Go away, I'm on a date

Not so Blind Date

A/N: Hey everyone, here’s a little fun Joyri fic I wrote where Yeri is set up on a blind date, and her ex girlfriend Sooyoung is there to interrupt, because of course she doesn’t want anyone to date Yerim, except if she’s dating her. Enjoy


 

Kim Yerim is just about the last person who would be caught dead on a blind date. The young woman isn’t necessarily a fan of being set up with someone she has never met before. However, today that is exactly what she’s doing. One of her close friends and coworkers set her up with someone they believe Yerim will really end up liking. She has many doubts about that happening, and she did try her best to get out of the date. Yerim was guilt tripped at the last minute, and ended up agreeing to the date.

 

“This is what I get for having some sort of conscience.” The blonde sighs and looks through her phone. It’s nearly 7pm now, and her date should be getting here soon, or at least Yerim hopes so. If they don’t show up soon, Yerim knows she will get out of here and pretend that she did indeed meet the person her coworker set her up with. There is another reason that is stopping her from leaving now. She is here to not just get her coworker off of her back. Yerim is also hoping that she will get over her ex-girlfriend Sooyoung. The two of them were in a pretty serious relationship that ended rather amicably, if the blonde would say so herself. The two of them were both reasonable, rational adults that knew the breakup was necessary. Well, if this was the case then why is Sooyoung always blowing up her phone. More than that, why does Yeri keep on answering just about every single one of those calls. It’s simple, because she isn’t as over her ex girlfriend as she would like to believe.

 

“Either way I’m getting over this girl today!” The blonde promises. It’s after 7 30 now, and she really isn’t thinking too highly of this date. Where the hell are they even? Yerim knows she has looked over the menu several times, and is sure she just about has it memorized.

 

“If they don’t hurry up, I’m ordering something.”

 

At the very least she’s going to order herself a drink, and so she does. The blonde orders herself a lemonade, because she doesn’t want to possibly be drunk before her date gets here. The waiter puts the glass of lemonade down and she thanks them. Yerim goes back to looking through her phone and just happens to see some old photos of herself and Sooyoung. How can she get over this woman if she’s even still in her phone? Yerim puts her phone down and then looks up when she hears the moving of a seat.

 

“Well, finally!” She thinks and her eyes go wide when she sees who it is.

 

“No, not you!” The blonde cries out. This is not what she needs right now.

 

“Hi, baby!” Sooyoung smiles and sits down. It would be no other way, but this. Yerim is shaking her head in disbelief anyway. There’s just no way her coworker would truly set her up with her ex girlfriend, right?

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I saw you sitting here all alone, so I thought I would keep you company.” The taller, dark-haired woman lets her know and sits down. Yerim is just rubbing her temples. Of all the times that Sooyoung could show up. She has to show up now while she’s waiting for someone else.

 

“Soo, can you please go?”


“Why, and leave you all alone here?” Sooyoung motions for the waiter and orders herself a beer. Yerim hopes that her date won’t come here, see this, and get the completely wrong idea.

 

“Soo, I’m waiting for someone.”

 

“Well, they’re not here yet, right?” The taller woman smiles charmingly, and it’s the same sort of smile that makes Yerim so weak, but she must remain strong and not fall for it.

 

“Seriously, can you go? I don’t want them to see you here and get the wrong idea?”

 

“I’ll leave after I check this person out. I have to make sure they’re okay. I can’t just trust you to any random person.”

 

Yerim looks at her. Sooyoung sounds just like any protective girlfriend. The blonde tries not to let it be to her, but she does know that the dark-haired woman still cares about her.

 

“Soo, I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself.”

 

Sooyoung nods. She does know that Yerim can take care of herself. It’s part of the reason why she does love the blonde so much. She’s independent and can handle herself, but that doesn’t mean Sooyoung can’t still worry about her.

 

“I know, but I still…”

 

“Kim Yerim?” Someone interrupts and both women look to see it’s a man. He’s an attractive man with dark brown hair and bright eyes, but at the same time Yerim could have sworn her coworker knew that she was into women. Sooyoung on the other hand isn’t impressed. She’s not about to hand the woman she loves over to some guy.

 

“Yes, I’m Kim Yerim.”

 

“Hi, I’m your date. I’m so sorry I’m late, but traffic was terrible.”

 

Sooyoung stands and looks at him with eyes that could no doubt kill.

 

“You shouldn’t keep her waiting.”

 

“Who are you?” The date wonders. Yerim decides to intervene before things get out of control for no reason.

 

“She’s my friend, and she was keeping me company. I’ll talk to you later, Soo.”

 

The way she calls her a friend hurts the taller woman, as if she could just be a friend to her only. Sooyoung walls off, but she has no intentions on leaving. The dark-haired woman goes over to the bar area and observes. Sooyoung is going to get her girlfriend back if it’s the last thing she does.

 

“Yerimie doesn’t even like men!” Sooyoung frowns. She feels sick to her stomach when she sees the handsome guy smiling at her Yerim. She turns around and orders herself a drink.

 

“Again, I’m sorry that I’m late.”

 

“It’s okay, I wasn’t waiting long.” Yeri says politely, although in reality she was indeed waiting long. Sooyoung rolls her eyes from the bar, and wonders how long will it take Yerim to kick this loser to the curve. She just wants to take her girlfriend home with her, where she belongs. Sooyoung doesn’t understand why the hell Yerim said they needed to break up in the first place, but she sure did pretend she understood.

 

(Flashback)

 

The dark-haired woman sat with the most blank expression she could muster, which hadn’t been easy. Yerim was saying something to her about ending their relationship, and it made no sense. Sooyoung didn’t even know where this was coming from. Yerim has finished talking and is looking at her with concerned eyes.

 

“Soo?”

 

“Can I ask why you want to break up?”

 

“Oh, well I just think it’s for the best. It’s not that I don’t love you.”

 

“Is it someone else?”

 

Sooyoung just wants to know if Yerim has found herself wanting another person, or someone that’s not her. It doesn’t make sense to the dark-haired woman because Yerim is the only one for her.

 

“No, there’s no one else.” The blonde promises. She couldn’t want anyone else. Yerim just thinks perhaps it wouldn’t be a bad thing to have a bit of a break.

 

“Why do you want to break up with me, if not for someone else?”

 

Yerim takes one of the taller woman’s hands. She has to get Sooyoung to understand that it’s not because of anyone else.

 

“I promise it’s not anyone else.”

 

“Okay, if you think this is best.”

 

(End)


 

Sooyoung handled it well, or at least she pretended to. The truth was a bit more complicated than that. Sooyoung turns around when she hears laughing. Yerim is laughing at something the date said.

 

“It’s not even her real laugh!”

 

Sooyoung turns away again and sips her drink. She’s honestly pissed that her girlfriend even agreed to go out with someone else.

 

“How is it that you’re single?” The date can he heard asking. Sooyoung nearly chokes over her drink then.

 

“She’s not single!” Her mind rages.

 

“I just got out of a serious relationship.” Yerim tells her date.

 

“Oh, well who could ever let go of you?” He flirts.

 

“I didn’t want to let her go!” Sooyoung frowns again. She would have never agreed to breaking up if Yerim didn’t insist.

 

“Let’s not talk about my relationship. Why don’t you tell me about you?”

 

“Oh my god, is this for real?” The dark-haired woman groans, and proceeds to order herself another drink. This could take a lot longer than she expected. Sooyoung does her best to ignore them. Yerim is engaging this guy more than she first expected her to. Several times Sooyoung almost ran off to break them apart, but she regained her composure every time. Sooyoung knows that Yerim can’t be having a very good time.

 

Yerim is not having a good time. She is honestly bored out of her mind. Her date for the most part is talking about himself, and occasionally he’ll ask about her. The only thing the blonde can do is think about the last date she was on, and how much fun she had with Sooyoung. Yerim always has the best time with Sooyoung. They would always find something to laugh at, whether it was other people, silly shows, and most certainly one another. Yerim finds herself thinking about fun times with Sooyoung and zoning out completely on this date. She comes back to reality when she feels him touch her hand.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

“He’s touching my hand!”

 

“He’s touching her hand!” Sooyoung is also busy about to lose her mind. No one should be touching her girlfriend, absolutely no one. She’s going to go over there and put a stop to the nonsense. Thankfully Yerim gently pulls her hand away.

 

“Sorry, too soon?” He asks.

 

“Yes, just a little too soon.”

 

“I understand. Anyway, listen I would really love to see you again. What time would be good for you?”

 

Sooyoung has had enough. She storms over there and not so kindly elbows him in the back.

 

“Hey.” He turns around.

 

“Look here, I’ve had just about enough of this. You need to get the hell away from my girlfriend right now!” Sooyoung lets him know, and Yerim is busy facepalming. She should have known that the dark-haired woman would do this.

 

“Your girlfriend?”

 

“You heard me. Now get up or I’ll move you.”

 

“Yerim?” He turns to the blonde with wide eyes. She apologizes to him and says she needs to talk to Sooyoung alone.

 

“Is that a no on another date?”

 

“Yes, I’m sorry. I won’t be able to go out with you again.”

 

“You heard her buddy! Now get going.” The dark-haired woman can’t wait until he leaves before sitting down again with Yerim. The blonde looks over to her ex-girlfriend with a frown on her face. Sooyoung isn’t too worried however, because she can always put a smile back on her girl’s face.

 

“Finally he left, am I right?”

 

“Soo?” Yerim sighs and shakes her head. She isn’t surprised that Sooyoung would stay and watch her date. She isn’t even surprised that Sooyoung came rushing over here like a madwoman.

 

“What, you didn’t think I would really do nothing while you’re hanging out with some guy you’re not even attracted to?”

 

“I didn’t need you to come over here like a psycho. Why didn’t you just let me handle it?”

 

“I…” The taller woman pauses. She doesn’t get why Yerim sounds upset with her. She just does what she always does in these situations. She protects and looks out for the woman she loves. Sooyoung would do just about anything for Yerim, and doesn’t get what the problem is.

 

“You always do like this. It’s like you don’t trust me to take care of myself at all.”

 

When Yerim tells her this it’s here that Sooyoung does understand. Perhaps this is the reason why she really ended their relationship. Maybe, Yerim felt that because Sooyoung is so overprotective that she didn’t think she could do anything for herself, or worse that she couldn’t handle things without her. Sooyoung doesn’t think that about her at all. She knows how very strong her girlfriend is.

 

“Hey, is this why you broke up with me?”

 

Yerim reluctantly nods. It’s part of why she did break up with Sooyoung. She does appreciate how loving and protective Sooyoung is. She loves hard and protects those she cares about with all of her. Yerim was just sometimes left feeling like maybe she was a bit too overprotective.

 

“You’re protective because you care, Soo. I’ve always known that about you. It’s just that you made me feel like I couldn’t handle things.”

 

The taller woman gentle takes her hands in her own. “I’m sorry, Yerimie. I never meant to make you feel like you can’t handle things. Listen, you’re one of the strongest women I know, and you know that I love you so much.”

 

Yerim knows Sooyoung loves her. She loves Sooyoung very much too, and them being in love has never been in question. It’s hard being away from Sooyoung, and not missing her like crazy has been impossible.

 

“I love you too, Soo. You should know that my being in love with you has never been the issue.”

 

The dark-haired woman smiles and kisses her hand. “You miss me, huh?”

 

“Soo, stop it, don’t go getting all smug.”

 

“I don’t have to be smug because my girlfriend loves me, and she misses me.” Sooyoung proceeds to give her many kisses to her hands. She places so many kisses that Yerim yanks her hand away, but Sooyoung grabs it right back.

 

“We did break up!”

 

“I don’t care. You’re still my girlfriend, and I want to make things work with you. You just need to want to work things out with me too, Yerim. I don’t want to be with anyone else. This time apart from you was driving me crazy, baby.” She gently caresses the blonde’s knuckles. Yerim has missed those touches of her girlfriend, and more than that she has missed Sooyoung.

 

“I don’t want to be apart either, Soo. I’ve missed you.”

 

“Alright, so how about this? I’ll work on being less protective over you, and we work on our communication together?”

 

Yerim nods in agreement. She really doesn’t want to stay apart because she knows Sooyoung is the one for her. They agree to trying to make their relationship work, and they leave together. Sooyoung right away reaches for her hand. Yerim has missed holding hands with her, as they’ve always been a perfect fit with one another.

 

“I was worried you would beat that guy up?”

 

Sooyoung laughs. “Oh, hell yeah. I would beat anyone up for you.”

 

“Soo?” The shorter woman gently reminds her that she’s slipping into overprotectiveness. The dark-haired woman laughs again and apologizes, but in reality she would have fought for Yerim if she had to. There’s just no way she would have lost the woman she loves to anyone.

 

“I’m sorry. I’ll do better.”

 

“We’ll do better, okay?” Yerim tells her as she squeezes her hand. Sooyoung nods with a smile, and they continue back to Yerim’s apartment. The blonde knows she will tell her coworker in the morning that the date didn’t go too well, but that’s because she’s back with her girlfriend, and that’s where she’s going to stay. It’s the place she’s always belonged, right by Sooyoung’s side.

 

A/n: Hey everyone, well I hope this was okay. I’ve been missing Joyri as always, and always hoping for some interactions with them, but even if I don’t get them. There are always fics to be written at the very least.