Prologue

Apollo and his tasks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’S no easy to be a kid from Greek Goods.  To have high expectations forced upon you, to have to follow the hero path, to fight monsters and protect the humanity, to save damsels in distress and the somewhat selfish desires from your Godly parents, to have to run like a chicken from the same monster you have to fight.

So, if you think that’s hard. And that being a demigod is a difficult life with so many hardships.

Then, you absolutely don’t know what it means to be an Ares kid. If Kaeun is honest, most of her siblings have daddy issues in its hardcore edition. So, she is sure that being shunned by the usually angry God is nothing new. That doesn’t mean it hurts any less.

The camp is vast and beautiful, with a bunch of demigods playing there and there, or training, or forming small groups with their siblings or friends. With Dionysius grumbling about rude teenagers under the shadow of a big tree, surrounded by nymphs and his new secretary, because his daughter Yeri, and former assistant, disappeared mysteriously. The new secretary is really pretty and no older than Kaeun herself, with  big cat like eyes and small luscious lips, that make anyone that steals a look at the girl wanting for more.

The girl looks at Kaeun with a mischievous smile, and a flirty wink, to which the girl blushes hardly. Reprimanding herself to react in such way, she is sure to not feel attraction to girls in any way, but being in the presence of Gods, it’s difficult to even think about the humans again. She remembers her young boyfriend that awaits for her, during her time at the camp, how he resembles  Adonis, and the young innocent love professed by two young teenagers that know nothing of love. But she knows that even if she feels strongly for that young boy, it’s nothing compared to the curse that run through her veins, and that speak of a desire stronger than any feeling on Earth and even, the Olympus fear that desire. The curse that corrupts her siblings and her own father, and it’s the love, as lustful and powerful, as intense and pure, for Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love. All of her siblings feel the strong pull towards the Aphrodite cabin, and even, she, finds stealing a couple of stares at the cabin, hoping to catch a glimpse of the beautiful siblings.

She should be thinking of her boyfriend, but she is unable to do so.

“Hi” Jennie Kim is crunched on the floor, staring emptily at the place where each night there’s a campfire to offer the first bite of the dinner to the Gods. Since, the mission, where Jennie and other campers had to fight against Atlas, the Titan, with the help of Prometheus, another Titan, she hasn’t be the same. The scars that covered her body had faded over time, but the ones that are in her mind, only seemed to be deepened. She looked over her sibling “How are things going?”

“Well, aside that Father hates me, I am ok”

Jennie’s face contorted, half an amused smile, half pained. It was such a funny sight.

“Father hates us all” She is right, Ares is not the kind of warm father a little girl dreams of. “But, he often forgets that we are human, and humans make mistakes, so don’t worry about it”

Kaeun smiled back at her sister, even if Jennie is kinda distant and always in her own little world, she is very mature and has certain wisdom around her.

“Thank you, I needed to hear that”

Jennie only offer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter