003

Just Liking You Not Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Towards the end of the class, Eunhyuk asked Donghae to go first since he has a duty to do. Donghae reluctantly agreed. He actually wants to walk with the boy since he is not familiar with this area. He walks out of the class after saying goodbye to Eunhyuk.

During walking, he reminded his memories with his dad.

He feels guilty for being a bad son for his dad all this time. Never once he treats his dad right. He always just ignore everything that his dad said.

It is ironic he fought with his dad about not wanting to leave the house but look where he is now. He is living at the orphanage. If just he listens to his dad, he will not end up here. Maybe he is now following his dad to Incheon. If he just stops being stubborn and ego. They can start a new life and try to fix their relationship.

He and his dad did not get along well was because when he was younger his dad always busy himself with work and sometimes he neglects his family. His mother that time was sick but his father never cared for her. He just keeps working hard. And it lasts till his mother died when he was 10 years old.

After his mother died, he hated his father so much. He blamed his dad for the death of his mother.

But never once he thought about his dad sacrifices. He never listens when his dad tries to explain to him the reason for his act.

His dad already knew his mother sickness, and it needs a lot of money to pay for the procedure. That why he works hard to earn the money to pay for the surgery. The child he never understands his sacrifice. Eventually, he came to understand his father’s action but their relationship has become so distant. He doesn’t know how to start converse with his dad. So, he just let it be.

(Flashback)

His alarm woke him up. Huh, another morning. He looked at the clock. 6.30 am. He reaches for the clock and shut it up. Groaning, he stood up from his bed and went to do his morning routine. Then he puts on his school uniform and went downstairs to find his dad who busies stirring soup on the stove. He did not greet his dad and silently takes a seat at the dining table. When his dad hears the sound of a chair being pulled, he turned around and notice his son.

“Oh, you’re up. Wait for a while, I will finish soon”

Donghae did not give any response. His relationship with his dad has been like that since the death of her mum. Part of himself still blaming his dad. When he was 10 years old, his parents always had a fight but he never knows what the cause of the fight was. He would just hear the two of them yelling at each other and then he would hide in his room while shutting his ears. After that, his dad rarely spends time at home and always busy with his work. Meanwhile, his mum became so sick. He doesn’t know what to do. He called his dad but he never answered. His mum then was brought to the hospital. His dad would come visits his mum then leaves afterwards to work. In the end, his mum condition worsened. He starts to hate his dad. However, his mum always said it’s okay and not to hate his dad. But how can he not hate his dad when he is the one who makes his mother sick.

“I hate dad” 10 years old Donghae said while wiping his mother face with the towel.

“No, son. You can’t hate your dad. This is not his fault. Mum sick not because of him”

“But dad always not here. He just cared about his work. He doesn’t care about us anymore”

His thought was interrupted when his dad put a bowl of soup on the table.

“Happy birthday Donghae. I make seaweed soup for you. I hope it’s better than the last time” his dad said while smiling at him. He remember during his birthday last year, his dad has tried to make seaweed soup for him. However it taste so salty that he cannot bring himself to finish it. After his mum died, he can see his dad tried to change. He don’t immersed himself in work too much anymore. He tried to fills the gap that his mother left. But what is the use of it, his mother can never return back. During his mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter