Just A Kiss

Just A Kiss

 

 

"How many gifts have you already opened?" Junsu asks to his cousin.

"I don't know... I stopped counting around sixty" Jaejoong answers, throwing another box to the side grinning "it's not my fault that people love me this much... look at this, it's a glass-" but all Junsu can see is the shattered glass on the floor with only a goose head still visible.

"It was a beautiful goose of glass given to you for someone you don't even remember I guess, Mr-I'm-loved-by-everyone-but-I-don't-love-anyone" Junsu says rolling his eyes while tries to imagine how in the world someone could think that it was a good idea a so delicate present for his clumsy cousin.

"That's no fair, I do love people... I have my family, some good friends, some of the workers at home, some good people I came to meet, my horse, my kittens and you of course."

"I'll try not to be offended for not being counted as your family, your friend or a good person and being just after your kittens... the point is, that I don't get it, why people are still giving you gifts even when they know that you only care for the presents... oh that one is pretty, oops, it fell down!" the boy says trying not to laugh before Jaejoong’s expressions looking at the crashed ceramic on the floor next to the glass.

"I liked that elephant a lot you know? Besides, you're my most loved friend, you're my best friend after all."

"I'm your only friend if you don't count your awful kittens" Junsu says still annoyed.

"You know I have many friends and now, I am who should be mad at you for being so mean... but instead and as the great friend that I am, I'll let you take one of my gifts as a peace present." Jaejoong says smiling to his cousin who is obviously upset.

"Ok, sorry for saying you don't have friends. Let me see which one I can take” Junsu takes a music box with a rabbit on the top “I think I'll take this one."

"Really?” Jaejoong looks to the music box and says “I like that too much, take another please."

"Then this one" Junsu then takes a belt but seeing Jae still hesitant decides go for a small metallic horse "ok, this little one" and after seeing the frown on Jaejoong's forehead Junsu is angrier than before when says "do you really want me to take one of these or not? Because I'm this close to throw all your gifts for the window" he makes a sign with his thumb and index finger.

"Take this one” Jae says giving him a hat in a box “geez you're so intense, makes me remember my father."

"Your father?” taking the hat and trying it satisfied “What's up with him?"

"The same as always, you know the thing of 'when I was your age, I already took care of my father's lands and have my own family, you were three by then... when will you grew up?' As I was a stupid brat, I'm too young 'times had changed old man' I said and then...” Jaejoong sighs deeply knowing that Junsu understands what happened “That's why we are here for three hours already, I don't wanna be near dad when he is in one of his 'what I did to deserve this' attacks, you know. Moreover I know that he was way older than what I am when he and my mom got married. He doesn't want people to know that he’s older than he claims and when I told him that, things went uglier."

"You should be more caring with uncle Tae, besides he's right, you should take more responsibilities here... being the only son of Lord Kim Tae Il is a big deal" Junsu says with a knowing smile that Jaejoong hates too much.

"Then you should be worried too, isn't your father a Lord Kim too?" Sticking out his tongue and looking at a new black shirt from his gifts.

"The best way to show your maturity" Junsu replies sticking out his tongue too "I have five older siblings, all of them single so I can say that thanks to them and my always loving mother I don't have to worry at least for a couple of years more... and of course I'm already a big help for my father with his wine business... and you well, you have more suitors than productive days" he laughs seeing his cousin's face of disbelief.

"I'm very useful at home too with my undeniable managing skills, what is more, I'm always the best in any field I’ve tried till now, so it's just a matter of time. When dad tells me that I have to succeed him, I'll show him how good I am in anything" the older boy says smirking self-sufficiently.

"Except in archery, horse riding, DANCING… or infinity of things that require good coordination" mocking his cousin was just too fun.

"DANCING?” Jaejoong asks visible annoyed “Who cares about something so useless? Like I care if I can dance perfectly, it's more about fun, you know? So it doesn't matter if you know all the dance steps."

"I bet it would be funnier for you if you weren't so clumsy... if you could be as good dancing as a certain neighbor we both know" Junsu knows perfectly how to make Jaejoong furious, well he is still mad about the kittens issue.

"Like hell I want to be like him in any way" an angry Jaejoong yells "he can dance and ride his horse and do his perfect archery till death if he want... even better, he can dance with a horse and receive an arrow in his stupid head if you like it" tearing the head of an elephant plushy that he’s been grabbing.

"But I like Yunho... everybody likes him and you know it wasn't his fault that you fail so miserably three proofs on one day" the younger says trying to calm down his cousin that now is tearing the elephant's fluffy body "if you didn't want it, you could have given that to me."

"I was going to throw it anyway, it's from that Park's party who tried to messing around with me so I didn't want it and you neither... I don't accept gifts from idiots, and that reminds me, I don't have more suitors than productive days!"

"Yeah, Jae, you do have –too many suitors–... you already beaten some of them, like that elephant's guy"

"I don't care who they think they are if they're idiots and try to be sassy with me, of course I'm gonna kick their asses... so what that idiot thought eh? He tried to hug me when I clearly told him ‘no touching’" Jaejoong says annoyed fixing his bangs "do I really look that weak? Like leave them doing whatever they want? I don’t think so. They wanna piss me off then bear the consequences.”

"Personally, even if I didn't meet you... I wouldn't mess up with you, no offense but sometimes -or many- you are some kind of scary" Junsu moving back just a little seeing the glare of his cousin, he certainly can be intimidating.

"That's good... I guess" Jaejoong says returning his attention to his gist while he opens another package just to get mad again viewing its content "who the hell gave me this?!... Direct to the garbage!"

"Oh well... give her some credit,” Junsu says trying to suppress his laugh “maybe she thought that you could give it to your mother I mean if auntie feels like using that kind of lingerie" this time he’s laughing at his cousin's face “look at the note, it says ‘for your girlfriend’ I’m sure it’s her size. You can’t blame her for hoping.”

"I- like hell I would- my mother never-" the older is fuming but tries his best to regain his composure "whatever, too bad I can't- but definitely I'm not receiving anything from her ever again." The stuffed lingerie ends in the trash can next to the table.

"Are you going to visit grandma as you said?" Junsu asks changing topics in hopes to lift his cousin´s mood again; he still looks really offended and seems being planning a murder.

"Yes, I miss her and I think she already ended her last exploring travel to the north forests. Did you ask her to bring you something?" Jaejoong changes his sour expressions thinking in their grandmother.

"Do you think that the only reason I'm telling you about going to her is just because I want you to bringing me my gift? That's bad; I want to know how she’s doing and if she could bring me something that's all" Junsu snorts being the offended one this time.

"I'm sure you requested for some stuffed animal right?" Rolling his eyes "Don't you think you're already too old like collecting that kind of things?"

"As you said it's a collecting matter" Junsu huffs "and I needed that elephant."

"Weren't you trying to get a snake?"

"Yoochun already gave me his snake."

"Oh... I see" Jaejoong says and smirks winking to his cousin.

"I'm talking about a plushy- you ert!" the boy talks back throwing a pillow to his mischievous pal "I think his ex-girlfriend bought it for him so he didn't want it anymore."

"Then he decided to give you his snake" Jae says dodging another pillow "hahaha... you can't blame me."

"You know that you both could be good friends he's a ert too... stop making that face like- when I see him again I'm only gonna think in his snake... dammit!" Junsu hits the other one with another pillow over and over again but he can´t stop his laughter.

"Hahaha... ok ok love and peace. I won’t keep mentioning the snake thing again at least for today” Jaejoong says while his laughter subsides “And I’m not a ert just to be clear” he stands up and takes some boxes that he was putting aside “come help me with these ones. All of them are jewellery and I can't leave them here."

"Why? It's not like your parents will come in your bedroom and steal all your rings or bracelets or whatever you have."

"Mom says that I already have too many of these stuff and that I should stop receiving more and give them away blah blah blah so I can't keep them here" the older says and sighs heading to the door followed by Junsu "I have to get them to my secret place meanwhile I decide what to do with each one."

They go out of the house trying not to cross Jae's parents. After having lunch at the town, Junsu leaves his cousin and goes to his home, it's not like the boxes were too heavy after all, nothing than the older couldn't lift by himself.

Jaejoong arrives to his ‘secret place’ after a little incident tripping with who knows what that sent him to the ground putting him in a bad mood once again, he had to expend too much time collecting all his things. It isn't a very large place, just a little room in a cave with a secret magic entrance he received from his grandpa before he passed away. This place is very important for him as it keeps his more precious things and some extra jewelry because no matter what people think, jewelry isn't his most precious stuff, just a few of them among all he has.

He checks all the new pieces that people gave him, each one of them with a note from the giver. He takes notes, he has to thank them properly and his list is almost complete until a box without any note appears before him, it’s pretty simple and contains an old bracelet in it. Definitely it's not his style at all but well, it's an antique so he could try it and see how it looks but he doesn't have any time because inexplicably he hits his head hard on the floor and loses his conscious.

~~~~~~~~~~

"If you look carefully here, you can see the magic trace. Do you know what it means Kyuhyun?"

"That someone made magic here?...” Kyuhyun tries uncertain “don't look at me like that, I know it's the obvious answer but I'm just an apprentice Changmin" he walks around the place "but I can tell you what kind of magic was... love spell for sure" he says smirking knowingly.

"And how do you exactly know that?” Changmin asks raising an eyebrow “If you are telling me this because you are just watching the remains of the couple doings –eew by the way– then you're not opening your mind as you should."

"Maybe I don't have the 'thing', you know?" the boy says sighing defeated "Maybe I just have to go back to my stall on the town fair to tell the future to the unwary peasants. Sometimes I didn't even lie."

"You can't waste your talent like that, and it's called ability, a gift if you prefer, not a 'thing'" Changmin replies smiling to his friend "You know that I'm naturally gifted to learn quickly and develop my abilities almost without trying, you’re not that good but I can teach you well."

"You aren't that quickly, master always says how lazy you were... by the way, you have a frog on your left shoe."

"Shoo frog, I don't have any appointments with frogs this week" Changmin says while trying to ride off the little being.

"Thank goodness you're here... it's too difficult walking or jumping or whatever I'm doing with these things" the frog says touching his legs.

"Just to be sure Kyuhyun, you can understand it too, right?"

"Yeah, I don't have the ability to talk to animals like you... I have "the future telling thing" so that means it's not a real frog, right?" the younger answers.

"Of course I'm not a real frog, I'm a human being and I want to look like one again so Changmin... change me, like RIGHT NOW" the amphibian yells.

"Oh... so you know me, should I know you as well?" the young sorcerer says dismissively with the frog on his palm.

"I could tell you a couple of things at this moment but I prefer you change me. Stop losing time and HELP ME!!"

"Kim Jaejoong, is that you?... Hahahaha... I did never expect to see you like this. I mean you are the proud and powerful Lord Kim's only son" the tall guy replies laughing before the fuming frog.

"This is the scary guy from that party?" Kyuhyun says and laughs too "well he looks better like this in my opinion."

"I'll deal with you later, it's a promise..." the amphibian retorts seeing how the apprentice gulps and takes his distance from them so he returns his attention to the older sorcerer or apprentice of sorcerer in fact "now I need YOU to change me. DO IT"

"Ok, ok... let's suppose that I'm gonna help you. I need to know how you got into this."

"Is that important? Just say your magic words or use your magic powder or something but do it now... I don't wanna be like this forever... buaaaha"

"Are you crying? -I prefer to ignore your offensive words-"

"I don't know... I don't know if I can cry being a frog... I just wanna go home" the frog says making sobbing sounds.

"But I really need to know what you were doing when this happened. Did you eat or drink something weird? Maybe you were sprayed with a liquid or some dust... or someone told you a spell. I don't know, try to think... it could be clothes, I don't think that it happened at your home because your father has one of the most effective magical protections for your house so think carefully and tell me" Changmin says with a serious tone.

"Well... I have my lunch with my cousin then he went home and I went to this place I only know, I didn't eat nor drink anything different from usual... no one touched me nor approached me so… I don't have idea, besides I have this necklace with the jade stone which is supposed to protect me...” Jaejoong tries to remember “wait a second, when I was on my way to my place -after a little incident on the ground- I found a box without any notes among my things. I don't remember if it was part of the gifts I was carrying... it smelled awful but it was an antique so I wanted to try it and-"

"This place of yours is the room in the cave, right? I thought it was protected too" Changmin says thinking out loud.

"How do you know about my place?” the frog looks at him suspecting how that is possible “And of course it's protected too."

"Oh Pleh-ase Jaejoong, I suppose you know that it was my grandfather who gave this place to your grandpa so obviously, I know everything about it..."

"I need more protection then. You could take my things there at any moment." Jaejoong says with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Like I could be interested on any of your 'treasures' there. I can’t go in, you know? But I know about its existence and protection” Changmin tells him losing his patient “If you have the jade necklace, it has to be something really simple then and if it was an antique the course as well was old for sure, what was there in that box?"

"A bracelet... could it be- I touched it, then I hit my head on the floor and then I fainted."

"Basic protection Jaejoong, it smelled awful and I'm sure that only a label was missing to realize that It was a cursed bracelet."

"Ok, I wasn't caring enough, I shouldn't touch that bracelet... blah blah blah, now change me, I... croak... Oh my gosh, what was that? I'm croaking now? buaaaahaha"

"Stop with that, it's not that serious, maybe being a frog would help you to be nicer, don't you think Kyu?"

Nodding amused then shaking his head seeing the death glare of the frog, Kyuhyun remembers the 'I'll deal with you later' and remains silent.

"I could help you but no more glaring and no more death threatening to my apprentice, come on, froggie, he's only sixteen and you're the first ‘person’ I know who leaves him speechless"

"Then do it quickly please and you don't have to say it like that. I am a PERSON."

"I'll tell you your options" Changmin continues ignoring the frog’s tone. "These three are the quickest as a way to tell. First, you can touch the bracelet again at the same hour of the day... at the same day-"

"You mean that... Do I have to wait for an entire YEAR? Are you insane? Do you expect me being like this all that time? You said 'quickest' don't you?" the furious frog says making all kind of gestures with his frog arms trying to get a hold of more than the thumb of the young sorcerer.

"Calm down frog... what I told you about glaring?" the tall boy lifts the frog at eye level "Second option: I'll give you a potion to cover you up, then you have to be swallowed by a dragon... when you come out, you'll be human again. The potion will prevent you to die while you are inside the dragon and so."

"Are you freaking kidding me? How can I- I mean how it's that even-" the frog fights to be freed from the grasp not being capable to talk properly from his boiling rage "I wish the third option is better" one thing he can still do as a frog is using his murderous look.

"The third one is a lot simpler and easier and quicker but I'm not sure if you'll like it” Changmin says putting the frog on his palm once again not wanting him be more angry “you need a kiss. You can go back to your normal self with a kiss, but-"

"A kiss eh? anyone's kiss? Hey kid, you kiss me now" Jaejoong shout out to Kyuhyun who has been approaching them slowly.

"What?! NO!!... Changmin stop this crazy frog… I don't want to kiss it" Kyuhyun steps back away from the glaring frog.

"It's not like I want to kiss you neither but I'm tired, the town is so far from here and you're already here then well, but if you tell someone you kissed me... I'll kill you, no kidding."

"Stop it Kim, Kyu is not going to kiss you, I won't either so don't look at me like that" taking the frog up from his hand "You need a kiss from a specific person... hmmm... from your rival actually."

"Oh NO... NO... NO" Jaejoong says totally defeated.

Looking at the frog in his hand that now seems frozen. "Kim? if you think about it, it's not that bad. I mean you have to go to him then tell your story and -if you offer him the correct deal- he'll kiss you, you'll become human again, then you can still kiss each other all you want or kill each other… it's your decision" smirking to the astonished frog "Jaejoong... He's the only one who can help you now. You need a Jung Yunho's kiss."

"There's not freaking way I ask a favor to that IDIOT let alone a KISS... I prefer go find a dragon! Anything is better than him."

"Don't talk like that of my friend!" Changmin says coldly returning the death glare to the frog, "you can do whatever you please, but I'll tell you something, you have to wait for the safety potion for the ‘dragon trip’ for a month and let me remind you that I'm not obliged to help you so I WON'T DO THE POTION IF I DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING IT!"

"Gosh... I'm sorry” ‘he spat all over me, he's really furious’ Jaejoong thinks “I'm not gonna say mean things of your friend again when you are with me" a slightly frightened frog says "but -as you know very well- we hate each other, there is no way in hell that I ask him for a kiss or in any case he gives me that kiss" fidgeting his fingers nervously, it's no good making mad the sorcerer "It must be there another option... I can pay you well... I could promise I won't kill this kid for what he said- I... I don't know, just give me other solution please?" Jaejoong says desperately trying his registered pout with his frog lips.

"First of all, don't make that, it's not good, you look scary. Second, you won't touch my apprentice." Kyuhyun can't help but feel relieved, he saw the beaten guy at that Park's party and he's not exactly amused with the idea to take his place on a near future. "And Jaejoong, seriously, these three are your best options. If you really want to try the dragon trip, then you'll have to pay and wait until everything is finished around two months."

"You said one!" Jae cries out but a second later thinks about it better "ok... I'll go to your friend then" totally defeated "but please, could you help me to tell him the story? I don’t want him to think that this is a complex plan to kiss him."

"No, sorry. We lost too much time here, we have to be at the northern town for tomorrow morning and we can't lose our carriage. So, good luck." Changmin says moving away with Kyuhyun.

"Wait, wait, wait a minute. I'm too far from the town and even more from his house l need help... a wild animal could eat me or something or someone could crush me and... You can't go like this... please!"

"You're really lucky right now, besides the fact you are still a frog of course. That's Taepoong" says the young sorcerer whistling to a husky dog that is going back home after its daily walk and comes to them waving its tail happily.

Jaejoong watches how Changmin says something at the dog's ear before caressing its head and then sees himself being secured on the animal’s collar and doesn't have any time to say thanks or good bye before he's heading fast with Taepoong to Jung Yunho's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

This girl is definitely the most superficial among all he has known. Very bad choice asking her going out, now he is trying to figuring out a way to politely say goodbye and go home. That beautiful dog that suddenly saw him and is running to him with all its love reflected on its clear eyes, appears like his salvation.

"I'm sorry Mirah, my dog is coming here I don't know why Taepoongie is out but I need to take it home, you see, I don’t want it to get lost... can I take you home right now?" Yunho asks, looking to the girl who seems annoyed for the interruption of her story of being elected the most beautiful girl on kindergarten.

"I don't like dogs they don't like me neither... so I prefer go home by my own... but before- Yoochun said you are going to give me something I desperately need... give it to me now and you can go with your haired friend" the girl says while looking a bit concerned to the big dog who is now all over its master's face.

"Eeeh...well, you'll see” ‘my friend is a ert’ “I really don't have anything for you." Yunho says apologetically seeing the spark in her eyes.

"A frog."

"Do you want a frog?"

"Your dog has a frog on the neck... why do you put an awful thing like that on him?" Mirah says looking certainly disgusted.

"I don't do that... why would I do that? Of course I didn't" then he removes the little amphibian from Taepoong's collar, maybe it isn't a bad idea giving it to the girl.

"If it's not yours then kill it, it's really disgusting. You should crush it."

"I won't do that. Poor thing." Yunho says feeling the little being trembling in his hand "look at it. It's very pretty for being a frog I mean. It's eyes are amazingly pure and beautiful."

"Eeew... I'll tell everyone that Jung Yunho is going out with a frog."

"Tell everyone that Jung Yunho prefers going out with a frog than with you ever again and that is a fact." He says ignoring the hatred look from the girl "I'm going now. See you Mirah."

After a while of walking he pays attention to his dog again that hasn't stop watching at him.

"She leaves really near and it's still early so... and it's not like I'm going out with this frog for real anyway. Stop looking at me with those judging eyes" Yunho mutters going near to a pond "bye froggie, take care, don't climb up of anyone's dog again it's not safe" he says before throwing the amphibian to the water.

"Oh my gosh Jung!. Don't you see it's frozen? How could you just throw me away like this? Stupid Jung!"

"An enchanted frog?! What the hell!! from now I inform you that I don't make any deals with enchanted creatures specially animals. They use to be the most treacherous among all."

The shivering frog had jumped away from the frozen pond and now is looking to the young man.

"I'm not a treacherous creature and I have something to ask you so listen carefully."

"I told you I don't have any business with enchanted creatures but I can take you with someone who does as long as you can give him something shiny, any trinket will be ok, he’s crazy for that kind of things” Yunho says with a malicious grin “this guy is not selective at all. He's really clumsy and ugly too."

"For your own good I wish you're not talking about Lord Kim's only son..." the frog says clenching his lips.

"Oh, then you know him. Really ugly, right?"

"You're so dead Jung... I'll kill you!" Jaejoong says trying to get a hold of the laughing guy.

"I knew it was you, Jaejoong... hahaha... no wait... hahahaha... I recognized your voice even with the frog tone hahaha" Yunho is laughing to tears not caring about the assassin's looks from the frog. "Ok, then- I'm going. Come on Taepoong, let's go home... hahaha."

"Hey!! Wait... you can't go, I need your help" the frog exclaims forgetting his rage and beginning to panic watching his neighbor going away from him "seriously Jung Yunho... Please."

"Do you hear it too Taepoongie? Is it perhaps Kim Jaejoong asking for help to… ME? Is the same who said that he could die before accepting anything from Lord Jung's son? I don't think so. Let's go" Yunho exchanges looks with his dog and is walking again.

"You can mock me all you want later but I really need your help... buahhha... I'm crying right now, you made me cry. You happy? Now help me!"

"I'm gonna be fair, you helped me to get rid of that girl so I'll lend you my dog so it can take you home then yo-"

"No! I can't go home like this. I want to be normal again" he takes a deep breath and says "I need you..."

"For what and why? You need a sorcerer, a witch, an amulet... I don't know how I could help you, besides I don't want to" he is being serious now holding the delicate animal in his hand and watching him with an unreadable gaze.

"I already consulted with a sorcerer and I- I already know what to do to undo the course... that's why I need you… please help me" the frog pleas lowering his head and suppressing a croaking sound.

"What do I have to do?" Yunho says finally after a couple of minutes looking to Jaejoong on his hand’s palm.

"Eh, well... you have to kiss me... that's all" Jaejoong answers trying to hide between Yunho's fingers and thanking to heaven that in his frog form the furious blushing of his cheeks can't be noticed, this is definitely so embarrassing. He could see that his neighbor has his mouth open in disbelief.

"You're kidding me right? RIGHT? Cause there isn't a way in hell that I kiss you, let alone kissing a frog" the boy cries out putting Jaejoong on Taepoong’s back "I don't know who tell you that but you shouldn't believe it."

"I asked Changmin for help, he gave me three options... this one is the best of them... Don't think that I want to trick you to kiss me, it's not like it's my golden dream..." Jae says raising proudly his head. "Don't forget you said Mirah that I was really pretty and that I have amazing eyes.”

"I was just teasing her! I wasn't expecting that now said frog asks me for a kiss" he has his face red from embarrassment remembering that he was supposed to going out with the frog "I make clear this, I won't kiss you. I think that Changmin was just making fun of you or wanted to make fun of me and maybe you just need something much simpler… maybe if you sleep or after a day... I don't know."

"Could you please lift me up to see you in the eyes?" When he is looking directly to the other's eyes "I don't think Changmin could do something bad to you -maybe to me, evil bastard- but not to you. So if he says you have to kiss me, then you have to kiss me... KISS ME NOW!" the frog jumps to Yunho's shoulder and goes near to his ear "do it! But I warn you that you can't tell to anyone that you kissed me" he says in a low voice.

"As if I want someone to know... besides I won't do it. I thought that was pretty clear." Yunho takes the frog away from his shoulder. "I'm curious, how the hell did you get in this mess?"

"Well... it was my birthday you know… and I received many presents and there were jewelry and I might or might not confused one of my gifts for an unknown package and touched a cursed bracelet so..." Jaejoong replies trying to escape from the piercing eyes that are judging right now.

"So, you were the stupid one that touched a cursed object and the only one who is supposed to be punished is me?"

"Hey! I am the frog here! I have been punished enough."

"But I'm the one who has to kiss a frog! -not that I'll do it but still- I said NO!" the boy yells and takes his dog by the collar putting the frog on the ground "good luck froggie."

"Hey! Seriously you can't leave me... please, someone could hurt me, you don't want to live with the guilt" Jaejoong tries to stop him with a pleading voice.

"I think… that I can live with that pretty well" he walks away again "if you are a good frog no one will hurt you.”

"Ok, but just think on my mother... the poor thing will be waiting for his super handsome-wonderful only son and then… she will know that said son died victim of an obscure course and the only one who could help him was so evil that let him died crushed by a carriage" Jae croaks and sighs deeply "just go Jung... I'll make sure to return as a ghost and torment you day and night."

It's going darker and the night will be freezing the day itself was very cold, that's why even the pod is frozen. They are near to the road and it’s very probably that the frog gets crushed if he wants to cross. Their homes are a bit far from there, they are neighbors as a way to talk because for the large extension of his family's properties, they only can see the fences on their borderlands, Yunho is considering all the possibilities.

“Why me?”

"Why you what?" A bit confused frog asks in response.

"Why it has to be me who kisses you? I mean among all your suitors you could choose one and go back to normality I mean if this is really the only solution."

"Well there are other options one includes me being a frog for a year and the other being swallowed by a dragon. I don't want to try any of those. I don't know why you. Changmin said something about rivals when I tried to make that Kyuhyun kid to kiss me."

"What?! You are ok with anyone's kiss right?"

"If that helps me to be human again..."

"I hate you"

"And I hate you too. See? Mutual feelings maybe that's why it has to be you" Jaejoong says with a playful tone trying to make go the anger on Yunho´s face without understand the reason for that but the other still turns his back ready to go.

"I insist that your condition is only temporary, l mean, I'm sure for tomorrow you will be you once again... in your human form" Yunho says after a moment turning to him and taking the saddened frog with him "I'll take you home."

"I told you I can't go like this, my mom will freak out and my dad with all that of how irresponsible he says I am… will make me marry right away with who knows who" Jaejoong tells desperate.

"Then I... I'll take you to MY home" Yunho says looking away "it's... only for your mom. She’s always really kind with me."

"Thanks a lot Jung! I knew you can't be so heartless" the frog says with a big smile like only a frog could do.

After a while, they arrive to the entrance of Yunho's home and he uses his ring there so they can go in.

"Come in baby, we are home."

"Of course I coming in, I'm in your pocket, remember?"

"I... was talking to my dog?"

"Oh... yeah sure I just... I thought you were teasing me… that's all hehe" Jae says burying his head in the pocket once again.

"By calling you baby?" the boy asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah... I mean... you know" the frog stutters going deeper in his hiding place.

"Ok...” he doesn't get Jae but lets him be “I will leave you in my bedroom and then I'm going to take my dinner. I'm really hungry."

"Your house is very impressive and your garden is huge. I bet I could do the labyrinth I always wanted here and plant roses and maybe have some orchids and a pond..."

"Are you planning moving in my house?" He has that unreadable look once again and Jaejoong fears make him angry and being thrown away.

"No... obviously not, but I'm not allowed to touch the garden in my house I... it doesn't matter. Sorry I'll go back to your pocket."

"I'm sorry... It's a silly thing... not that it's your fault anyway" while opening the front door of the house.

"Yunho, dear. Where have you been? You know your father is not happy to see you fooling around" a lovely old woman comes to view.

"I know Nanny, it's just... I'll be right back" going to the stairs to his room.

"Hurry up honey. I made your favourite food."

That means my dad is furious’ Yunho thinks sighing while being observed by a confused frog.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Here we are. I'll put you in this fish bowl. Wait till I come back."

"Wait! I don't wanna be here. I'll be a good frog and won't touch anything so trust me please put me somewhere else" Jae says pleading with those big frog eyes.

"Alright but you have to promise to behave" putting Jaejoong upon the table.

"Ok, I'll be here waiting for you" Jae says and hesitates a little adding "could you bring me something to eat? I'm hungry too."

"I can put the lamp near the window and you can eat all the insects that come to the light" just the idea changes his gloomy mood. The frog just looks to him totally astonished. "Ok, I'm kidding but you're a frog. Frogs eat insects. I had a frog once. It jumped from my window, never found any trace of it again" and now the frog looks horrified "my point is, sometimes I gave it fish food to eat. Not the best option for a grown-up frog but it could work. Don't look at me like that. I don't think it's a good idea feeding you with human food in your frog form."

"Alright... I'll take it."

Yunho goes to the shelf nearer to the fish bowl and comes back with a little container, he opens and puts it next to the frog. "Eat all you want. There's no fishes... all death... long story, that's why I have to use the ring now" he says before the unasked question.

After Yunho goes, Jaejoong decides wander around the table watching the room, the place is cozy and big enough even when the bed is not as big as Jae's and the view is not the best that could be. For a moment he thinks on jump to the bed and see what it is in the notebook with red cover that he can see on the bedside table but remembers that he promised to behave so he just watches the things that there are on the table and gets frustrated when he can't open a reliquary he found. It's a rare thing that Yunho who only uses his magic protection ring because he has to, has something like that with him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yunho is back at his room and Jae is sleeping sprawled on a book. He observes the little frog that doesn't look okay.

"Kim!! Wake up!!" He takes the amphibian from his comfortable position and shake him to awakening.

"What the hell Jung!... who taught you to treat your guests this way?"

"Well I wanted to know if you were right... so forgive my life" he replies rolling his eyes and put him back on the book... "keep sleeping."

"Of course I'm not right... I feel weak. I ate that thing -tastes like sand but it's better than nothing- so at least I'm full but still..."

"Mmm yeah... you're too pale, I mean, you always look too pale but even in your frog form you could be more... umm, green?"

"I'm sorry for not being green enough for your frog tastes. My skin, for you to know, has a very healthy tone... you are too dark, that's why I look too pale for you" an angry Jaejoong says.

"Ok whatever you say, you envy my tanned skin I get it" Yunho says taking the frog again and heading to the table "you'll sleep in the fish bowl. I don't have any fish left so you'll be comfortable sleeping on the top of the castle. There is some water left so you should take a bath or whatever, your skin looks too dry for being a frog maybe that's why you feel weak."

Jae then submerges his body in the water swimming from side to side for a few minutes. When he tires, the frog jumps out of the fish bowl to the table "I guess I'll need to do that from time to time. I'm better now, thank you" Jaejoong says and observes how Yunho finishes getting ready to sleep until the lights get off with only the lamp on the bedside table left. "Jung... Jung!" But he doesn't obtain any answer. "Yunho?"

"I'm not 'Jung!' anymore? What do you want 'Jaejoong'?" Yunho asks sleepy "aren't you comfortable there?"

"Erh... can I sleep with you?"

"What?! No! Why would you want to do that? I thought you hated me." The frog is not in sight but suddenly jumps to his chest.

"I... I'm scared... please?" Jaejoong says not too sure to say that aloud.

"If I let you to stay here you'll shout up and sleep. Got it?" He says moving the frog to the side and keeps reading the book he's holding.

"Thank you!" Jaejoong says and reads curiously the title of Yunho's book "what is it about?" He asks trying to peek on the pages.

"Can't you be quiet?"

"Geez, I was just curious. Forget it, don't need to be rude."

"It's a story about a couple who gets caught by their parents when they are you know... just being two weeks together, now they are running away because don't want to be separated by being forced to be together... it's complicated. I know how it sounds but Yoona gave me this book for my birthday and I wanted to give it a try."

"Mmm... they should wait a month."

"A month? It's really enough for you just a month?! Don't you think it's too soon?"

"I mean if they love each other... I guess in a couple... they know when it's time. A month seems good for me for the couple I mean" Jaejoong says without looking at Yunho who is staring at him with that expression again.

"Whatever" he puts his book on the bedside table "Why are you scared?"

"I was thinking, frogs hibernate at winter right? So... what will happen to me? I mean, winter is so close and I will be death for sure."

"You'll not die... if you have to sleep then I will take care of you" Yunho says yawning and closes his eyes.

"For real?" But he doesn't obtain any answer again and he's not sure if the other was being serious. With a jump he reaches Yunho's chest and then he moves to his neck and prepares to sleep.

"What are you doing?" Yunho says suddenly frightening the frog.

"Oh my... Yunho... you're supposed sleeping."

"Why are you doing on my neck?"

"I like being here... Sorry" Jaejoong says while moving down again looking sad.

"Jaejoong... you can stay just for today... I don't know what's covering your body and you are smearing it on my skin but I guess I can take a bath tomorrow early" and Jaejoong comes back happily to the same spot.

"Thank you! I like more when you call me by my name... you seem nicer" Jaejoong says yawning and ready to sleep.

"You call me Yunho so... that's why."

"Are you mad with me for all this?"

"Of course I'm mad. You're too careless, you could have died you know? Or being like this forever."

"But everything would be over if you kiss me. I propose you a deal. You help me to recover my human form and I'll help you to be human again when you become a frog" Jaejoong says and shows his best frog smile.

"I'm not planning to become a frog."

"I can give you the bracelet, you touch it then I'll help you and we'll be tied."

"The hell... I won't touch that cursed bracelet! Think another way to convince me because right now you don't have any chances to make me kiss you."

"Maybe I can cook something yummy for you."

"Sorry. I'm not Changmin, Nanny cooks all that I could want."

"I can help you to talk with your dog... there's not much to tell yet, Taepoong only talks about how amazing you are."

"You can speak with my dog?"

"I think it's something temporary... Changmin can speak to animals, that is his magic ability. Isn't it?"

"He can speak only with some kind of animals his real gift is another one. He says it’s too corny so not many people know."

"Oh... what is it?"

"I can't tell you. He would kill me and throw my body to the river if I do" Yunho says chuckling "what Taepoong says?"

"You know... 'master is so kind, so good, so nice, so gorgeous, master smells so good and he loves my kisses' that kind of things."

"My Taepoongie loves me. I love it too" Yunho says and shows a smile that even Jae enjoys. "Now sleep, we have to go out early tomorrow."

"Where will we go?"

"Changmin is on a long journey to some magic place now so we'll go to find Siwon and ask for his help" Yunho says trying to get on a more comfortable position without crushing the frog on his neck. Jaejoong sleeps feeling the pulse of Yunho under him and the boy sleeps felling the soft movements of the creature’s breathing on his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~

They left the house early with a bag with food, water and Yunho’s cape just in case the sunny weather changes and gets as cold as it seemed it had to be. Jaejoong is in the boy’s pocket and is sulking talking about the evilness of a world that made him like that, he definitely hates the fish food and wants something else to eat that doesn’t include insects.

"Just kiss me... everything will be solved quicker."

"I told you I don't want to, so I won't do it. You didn't offer me something good enough."

"Why do you hate me so much? You are the only one being mean to me. Last time you make fun of me when I failed my archery exam and laughed when I tripped on that stupid dance class and when I fell from my horse... if it wasn't for Yookwan I would have been unconscious and forgotten on the ground for who knows how much time." Jaejoong says upset with a pout.

"It wasn't him who took you to get help. It was me."

"Is that so?..." Jae says surprised.

"Of course it was me, he is all muscle but none strength."

"Well... thank you. When I asked he said it was him the one who helped me."

"I didn't realize it was that serious. I thought it was a simple fall. When I saw you weren't faking a faint, I helped you. Sorry to crush your dream but your Yookwan ran away" Yunho says annoyed "In the other side it was funny when you tripped trying to dance... you are not very good with coordination and stuff" the memory makes him smile again.

"Whatever... I was trying so hard" Jaejoong says remembering the humiliating scene of him falling off the stage in front of hundreds of people when the act didn't even begin.

"You laughed too" Yunho says in a low voice.

"Eh?" Jaejoong asks dumbfounded.

"When we were cooking... you laughed of my cake and of my painting on that stupid art class... and of my poem about the cow."

"Oh yeah, you with artistic things." The frog giggles at the memory "your poem was awful, your cake was like a piece of coal covered in pink -or brown I'm not sure- and I couldn't decipher your painting of the woods, for me you painted Taepoong poop in green” his gloomy mood lifts up with the thought.

“I was trying hard too… it’s not easy. In my defense I really loved that cow, you know?” Yunho says pushing the frog inside his pocket again. “Your painting wasn’t that good either”.

“Better than yours for sure” Jae says peeking out once again.

“I was distracted.”

“I was distracted too.”

“Oh yeah… I remember why. I was sitting next to your Yookwan and you were in front of us glaring to this boy -Jungseong, I think- when he came to show us the booths he made.”

“I wasn’t glaring to that flirty annoying boy! Besides… What with that of ‘my Yookwan’”

“Of course you were… when I went to the front to get more green paint I saw you drawing hearts of ‘Y’ and ‘J’ before covering with your apples on your picture.”

“Did I do that?!”

“Don`t pretend you don’t know! But don’t worry, Jungseong was talking to me more than your future boyfriend.”

“You like the flirty type then? So touchy and gaudy… I see.”

“Your future boyfriend is safe then, Jungseong doesn’t like him! He doesn’t have bad taste unlike others I know that croak, are green and stupid enough to touch a cursed object.”

“You are the stupid one who doesn’t understand that it was an accident!”

“Accident my foot! You-”

“Yunho?” a startled Yoochun says trying to get his attention from his fight with the frog. Without realizing they have already arrived to the neighboring town where Yoochun have a pretty successful restaurant business.

Yoochun leads Yunho and the frog in his pocket to a private area in one of his locals. He wants to know the whole story and laughs a lot before the unusual situation of his friend with the glaring frog.

“I don’t understand… if you can jump that high, why don’t you just jump and kiss Yunho”

“Don’t give him ideas, he could-”

“It doesn’t work that way. I’ve already tried but I’m still a frog” Jaejoong interrupts Yunho and sighs defeated.

“What?! Did you kiss me while I was sleeping!?... How could you-”

“I had to try! I’m desperate!”

“I should kill you… never let you sleep with me-”

“So… you have to kiss him now but you don’t wanna…” Chun says entertained with the fight. “I could try” he lifts the frog from the table.

“Try what?” the frog says alert.

“Kissing you. I mean, you need a kiss, Yunho doesn’t want to kiss you… it could work” the guy says looking to the frog grinning mischievously.

“What?! NO!” Yunho shouts and takes the frog from his friend’s hand “give me my frog back.”

“Oh, I see.” Yoochun says them totally amused. Someone calls him from outside and he excuses himself for a moment.

“You are so evil, you could let him try at least. Maybe the course could be end by now” Jaejoong says sadly.

“You are really fine with whoever’s kiss, eh?... what if my friend becomes a frog too or something worse happens. You say that Changmin told you that it has to be me for a reason… I don’t even entirely understand why me precisely.”

“He said my rival, so it has to be you and no one else… but it just was a day and I’m tired of being a frog, I’m afraid of what is coming next…”

“Well, even when I’m better than you in many things… there are a lot of people that are better too. Why I’m your rival...”

“Like if… you better than me huh… you wish” Jae says arrogantly. “You know we’re rivals, always competing against each other. Come on… you know everything is fine as long as we beat the other. It doesn’t matter if there are a bunch of people better than me on something, I feel so happy when I beat you and you’re the same. We’re the constant on the other’s life.”

“You have a point” Yunho says “but that-”

“I’m back” Yoochun suddenly enters the room. “Jaejoong, is that true? You’re going to get married soon?”

“I knew it!” Yunho cries “I bet it’s with the stupid Yookwan…”

“It seems so. Many people is talking about that but no one knows for certain your fiancé’s identity” Yoochun says to the perplexed frog “Is it him? Yookwan?”

“Of course not! I’m not going to marry… I am not even in a relationship. I don’t know who started all those rumors but it’s a liar.”

“They say your father makes the announce last night that you will settle down soon… then news exploded.”

“Maybe your father has already chosen someone for you” Yunho says with that expression Jae begins to hate because he can’t know what the other is thinking.

“My dad can’t otherwise my mom will kill him. She promised me” Jae says not too sure, maybe his mom is mad with him for going out without telling her like she asked to, she doesn’t know her son is a frog now and perhaps his dad is taking advantage of the situation. He could be engaged by now with who knows who. Jaejoong begins to panic “Yunho, talk with your father please. He’s mi dad’s best friend… he could tell him that this is a mistake… please you-”

“Forget it… like hell he’ll listen to me. My old man hates me. I was only the ‘spare’ son but after my older brother became nuts and run away with that married woman and father decided to disown him… he’s even worse than before and is upon me like an eagle waiting for a time to stick its claws onto my flesh” Yunho says slumping in the chair joining to the sadness of the frog. “But we could run away too” the boy says lifting the frog with a bright expression “After we find Siwon, we’ll ask him to call Han Geng and then we’ll borrow a dragon and we fly away from here… I’ll do what I want to do and you…”

The frog is listening with a hopeful expression and bright eyes and smile. He definitely isn’t ready to marry being just 21.

“… and each one of us will take his way” Yunho concludes and misses how the smile fades from Jae’s face, detail that Yoochun notices.

“Ok… sorry to interrupt your escape plan but I’m sure your father would find you and ground you in the basement until the day of your wedding” Yoochun says playfully hoping relieve the tension “By the way Jungseong left this for you” he takes out a little box with a corny ribbon from his pocket giving it to Yunho.

“Chocolates?” he takes one out and tastes it “filled with strawberries” he adds with a joyful face and gives his friend a few treats. “I’ll give you one when you be normal again” Yunho says to Jaejoong that was trying to eat a chocolate, just two meals and he feels sick of the fish food for a life.

“If you want to meet Siwon, you should hurry up. He was her yesterday and told me about an expedition he has to go soon. I don’t know how soon… but what if he decides depart today” Yoochun says munching on his chocolate.

“We are going then” Yunho says standing up and putting the frog in his pocket far from the chocolates that he’s insisting on trying to eat. “We still have to talk about my date with Mirah” he says hugging his friend.

Yoochun grins hugging him back “We’ll see. Bye Jaejoong,” he pats Jae’s head “please say hi from my part to your cousin.”

“I will, he loves your snake” Jae says while Yunho and him are heading out.

“Everyone does” a chuckling Chun says in response and waves them goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~

They remain silent for a while crossing the town until Yunho takes one of his chocolates and they begin to fight again yelling each other about stupid flirty boys and no less stupid hunks. Yunho tries his best to avoid people, he’s not in the mood to explain that he’s yelling at the pestering frog in his pocket and not to himself.

“I don’t think your father hates you… He loves you really much” Jaejoong says several minutes after their last fight when they have reached the outskirts of the little town “He’s always boasting of your achievements when he visits my father at home.”

“You’re wrong. I’m Yunho, not Yunhan. He was always boasting on my brother not me” Yunho says sadly. “Your father is the one who always talks about you and how awesome, mature and independent you are.”

“He says I’m mature? That’s new. He’s always bugging me to grown up.” Jaejoong says but watching the bitter smile on Yunho’s face, he ads “I’m sure your father talks about you not your brother. He’s so proud of his sons… well he doesn’t talk about Yunhan anymore unless he’s drunk… anyways, he talks more about you since way before your brother left. You are not his ‘spare’ son, he loves you really deeply.”

“I’d wish that was true. I’ve always felt like I’m invisible for my parents, I was ok with the fact because I could go and do whatever I wanted then my brother left I became ‘the only heir’ and they are all over me now. I dreamt with being an artist, you know, on one of those big companies traveling around the world performing for the crowds… dancing, singing, acting and so… on distant lands” Yunho says sadder than before.

“I wanted something like that too but dad said that I have to settle down and stop dreaming with travel the world singing” they are both depressed now.

“Maybe we have something good on our destinies” Yunho says “if don’t, the offer of the escape plan on the dragon is still up” he adds and smiles to the frog who returns him the gesture.

“A Chinese dragon would be better. I have heard they can go for the water too… we could visit the sirens kingdom.”

“We need magic to be able to breath under the water.”

“We’ll kidnap Changmin as our personal sorcerer then.”

“Hahaha, that if he doesn’t kill us before.” Yunho laughs and takes another chocolate from his pocket savoring the sweet happily.

“Or you could marry your Jungseong and inherit your father’s properties and business.” Jaejoong says remembering the darn boy.

“And you could marry your Yookwan and do the same with your father’s possessions” Yunho replies ready to another fight.

“Hi Yunho, Jaejoong” someone greets them.

“Hi Siwon. How are you” they both say at the same time continuing their battle of glares.

“Fine, thank you. Good to see you. Bye” Siwon says moving away from them petting the snuggled-cat-in his-arm’s head.

“Wait! Siwon” Yunho says snapping from his trance. “Please don’t go. We need your help.”

“Sure” Siwon says going back to them and putting the cat on the ground. “What do you need?”

“I touched a cursed bracelet… we were looking for you” Jaejoong says slightly annoyed jumping out of the pocket “I’m a frog as you can see… it’s obvious why we need your help.”

Siwon laughs a little “Didn’t you already consulted with Changmin? I’m sure he could give you the solution.”

“I did but this guy here doesn’t believe me, he thinks Changmin wants to pull a prank on him so ‘evil Yunho’ doesn’t want to kiss me.”

“You have other options. Do you know about the dragon?”

“I don’t want to be eaten by a dragon… buahaaaa” Jaejoong whines and Siwon looks Yunho questioningly.

“When he makes that sound, he’s supposed to be crying” Yunho says “so… the kiss is his best option?” Yunho asks doubtful and Siwon nods.

“Don’t say it like you better died. I know you hate me but you can’t be this heartless.”

“I don’t hate you!”

“Then why you don’t want to help me… it’s just a kiss.”

“For you maybe it’s just a simple kiss, for me… it isn’t.” Yunho says lowering his head and lifts the frog from the ground.

“Neither for me… no with you…” Jaejoong says almost whispering.

“I don’t want to know how it feels even with you as a frog and then have to see you with Yookwan or someone else” Yunho says looking into Jae’s eyes.

“Why?” Jae asks with a trembling voice “don’t you wanna go out with your flirty boy?... why do you care about me?”

“I’m not interested on Jungseong in that way because Jae… I… like you” Yunho says finally “And I don’t want to see you with someone else. I prefer having you in my pocket all the time… sorry I know I’m selfish for thinking like that when you doesn’t like me at all and actually hat-”

“I don’t hate you” Jaejoong cuts Yunho’s speech “I only hate that boy not for Yookwan but you. He’s always touching you and smiling at you, giving you things and I feel like punching him on the face. I- I like you too Yunho, I enjoyed the peek when you were sleeping because I was afraid of not having the chance to know how it feels ever again” the frog smiles when their eyes meet.

Yunho smiles back to him “you mean it?”

The frog nods, then Yunho kisses him. The magic acts and soon Yunho is holding Jaejoong against his chest.

“Can you kiss me again?” Jaejoong asks.

“You don’t care that I just kissed a frog?”

“Oh right… the frog thing, well…”

“Kim Jaejoong!”

“Ok, ok. Don’t be angry” Jae says chuckling “Will you love my kisses more than Taepoong’s?

“Umh well… Taepoong is special.”

“Jung Yunho!” the shorter guy yells to the taller one.

“Sorry, but I guess you have the answer for that” Yunho says holding tighter the boy in his arms. “You know what? If this is what destiny had prepared for us, I don’t complain, instead I bless our destinies even if we don’t get our dragon.”

“I still want to travel the world. We can go anywhere. I’m sure our fathers will be ecstatic… the other day-”

Yunho cuts him off by sealing their lips with a real kiss this time.

“You’re welcome” Siwon says to no one in particular and keeps walking away, he doesn’t blame them for forgetting he was there. “I’m so happy for them. You know kitten? Anyone’s kiss would have worked as long it was given willingly. Changmin is such a good friend.”

“Yeah, yeah happy, happy”, the cat answers “but they are so rude, not even say ‘hello Heechul, how are you?’”

“Because almost no one, them included, knows that you can transform yourself in a cat.”

“I was swimming happy when you came for me. I was too lazy to go and search for dry clothes, it’s easier this way” Heechul says jogging next to Siwon “By the way, how long you think they take to realize that Jaejoong is …”

“I’m-”

Aahhhh” it hears on the distance “No touching!

Ouch! It’s not my fault… but maybe we don’t have to wait for a month.

Hands off you ERT! Hurry up and give me your cape!

“Sooner than I thought” the sorcerer says and he and the cat laugh continuing on their way.

 

 

end.