Chapter 1

Dreams do Come True

Sometimes I wonder if there is such a thing as heaven. Why are people sent to heaven based on the good deeds they've done? And why are people sent to hell for all the sins they've committed? I couldn't wrap my brain around it until I saw her. At that moment I felt as if I experienced heaven, but I also felt as if I had fallen into hell. She was beyond beautiful. I felt as if I was sinning just looking at someone so divine.

Her hair was short and a nice shade of blonde, it nicely complimented her short stature. She was wearing sporty clothes and was sitting at a dessert place by herself. I couldn’t help but stare at her and at that instant she turned towards my direction and looked at me with flirty eyes. . I couldn’t move my body or control my now red face. How does one woman have so much power with just her eyes? She’s my type of woman, I could feel it in her aura.

She approached me, and I could feel my heart beating even faster. I’ve never felt something like this before with anyone. This is just a dream, right?

The beautiful girl started coming closer and closer until she said something inaudible.

“Kim Yongsun.” Huh? You know my name? “Kim. Yong. SUN.” What is happening? How does she know my name?

“Kim Yongsun, wake the hell up!” I felt a mild pain on my face as everything went dark. The beautiful woman disappeared and the girl right before my eyes was Moon Byulyi. Great.

“That’s not very nice you know,” I tried to fix my hair as I got up from the bed.

“And you know what else is not nice? Snoring until noon when you know we have lunch plans later today,” she looked beyond annoyed with me today.

“My bad, okay? I’ll get changed right now.”

I didn’t really feel bad because we always go to a random coffee place every Saturday so Byul can scope out potential girlfriends. She always succeeds in getting one girl’s number every time. I usually just stay out of it since I don’t do those kinds of stuff anymore.

After getting ready, we headed downtown to the café nearby. It was a cozy little place with a nice ambience. Byul and I sat down at the table near the door so it’s easier to see who comes in and out.

We sat there coffee-less for about 20 minutes and still no good candidate. I was getting fed up and a little tired just sitting around with no coffee. “Can I get coffee already?”

“No, not yet. We get coffee once we see a girl I like. Is this your first time with me?” Byul continued side eyeing every corner.

I laid my elbow against the table and rested my face on my hand. As my eyes began to falter from the immense boredom, I heard the door finally open behind Byul.

 

“Its her,” I sat up straight and stared at the woman that entered the shop.

Byul turned around and looked at her as well with wide eyes. It wasn’t the exact same girl from my dream, but it was definitely her. I just knew it. Her hair was brown and short, and she was wearing all black clothes. He aura was not the same, but her appearance was so similar.

“Who is she? Do you know her? Can you hook it up?” Byul was quick to jump the gun.

“I don’t know who she is, but she was in my dream last night,” I stood up and my legs just started moving on their own.

“You don’t know her? What the heck? Why are you walking over there?... Stop!” Byul tried to stop me, but my brain and heart kept telling me to go go go. Before I knew it, I was standing right in front of her.

“I’m sorry let me just get on my apron and I can help you out in a bit,” The girl gracefully threw over the apron and tied it effortlessly behind her back. “So, what can I get you?”

I finally snapped out of it and realized the dire situation I was in. I didn’t mean to be here, I didn’t mean to follow her. What the hell am I doing?!

“Miss?” She looked at me bewildered, but she looked so cute. . Say something.

“Ah. Uhm. Can I have an Americano please?” I stuttered, and I just wanted to punch myself in the face.

“Sure! That’ll be 2,500 won please,” She smiled and turned around to give the order to her coworker.

“Ah.. yeah,” I pulled out my wallet and gave her my card. I couldn’t find the words to ask her out. I couldn’t find the words to even ask what her name is.

“There you go! I’ll bring your drink to you as soon as it’s ready!” She handed me my card back with a receipt and I slowly walked back to the table defeated.

“You couldn’t do it, huh?” Byul was already snickering at me before I even got the chance to sit down.

“Shut up. I feel weird. Its like I know her already because she was in my dream last night, but I really don’t know her at all and I just have all these emotions and I don’t know what to think or say. I don’t even know her name. What if she’s too cool for me like in my dream? She was so confident and so laid back and what if she just downright rejects me before I even get to say anything? I can’t do this, I won’t—"

“Whoa whoa, slow down there. You don’t need to go that fast. Just take a deep breath first and think about the situation. You need to be the confident Yongsun I know. Just pretend you don’t know her and do what you always do, okay?” Byul patted my shoulders and gave me a gross wink of support.

“I don’t do the things you do anymore. Its too weird. I can’t flirt.” Before I knew it, the girl was already approaching us with my drink. She placed the drink in front of me and in that moment, I assessed the situation like I would’ve in the past and looked at her nametag. Wheein.

“One iced Americano. If you need anything else I’ll be here,” Wheein smiled.

“Thank you… Wheein,” I gave her a confident smile and waited for her rejection.

“A-ah, you’re w-welcome,” She was flustered and ran back to the counter.

That expression and response was not something I was expecting. The cold tough expression that I pictured in my mind had disappeared. She’s much different from the Wheein I met in my dream last night. I kind of like this Wheein though she isn’t really my type.

“Well that was cute,” Byul took a sip of my Americano.

“Right?” I grabbed my Americano back. My eyes were still fixated on Wheein cutely scurrying back.

“I’m going to get her number,” Byul stood up. I clenched her wrist before she made another move.

“What do you think you’re doing? I had eyes on her first and I told you she was in my dream last night.”

“Well yeah, but we can both see that she isn’t your type. You always go for those tsundere type of girls and that’s also why you can’t get any girls.”

“Okay, I didn’t come here to get roasted. Yeah, she’s not my ideal type I suppose, but I want to try. If I had a dream about her AND she’s right in front of my eyes the following day… then I think it’s a sign.”

Byul sighed and sat back down. “Okay, fine. Go get her number, but if it doesn’t work then I’m going for it.”

“I don’t think it works that way, but thanks,” I got up and made my way confidently to the counter. This is the same feeling I had in my dream, the only difference is that my hands were super sweaty, and my legs felt wobbly.

“Hi… Wheein.”

She looked up from the cash register and looked up at me a little taken aback. “Hi, uhm is there something you need?”

“Uhm not really, I was wondering if you would maybe like to grab coffee sometime?” Wait no. She works in a coffee shop you idiot. “No. not coffee shop I mean do you want to maybe grab dinner sometime.”

She smiled, “Sure, do you want to exchange kkt?” I felt as if I hit the jackpot. I never expected her to say yes or for her to even be here in person.

“Yes!” I couldn’t hold back my excitement and felt embarrassed because everyone in the shop looked at us. Even Byul was shaking her head laughing her off. I turned to Wheein and she looked at me bright-eyed laughing along as well.

“I’ll text you later tonight?”

“Yeah sure! But I didn’t catch your name, unless your name is jjing jjing,” She held up her phone and pointed at my kkt profile.

“Ah! No. My name is Yongsun. Kim Yongsun,” I really need to change my kkt name.

“Its nice to meet you Yongsun,” She smiled AGAIN. My heart couldn’t bear it anymore.

“Yeah, so I’ll text you tonight! I’ll see you later,” I waved goodbye and walked out the door skipping back to the apartment.

As soon as I got back to the apartment I flopped onto my bed and thought about the dream I had and Wheein. I mostly thought about Wheein.

A minute later, the door swung open and an enraged beast came at me with an empty cup of Americano.

“HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME IN THE CAFÉ? I WAS FOLLOWING YOU BACK HOME THE ENTIRE WAY BUT YOU JUST KEPT ON DAMN SKIPPING BACK. WHO SKIPS THAT FAST?” Byul was shaking both of my shoulders and I could feel her tight grip and I winced in pain.

I learned a lot of things today. Never walk up to a girl with no motive. Remember where you are before completing your motive, and never ever piss off Moon Byulyi.