Episode 3 – Take 4

Who got Married?

Notes:

Hello! i know it's been a very long time since the last time i update my fic.

my excuse is that i've been busy with life haha.

anw, i posted this right after i finished it, please take note that this is unbeta-ed.

so, pardon any errors. i hope you enjoy :)

 

 


 

 

 

Momo rested her chin on the table, watching Nayeon’s favorite drama. It wasn’t that good but since the older girl had dragged her to watch the premier together with her – when Jihyo was having concert overseas – Momo just can’t seem to ditch it as she was hooked to it. She feeds herself a gummy bear she took from the refrigerator with Mina’s name written on it when Sana came out from her room, standing across from her covering the TV with her back facing Momo.

 

 

“Oh, what? Is this how you brag about your new fitness program?”

 

 

Sana looks back at her, smiling teasingly. “Good right?”

 

 

“My still looks better.”

 

 

“I just started, and you’ve been building your muscle since you’re in your mom’s womb.”

 

 

“I take that as a compliment.”

 

 

Sana rolled her eyes, sitting on the sofa snatching the gummy bear from Momo. “This is Mina’s.”

 

 

“Yea, just eat it. I’ll buy her another bag.”

 

 

“Speaking of the devil,” Sana put one orange gummy bear into . “how’s she?”

 

 

“Jeongyeon said she hasn’t returned any of her calls or texts.”

 

 

Sana took some gummy bears and chewed more, Momo was sure the other girl will finish the bag before she builds any more muscle with her new fitness program. Momo leaned back to Sana’s legs, turned her head so she can press her eyes to the other girl’s knee.

 

 

“I think I should check on her.”

 

 

Sana hums an answer.

 

 

“Do you think I should check on her?”

 

 

The other Japanese girl moves to lay down on her side, propping her head with her hand then feed Momo a gummy bear before she kissed the girl on her temple.

 

 

“Yeah, I think you should. She hasn’t been in her right mind since then, and when you’re at it Momoring,” Momo waits for Sana to continue but the girl just closes her eyes and use the hand that was propping her head as a pillow. “tell Mina I’ll sleep with her tonight.”

 

 

“…okay, I guess.” Momo watches Sana a little bit more. “I’ll be going then.”

 

 

Momo went out the dorm as she mumbled a ‘she is so weird’ after she closes the door. The girl went down the elevator to the lobby where Tzuyu sat on one of the sofas waiting for her. She pats the younger girl’s head then Tzuyu looks up, holding her phone with both hands, eyes round and big. Momo giggled.

 

 

“Oh, you’re ready?”

 

 

Momo hums. “What are you doing?”

 

 

“Playing game. I lost though” the taller girl stood up then Momo clutched her arms on Tzuyu’s arm.

 

 

“Oh, you lost? I guess only Mina can play any games and won every single one of it.”

 

 

“I guess so.”

 

 

When they arrived at Mina’s filming set, it was during a break. Momo greets every single one of the crews with Tzuyu doing the same behind her. The girl met the Director and thank him for looking out for mina, he – of course – shrugged it off and tells Momo it was nothing and that is how it should be. The middle age man then told how Mina and the ‘fake’ husband bond is going much better as time goes by, he said he if he didn’t know better he would mistake the two as a real couple. Momo thinks Mina is a good actress.

 

 

Momo walks to Mina’s trailer hoping to find the girl glooming instead she found her talking with the guy on the bench in front of the trailers, laughing every now and then. However, she stopped laughing once she saw Momo walking towards her. mina clears and the guy looks back behind him where Mina’s eyes laid. Momo gives the guy a small smile and an ever so slightly bow.

 

 

“I thought you’d be inside remembering that you have a cold.”

 

 

“Oh Noona, you catch a cold? I have–“

 

 

“Actually, can you go and leave us alone?”

 

 

The guy taken aback by Momo’s sharp tone, he looks back and forth from Mina and then back to Momo and to Mina again. The two girls are having a staring contest that doesn’t seem like ending soon. He excuses himself and go from the scene without any answers from any of the girls. Tzuyu told them to move to the trailer preventing any unwanted picture and rumor about them having a fight. She closed the door for the two older girls and waited outside, sitting on the trailer’s stair and flashes out her phone, sighing, she plays another game.

