Will you pose for me?

Art of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I have also had this idea laying around for some time as well. And got around to making it more readable. It was intended to be a oneshot but it will be a few parts long. I hope you will find some enjoyment out of this.

 

Even though her art classes had ended hours ago Kang Seulgi’s mind was still wandering back to it. Her professor Kim Taeyeon had proposed a huge final art project for them that was due by or before the very last day of the semester. The class has the freedom to choose what they want to create. Seulgi generally loved it whenever they had the choice to choose anything, because she could usually come up with something from her imagination on the spot. Only now the blonde art major had no idea what to do. She has no immediate idea on what she could possibly draw. Sometimes having a choice gives you so many options, you don’t know what to do with.

 

She’s been hanging out at her best friend Joohyun’s place. Relatively zoned out from the time she got here.

 

“Seul, where are you right now?” her small, raven-haired friend asked. Right away Joohyun places both feet into the blonde’s lap. That gets her attention, having something dropped in her lap so suddenly.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie!”

 

She laughs, “What? You’re comfortable, but no seriously what’s on your mind? You’ve been somewhere else since you got here, when you should be enjoying my always wonderful presence.”

 

Seulgi looks away quickly, hoping that Joohyun has not seen her blushing cheeks. She has only had feelings for her best friend since middle school. Feelings that started off as any crush that grew stronger over the years. Seulgi has been doing a pretty good job overall, trying not to make it obvious that she has such strong feelings for Joohyun. Yet, sometimes well truthfully a lot of the times. When it’s just her and Joohyun. All other rational thoughts go out the window and all the feelings she’s worked so hard to keep hidden threaten to rise back up.

 

It had been way too easy to develop feelings for her. Bae Joohyun was the definition of sweet, thoughtful, and kind. All of these and more wrapped in one small package. She always made sure that everyone was okay before ever thinking of herself. Sometimes, the blonde would find herself getting lost in her warm, bright eyes and remind herself to look away. So she doesn’t get caught staring too much. Only most times she does get caught looking at her. And the shorter girl would look at her, smiling warmly asking if she was alright. Kind of like right now.

 

“Seul, are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine. Sorry,  I'm just thinking about my art class today.”

 

“Why, did something happen?”

 

“Not exactly. Professor Kim just gave us this big assignment we need to do by the end of the semester. I have no idea what I should draw.”

 

“Oh.” Joohyun nods in understanding. She has had similar experiences in her songwriting classes. Where she’s had to write lyrics on the spot or even given time to write them. It was often hard to do, but then she’d also just think of Seulgi, and from there lyrics would just come. She could write songs about Seulgi all the time. There are actually a few lyrics she has written very obviously about her blonde friend, only has never admitted it to her.  Joohyun would just call it her journal, when it’s really so much more than that.

 

Because very much like the artist. The music major has been holding on to her own feelings for her best friend. She doesn’t think Seulgi is on to her though. As for the most part Kang Seulgi is very oblivious. You could flirt with her all day and she wouldn’t right away get it. Joohyun knows because she had tried it once. Seulgi just took it all for her being her usual kind, affectionate self. She doesn’t right away get that all of those longing glances, extra touches, or the amount of care that the raven shows her on a regular basis. Is very different from the kind she shows towards their mutual friends. Seulgi is different from any other friend, and whenever they are alone, Joohyun has to often try to tell her beating hard to calm down.

 

Unless Seulgi finally ends up hearing how loud her heart races whenever she’s near the artist. So far so good though. Since her heart has been throbbing and doing somersaults in her chest ever since Seulgi got here. Especially when they are sitting on her couch like this.

 

“Seul. You know, you’re really good at drawing. I know that you’ll come up with something amazing. What does it have to be?”

 

“Anything we want. Professor Kim gave us freedom here, so that should be interesting.”

 

“Then that’s even better. You’re not restricted to what it is you have to draw. Just try not to overthink it. You’ll be great.”

 

The raven sounds so sure, so positive. Then again though, Joohyun has always been her biggest supporter. She always made the blonde feel as if she could do anything. Even when she herself didn’t believe it. Joohyun was right there with comforting words or some fresh baked dessert to make her feel better in case she felt badly enough. As for Joohyun, the fantastic baking prodigy anything sweet could cure any type of sadness.

 

It worked both ways though. Seulgi was always right there for her too. Anytime the music major had a performance. Seulgi was there always cheering the loudest for her. Somehow, no matter what Joohyun would always catch her monolid eyes in the crowd. Loud cheering or not her eyes would automatically go for Seulgi. And when she would catch her smiling face it always made her feel as if she could sing 100 more songs. And still be okay afterwards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter