Jaehyun tried ignored how adorable the guy looked and turned back to his task.

 

 

When he was done,he sent the caramel machiato to Jungwoo's table and scurried back behind the counter.Just his luck when he was pulled by his co-worker Yuta who gave him a plate of a sliced cheesecake and told him to go back out there to serve it to a customer.

Being the nice co-worker that he is,he took the plate and headed to the supposed table.But only after a few steps away from the counter he accidentally trips on his own feet and fell, the cake landed directly at Jungwoo's shirt.Jaehyun paled, "Oh my god! I'm so sorry.Let me take care of that".He took some tissues and started wiping at the stains on Jungwoo's shirt.

"You don't have to.It's okay", Jungwoo tried to assure him but Jaehyun was already panicking, "No,no.It's my fault.I'll fix this"

The stains didn't seem like they were disappearing so Jaehyun wiped it furiously with one hand subconsciously holding the guy's shoulder.Jaehyun didn't notice their close proximity until Jungwoo looked at him in the eyes that Jaehyun found himself staring at the other's soft brown orbs that seemed to wipe out his thoughts and awareness.He didn't even realize he was still wiping at Jungwoo's shirt with a slower pace until someone cleared his throat near them.It was Yuta.

"Jaehyun,if you're gonna keep staring at your boyfriend I suggest doing that after work?"

Jaehyun instantly let go of Jungwoo after processing Yuta's words, "What? He's not my boyfriend".Yuta rolled his eyes as he started to clean the mess Jaehyun made.

Jungwoo turned to Jaehyun,"When does your shift ends?"

"In 30 minutes"

"Wanna go catch a movie with me after this?"

"Are...are you asking me out?",his heart started beating rapidly.

"What do you think?",he winked cutely and held Jaehyun's hand with his own.

"I would love to",he felt his ears burning up at the same time his heart feels like it would burst out his chest.

"Your ears are turning red.That's so cute!",Jungwoo cooed.Yup,Jungwoo can turn him into a panicked gay all day.