 

 

“You two are friendly.” Momo starts, leaning to the cabinet.

 

 

Mina poured herself a water and sit on the couch, crossing her leg. “We work together, I’m maintaining good relationship as a co-worker.”

 

 

“I thought you didn’t like him.”

 

 

“Never said I did.”

 

 

There is an awfully heavy paused before Momo clears and spoke. “Jeongyeon has been looking for you, it’s been days. Have you spoke to her at all?”

 

 

“No, I haven’t.” Mina sips her water. “She told you to come speak to me?”

 

 

“No, I came here on my own will.”

 

 

“It’s okay if it’s not, I know I’ve been annoying you and everyone else these past days.”

 

 

Momo bit the inside of her cheek, crossing her arms. “Then do something about it, will you Mina?”

 

 

When there is no answer from Mina, the older girl continues. “She’s been worried sick, all of us are. There is nothing going on between her and Irene, you know how much she loves you.”

 

 

“Unless I don’t.”

 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

 

“You don’t know anything about how she feels.”

 

 

“I do.”

 

 

“You don’t.”

 

 

“And you do?” Mina gone quiet again, so Momo continue. “Because if you do, you should’ve responds to her texts and calls. She came yesterday after filming all day long only to be greeted with your closed door. Tell me Mina, what is it that you know?”

 

 

“Nothing, exactly nothing.” Mina snorts then looks at Momo. “Because none of you told me anything about it. How do you think that makes me feel? I should have been the one knowing it first but instead of being a friend you and everybody else chose to not telling me anything.”

 

 

“First of all, it is not our place to tell you anything about it. It is Jeongyeon’s and we let her to be the one telling you. and I don’t know that she ended up not telling you about it but I guess I understand now. Maybe this is why she doesn’t want you to know.” Momo huffs, running her hands through her hair. “You should be the mature and calm one, Mina. The point of me coming to you like this really do things to me and I hate it. We are all worried about you, Jeongyeon has a very hard time dealing with her feelings and concentrate to her filming.”

 

 

Mina looks away, Momo sighs and hugged the girl before she opened the trailer door. “She loves you, and just like how you are with your ‘co-worker’ Jeongyeon is just maintaining good relationship with Irene and no more. And if you love her, you should know. But then again, I don’t know how people feels so, maybe you don’t love her.”

 

With that, Momo closes the door behind her. Mina hear footsteps walking away from her trailer and wait until it safe to screams for no one to hear.

*

 

 

Jeongyeon took the coffee cup from Irene’s hand, she smiled to her as she patted the empty spot beside her. Irene sat there, checking her phone for every once in a while. The younger girl smirks as she sips on her coffee then pokes Irene’s side, the later face redden

 

 

“She’ll call you when she calls you, Unnie.”

 

 

Irene sighs. “I hate how she always travel when we already have so little time to meet.”

 

 

Jeongyeon laughs a little then hums. “Right, so what makes it any different? Either she’s here or not you two still has a little time to meet.”

 

 

“.” Irene hugs her legs. “Seulgi hates distance.”

 

 

“We all are.” Putting down her coffee cup, she laid back with her hands supporting her on the back. “It’s been a while since I last met her.”

 

 

“It is, isn’t it? When was it… that one time when you drop by the building to give me dinner?”

 

 

“Yeah, that was the one.”

 

 

“She knew who you are, you know. So, when you said you were the delivery girl she thought you work part time at a restaurant.”

 

 

They both laughs. Jeongyeon met Seulgi – Irene’s current girlfriend – one and a half year after they broke up. They were not dating back then, Irene and Seulgi, but both are each other’s exclusives. Jeongyeon knows as soon as the two lock their eyes together when Irene took the dinner Jeongyeon brought for her, the older girl just has this something on her eyes that telling you how much a person meant to her. She looks at Jeongyeon like that once, but not anymore.

 

 

“You broke my heart that night.”

 

 

Irene sighs then rubs Jeongyeon’s arm couple times. “I know, I’m sorry.”

 

 

“It’s okay. Though I wouldn’t be lying that I hate you for a little while back then.”

 

 

“I guess I deserve that.” She laughs a little. “But you found just the right one now, didn’t you?”

 

 

“Absolutely.”

 

 

“You two look good with each other.”

 

 

“I know.”

 

 

“Ey… look at you being a snob.” Irene clicks her tongue. “As expected Yoo Jeongyeon.” She continued then after side eying the girl. “Isn’t it ridiculous how we still love them no matter how much they annoyed us?”

 

 

“Yeah…” Jeongyeon sits right up again, sipping her coffee then stare into the darkened sky. “So ridiculous.”

 

 

Jeongyeon told Irene about Mina, of course she told her, Irene is a good listener and Jeongyeon take comfort in it. She thought their meeting this time will be as awkward as ever but turns out it doesn’t. Irene still taking a good care of Jeongyeon – she takes a good care of everybody – like how she always be, she knows how despite her big appetite Jeongyeon often forgot to eat anything at all during filming or her other crazy schedules.

 

 

“I’m sorry that you two are in a difficult place right now. I didn’t mean to upset her.”

 

 

“It’s okay. She’s just jealous, I guess I would too if I’m in her shoes. I was keeping her in the dark about this, of course she got upset.” Sighing, she combs her hair with her hands. “I feel like crying.”

 

 

A soft smile and several pats latter from Irene, Jeongyeon exhale a heavy breath and a defeated sob. It’s not like Jeongyeon to cry in front of other people, Irene thought that she might be in a lot of stress and it’s pressuring her down to the ground. In a tiring and stressful time of a filming a movie like this, all she needed was support and a calm surrounding so she can focus on doing her job. But here she is, several of her friends came every now and then, also her family members and her fans, there is one person missing and Irene guess it gives a huge impact on her. She feels bad for Jeongyeon.

*

 

 

“You know she came home worn out yesterday. Still, she watched that damn reality show. As if coming home stressed wasn’t good enough, she drowned herself in jealousy watching Mina unnie with that guy.” Said Dahyun trying to open her cola can. “Just open this for me.”

 

 

Chaeyoung took the can, open it for Dahyun after she take the first sip. “What— hey… who taught you to do that??” Dahyun snorts at the cheeky Chaeyoung.

 

 

“I bought you that!”

 

 

“Hence that’s mine!”

 

 

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, taking a bite of her pancake. “Shall we lock those two in a room?”

 

 

“Mina unnie and Jeong Unnie?”

 

 

“No, Sana and you so she can annoy the crap out of you. Of course it’s Mina unnie and Jeongyeon unnie.”

 

 

“Does Chaeyoung always this annoying?”

 

 

Tzuyu nods, still chewing. Chaeyoung feels betrayed. “Anyway, how? I can’t stand it anymore.”

 

 

“Yeah Mina Unnie can be stubborn sometimes.” Chaeyoung adds. “but I think she’ll come around. Sana unnie said when Mina came home after Momo unnie confronted her, she talks a lot about her feelings to her. So, I guess things going to get better between them.”

 

 

“You’re always on Mina’s side did you, Chaeng?” Dahyun said amused.

 

 

“She has the softest soul, unnie. Plus, she’s smart, she knows better.”

 

 

“Okay okay.” Dahyun pats the girls head, smiling. “eat more, you two. I pay for the meal tonight.”

 

 

Both Tzuyu and Chaeyoung immediately stood up, taking more food and eat them without offering anything from their plate to Dahyun.

 

 

“Brats.”

*

 

 

Chaeyoung was talking to the PD during MiSaMo final goodbye stage, she gave the middle age guy some direction as to where the camera should shoot during which part of the songs. Since this is their last stage and they felt a little bit off during their previous stage, the three girls deemed to have this one as good as their first comeback stage in spite of their fans. Once the PD put his thumbs up to the short kid, Chaeyoung gives him a hi-five and was going to the parking lot to take some of the girls’ blanket when someone called her name softly. She turns around.

 

 

“Oh… can I… help you?” she said uncertain.

 

 

“Yes actually, can you get me to Mina?”

 

 

Chaeyoung pursed her lips, looking at the long hair brunette before her. “It’s Irene, right? She’s preparing for the stage right now, it’ll take a while until it finished.”

