GAME OVER

Game Over

The path gets more narrow and the trees get more dense. It feels like a dream, the further down you go, the further it feels like you walk from reality.

"The path by the old swing is so calming! It will help you distress." a friend had told you earlier. You had decided to take their advice, school had been too much and you just needed some fresh air. Maybe you took a wrong turn, because this doesn't feel anywhere near calm. If anything you feel a sense of dread, like the world isn' real.

"Welcome" A dark voice suddenly says. You jump and turn around. A big circus tent appears in front of you; the man behind the voice was nowhere to find. When and how did that tent appear?!

You could've sworn it was just dense bushes and tall trees just a moment ago. It also feels a lot colder. 

"Why don't you come inside?" The voice suddenly whispers in your ear. You jump again, the man once again gone. Were you going insane?

Despite the alarms in your head saying that this is dangerous, you feel completely drawn to the tent. You decide to walk inside. Everything feels like it's not real anyways, so why not? 

The inside is lit up in such a way it feels magical.

You look around and decides to sit down. It was all so organized in a chaotic matter, it feels both satisfying and uneasy. 

The lights go out.

A spotlight appears, and its on a man wearing a mask and a hat."What you're seeing is who I am, so take a guess. Who am I this time?" It's the same voice as earlier. He takes off his mask, and you're immediately drawn to the man's beautiful features. He's just a boy, probably around your age.

Then he looks up and he smiles such a beautifully wicked smile, and you wonder whether you should continue to admire him, or run for your life. 

He smile wider, but it doesn't reach his eyes. He tilt his head and you feel tense.

He mouths the words "Get away", it kinda creeps you out. 

Suddenly he's next to you.

"I'm the ring leader here and I'm quite dangerous, you should keep your distance." he says with his wicked smile again. You feel conflicted and confused. You want to leave, but also stay.

His face suddenly goes disorted, his voice darker. It's like he's fighting himself. You're shocked, but you find yourself not moving. He goes back to his charming yet creepy self and you almost feel like you're trapped in a trance now.

"In the blink of an eye, I can change my face... " He winks and you find yourself even more drawn to him.

You lock eyes and the chills go down your spine. He leans in, smiling with another beautiful yet dangerous smile. The circus tent feels less real all of a sudden.

The lights go dim and it feels even more like some kind of dream. His expression changes, worry flooding his eyes. "Get away!" He says, then his expression changes again. His eyes, they're almost alluring. He pulls you in and then he whispers "Game over."

 

...

 

"Hey are you alright?" You open your eyes and the first you see is the ring master you saw in the circus tent, only this time he's wearing regular clothes; looking more normal.. Seeming more.. Real.. The circus tent gone, like it had never existed.

"I was walking the path over there and I saw you fall, are you okay?" You feel confused, but nod. He helps you up and points to the shortes way out of the path. You thank him and start walking away.

"Oh and by the way!" The man says, making you stop and you turn around to face him. 

"Game Over" he says in a darker voice. The last thing you remember is that beautifully wicked smile.