What were we thinking

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, finally I’m around to this one on my list. It’s not meant to be anything long either so I think by chapter three it’ll be finished. Please enjoy

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, sleepyRu, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78,, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, pinkpinkypin, 112714, TwFishy, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Alexausta, and Megankind. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^




 

Bae Joohyun couldn’t believe herself. What was she thinking in the first place when she agreed to pose for Seulgi? She really should have thought this out better. It’s one thing to pose for her friend if she didn’t have romantic feelings for her. It’s an entirely different one to agree to pose when she has romantic feelings for Seulgi.

 

“What were you thinking, Hyun?” She sighs and lays her head down on the desk in her bedroom. The truth of the matter is she is extremely nervous right now, and she hasn’t even officially met with Seulgi yet to begin the process. They haven’t officially made a plan on when to meet. Seulgi has been held up with her classes and extracurricular activities and Joohyun as well has been busy too. They’ll have to talk soon to figure out when to start because Seulgi needs the time to finish her final project.

 

Joohyun wants to help Seulgi because she cares about her. At the same time the dark-haired girl doesn’t know how she’s going to actually get through the actual drawing sessions.

 

“This would be a lot easier if I didn’t have feelings for her.”

 

But she does have feelings for Seulgi. Being around Seulgi in a normal situation gives her butterflies. How in the world can she pose for Seulgi and ignore those butterflies that will be there?

 

Joohyun can remember a time a while back when she realized for sure Kang Seulgi was the person she cared for as more than just a friend, and someone she wanted to one day be with in a relationship.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joohyun had to stay later after school because she is the student government president and with that responsibility came a lot of late days after school. Joohyun doesn’t mind the late days sometimes as the fact she’s student government and president will look good on her college application for when she gets ready to look into schools. The downside is that lately she’s been so busy she hasn’t been spending much time with her best friend Seulgi. Seulgi is always considerate and kind when she tells her that she understands. Joohyun still misses her and hopes that once things slow down she’ll be hanging out with the monolid girl again.

 

Joohyun takes a look at her watch and knows she won’t be done yet.

 

“I didn’t even have time to eat lunch.” Joohyun sighs. She is feeling hungry and hopes to be done with her work soon. But there’s a knock at the office door and as if Seulgi heard her thoughts there’s her slightly taller friend with takeout for her.

 

“Seul?” Joohyun looks surprised. “You’re still in school?”

 

“My dance class ended a little later than usual. I know you probably didn’t have time to eat yet either, Ms. President.” Seulgi smiles warmly and places the takeout on the table. Joohyun isn’t surprised by this behavior because Seulgi is a truly thoughtful and kind person.

 

“Thank you, Seul. I will eat this well.”

 

“Don’t work too long, Hyun. Even presidents of student governments need a break too.”

 

Joohyun promises that she will not stay much longer and she will take a break too eat. Seulgi leaves only after she is sure Joohyun will do what she just said.

 

“I’ll find out if you didn’t, Joohyun.” She says it in a way that Joohyun knows Seulgi can easily find out as she is a well-liked and popular student, so it wouldn’t be difficult for her to find out information. Joohyun does take a break like she said to eat and that’s when she notices a purple note fall out of her bag.

 

“You are always doing something for the good of all us students here at school. I just wanted to do something for you, even if it’s just making sure you eat.

 

  Seulgi”


 

Joohyun can feel her cheeks heat up. Seulgi is such a sweetheart and she would make the best girlfriend. It’s here Joohyun realizes that she has feelings for her best friend that go beyond platonic.

 

“I really like you, Seul.”


 

(End)

 

Because of her fear of a possible rejection Joohyun never admitted to her feelings, even though she will drop hints in hopes Seulgi will catch on. Seulgi never catches on and Joohyun knows she’s going to have to probably one day admit her feelings.

 

“First, you have to be brave enough to pose for her drawing. What was I thinking?”


 

Joohyun isn’t the only one who is questioning her reasons. Seulgi is freaking out as well because what on earth would possess her to ask Joohyun of all the people in the entire world to pose for her. Seulgi knows she has feelings for Joohyun. She’s only liked her best friend since their high school days and it will be difficult to ignore said feelings when she’s trying to draw the most beautiful girl she has ever seen.

 

“You’re so stupid, Seulgi.” The blonde girl groans and places her head down on the table. She has to be the stupidest person in the world to suggest Joohyun pose for her.

 

“It would be easier if you didn’t have feelings for her.”

 

Of course it would be much easier if Seulgi didn’t have romantic feelings for Joohyun. She could just draw her, not feel anything, and pass her class without any issues. Seulgi remembers she needs to call Joohyun and figure out a good time for them to begin. She still has time before the art project is due. But Seulgi would rather not wait until the last minute. She’ll need all the courage she can get in order to pull this off.

 

“Maybe it won’t be so bad.” The art major tries to think positively. Seulgi picks up her phone and is about to call Joohyun. The monolid girl loses her nerve and puts the phone down. She repeats this several times before finally hitting call on the phone and waiting for what feels like the longest minutes of her life.

 

“Hello?” She hears Joohyun answer and her heart skips several beats. It’s amazing what one person’s voice can do to another. Seulgi is way more affected by Joohyun’s voice than she would probably like to admit. Her best friend has this soft and sweet tone that is soothing to the ears. Sometimes Seulgi will ask if Joohyun can sample some of her songs for her just to hear her sing.

 

“Hi, Hyun.” Seulgi speaks and is proud that she isn’t stuttering or sounding as nervous as she feels.

 

“Hey, Seul. Are you ready to get started on your art project?”

 

Now Joohyun may sound confident on the phone but the truth is she’s far from it. She is nervous and hopes Seulgi isn’t picking up on it. All she wants to do is help her friend no matter how nervous she is. Joohyun hopes her desire to help Seulgi outweighs how anxious she truly feels inside.

 

“Yes, that’s why I was calling. I wanted to see if this Saturday works for you? You can come here to my apartment. We can order takeout and just make a day of it. Does that sound okay?”

 

“It sounds great, Seul. I’ll bring some snacks or drinks too. I’ll see you then, okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll see you then, Hyun. Thank you again for agreeing to help me.”

 

“No worries, Seul. I want to help. Let’s talk later.”

 

“Okay, bye Hyun.”

 

They both end the call at the same time. Seulgi takes a deep breath in relief. She is proud that she said everything without getting nervous. But now she has to prepare for this coming Saturday. Joohyun has been over before for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes they would have binge marathons and stay up until all sorts of hours. There were also times of random study sessions where they would spend hours at a time studying. But this Saturday would be completely different from any of the other times Joohyun comes over.

 

“Hey, it’s only your best friend whom you have feelings for. You can do this, Seul.” The monolid tries to give herself a small pep talk. Seulgi feels like she might need some advice from an older friend.


 

Seulgi isn’t the only one who has similar thoughts. Joohyun as well thinks she needs to get some advice from an older friend of hers. There’s only so much she can talk about this within her own friend group. Joohyun makes plans to meet for dinner later with her friend who knows Seulgi too. They can talk and maybe Joohyun can get some advice on ways to help her move forward with the situation.

 

“Are you busy later?” Joohyun wonders as she asks her friend. “I would like to meet for dinner and talk. I could really use some wise advice.”

 

“Wise advice?” The older woman on the other end chuckles in amusement. “How old do you think I am, Hyun?”

 

Joohyun facepalms on the other end of the line. Perhaps, she shouldn’t have worded it quite like that.

 

“You know what I mean.” She laughs. “I just need some help with a problem.”
 

“Is this a problem or a girl problem?”

 

“A girl problem.”

 

“Well, why didn’t you just say so, Joohyun. You know I’m always free for you. Let’s meet for dinner and we can discuss this girl problem of yours. It wouldn’t happen to have anything to do with our Seul, huh?”

 

Joohyun wants to be surprised but can she truly be surprised? Anyone with eyes should be able to see she has feelings for her best frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter