one

Dangerous

baekhyun knew hundreds of people, he knew at least thirty that he knew would put his life over theirs. but baekhyun only cared for three of them. his best friend jongdae, and his colleagues tao and luhan. 

jongdae was an idiot, and baekhyun knew to remind him of this regularly. baekhyun would never understand how such an idiot got away with illegally selling arms and weapons for a living but he chose not to question it, he needed rich friends. 

tao was a , but baekhyun didn’t tell him this, he was gorgeous and he knew it but then baekhyun couldn’t judge, he too was gorgeous and he knew it. 

luhan was an angel, baekhyun thought he might be the only person on this planet he would die for, his lack of confidence made baekhyun coddle him. but baekhyun didn’t see him out of work, luhan wasn’t exactly in the same kind of scene. 

 

baekhyun also knew he was a mess. he was one of the most wanted models in the whole of seoul which made him a lot of money. he was a mess because he spent that money on two things, his collection of gucci and various drugs. it’s not like he was addicted to anything in particular, he’d always tell himself, he just had nothing better to spend his money on. 

 

the last thing baekhyun knew, was that many people would drop everything to live a lifestyle like his, being praised and payed highly for your looks, living a lavish lifestyle of expensive clothes and cars and drugs, being able to wrap any woman or man around your little finger. but baekhyun often found himself wishing he could be normal, have a proper family and a normal job, a real healthy relationship and a larger trusted group of friends. he wouldn’t dwell on it for long, he couldn’t change it now. 

 

“what are you daydreaming about byun? hurry up and get your pretty over here” baekhyun rolled his eyes and sauntered towards the photographer, his name was minseok if baekhyun remembered correctly.

 

“what do you want?” he asked flatly.

 

“gosh, so rude.” the small photographer mumbled before speaking more loudly,

“i think i need a few more photos i forgot some”

 

baekhyun tutted, “well that’s a shame.... minseok, was it? i’m afraid you’re no longer paying for my time and so i‘m gonna say.... no.” the photographer looked pleadingly over at baekhyuns manager, a stern chinese man known as kris stood in the corner of the room, who only shrugged and looked back down at his phone. minseok sighed and began packing up his stuff.

“you can always come back next time i’m free” baekhyun suggested twiddling a piece of dyed red hair between his fingers.  

the photographer said nothing as he left the building and baekhyun turned to leave too before being stopped as a strong hand grasped his elbow. he turned around to face kris and gulped at his angry expression. kris didn’t say a word, only slapped him round the face once and let go. baekhyun quickly scurried away after that only half listening to kris groan about how much of an idiot baekhyun was. 

 

“he thinks he’s all that jongdae,” baekhyun took another drag of his joint, he didn’t feel like anything heavier than weed tonight, before continuing, “he thinks he has all this control over me just because every time i up he hits me or something but jokes on him if he hits me too hard i won’t be able to model for a while.” he giggled to himself.

 

jongdae threw his legs over the edge of baekhyuns balcony and sighed,

“it’s still not great that he does that, what kind of manager beats the out of their employee whether they’re a little or not.”

 

“hey-!” baekhyun laughed as he realised jongdae had called him a little and shoved his best friend, forgetting he was sat on the edge of a seven story balcony. jongdae grabbed onto baekhyuns shirt as he lost balance and baekhyun pulled him back onto the balcony still laughing.

“you’re such an idiot!” jongdae yelled, walking back inside trying to hide his smile. 

 

baekhyun threw his half finished blunt off the balcony and followed his best friend inside. jongdae had thrown himself across the couch, limbs sticking out everywhere.

 

“hey baek, i’m going to that club in town tomorrow night to meet this douchebag and deliver him something if you wanna come. that’ll only take me five minutes and then we can just have a good time.”

 

baekhyun sat cross legged on the floor in front of his friend and flicked his forehead with his fingers,

“of course i want to go, idiot.”

 

the next night found baekhyun stepping out of the shower and checking himself out in the mirror. he should really do some modelling some time, he had a y body. he entered his closet and searched for something suitable. he eventually settled on a black mesh shirt and his tightest fitting black jeans with holes that exposed the milky skin of his thighs. he grabbed a black gucci jacket and picked a rolex to throw onto his wrist, now he looked suitably rich. he styled his red hair into a middle part and applied some makeup to both cover the dark circles under his eyes and make him look even ier. he winked at himself in the mirror before grabbing his phone. his hand hovered over his wallet but he decided he wouldn’t need it, someone would probably buy him a drink tonight. 

 

the taxi drive to the club was silent but baekhyun caught every one of the driver’s glances at him and the choker around his neck. sometimes they would make eye contact in the car mirror and baekhyun would flash him a coy smile. when he stepped out the car, baekhyun payed the diver extra and nodded along to his plans to see baekhyun again. that was never gonna happen. once the driver had finally shut up baekhyun turned and walked into the club, immediately finding jongdae and waving.

 

“this dude is late, i’m starting to think he won’t come at all” he watched baekhyun take a sip of his drink. 

“is that him over there?” baekhyun pointed towards a group of three tall, intimidating looking men and jongdae nodded, walking towards them without a word. baekhyun decided to follow. 

 

one of the men stepped forwards, he was the most smartly dressed of the three, baekhyun noted he had a very handsome face and a killer jawline, he spoke with an almost cocky demeanour to him but it didn’t seem to annoy baekhyun like it normally would. baekhyun heard him refer to himself as kai and realised that the men stood in front of him must have been three members of the most feared underground gang in the whole of seoul and maybe even korea. baekhyun gulped, were they all this hot? 

 

he looked at the other men as jongdae and kai spoke, one had already begun to walk away and so baekhyun turned to the other to find him staring straight at him. he had a stern looking face and was incredibly tall, baekhyun could tell he was well built under his clothes. he had a tattoo creeping up his neck and a piercing on his lip. his hair was a deep shade of brown, styled into a comma fringe and baekhyun could help but notice his cute large ears, rather out of place.

 

the man stepped forwards towards baekhyun,

“what are you looking at?” he spoke in a deep voice and baekhyun swallowed roughly. he didn’t reply. he only turned away and swayed his hips as he walked towards the bar, hoping the man would follow him or at least be watching him.

 

when jongdae joined him again he was still searching the crowd for the man, he just knew he wouldn’t be able to resist baekhyun forever. 

“baekhyun, that man you were talking to...”  

baekhyun hummed and jongdae continued,

“that was park chanyeol, the actual leader of that whole gang and you ing ignored his question and walked away.”