One

Late Night Comfort

Jiu was sitting in the van, sulking as she replayed the events that had happened at Fact in Star. She didn’t allow her emotions to get the better of her in the public eye, so she immediately stormed off to the van to cool her head which wasn’t doing her any good as she still couldn’t get the scene out of her mind.

“Calm down, Jiu. You’re just making everything worse than it already is.” She told herself as she rubbed her temples hoping that the scene would slowly go away. As she was doing that she was beginning to feel sleepy and started dozing off in the van.

When she woke up, she was leaning against someone who was very comfortable, so she snuggled into that person some more as she began dozing off once again. What she didn’t know was that the person who she had her head resting on was Sua. Sua was the first one who came into the van because she was worried for Jiu who wasn’t quite like herself when they left Fact in Star studio. When she entered the van, she saw Jiu sleeping uncomfortably in the back seat. Sua frowning at the fact that Jiu wasn’t taking care of herself walked into the van and sat beside her. She moved the leader so she wouldn’t feel sore when she woke up. So Sua being a good friend, moved Jiu’s head to rest against her shoulder. The other girls came in as the chatted away but Sua made them all quiet down since she didn’t want to disturb the distressed girl’s sleep.

The other members were quietly chatting away when they noticed that Sua was watching Jiu with a concerned look on her face. They also witnessed Jiu scooting closer to Sua and all squealed in their heads as they weren’t used to the closeness that Jiu and Sua were presently showing them. They were used to seeing the two eldest girls usually off with the other member’s doing who knows what. That left them barely any room for interaction and if there was, it was usually in a bickering mess.

The car ride home was filled with whispers while Sua was becoming tired as she too fell asleep. Her head fell down and rested on top of Jiu’s as the rest of the members started pulling out their phones to take pictures of the lovely moment and use it to threaten them later.

Once they were home, all the members thought it was best to wake the girls up by slamming the van door shut. Jiu jumped up from the sudden sound and hit her head against Sua’s jaw as Sua bit her tongue making her wake up as well. They both groaned in pain as they were both trying to recover from the sudden shock of waking up in an abrupt manner.

Jiu was the first one to notice that she wasn't alone as she looked up to see Sua with her hand clasped around as her eyes had a faint wetness where the tears were forming. Jiu only watched as the girl in front of her was hurting a little bit with wide eyes and a relaxed jaw. Sua noticed Jiu's expression and retorted in her usual way.

“I know I'm beautiful but, honey, you are going to catch flies if you leave you mouth hanging like that,” Sua said as she still felt the sharp pain subsiding on her tongue. Jiu closed as she looked away in embarrassment for her reaction towards Sua. She felt her blood flowing towards her cheeks and thank the gods for it being nighttime because she didn't want to embarrass herself any more than she should have. “Come on, it seems that we were left behind by the other members,” Sua observed as she got up from her position and started walking out the van while holding Jiu's hand.

Jiu couldn't help but smile at the caring nature of Sua's as they proceeded to walk into their dorms. This is part of the reason why I'm crushing on you. Jiu thought as she looked at the small back of Sua's as they entered the room. The other members were all laid out on the living room couch and floor groaning until Siyeon noticed Sua. She jumped up and lazily walked to Sua. When she reached her, she threws herself on her making Sua and Jiu stumble at the sudden additional weight.

“Sua~” Siyeon whined right into Sua's ear that was closest to Jiu. Jiu tightened her grip on Sua's hand as she was feeling jealous that Sua welcomed Siyeon's embrace without any second thought. Stop it, Jiu. Sua isn't yours so she's free to do anything like kiss Siyeon or being in close vicinity of her.

Jiu shook her head and let go of Sua's hand and proceeded to her room. She missed Sua's small warm hand and wanted to hold it once again. When she went into the room she didn't notice the small frown that Sua made as she tried to pay attention to Siyeon as she complained that she wanted to eat. Sua quickly recovered from her sudden loss of warmth that was taken away from her too soon and just smiled as she started preparing food for the rest of the members.

Handong noticed the little reactions that both eldest unnies exhibited and just smiled to herself. Unnies are being too difficult with each other. I guess I could help them out. Handong laughed to herself as Dami eyed Handong suspiciously but she was too tired and hungry to question it. Yoohyeon was already tired so she was sleeping on the couch as Gahyeon thought it would be a great idea to draw on her face as payback for stealing her spotlight in one of the episodes of Dreamcatcher’s notes.

