My Angel

Guardian Angel

As he walked through the airport in Seattle there was only one face he wanted to see, there was no denying that he wanted to see his mum that he wanted her to say everything would be okay, but there was one special girl who he needed to feel better again. 

 

Jay Park and Aalia had been raised together and even when Jay had left to fulfil his dream in Korea Aalia had been the only friend to support him whole heartedly. Just as Jay was dying to see Aalia, she was equally as anxious to see him. As his best friend she felt as if she had failed him in some way by not being there completely for him when everything had happened.  Even though they no longer lived in the same continent it hadn’t changed how close they were. And even though he was the oppa it didn’t stop her feeling like she needed to protect him. She was known by everyone who knew the pair as Jay Park’s Guardian angel; she always solved the problems that Jay had whether Jay realised she was doing it or not.

 

The first person Jay spotted in the airport had been his mum. Luckily not many fans had turned up to see him arrive. The reunion between him and his family had been an emotional one for the most part, mainly due to his mum and aunties tears. Even as he hugged his way through his family who turned up he couldn’t help but look over all there shoulders in hope of seeing her. His mum pulled him back into a hug after his uncle had finished trying to make him feel better.

“She’s at our house” his mum whispered in his ear “She didn’t want to disturb this time with your family. She wouldn’t listen to me when I said that you would be looking for her more then anyone”

Jay wanted to deny the claim but the knowing smile on his mum’s face as she let him go from the hug told him there was no use. There was no denying that even though he wanted to see his parents and the rest of his family, the thing he wanted to do more was to wrap his arms around Aalia as she told him everything would be okay.

 

Waiting in Jay’s house was not a new experience for Aalia even when he wasn’t here she would still come over randomly to eat with his parents. Their families were close, her mum being Jay’s mums best friend, and when her mum had died from cancer and her dad became an alcoholic his mum had pretty much adopted her to become part of the family. This time it was different though. This time she was waiting for a distressed Jay who had gone over so many hardships this last week then he had ever gone through in his life. She felt guilty that she couldn’t be there for him throughout all his problems, she felt bad that she wasn’t there when the situation had unfolded.

 

She loved Jay Park and not just as a best friend, she had always loved him. When she was younger it had just been a crush on her best friend, but now at age of 21 she realised that the love she had for him was deeper then a crush. It was deeper then any feeling she had ever had for a boy. She also knew that she could never love anyone as much as she loved him. It broke her heart when he left for Korea but she hadn’t let him see that. What kind of friend would she had been if she told him he couldn’t go, she supported his dream wholeheartedly and his mum had been the only one who had seen through her façade understanding how much the little girl she had helped raise loved her son.

 

The door unlocking made Aalia’s heart start pounding, she realised she now had no escape there was no where she could run to get away from the situation at hand. She stood up to greet all the family to be met by a hand dragging her out of the room just as the words hello could be heard. Before Aalia brain could process what had just happened she was dragged into Jay’s old room and pulled into a hug.

 

“I missed you” Jay murmured in her ear.

 

She knew Jay didn’t know about the feelings in which she had for him, so he didn’t understand how when he held her and said things to her like that it drove her insane. She told him how much she had missed him and even though it went without saying how sorry she was about everything that had happened in Korea. He pulled her tighter to him but didn’t speak. She rubbed his back in attempts to calm him. She knew he wouldn’t cry, he was probably all cried out but he was definitely still hurting inside after the scandal in which he had just gone through.

 

“I guess it worked out how it needed to work out” he spoke softly a while later, “Maybe this all happened so I could come home and see my family, and you”

 

She smiled at what he said; he always had a way of giving her butterflies even in serious situations. She couldn’t help the butterflies that came as she thought about him wanting to come home especially for her. They joked around some more, Aalia realising that Jay wasn’t ready to talk about what had happened in Korea yet with anyone even if it was her.

 

“Remember when we was in high school” Jay started with a smile on his face, as he sat on his bed facing Aalia “Everyone thought we was a couple, I couldn’t get a date to the prom because everyone thought we was going together”

 

“Ya you act like that was my fault” Aalia replies playfully glaring at him, “If I remember correctly Oppa it was you who threatened every boy who asked me”

 

“Well it’s not my fault” Jay answered with a smile on his face “None of them where good enough for you, still aren’t good enough for you for that matter”

 

“And you get to decide who’s good for me huh” Aalia asks while hitting him

 

“There is no one in this world good enough for you” Jay replies, suddenly looking serious, “But I guess I’d be a good start”

 

Aalia laughs a dry awkward laugh, when she realised Jay Park’s expression hadn’t changed she realised just how serious she was being. Since she had fallen in love with him she had always imagined this day to come. But in her dreams it never came after something this serious had happened and it had never happened with Jay actually being serious.

 

“I can’t believe its taken me ruining my career to realise what is right in front of me” Jay starts again, holding Aalia hand staring at her fingers and nails to scared to look her in the eye, “When it had came out about my scandal there had been only one person who I wanted to be beside me, not having you there killed me. When I got off the plane there was only one face I wanted to see, one face I needed to see and when you wasn’t there I still didn’t feel complete. For the first time in such a long time I felt complete when I hugged you”

 

Aalia sat frozen, frozen in fear of him changing his mind and frozen as she couldn’t believe he had just confessed to her.  She unfroze as she felt Jay’s lips make contact with her own, unwilling to let the chance go by she kissed him back savouring every part of him. Jay pulled back resting his forehead against hers.

 

“Aalia you have always been my Guardian Angel but I want you to be more then that” Jay started. Aalia breath hitched in again as she waited for him to finish his sentence. “I know I have nothing special to offer you but I’ve been in love with you since is saw Ant asking you to a date for prom and I knew that I couldn’t let you go with him. Rather then admit my feelings to you I ran away to fulfil my dream leaving a large part of me here”

 

Aalia leans forward kissing Jay softly on her lips, she’d dreamed of this for such a long time that she didn’t want to lose this feeling.

 

“Aalia Baby please say you will be my girlfriend”