My One

Drunk In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"The rain is the one who is at fault.  Yes it's all because of the rain." Nayeon had been saying the same thing all over again  whilst drinking her second bottle of whiskey.


 

It’s Tuesday again. One of her favourites day. If you ask Nayeon why she loves Tuesday she’d probably lie shrugging and reply,’I don’t know, its’ just random”, her heart knows well though why she loved Tuesday so much . Back in school days , Nayeon and her best friend Mina had chose Tuesday as their day . They would meet everyday and have a night over at either one of their houses and watch movies or just talk or dance to their favourite songs.

 

Almost 15 years ago , they had bumped into each other on a fine Tuesday , Nayeon kept laughing cause she finds it so funny , surely it hurt , her was sore but everytime she sees someone trip or she tripped herself which kinda happened a lot , she would start laughing hysterically. Mina had thought she was laughing at her and had got up quickly ,angry with the treatment she got instead of an apology, and walked on the opposite direction when Nayeon called ,, ‘Hey new student??? I’m sorry’.

Later when Mina had introduced herself to the class 6- B, Nayeon was the one smiling so goofily from her seat.

 


Her morning starts late as her other regular days ,cause of course she didn't sleep well last night too and had to fight with all of her will to make her body to leave the contact from her fluffy and soft bed .

 

It's always the same for her , the days  , waking up late , go to office , deal with stress , come home where she stays alone, bath , then eat food , sometimes she skips it , and then wait for sleep to come to her. But since its Tuesday , its always a little exciting to her , every Tuesday she wakes up with Mina in her mind. Maybe this week , Mina would call and they would hang out  like they used to, though her hope sinks all the time , yet her heart never fails to hang onto the tiny shred of hope.

 

Her day goes on talking with clients who don't  know how to agree and the only thing that was good in her overall day was  her sweet sweet coffee which she had managed to grab while passing through Starbucks.

Parking her car nearby , she throws her heels away ,she had always thought that those pointed things were probably made by demons to punish the sins of her previous life , and lets her legs feel the evenly cut grass , her aching soles getting tickled by it and though they pricked her a little and was a bit of painful , it brought relief to her whole body and a huge smile on her face. Sipping her coffee she takes out her phone from her coat , sitting on a small green bench nearby she unlocks it , her fingers grazing over the name 'MY' ,her mind flashbacks to the day she gave that nickname to her best friend Mina,

'What kind of nickname is that ? ' her best friend had asked, distaste clearly ruling the features of her face , she was never much good in controlling the muscles of her face, whenever she was happy her face would light up , and whenever she saw someone whom she didn't like , a frown would be seen dancing on it. That was one of the many things she liked about Mina.

 

In response she’d cheesily giggled , 'it means you are mine , from now on I announce you as Mine , You are my Best friend , and my one and only, I swear to heavens , that I will always keep your phone vibrating with my messages and make your refrigerator half empty whenever I visit , so you better keep it full'.
 

“The nickname is totally weird , just like you and chessy too , like so EWW”, she paused , ‘which means you need a weirder nickname too, From now on you are ‘1’ , like Nae - one ? wow did i just make a pun ?  she declares proudly , her chin raised high mimicking her voice , ‘I hereby vow to never leave you alone, no matter how weirder or chessier you get, and let you eat my delicious food whenever to want , the doors of my house and my refrigerator are always open for you. ’

 


When was the last time I talked to Mina ?


Nayeon didn’t even realize that the call had been received until she hears a faint voice greeting her and then later a louder shout , " Hey"

 

“Uhmm hi.”


"So it's really you. Huh ?"

 

“Who else would call you from my number ?”

 

“I don’t know, you tell me , you were the one who didn’t receive my calls and now i suddenly get a call from you so I’m gonna be a little suspicious , give me a little credit for that.”

 

A deep silence falls between them and Nayeon battles to form new words. Maybe this was a bad idea , maybe she shouldn’t be calling. Maybe -


" What have you been up to? “ And as usual Mina was the one who broke the silence.


 

Between the two of them Mina had always been the one who broke the awkward silence between them..

 

“Are you gay ?”

 

“Do you like Mina more than just friends?”

 

Playing drunk games never lead to pretty things , she knew that but somehow whenever the girls rounded up , the only thing that would be chosen after a long list of rejected games where the drunk games , and here again, Nayeon was the one trapped in it.

 

It was Mina who had replied in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter