[ST] Chapter

ɢᴀᴍᴇʀ ᴅᴀᴛᴀ II An All-Rounder Layout For (Basically) Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
gamer
data an all-rounder layout   ❊ Excerpt from My Genie, Woohyun

“Okay,” the doctor rolled his chair back towards the computer to type out the last few notes as he finished with his patient’s checkup. After a few moments, he looked towards them with a smile and nodded. “You can leave now.”

With that said, the young woman stepped down from the examining table and with the accompanying older woman, bowed down and expressed their usual thanks. Both of them then left to head back to the waiting room a floor below.

This has been the second time this month for the young woman to stop by the hospital. She has always been a frail girl since childhood and thus missed out on most of the fun and exciting events that happen in a teenager's life. That, of course, included school.

“Minji,” the older woman began once both of them went in the room, “I’m going to the front desk to pay the bills and ask for an excuse letter for school. Stay here, okay?” 

“Yes,” Minji replied as she sat on an empty chair near the window. The older woman – her mother – then turned around and left, leaving only the sound of her footsteps vanishing as she walked through the halls. Minji looked out over the window and sighed at the sight as she saw little kids playing tag at a park across from the hospital. They had big grins and smiles plastered on their faces as they ran around energetically.

I wish I was healthy enough to play those kinds of games when I was younger. I wonder if I would be like this for my entire life, frail and useless.

Feeling restricted by the atmosphere, Minji stood up and walked towards the door. As she went outside, she saw her mother taking out her wallet and handing the receptionist a few paper bills, exchanging for the receipt.

“Thank you very much,” she heard her mother say with a smile.

“Mom,” Minji interrupted with a casual tone.

“Oh, Minji. What is it?”

“Mom, can I go out and take a look around? It’s been a while since I’ve wandered outside. I just want to roam around the area for a bit to get some fresh air and a change of scenery.” 

“Sure. Do you want me to send Minhwan and Junghee to accompany you?” 

“No, I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me,” she assured her.

“Okay then. Don’t take too long. You’re still not in good shape. Remember to be home by dinner,” her mother reminded.

“Yes, I know.”

“Oh! And call me if you need anything!” Her mother called out behind her as Minji walked out of the hospital.

 

══════

 

After a few minutes of walking, Minji faced the streets of the most gigantic shopping district in Seoul: Myeongdong. She walked around the streets witnessing friends, families, and even couples pass by.

I wish I had friends to hang out with too, she thought. Just then, something caught her attention. “Wow! I want that dress!” She exclaimed as she saw a silver, one-strap dress that glittered in the sunlight. As she reached for her pockets and ruffled inside, her smile turned into a disappointed frown. “Aw, I forgot to bring some money.” 

 

Minji continued to walk around u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter