Alternative Chapter/Flash Fiction: The Place We First Met

Grandma's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shinbi was pissed when she found out that they are going to visit a very old restaurant. The sooner they stepped down on that place, the owner which her family known since her pre-cage welcomed them warm heartily. Trying to lessen her anger, Shinbi went to the museum-like part of the restaurant where a lot of antique things display there that shows a history of the place. One of the particular item caught the 12 years girl attention, Her late mother's name was written at the corner of the side of it. Shinbi's mind was flooded by a hundredth of questions such why her mother's diary was in there? She knows that they are friends for many years but how significant that notebook to be in that place? Her eyes were glued on the said item, contemplating whether to get the diary or not. Sooner a man in 60s approached him who she recognized as the owner of the place.

“Did you know that this place was the instrument of your parent’s love story?” He said.

The kid was in awe of what she had heard “No I didn’t” She replied then the man handed her the notebook and asked “Would you like to know more?”

“Yes! Of course” Shinbi excitedly grabbed the diary and proceeds to the nearest table to sit and read the notebook. She started by flipping a few page of it until a certain page caught her attention. It stated of how her mother fell in love. Dying of curiosity of her parents’ love story, She begun to read that certain page.

“The clouds was raining dogs and cats that time so I decided to stay at a newly build restaurant when a young woman dressed up like a country girl approached me. Befriending with anybody is not part of my plan but ignoring her would be rude so I decided to entertain her when she approached me and show me a handkerchief "is this yours?" She asked with her dreamy eyes were looking at me. I spaced for a short time unti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter