End

Made to be burned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was late, and almost everyone were in their own beds, sleeping. Almost, for here was Kang Seulgi, standing at the top of the tallest building in the city; observing the peaceful state of it. Everything looked better that way, according to her own opinion. As she puffs out the smoke she inhaled from the newly lit cigarette in between her long, slender fingers, she enjoys the soft midnight breeze, nearly smiling. She felt better that way, distancing herself so much from civilization even if her presence doesn't affect them the slightest, but she was always reminded of a certain someone. Someone named Bae Joohyun. 

 

Bae Joohyun was perfect. She was like heaven. She was everything that Seulgi would die for. 

 

How pathetic. She thought. How the woman affected her was something she had a hard time of explaining until now. How Joohyun could manage to fix her and at the same time ruin her. How she could make her feel like she was the best person out there for her and at the same time the worst one you could ever match her up with. How she could make her feel like she deserved a second chance and at the same time how she deserved to burn in hell. Everything amused her. She was a hopeless fool, but she couldn't do anything about it. She laughs bitterly.

 

"What are you?" The shaking girl asks the mysterious creature who had just saved her from a gang of drunk men.

"Shouldn't you be asking me of who am I instead of what am I?"

"You-you don't seem mortal enough to me. I-I'm sorry if I'm sounding so rude."

"You totally amuse me." She lightly laughs. "Well, you must only choose one question that you want me to answer. What am I or Who am I? Choose wisely."

"Who-who are you then?"

"I must say you're smart, but not that smart. The name's Seulgi, and I have answered your question. Well then, I shall take my leave. I hope next time you won't put yourself in danger by passing by in these type of places."

"W-wait." But she was too late, for the girl named "Seulgi" has already vanished into thin air. She thought that that would be the last time she'd be seeing her, but little did she know, that the latter was already planning when would be her next surprise appearance.

 

And that was the first time Kang Seulgi had a reason to look forward to tomorrow. 

 

"Seeing you pass by here, I would think you're fond of passing through dark alleys where you'd totally get or killed?" Seulgi whispers into her ear, making the latter jump

"You-you scared me."

"You're lucky it was me. What if it was some other creep? Didn't I told you not to pass by in these kinds of places?"

"I.. I want to see you again."

"And why?"

"I.. I don't know, but I just know that I want to see you."

"Knowing my name and that I saved you doesn't really mean that you're safe with me. Maybe I saved you because I had a different motive, like making you my meal or slave."

"I.. know you wouldn't do that. You, you didn't harm me afterwards."

"Taking risks are we? Do you have a death wish miss?"

"My name's Joohyun, and no. I just want to you see you that's all."

"Now you've seen me and it's time for you to go home. It's not safe lurking around at this hour."

"But what about you?"

"Me? Like you've said last time, there's something about me that doesn't seem mortal enough, and you're right about that. You're human, and I'm not. You can be killed, while I can't. So go home. I'll make sure you arrive safe."

"You'll walk with me?"

"No, but I have my own ways to ensure your safety."

"Can't you at least tell me what are you?"

"I'm sure if you knew, you would be scared fo the rest of your life."

"Then at least give me a hint."

"That would be saved for another time, but for now, it's time to take you home." And with the snap of her fingers, she made Joohyun unconscious and brought her to her room.

 

And that was the first time Seulgi forced herself to remember a certain place.

 

"How many times do I have to tell you not to pass by places like this? I'm starting to think that you have a death wish."

"Seulgi!" She ran and hugged the latter, who was definitely shocked and speechless of what Joohyun had done

"H-hey! Wh-what do you think you're doing?"

"I missed you! I know I promised you not to pass by places like this, but I want to see you again."

"Why do you want to see me so badly? You barely even know me."

"That's why I'm here. Walk me home."

"Are you ordering me?"

"Kinda. Come on."

"Unbelievable. Fine, but it's not my fault if I scare the hell out of you."

"As if you look like the grinch."

"What if I do?"

"I know you don't, now come on."

She held Seulgi's hand and started to walk out of the dark alley. Once the streetlight started to engulf the both of them, she immediately looked at her and was surprised at what she saw.

"You... you're so beautiful."

"Whta? Is this some kind of a joke?"

"No, you really look beautiful. I'll give you a mirror for you to see." She says as she was rummaging her bag for her mirror when a hand reached out to stop her.

"I don't have a reflection, so it's useless."

"No wonder. I'm not lying. You look beautiful."

"Thanks, but it doesn't matter, now let's take you home. Now you know what am I?"

"Yup! You're Seulgi! A beautiful woman!"

"What are you, ten?"

"But it's true! It doesn't mean when you aren't mortal, things would change."

"Nevermind."

The way home was silent. Neither of them uttered a single word until they have reached Joohyun's doorstep.

"Will I be seeing you tomorrow?"

"Maybe no."

"Then I'll show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter