Someone has been baking

Baked from the heart

A/N: Hi readers, Yea so again we’re going to pretend that Irene bakes, just so I can convert this fic. Enjoy

 


 

 

Kang Seulgi is no stranger to people having crushes on her and getting confessed to. The gorgeous, kind monolid teen has both fangirls and fanboys always trying to get the chance to date her, but of all the confessions this latest one surprises her more than any other. The brunette opens her locker to find a box waiting for her. She curiously opens it to see a freshly baked batch of double chocolate chip cupcakes and a note.

 

To my lovely Bear,

I hope that you find these cupcakes as sweet as I find you.

 

She is definitely surprised. No one has ever baked anything for her before. She also has not gotten any note as sweet as this neatly written one. Seulgi looks around for any sign of someone who looks like they just dropped a box in her locker. She knows she should really be concerned by someone getting into her locker. The gesture is really too nice to not appreciate. No one around looks particularly like they are interested in her reaction. Most of the  other students in their own worlds and holding conversations with one another.

 

"Unnie, what's that you have there?" Joy her younger friend comes over and asks first.

 

"Ooh, Unnie." Yeri, another of her younger friends comes over too. She spots the box and the delicious looking cupcake inside. "Did you buy those?"

 

"No." Seulgi shakes her head. "They were just waiting here."

 

"Unnie. Oh my god. Do you have a secret admirer? They look really good too.” Joy tries to reach for one but Seulgi closes the box shut.

 

"Yah, I haven't even had one yet. They smell really good, though."

 

"Well, what are we waiting for Seulgi-unnie. Let’s go sit and eat them." Yeri begins pulling the older girl away. She is really hungry and they do look pretty.

 

"Yah, Kim Yerim. These are mine. Someone made them for me."

 

None of them notice the petite blonde hiding around the corner from them in glasses. She smiles to herself. Her crush accepted the dessert she baked for her. She didn't throw them away or look at them in disgust. She had baked them fresh for Seulgi just this morning. Nearly missing her first class but it was worth it in this case. She definitely needs to see if Seulgi will actually eat them and like them as well, so the raven carefully follows behind the trio outside. She hides herself behind a nearby tree when they all grab a table.

 

"Unnie. These look so pretty. I think someone made this from scratch. There's a lot of detail here." Joy says while eyeing the desserts carefully.

 

"Yea." Seulgi agrees. "Who would go through all the effort?"

 

"Someone that obviously likes you unnie, duh. Now try one so Yeri and I can have one too." Joy looks intensely at the cupcakes. She’s starving by just looking at the desserts, and if Seulgi doesn’t hurry and share. The taller girl is going to take one for herself.

 

The bespectled teen peaks out from behind the tree just in time to see Seulgi taking a bite of a cupcake. The monolid teen's response is instantaneous. Her entire face lights up and her eyes form the crescents the raven teen adores so much.

 

"Wow, they're really delicious."

 

The teen hiding behind the tree smiles."She likes them. Yes!" Now that she knows Seulgi likes her desserts. She can certainly bake something tomorrow too. Quickly the teen takes off before any of them can notice her.

 

"Unnie, do you have any idea at all who it could be? You do get confessed to a lot." Yerim reminds her about her constant confessions, as if Seulgi even needs reminding.

 

"Yes, but never with dessert. I have no idea."

 

"Hey. Let's ask Jessica-unnie. She's the president of the student council."

 

Seulgi agrees. Their brunette friend is also a senior. She knows a lot of things that happen at their school. She might know something about this, or at the least Jessica could probably point them in the correct direction. Seulgi really wants to meet this person who took their time to make her something this good, and personal.

 

"We can ask after class. You know she's always busy.”

 

Seulgi however can't help but to look at the sweet note left behind. It isn't a handwriting that she recognizes right away. The person that made these cupcakes must truly like her alot. The only question now was who?

