Kitten

Kitten

“Can you please stop following me?”

 

Siyeon said to the figure behind her with gritted teeth. She’s been walking for hours already, hoping that this girl will eventually get tired and leave her alone but up until now, she’s still walking behind her. The girl stopped her tracks and looked up to meet Siyeon’s eyes.

 

“What the do you want from me? Is it money? A picture?”

 

The girl stayed silent and took a step forward making Siyeon stepping backwards. She shook her head and bravely walked closer to her and leaned as the same level of the girl’s height to stare at her eyes. They’re pretty orbs, Siyeon thought. Her eyes are round and big, and they caught the sun’s rays, making it look like her eyes are shining. She felt the girl has gotten anxious and booped her nose, realizing soon after that she didn’t know why she did it. She sighed.

 

“I won’t hurt you, just please tell me why you’re following me for hours already.”

“I am being followed…”

 

The girl mumbled, Siyeon immediately looked behind the girl to scan the place. They’re outside a convenience store, surrounded my trees and a park near them. Her eyes travelled through the trees and spotted a shadow behind one of them. She didn’t react so whoever that was won’t suspect anything.

 

“I see. But that didn’t answer my question. Why are you following me?”

“You look like someone who can protect me.”

 

Siyeon’s eyes grew as she heard her answer. She laughed so loud that some strangers looked at their direction.

 

“Is it because I’m tall?”

“No, because I saw you.”

“Saw me what?”

“I saw you saved the kitten from the tree.”

“Are you my kitten now?”

 

The girl gulped and shook her head.

 

“I’m kidding. Yes, I can protect you but what makes you think that I will?”

“Because I’m cute.”

“God.”

 

Siyeon grabbed the girl’s hand and began walking to her where her car was parked.

 

“Get in.”

 

The girl obeyed and sat next to Siyeon.

 

“I saw a figure hiding behind a tree. Do you know why they’re following you?”

“School problems.”

“Oh, you stole something?”

 

The girl gave her a glare but her face softened after a second.

 

“Okay, calm down, jeez, I was kidding. What’s your name?”

“Gahyeon, Lee Gahyeon.”

“Lee Siyeon.”

“I know.”

 

Siyeon gave her a confused look but didn’t bother asking how since she’s famous in their school. They always view her as a but only her friends know her for real. She started driving the car.

 

“Where are we going?”

“A cliff, it’ll be calming there.”

 

Gahyeon nodded. It took them utmost twenty minutes before they arrived at the location. Siyeon stepped outside first and opened Gahyeon’s door. The little one blushed, she looked around and saw the beautiful view. The sun was to about set and it made the orange-colored sky. Siyeon sat down on the little rock near the cliff.

 

“Come here and sit beside me.”

 

Siyeon tapped the ground and Gahyeon sat on it. Siyeon closed her eyes and felt the breeze on her face. Gahyeon imitated her.

 

Siyeon opened her eyes and saw Gahyeon doing the same thing she was doing. She’s closer this time and smiled as she continued to scan her appearance. She didn’t lie when she said she’s cute. If she can describe her, she’s a very beautiful human being.

 

“Where do you live? Let me drive you back home.”

“Uh, you can drop me at the bus stop.”

“Why not directly to your place?”

“Safety.”

“I thought you want me to protect you.”

“…”

“Let me protect you.”

 

Siyeon blurted those words without thinking but she didn’t mind. Gahyeon seems like a very fragile girl. She held up her fist, waiting for the little one to bump hers. Gahyeon did and smiled after. They both got inside Siyeon’s car and Gahyeon told her where she lives.

 

They’re back on the main road and Siyeon realized that there’s a certain car which has been following them for 3 minutes already. Gahyeon noticed and she closed her eyes.

 

“Fasten your seatbelt.”

 

Siyeon said and drove fast soon after Gahyeon did what she told her. She parked near an abandoned warehouse and Gahyeon gave her a look. Siyeon noticed that she’s scared so she held her hand and went out. The car that has been following them parked in front of her. Three men wearing black suits stepped out and were looking at Gahyeon’s direction. They began walking closer to the car but Siyeon stopped them by holding up her hand.

 

“You’re not going to lay a finger on her. She’s under my protection right now.”

“Are you sure you can stop us by yourself?”

“Try me, .”

 

The men began throwing fists but Siyeon was too experienced and she dodged everything. She tried punching the tallest one but she figured that he’s too heavy to be put down. She then decided to kick his precious balls and she didn’t fail. She managed to kick the others’ asses. The tallest one earlier managed to kick her leg and she whimpered a bit. She got back by kicking his face. The men were all down to their knees and Siyeon grabbed her baseball bat from her car. She posed herself to attack them, and the men showed their fear.

 

“If you try to follow this person again, I won’t stop myself from beating you with this bat. Do you hear me?”

 

The men nodded and Siyeon got inside her car. She saw Gahyeon giving her a “how did you beat all those guys” look and she scoffed. She began driving again and sooner or later, they arrived at Gahyeon’s place.

 

“Stay at my place a bit. I can make you a coffee as a reward.”

“Sure.”

 

Gahyeon made her a coffee and Siyeon began interrogating her.

 

“Why are they following you?”

“Well, there’s this girl from our school who likes this one guy but that guy is rumored to like me. She got mad over that fact and decided to order her guards to attack me.”

“Woah, aren’t you too attractive?”

“Maybe.”

“Do you like the guy?”

 

Gahyeon shook her head and grabbed the pillow near her.

 

“I like this one person already.”

“Ooh, tell me about him.”

 

Siyeon finished her coffee and leaned in to listen to Gahyeon. The other one looked down and began fidgeting as she began talking.

 

“Well for starters, I always see her in our school but too afraid to approach her.”

“A girl then, tell me more.”

“And…”

“And?”

“She saved this kitten from a tree and the animal’s head while smiling.”

 

Siyeon eyes grew big and she felt her face heated and she looked down.

 

“A-And this person is?”

 

Gahyeon only pointed at her. Siyeon laughed.

 

“You like me? Aren’t you a rebel, too?”

“You’re kind, you saved me and you’re beautiful too.”

 

Siyeon couldn’t take all the compliments coming from her. She pinched her cheeks and smiled.

 

“You know, I can sing too.”

 

Siyeon began singing and Gahyeon only smiled. Gahyeon asked her to stay the night and Siyeon agreed. They spent the whole night talking and getting to know each other.

 

“Nobody can like you now, because I exist. Okay?”

“Got it.”

“Go to sleep, little one.”

 

Gahyeon smacked her arm and laid down.

 

“I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“The bed’s huge.”

“Aren’t you moving too fast?”

“I liked you for years now.”

“I wasn’t expecting that.”

 

Siyeon laid next to Gahyeon and the cuddled the night away.