Siyeon was still hugging Sua as she was too tired to move from her spot. Sua telling Siyeon to sit down because she was getting in the way of her cooking and she also didn't want to get anyone to get hurt by her hands.

“Come on, Singnie, please get off me. You might get hurt or maybe I’ll get hurt.” Sua complained once more as she only took out the food. She was about to begin chopping up the food, so the others wouldn’t wait so long, however, Siyeon snuggled herself further into Sua’s neck as she pressed her front into Sua’s.

Handong watched their interaction as well as she threw so many things into question and thought that something wasn’t right. So, to confirm her wild suspicions she went off into Jiu’s room whom she shared it with Dami and Siyeon. She knocked on the door and she didn’t hear anything, so she invited herself in seeing that everyone else was too tired to help their leader out.

Handong entered the room and it was dark as she heard no soft snores coming from their leader. She’s not sleeping but she’s not answering to a knock on the door. Something is definitely up. She concluded as she the lights to the room, which showed Jiu on her bed with her right arm covering her eyes. Handong approached the silent leader with a smile on her face.

“Leadernim, food is almost ready however a certain singing wolf keeps delaying the food.” Handong was already on the ladder watching Jiu as she saw Jiu stiffen up at her sentence. “Did something happen, Leadernim?” Handong teased as she didn’t want to blow her cover just yet. Jiu didn’t say anything for a while until she finally spoke up.

“I’m not hungry, eat without me.” That earned a mouth drop from Handong as she knew that Jiu would always eat no matter what. Before Handong could ask any questions, Jiu beat her to it. “Please, I’m not feeling well so I’m just going to rest,” Jiu mumbled as she rolled over to face the wall. Handong still being confused only nodded and left the room as Jiu told her too.

Once she was outside, Yoohyeon was still sleeping, Dami was texting away on her phone, Gahyeon was watching tv but on the verge of sleeping, Siyeon was finally off Sua’s back but still watching her from the other side of the counter as Sua was cooking.

Sua finally finished cooking and called everyone to eat which everyone was grateful for, however, Handong told the other members that Jiu wasn’t feeling well and was just resting up. Sua gave out a forced smile while Siyeon cheered lightly while the other members were too tired to think about it. Siyeon took the opportunity to feed Sua with her chopsticks as they shared multiple indirect kisses. The reason why she did it was because Sua made sure all the dishes went around the groups or ask if anyone needed anything. She always took care of the members first before herself, so Siyeon took it upon herself to take care of the hardworking girl. She liked teasing the fans with fanservice but at Fact in Star when they did the Pepero game something just clicked. She liked the extra skin ship she shared with Sua, so she wanted to pursue something that might be there.

Once everything was done, with some leftovers everyone retired to bed, however, Sua took a nap in the van so she wasn’t feeling tired at all. She stayed up in the dorms but there wasn’t much to do so she went out to take a walk around the neighborhood. She needed to clear her head of everything now that Dreamcatcher began to become busier and busier. During her walk around the neighborhood, she thought of how the city lights were illuminating the lonely night. She passed by people who were cheerfully laughing as some of them were couples who huddled closer to each other for warmth. She didn’t mind the cold that much as she was used to walking around late at night when she couldn’t sleep. At one point, she went by the part near the river and started staring up at the sky just to spot a star or two.

Jiu woke up feeling a little bit better but sluggish, she rubbed her eyes as she noticed that it was so late at night that her roommates were sleeping soundly. She slowly crept down the ladder and out of her room, making sure that she didn’t wake anyone up. Her stomach growled as all its contents were all digested, and it wanted more. Jiu rubbed her stomach and said to herself.

“Don’t worry, I’ll feed you in no time.” Jiu walked over to the fridge to see if there was anything for her to ease her stomachs constant need of attention. As she opened the fridge she found a plate full of food that had a sticky note that said

To: Kim Minji. I knew you were going to raid the fridge again, so I just put the leftovers on this plate, so eat well. From Kim Bora :P

Jiu laughed at the note while her heart beat a tad bit faster at the thoughtfulness that Sua exhibited towards her, even though they have so many differences in opinions Sua wouldn’t let them get to her kind and caring nature. Jiu still had a smile on her face as she shuffled around to get a seat and start eating happily. Once she took a mouthful she hummed in response.

“I’m never going to skip a meal again. Stomach, I’m sorry for neglecting you.” Jiu cooed as she ate another spoonful of the leftovers. She started surfing on her phone because she didn’t want to wake up everyone at 12:37 a.m. By the time, Jiu finished eating, she wasn’t sleepy, so she went to the couch and continued looking at her phone, reading comments that her fans and haters had to say.

Jiu was on her phone for a long time and the haters were getting to her as they kept denouncing the group as well as saying how incompetent the leader was or how the leader wasn’t good enough to lead the group. Her confidence was fading, and her cheerful mood was dissipating as the pressure and fears were closing in on her. Making her afraid of the worst and she couldn’t bring herself into telling the other members. They wouldn’t understand the pressure that we are all going through. Jiu thought as she felt ready to spill her tears in the darkness where no one is listening.

Creeeeeeeaaaaaak. Jiu’s head shot up and looked at the dorm room’s door. She watched it slowly open and her heart was hammering as she didn’t know what to do. She was frozen as the person walked in and just the light. It was Sua whose face was flushed, and she had her earphones in. Jiu just stared at the girl who wasn’t even paying attention to her as she passed by to go to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water.

Sua knew she was out later than she usually was but she couldn’t help herself as the cold air bite into her skin made her want to stay out longer. It cleared her head just as much as her focus on perfecting dances. As the night grew for her, she started running around the block or two until she went home. She was out of breath and in need of water, so she didn’t see Jiu watching her until it was too late.

“Sua?” Jiu whispered out not believing the person in front of her was outside doing who knows what in the middle of the dangerous night. Sua heard Jiu’s voice and froze while she dropped her water bottle on the floor. Sua turned her head towards the origin of the voice and found herself looking at Jiu. She noticed the puffy eyes as there were wet streaks trailing down her cheek. Her face was flushed and that’s all it took for Sua to not care about anything other than the older girl that was staring right back at her.

Sua rushed over to Jiu as her hands found themselves reaching out to Jiu’s face and cupping them in her hands. Her frozen hands were being warmed up by Jiu’s cheeks. Jiu used her right hand to hold Sua’s left hand without breaking eye contact. She only held Sua’s hand as it was still placed on her cheek, while her left hand was grasping Sua’s wrist hoping that Sua would keep her hands firmly placed there. Sua could feel the warmth transferring over from Jiu’s cheeks to her hands and she started wondering how long Jiu had been up and how long had she been doing this.

“What’s wrong?” Sua softly said as she used the pads of her thumbs to wipe away the tears that had fallen out of Jiu’s eyes. Jiu looked into Sia’s curious eyes as she began to fall deep into her pools of brown. Lost in the vast company of warmth that Sua was giving off. All her thoughts shut off as she only looked at Sua as it put her whole body at ease. How can just one person have this much effect on me? Jiu thought as her eyes flickered from Sua’s eyes to her lips. There was a pull that made Jiu want to taste those luscious lips. To claim them as her own and have her way with her, however, all Jiu could muster out as she knew she shouldn't cave into her humanly desires.

“It hurts.” Jiu pleaded as her voice cracked making her look so broken, so vulnerable… so… alone. When she acknowledged her pain a fresh set of years went down and all Sua could do was pull Jiu close to her. Her hands moved to a different position as they were getting uncomfortable with their previous position. One hand went to her back as the other one was secured at Jiu’s hip.

Sua moved their bodies as Jiu clung to Sua as if she might just leave her for showing weakness. She fully situated them as Sua was on the couch as Jiu was nestled in between Sua's legs. She felt the small trembles that Jiu was producing as she tried to stop herself from crying some more.

Sua started caressing Jiu’s back as she felt the weeping girl slowly calming down and falling asleep in her arms. Sua knew that she should bring the older girl to her room or at least turn off the lights, so they could save energy.

With all that thinking Sua huffed as Jiu just nestled herself further into Sua's chest and her hand balled up into fists as it wrinkled and stretched the shirt in the process. She pulled Jiu closer to her body as she knew how cold it could get in the dorm room. She could smell Jiu's natural scent as it invaded her nose. It started drifting Sua off to dreamland where she usually met Jiu in her dreams. Talk to her about the most private things that no one else knew. She liked how open and free she was when facing the dream Jiu.

Sua opened her eyes sleepily and noticed that it was still dark out, but Jiu was looking at her as always whenever Sua went to sleep.

“You waited for me again. I told you to stop waiting for me, it makes me feel bad that you're always waiting for me.” Sua said to Jiu which made Jiu smiled sadly which got Sua concerned. “Hey, what's wrong?” She said as she placed a hand on Jiu's cheek ready to wipe away the tears that might come down.

“Why?” Jiu whispered softly as she placed her own hand over Sua's that was on her cheek.

“Why what, Minji?” Sua slipped Jiu's birth name so naturally as she knew that Jiu would never hear her say her real name in the real world.

“Why did you stay out so late? You made me so worried that something might happen to you.” Jiu stated as she was on the verge of tears.

“You weren't supposed to know that I came back to the dorm late…. Again.” Sua confessed as she had this dream conversation too many times that it was just routine by now.

“You don't know how much I worry about you on a daily basis. It hurts me to know that you knowingly waltz into danger like that.” Jiu stated as she hugged Sua to prove her point. Sua returned her hug as she sighed knowing that she'll wake up and Jiu would most likely be her cheerful self in front of the others.

“I only go outside to clear my mind from the excessive worrying about you.” Sua let out a shaky breath and she failed to notice that Jiu was staring at her with a wide-open mouth. Sua stared into Jiu's eyes and continued. “All those nights out are all because I think of you, worry about you, the constant need to touch you, to talk to you…, but I can't.” Sua tore her gaze away from Jiu as her voice was shaking up. “Because I fear of falling too hard for you.” Sua finished as she pulled Jiu closer to her body before letting the scenery of her dreamworld fade out.

Jiu watched the girl fall asleep as she pinched herself to make sure it was real. That everything she heard was truly real and when she brought herself that little twinge of pain she knew that she was indeed awake. Jiu slowly looked at the sleeping girl whose hands were wrapped around her lower back. Sua likes me? Kim Bora the girl who I have a slight crush on likes me? She thought as she looked at the peaceful expression Sua made as she was sleeping.

“If you like me why do you pick fights with me every single time. Hmm~ I don't understand what you are trying to do.” Jiu poked Sua's cheek as she rested her chin on top of Sua's chest. “By the way, you reek of sweat but I'm not going to move from here. You're warm and you’re here not yelling my ear off.” Juicy nuzzled herself further into Sua's chest using it as a pillow so she herself could fall asleep closely with her crush. “Good night, Sua and thank you for caring, worrying and loving me.”

Handong woke up early to go work out as well as Gahyeon as they exited the room they spotted Sua's head.

“That's rare to see Sua up so early,” Gahyeon stated out the obvious as Handong came out the room with Gahyeon to see what she said was true.

“Oh, that is indeed rare. I wonder what she is doing up.” Handong walked up to Sua and was about to say something but froze in her spot as she noticed who was with her as even breathing could be heard.

“Hey, why did you freeze so-” Gahyeon was interrupted by Handong placing her hand over while making a sssshh sound. Gahyeon looked at her confused however Handong slowly brought them to the couch where their eldest Unnies were peacefully sleeping. They looked at each other and came to a silent agreement to not bother the girls as they quietly went out of the dorm for their morning run.

Sua woke up a little bit after Gahyeon and Handong left the building and she looked around her surroundings in a panic as she wasn't used to not sleeping in her room. Her eyes landed on Jiu and she stopped herself from jumping from joy but what she couldn't stop was the erratic heart beat increasing each time she watched Jiu clutch her shirt or wrinkle her nose to produce a small smile, what made it even worse was when she nuzzled her head as she smacked her lips just a little bit. That little action made Sua's heart swoon over the roof as she was getting too much cuteness from the elder girl. However, after some time of Sua staring at her Jiu began to shuffle in her sleep as she thrashed around slightly making Sua frown at whatever was making her smile go away. All she could do was pull the girl closer hoping that her embrace gave her that comfort she needed. It worked until Jiu woke up and stared at Sua in the eyes.

“Hey,” Sua whispered softly as Jiu stayed silent as she recalled what happened hours earlier. Jiu became embarrassed at the fact that her love might be reciprocated.

"I.... uhm... go to go... yeah.... go work out and stuff. " Jiu left Sua's embrace and went to her room as she closed the door she slipped down as she let out a sigh. "Jiu... you idiot... you are back to square one with Sua... you should of just kissed her and confess your love to her."