 


 

 

Bae Joohyun or better known to most as Irene is in an extremely good mood. She sits in on the emergency council meeting with a smile on her face. She is the Vice President, so naturally she'd be there. Joohyun is physically there, just wasn't really listening at all. She is only thinking about her long time crush Kang Seulgi, who she is fairly certain the gorgeous, monolid has no idea who she is. When the meeting ends and everyone leaves she is still pretty zoned out.

 

"Hey, Joohyun?" Jessica speaks. "Are you okay? You were in another world the entire time."

 

"Oh, sorry unnie. I just..."

 

"Thinking about Seulgi." The older girl teases.

 

"How'd you...."

 

"You get that look on your face like a love sick puppy."

 

"Yah unnie! I...." Joohyun wants to deny this so badly but she really can't. "Okay I do, but I've liked her since middle school."

 

Jessica knows very well about Joohyun’s huge crush on Seulgi. The younger girl is just too obvious and anyone with eyes can see it, especially if they pay attention. Well in truth Jessica’s girlfriend Tiffany actually told her before she noticed, but still Jessica eventually caught the sighs. Unfortunately for Joohyun. Seulgi has absolutely no idea.

 

"Joohyun, you should tell her. Sneaking around putting desserts in her locker, it's sweet. But it's not very straightforward."

 

"Unnie. I really don't think she knows who I am, or at least I kind of hope not."

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica is genuinely curious because who wouldn't want their crush to know who they were.

 

Joohyun recalls the story how she first met the gorgeous monolid girl. They were 12 and she embarrassed herself completely by stumbling and spilling not only her juice, but nearly all of her lunch on the bear-like girl. She remembers her voice "Oh, I'm so so sorry." The monolid girl looked stunned for a while that Joohyun even tried to wipe away the stains, but ended up apologizing in quick, back to back apologies then running away. Joohyun was honestly so embarrassed she could never really talk to her crush again.

 

"Wow, that isn't the end of the world you know. I've known Seulgi for a long time. She's really nice. I don't think she'd hold a grudge over that."

 

Before the bespectacled girl could respond. Yeri and Joy burst through the doors, surprising both the council members.

 

"Unnie! Unnie!" They direct this to Jessica, looking so alarmed. The brunette almost doesn't know what to say. She does know what to do, however. The President places her head down on the table, and pretends she’s sleep.

 

“I’m sleeping, go away!”

 

“What, no you’re not!” Joy complains first, because this is the first time in a long time she’s seen Jessica awake.

 

“Don’t try that sleeping thing now, unnie.” Yeri sighs. “I’ll tell Tiffany-unnie you’re being mean!”

 

Jessica can’t take that chance, so she picks her head up and miraculously wakes up.

 

"Fine, what is wrong with you two?" The senior wants to know.

 

"We need your help. We need..." They are cut off when Seulgi enters placing a hand over each of the younger girls mouths.

 

"I'm sorry, Jessica-unnie. These two got away from me before I could stop them." Seulgi smiles apologetically and Joohyun freezes. Kang Seulgi is so very attractive that the blonde doesn't right away know what to do or say. Her crush is a matter of feet from her. She is internally swooning and freaking out at the same time.

 

"It's fine, Seul." Jessica smiles warmly. "But what is going on? Why are you two so excited?"

 

"Seulgi-unnie got some cupcakes from a secret admirer!"

 

"Really delicious cupcakes!" Joy adds in.

 

"Yea, we just want to know if maybe you knew anything unnie."

 

Joohyun really hopes that Jessica won't say anything. It would be much too awkward with Joy and Yeri here too.

 

"Um, no I don't." The brunette quickly denies. "But Seul, it sounds like someone really likes you alot."

 

Joohyun truly prays she is not blushing in any way. It would give her away too soon, and she isn't ready to confess that she is the one who made the cupcakes.

 

"Are you going to help or not?" the younger teens ask right away.

 

"This really isn't any of my business guys."

 

“Oh, come on unnie. What are you going to do sleep instead of help?” Yeri points out.

 

“I can send your straight to detention, Yerimie!”

 

“Fine, only because I can’t bother to schedule my detention in this week. Come on, Joy let’s go.”

 

“Well I’m not going to detention without my Yerimie, so no thank you. Bye Jessica-unnie.” The taller girl follows after the younger. Seulgi just nods and smiles politely to Jessica and Joohyun as well.

 

"Thank you anyway, unnie. Goodbye, unnie, Irene-ssi." Seulgi adds to the bespectacled teen, then exits the room, and the blonde teen is stunned. Jessica takes one look at her face, and can’t resist the moment.

 

"Oh, and I thought she didn't know you existed?" Jessica right away teases.

 

"Uh..." Joohyun blushes bright red. "I didn't think she did."

 


 

 

The next day at school Seulgi finds another box of desserts. This time there are brownies that have cute, little bear shaped candies on top of them.

 

"Wow." Seulgi can't believe how much thought went into these.

 

To my lovely bear: I hope you like these brownies as much as I like you.

 

This person must truly really like her, way more than she first thought. She still couldn't imagine anyone liking her that much. Most people would confess, she'd politely turn them down, and they would move on.

 

"Ah, Irene-ssi." She notices the blonde.

 

"Oh, um Seulgi..." Joohyun panics. She drops her stack of books as well as  her bag on the ground. Seulgi wastes no time in hurrying over to help. Their hands meet and the bespectled girl can't help her blush.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Y-Yes, perfectly fine." The shorter girl stutters. Seulgi smiles and helps her stand once they gather all her books and bag. Joohyun can definitely feel her heart pounding furiously in her chest. She hasn't been this close to the brunette in years, and thanks god that she doesn't have any food to spill again.

 

"Hey can I ask you a question?" Seulgi speaks.

 

"S-Sure, of course."

 

"Did you happen to see who left these brownies in my locker? I'd really like to talk to them."

 

This was the perfect opportunity for the blonde to come clean. Only she was truly too nervous to admit it to her.

 

"Oh. No, sorry I didn't." Joohyun lies.

 

"Oh." Seulgi sounds disappointed. "Thank you anyway, Irene-ssi." Seulgi bids her goodbye and Joohyun calls out.

 

"Hey, you can call me Irene, you know. We're the same age."

 

"Hm." Seulgi seems to be considering this. She ends up smiling warmly. "Ah, okay Irene."

 

Joohyun can't ignore the amount of beats her heart skips at Seulgi saying her name. She just stands and watches until she can no longer see the brunette girl of her affections.

 


 

 

Jessica is trying to eat lunch when Joohyun interrupts. She is seconds away from biting into her kimbap when she hears the younger girl’s frantic voice.

 

"Unnie! What do I do? Seulgi actually spoke to me, to me." The blonde repeats. "She asked me if I saw who put the dessert in her locker."

 

"Joohyun, calm down. Did you admit that it's you?"

 

"Uh, no..."

 

Jessica just sighs. This will carry on forever at this rate, and the older girl isn't sure if there are enough desserts in the world for Joohyun to carry on like this. "Joohyun, you have to tell her. It will be better to get it over with."

 

"I just don't want to be rejected. I like her so much." The younger girl admits softly. It will be awful to be rejected by the only person she’s liked.

 

"I know, but you also know what Seulgi is like. She is super nice. She wouldn't be cruel to you if you confess to her."

 

Joohyun does know how kind the bear-like girl is. She's seen first hand the girl that would share her last snack to someone that needs, or her coat if someone was cold and freezing, and she sees her helping both Joy and Yeri anytime they need it, never complaining at some of their crazy antics, doing it with a smile.

 

"Don't be scared, Joohyun. Just talk to her."

 

"Oh, okay unnie. Thank you."

 


 

 

Yeri and Joy come over to Seulgi with lists of potential admirers. Seulgi's eyes go wide at the huge charts each girl is carrying.

 

"Wow, do you think you have enough names? Might as well get some staff on there too."

 

"Ew unnie, don't even joke like that." Yeri shudders. "We're trying to help you so be grateful. Now let's look through the list and see if anyone stands out."

 

At various stages they all name someone. "Kim Jisoo?"

 

"Nah, she's dating Jennie remember. They're ship name is Kim Squared."

 

"Ah, that girl, Yooa?"

 

"No way. She finally gave up after Seulgi-unnie told her no like 20 times."

 

Seulgi just looks at the two younger teens in amusement as they bicker back and forth about who it could be.

 

"Hey, what about Jongin? He's always smiling at her and stuff."

 

"Guys no. He is my best friend, like a brother to me. No, just no."

 

"Yea. Plus it's got to be a girl with the attention to detail and the nice notes."

 

Seulgi finds herself in agreement with them. However, they are also quickly running out of names of the girls they know.

 

"Ah, this is complicated." Seulgi sighs. "I'm about to just set up a camera in my locker. That way I'll see whoever it is."

 

"Unnie that's brilliant!"

 

"I never thought I'd see this day come. Seulgi-unnie with a smart idea." Joy wipes away mock tears.

 

"Yah, you kids, so mean." The brunette adds then watches as they run off together. No doubt to go find a video camera. Seulgi decides to leave them be. They will do what they want to anyway.

 

Joohyun leaves school with a torn heart. She knows Jessica is right and that she should confess. Joohyun is just terrified of the possible rejection. Seulgi is popular, charismatic, and a lot of people want her. Joohyun is known for being the Vice President of the student council. The girl with the perfect A+ GPA and bookworm. Logically she probably shouldn't have a chance with her. No matter how badly she wants one and feels that they could be great together, turning a corner and not paying attention. She collides with a body.

 

"Ow...." Joohyun complains, rubbing her arm. The notices a familiar brunette on the ground too.

 

"Oh, my gosh Seulgi. I'm so so sorry." She repeats. Her eyes drift to the fact that Seulgi's shirt is riding up and all she sees is abs, glorious abs.

 

"Oh my god, damn." Joohyun bites down subconsciously on her lip. Seulgi is just looking at Joohyun with a questioning gaze. There is something familiar about her to Seulgi, specifically her voice and that apology.

 

"Irene, it’s okay. I'm fine, there’s no harm done. Are you alright?" She helps the blonde up and sees if she's been injured in anyway.

 

"Oh. I'm fine I just wasn't paying attention. Are you sure that you're okay?"

 

"Yes, thank you." Joohyun smiles as Seulgi thanks her, and she’s glad the taller girl is not hurt.

 

"You should be careful okay." Seulgi tells her and gives her a smile in return.

 

That's when it hits the monolid teen. She has never really seen the blonde with many other students. "Um, so I only really see you with Jessica-unnie. Would you like to have lunch with Joy, Yeri, and I tomorrow. If you want to that is."

 

Joohyun is very, very red at the thoughts of spending her lunch with her longtime crush. Seulgi looks concerned by this. "Are you okay? You're really red." Seulgi ends up touching her face. Joohyun feels faint with those soft, gentle hands touching her face.

 

"I'm fine, um yeah. I'd like to have lunch with you and your friends."

 

"Great." Seulgi smiles kindly. "I know they have a bit of a rep around school. But they're not so bad I promise. Oh, and since I've been getting these really great desserts every day so far. You're welcome to have one."

 

The raven would have laughed on the spot. It was just so absurd having one of her own desserts. Only of course, Seulgi had no idea that she was the secret admirer.

 

"Thank you." Joohyun politely smiles. "I'll see you at school tomorrow."

 

Seulgi nods and waves her goodbye. Yet, she can't shake the feeling how familiar Joohyun feels to her. They never interacted much until now but....Seulgi can't help but to feel she knows her from somewhere.

 


 

 

On the third day Joohyun makes cute, individual tarts with various fruits on each one. She only writes one final note and seals it in a purple envelope. This time instead of putting it into her locker. She will hand the box over to Seulgi herself, nerves be damned. She is bracing herself for the potential rejection. Seulgi is so nice that she is suret if she gets rejected it will probably go down as the nicest one in history.

 

"Ok, Hyun you got this." She tries to pump herself up.

 

Seulgi racked her brain for answers as to why Irene seemed so familiar. She couldn't even concentrate when Jessica was calling out to her.

 

"Seul, are you okay?

 

"No, not really. I keep trying to figure out why Irene seems so familiar to me."

 

The brunette freezes at that. It would be so easy to tell her that Irene is Joohyun, and Joohyun is Irene. They are one in the same of course the girl is blonde now, so that alone is probably throwing Seulgi off.

 

"Why don't you just ask her, Seulgi?"

 

"I mean I guess that I could. I still have to find out who is leaving me dessert."

 

It takes everything within the council president to not facepalm. Joohyun is Irene, who is the one leaving Seulgi desserts. Simple enough no? She sends a text to Joohyun that she will make sure that Seulgi is alone today at lunch. This way she has no reason not to confess to Seulgi already, especially if she's nervous about being surrounded by people.

 

"Oh, I'm sure you'll find out the answers to both soon, Seul." Jessica promises.

 

 


 

 

The monolid teen finds that through the day she can't concentrate, even in her art and dance classes. Joy texts her saying that they can't meet for lunch because Jessica needs her and Yeri for something. She doesn't go into more details and Seulgi doesn't push. She invited Irene so it will be just the two of them. Seulgi waits outside at a lunch table for the bespectacled girl. She eventually does see the familiar blonde looking for her, and is carrying a purple tote bag in her hand and looks around. Seulgi can't help but smile at how adorable the blonde looks.

 

"Hey, Irene. I'm over here."

 

Joohyun smiles relieved and makes her way to Seulgi. This is now or never. "Hi Seulgi. Would you mind maybe taking a walk with me."

 

"Oh, sure."

 

The monolid teen gets up and walks off with her until they stop just near the school track field. There is no one around right now so it's perfect.  She doesn't want anyone to see her cry if she ends up in tears over this.

 

"Why are we here?"

 

"I need to talk to you. It's really important and I don't want to lose my nerve."

 

Seulgi places a gentle hand to the bespectacled girl's shoulder. "Sure what do you need to say?"

 

The blonde breathes deeply and takes out a familiar purple box. "Irene, do you know the person that's sending those?"

 

Joohyun nods then carefully hands the dessert box over. "Open it okay."

 

"Um, sure." Seulgi does to see all the bright colored tarts and the note. "Irene?"

 

"Please read it first."

 

Seulgi does. "To Kang Seulgi, the kindest, sweetest bear I know. I've had feelings for you since we were in middle school. They haven't gone away and they probably never will. I really care about you Seulgi. I just don't like you because you're an amazing dancer, gorgeous and popular, like most people do. I like you because you're so kind, sweet and beautiful inside and out. Because I care about you so much. I couldn't find any other way to express myself but to bake. Something that I love for someone that I love. Will you please be mine,

Bae Irene

 

Seulgi is honestly so touched. Never had she received such a heartwarming, emotional confession like this.

 

"Bae? That was Joohyun’s last name." Seulgi thinks to herself.

 

"Irene, this is...wow. I almost don't know what to say."

 

"Okay then. Let me talk before I really lose my nerve and run away. As you see I've been the one putting desserts in your locker. I was too shy to admit that I like you, but I do. I more than like you." Joohyun smiles. "I care about you so much. I'm really sorry to just spring my feelings onto you like this. But I just had to tell you."

 

Seulgi to her surprise hugs her. "Oh...." Seulgi's arms feel really nice wrapped around her. She has always imagined what this would feel like. It was truly like a warm, bear hug indeed.

 

"You're very sweet for going through all of this trouble."

 

"It's not trouble when I really like to bake."

 

"Everything was really delicious."

 

They pull away and Seulgi is smiling. It is not a rejection so far, Joohyun notices.

 

"Before I say anything, you really remind me of someone. I tried so hard to think of who, and I think I remember. You remind me of someone really cute, adorable, and sweet that I kind of lost touch with. She kind of accidentally spilled her lunch on me one day, and I guess that made her nervous to talk to me again."

 

Joohyun’s mouth drops. Does this mean that Seulgi remembers who she is? "Seulgi?"

 

The brunette responds with a hand on to her cheek. "Are you, Joohyun?"

 

Joohyun is at a lost for words. Out of all the possible scenarios she ran in her head prior to this. She didn't expect this, with Seulgi touching her so warmly she can't help her reddened cheeks.

 

"If I admit that I am. Will you leave because of how embarrassing I was then?"

 

The monolid gir laughs. "No, of course not. You left in such a hurry that I never got to tell you that it was okay. And I wasn't upset, surprised maybe, but not angry."

 

"You're very nice that way."

 

"Hey, you too. You made me dessert from scratch. Honestly the most that I could have done then is draw you a picture or maybe share some of my pringles."

 

Wait, hold everything. Is Seulgi admitting that she likes her too? It sure sounds like she is, but Joohyun’s erves and uncertainty gets the best of her.

 

"Seulgi, do you....?"

 

"I honestly had a huge crush on you back then, Joohyun. You were so nice, cute, and well I was just way too shy back then to really talk to you."

 

Joohyun is internally cheering that her one and only crush returned her feelings. "But.. wait, you had a crush?"

 

"I never stopped liking you, Joohyun." she smiles. "You just look so different now. It's a good different." Seulgi admits while running a hand through her blonde locks.

 

“I can't believe how much time I wasted."

 

Seulgi takes hold of the blonde's hands. "We probably shouldn't waste any more. We have at least 5 years of catching up to do?”

 

"Yes." Joohyun hugs her and actually kisses her cheek. She is feeling very brave right now, and she had really wanted to kiss her lips but certainly didn't want to scare Seulgi off in anyway. They soon just sit together and share some of the tarts Joohyun made.

 

"Hey,”  the brunette smiles. "I'm your lovely bear."

 

"Ugh." Joohyun sighs in embarrassment, covering her face. "I probably won't be escaping that ever. Well you do look like a very cute bear."

 

Seulgi has heard that before and she does agree. It definitely sounds different when it comes from Joohyun though.

 

"I like the sound of that."

 

"What, that you're a lovely bear?"

 

"No." Seulgi takes one of the bespectacled girls hands in her own. "That I'm yours, Joohyun."

 

The blonde's face explodes red and she leans forward, throwing all caution to the wind, and captures Seulgi's lips in a kiss. There is surprise at first but Seulgi carefully cups her face in her hands and returns Joohyun’s kiss. When they break away Seulgi is grinning.

 

"Wow, couldn't wait to do that, huh?"

 

"No." The shorter girl laughs. "I've wanted to kiss you for so long, and when you said that you were mine. I got a little ahead of myself."

 

Seulgi kisses her again, softer with feather light kisses that heated up just a tad. Joohyun happily leans into the kiss more. Seulgi's lips feel so nice against hers, like they were supposed to meet hers. "Was it everything you thought it be?"

 

"Yes and more."

 

"Probably should have went on a date first no?"

 

Joohyun grabs her hand and pulls her along. "Then let's go now." She says excited. "The sooner the better."

 

Seulgi smiles and allows herself to be dragged off. Joohyun is really too adorable for words. "Slow down, Hyunnie."

 

She does when she hears that nickname. "Hyunnie?"

 

"Yea, it's cute, just like you. Do you not like it?"

 

"I do. I like it. I've been going by Irene for so long, and it’s nice to hear my name., I don't know it sounds so much better when you say it."

 

Seulgi responds by squeezing her hand. "I have a better one."

 

"Oh?" She turns and they're looking at one another. "I think I have one for you too."

 

"Can I go first?" Seulgi asks hopefully.

 

"Sure.”

 

Seulgi leans close and pecks her lips again. "Girlfriend?" The blonde whispers hopefully.

 

Joohyun throws herself into the taller girls arms and wraps her arms around her neck. They kiss again, much more intense than the first few times.

 

"Girlfriend." Joohyun nods against her lips. Seulgi is her girlfriend, and she can’t think of a better title, oh maybe wife one day, but that’ll be one day down the line.

 

A/N: Oh too sweet lol. Hope it was enjoyed.