 

 

“It’s okay, I can wait.”

 

 

Irene looks like someone that gets way too popular at high school, the one everyone wants to befriend with but never actually can. Chaeyoung eyed the girl despite her being several years younger than the later, what could a girl like her wants anything to do with Mina and Jeongyeon. Both are – despite being celebrities – are living the most humbled life. Irene in the other hand, looks like someone who cannot live with Gucci in her closet.

 

 

“Alrite,” She said finally. “you still can’t wait in the waiting room. She needs all the focus she can get, she won’t be if you’re there.”

 

 

Chaeyoung expect her to react with anything but a kind smile. “I know. I’ll be waiting at the café just around the corner. Will you give me a call when she’s finished?”

 

 

She handed Chaeyoung a business card, all white with only her name engraved in gold ink written with the most delicate she ever saw. In the front was written her name ‘Irene’ on the back was her phone number and email. Chaeyoung feels the surface of the card when the skin on her fingers made contact, she realized then that the girl in front of her is too fine to ruin someone else’s relationship. Chaeyoung sighs then shook her head.

 

 

“I’ll walk you out.”

 

 

The walk from the broadcasting building to the café Irene settled in was quiet, they chose to use the exit at the back of the building to prevent any fans or media to spotted Irene walking with MiSaMo manager. That headline alone will make people speculate the worse of the drama that has been going on internally, they don’t need it to get out as it is already as crazy.

 

 

Chaeyoung came back to the building forgotten about the blanket and her mind went blank all together. Momo protested about it and almost made her go all the way back if the crew hadn’t knocked on the door telling the girls to get ready outside. Tzuyu asked her if she is okay, she wanted to tell her about Irene but she can’t with MiSaMo still around. Sana was the one who catch her glancing at Mina every now and then, the girl raised one of her eyebrows then Chaeyoung shook her head as she gulping down hard.

 

 

They did three takes for the final goodbye stage and the girls wanted to greet their fans for a little farewell after, it took them almost half a day and Chaeyoung wonder is Irene is still there. Although the older girl gave her business card, Chaeyoung doesn’t even bother contacting her. She thought she will let her wait for so long by causing this drama to start in the first place.

 

 

“Mina Unnie, will you come with me please?”

 

 

The three girls plus Tzuyu looking at the shorter girl, Sana was the one giving Chaeyoung a questioning look. She cleared , thirsty all of the sudden but went with it anyway. She told the rest of them to go wait in the waiting room and go back to the dorm first if they went too long, Chaeyoung told them that Mina has to go shoot the reality show anyway. Momo was worried that Mina was in some kind of trouble the girl kept asking to go with them.

 

 

“I’m sure it’s nothing Momo Unnie, let’s go.” Tzuyu said, though the girl doesn’t know anything about it and just wished Chaeyoung would just tell her.

 

 

“If it’s not true and she is in trouble I’ll kick your dead.”

 

 

“Oh my god, you are harassing a kid, you should be the one in trouble.”

 

 

“Can none of you Unnies stop messing with my height? I’m your manager.”

 

 

After Sana waved her off and dragged Momo with her with Tzuyu following closely behind, Chaeyoung told Mina to change her clothes on the van first before going fully covered in black and cap to where Irene at. Mina didn’t ask her anything, the girl was just as quiet as ever. Her guts told her that the girl has feeling about it since her dragging mina like this is unusual.

 

 

Chaeyoung went in first, stretching her neck longer looking for Irene. Halfheartedly she hoped the girl had gone away but the other half wished she’s still waiting. They went to the second floor – where there are less people – and spotted Irene sitting looking outside of the window in the corner of the room. She looks back at Mina, the girl already looking at her not sure what they are doing in this place. Chaeyoung smiled then, taking Mina’s hand to where Irene sit and left as soon as Irene turns around looking at the girl before her. Mina’s breath hitched.

 

 

“Oh, you’re here.” She said kindly. “Please, have a seat. Would you like anything?”

 

 

Mina watched Irene as intent as ever though she is confused. “I’m fine, thank you. Did Jeongyeon told you to do this? Because–”

 

 

“No, please she didn’t.” Irene sighs but still manage to smile a little. “I guess I’m just going to go to the point then.”

 

 

Sitting there with a lot going on in her mind was dangerous, Mina feels like she wants to scream at the girl in front of her but then she will look like a crazy moron. If she did that what does the image of her become for this girl before her, plus, Irene looks content although the line on her face tells another story.

 

 

“First of all, I am sorry for what you and Jeongyeon going through these past days. Though if it makes you any better, there is really nothing going on between her and me.” She looks at mina in the eyes. “I’m aware how Jeongyeon sees me as her first love, but that’s all about it, nothing more. What we had, everything, it’s already in the past. We parted ways in good terms, which make us able to still be friends right now. I know it is annoying when you know that your partner and their ex still talking to each other, in this case filming a movie together.

 

 

“Jeongyeon is a nice nice girl, a great girlfriend, and when she loves, she loves with everything she got.”

 

 

“I know, she is my girlfriend, remember?”

 

 

“Of course,” another smile, Mina hates it. “exactly because she is your girlfriend.”

 

 

Instead of talking back to the girl, she stays still. Looking away from Irene’s arrogant yet kind eyes then she sighs a long heavy sigh. “I was planning to hate you.”

 

 

Irene chuckled when Mina was looking at her. “it’s okay, you can hate me. You wouldn’t be the first one.”

 

 

“Did my manager?”

 

 

“Yeah,” sipping her drink with her straw, she nodded. “I told her to give me a call when you’re finished, I gave her my business card, you know to prepare and stuff, but she came with you out of nowhere making me flustered.”

 

 

Mina smiles for a split second before it turns into a frown. “I don’t want to say this but, your existence – especially when you’re with Jeongyeon – makes me uncomfortable.”

 

 

“I know.” She nodded. “I’m not the one you should be worry about though.”

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

“I told you Jeongyeon is a great lover, she only loves you and only looks at you. she can never look at anyone else but you. Your battle is not with me, Mina.”

 

 

“…..It’s within myself.” She whispered.

 

 

Mina felt awful, her stomach churns and the back of her eyes feels hot. She felt so stupid that someone has to come up to her to tell her everything about her girlfriend that she already knew. Of course, she knew that Jeongyeon is a great partner, the girl puts Mina on top of everything even her own self. She should’ve listened to Jeongyeon when she wanted to explain it, surely, she knows now why Jeongyeon chose to kept it from her, Momo was right, thisis exactly why she kept Mina in the dark.

 

 

“I’m so disappointing.”

 

 

She feels Irene hand on top of hers, she doesn’t need to look up to know that the later smiled at her, Irene spoke so assuring it calmed her soul.

 

 

“Jealousy took a hold of you and it’s alright because what you feel is normal, that only means you love her.” she rubs circle on Mina’s hand. “Though next time it’ll be easier for her if you listen to her first?”

 

 

Mina nodded, wiping her eyes. “I feel so conflicted, I know she wouldn’t do something that will disappoint me in any way but I just can’t help it. I’ve been telling myself over and over but still, my brain doesn’t do logic while my feelings taking it as a prisoner.”

 

 

Her hand was still in Mina when the younger of the two exhale a relieved breath. Mina looked at her then, holding the girl’s hand back, thanking her for whatever it is she brings to her. Mostly because wiping away the thick foggy jealousy and the irrational thinking all together.

 

 

Later that night – after they spend three hours talking – Mina studied that Irene was so helplessly in love with her girlfriend, Seulgi. In the other hand, Mina take notes that maybe not everyone she thinks was bad were bad at all. Turns out Irene was a decent person.

*

 

 

“She’s definitely going to call her tonight.”

 

 

“I don’t think so.” Sana gulps down her cola, looking up from inside of the van to a second story café.

 

 

“She will. I bet on it.”

 

 

“Sure, a bet it is. She won’t just call Jeong like that. knowing Mina, she would like to take some time thinking about how to talk and think things through.”

 

 

“Agree.” Chaeyoung chirped in.

 

 

“What about you Tzuyu?” Momo poked the girl riding shotgun.

 

 

“Just let Mina Unnie know that I take to parts in this bet.”