ONE

Were we Destined?

We met at the same old place we met four years ago, I looked at the busy road of Korea. Staring blankly as time pass by, the sun finally setting. It was a nice feeling, the night cool breeze brush up against my skin. 


“Jjeuwi-ssi.” 


I blinked and looked at the familiar voice, the one I longed for, the one I missed.


I smiled at her,“Sana-yah. Hey, sit down.” I said softly, Sana Minatozaki. My ex-lover, yeah.. We planned to meet after years of the separation for us, She's still beautiful. Sana settled infront of me, looking down slightly before meeting my eyes with her sad smile. 


“H-how are you,Jjeuwi?” She stuttered.


“How are you,T-tzuyu?” 

“I'm fine..You?” 

Sana looked down and started to open her purse, I was confused what is she even doing, I saw her glance at me. I rested my chin on my palm, December is near. 


“I..I would like to invite you..”  Sana started, she was looking at a white glossy envelope in her hands, I don't know what it was though.


“Huh? To what?” I asked, I leaned back on the chair. The aroma of Coffee danced around my nostrils where Sana placed the envelope on the table and slides it to my place.


“…” and there I knew, I saw a engagement ring on her hand. The envelope, the invitation for her wedding. I took it from her,letting our hands grazed unto each other,intentionally.­ Seeing her retrieve her hand so fast, finally made me think that.. Everything we've been through was for only memories, the moments and more.

“Wedding huh? Dahyun?” I said seeing the name of hee soon to be partner in life, I stared at it blankly and nodded after,“Sure, I'll go.” 


I stood up and looked at her, her eyes were wide and staring back at mine. I showed her the envelope and forced a smile,“Hey, don't pull that face on me.” I said, Sana was frowning, she was sad for something that it was never or meant to be happen between us,“Smile,Sana-yah. Congratulations on your future wedding, I'll be there.” 


I turned around and started walking when I heard a crash that startled me, looking back and suddenly being tackled into a tight hug by someone. I was shock, I was not expecting this at all. 


“I-I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for everything.” It was Sana who is now hugging me in the midst of the side walk, I resisted not hugging this girl back.

I chuckled,bitterly and gently pulled her away from me, I don't want Dahyun seeing this anywhere if she's here. Sana was crying when I looked at her, I can see the pain and guilt in her eyes while looking into mine, clutching onto my leather jacket as if she doesn't want to let go,“What? why are you crying? More importantly, why are you apologizing?“

She wasn't able to answer, she waa crying too hard. It was hard, even for me but she chose this path for us. I just accepted what was coming after. 

“Stop crying. You'll make your Fiancè worry if she sees you like this.” I said and wide her tears away, like how I slowly wiped my broken feelings for her, every tear she shed in front of me is breaking me inside.“We met only for a reason, for us to be happy and feel each other's love. Are we destined? Our answer is now infront of us, You're getting married to someone who is not me.  No more crying, you know I hate it when the person I loved cries like this.” 


Sana cried more, I made her let go. How she made me let go of her before, The way she held me is like how I held her to me. Now, everything is different. She's gonna be married, I'll be going back to Taiwan after the wedding day aswell. 


It was minutes when Dahyun came, she asked me what happened why Sana was crying so hard. I told her the very first lie I made, that Sana was too happy that she was getting married to someone who is way worthy than me. I informed her that I'll be attending their wedding aswell,showing her the invitation. 


Soon as they left, I got in to my car that is park at the back. I clutched the steering wheel and let the tears flow down my cheeks, they should've flown down long ago. It was been four years since I cried this much aswell,  I leaned against the steering wheel and cried hard as much than Sana. Here I am, getting my heart shattered once more after I picked them up together to re-build it. I leaned back and wiped my face, I don't even care this time if my make up is a mess. I opened the small compartment. I took something inside.


“I wish I was the one who is with you right now.” I whispered and opened a small dark blue box in my hand, as the diamond ring shined lightly against the hint of light from outside made it beautiful.


“Sana, do you remember the ring you wanted? I bought it for you as our engagement ring.” I said,looking at this ring I bought long ago. “Now, you have this engagement ring that is way more great on you. I still love you,Sana. But, Things have changed now.” 


I hid the box away, I started the engine and left the place,“I'll be giving this to you as a wedding present now. I hope you like it.” I said.