2 Sided Angel

 

Kim Ki Bum, also known as Key, is the son of the most successful fashion designer in New York and South Korea. His father is a businessman; he owns and manages a boutique, along with Key’s mother, selling clothes that Key’s mother designs, owning thousands of branches around the world.

 

While Key, Key is a conceited brat, you should always follow him or else, your life would be hell. His day starts here, ing at people.

 

You’d say he’s the stereotypical rich kid, bratty, arrogant and full of pride, but that’s not just what Key is all about.

 

He rolled his eyes as he walked past the geek who he walked into. His friends followed him, they too are rich and arrogant, and all they care about is themselves and money.

 

“Key oppa!” A girl called in squeaky and flirty voice; this is what Key hates the most, flirts. Key kept on walking along with his friends, ignoring the girl’s calls.

 

Key hoped that the girl won’t reach them, or even catch up with them, but too bad, it seems like it’s his unlucky day today,

 

The girl clung on Key’s arm, Key kept a straight face while walking; he’s keeping himself from punching this girl in the face.

 

“Yah oppa! Talk to me.” The girl said and showed Key a pout, Key’s eye twitched, the more she flirts with him, he ends up hating this girl more and more.

 

“Shut up.” He said. He finally spoke up, if not for this girl’s father; Key would’ve punched her in the face.

 

“O-Oppa?” The girl said and bit her ‘trembling’ lips, there she goes again.

 

Key rolled his eyes. Taemin knows what to do, even before Key could burst and about how he hates that girl. Taemin took the girl by the arm. “Hey! Hannie-ah! Let’s go there okay? Taemin oppa will buy you ice cream.”

 

As Taemin was walking with the girl, Taemin gave them a look, saying, ‘I can handle this.’

 

Key took a deep breath. “I really love how Taemin rescues me from fuming.” He said then massaged his temple.

 

“He knows what to do; I really don’t get Hannie, why does she like you when it’s clearly and obviously shown that you’re shoving her away.” Onew said and shook his head.

 

“I pity Taemin though, it’s obvious that he likes Hannie, but Hannie always ignores him even though he’s always there for her right?” Minho said. Jonghyun looked at his friends. “Since where are you guys like that?”

 

And that earned him a blop from Key.

 

On the other hand, Taemin is grazing at Hannie as she ate her ice-cream, wondering why Key thinks that she’s a flirt, when to Taemin, she’s just an innocent girl, longing for love.

 

Ever since they were young, Taemin has been always there for her, every single time. Taemin has loved her for almost 8 years now.

 

Taemin sighed as he thought, what could I do for you to love me too?

 

Hannie grinned as she finished her ice cream then pulled Taemin up. Hannie started to run back to the campus, startling the thoughts of Taemin.

 

--

As soon as Key got to his condo, he immediately removed his shoes and headed straight to his room. He looked at his wristwatch and saw it’s only 8:00 p.m.

 

He ed the first two buttons of his polo and took out his phone; he sat down then dialled something on the phone.

 

As soon as the person on the other line answered, he spoke, “Hello Ji! May I ask what the time of the charity work tomorrow is?”

 

“Ne, of course oppa, it will be at 3:00 p.m. Are you going to come with me?” ‘Ji’ asked.

“Yes I will, please sleep well Ji! Thank you for the information!” Key said and bade his goodbyes to ‘Ji’.

 

Ji is the girl whom Key adores a lot. And by a lot, it means that Key loves her. Ji is JiWoon, a girl who Key met at one charity work.

 

Key does a lot of charity work in his free time, he loves seeing little kids or old persons smile. He dies a little inside every time he sees an old man or woman eating alone in a restaurant.

 

Behind Key’s y personality, he has a soft and caring heart. The only reason behind his rude personality is his father and society.

 

It’s a long story why he became like that, but he had friends because of his caring personality, they love Key as who he is.

 

The next day came, Key was awakened by his alarm clock as usual, he stood up and went to his closet, and he grabbed some ripped jeans, a plaid polo-shirt and a white sando.

 

After bathing and wearing his clothes, he went to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast, when someone rang the doorbell.

 

He removed his apron and went to door. “Who is it?” He asked as he opened the door.

 

Taemin hugged him as soon as Key opened the door. “Key hyung! I almost blew up my kitchen when I tried to cook!”

 

Key rolled his eyes and pulled Taemin away. “Geez! Don’t ever try to cook again Taemin!” Key said.

 

He pushed Taemin down the couch and headed back to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

 

Taemin, being the kid he is, took the photo album under the television; he never saw that photo album ever since Key moved in this condo.

 

As he opened the photo album, he saw a picture of a girl and Key together in an amusement park. “Key hyung! Who is this girl?” Taemin called from the living room.

 

Key on the other side of the place rushed to Taemin. “Why are you touching my photo album?!” He said and snatched it away from Taemin.

 

“Who is she?” Asked Taemin innocently,

 

“None of your business, now go into the kitchen and just sit there, wait for breakfast.” Key said and closed the photo album, putting it back in its place.

 

“Yes hyung.”

 

Taemin went back to his condo while Key went to the park near where he lives; he misses his home, not really his house where he lives with his dad, but his home.

 

It’s been a while since he saw his mother. And he treats his mother as his home since he feels loved whenever he’s around his mother.

 

“Kibum Oppa!”

 

A familiar voice called Key, he looked back and saw JiWoon running.

 

“JiWoon!” Key said and stopped walking. Jiwoon place his hand on Key’s shoulder as she panted.

 

“Kibum oppa, I’ve been calling you but you didn’t answer, I almost thought it’s not you.” She chuckled and wiped her sweat.

 

“Yah! I told you that you shouldn’t run right? You’re asthmatic.” Key said and patted Jiwoon’s head as he giggled.

 

“But you’re snobbing me and I don’t want that.” Jiwoon argued.

 

“No I’m not, come on, let’s go get some coffee.” Key said and pulled Jiwoon to the nearby cafe.

 

When they reached the cafe, they were greeted by a staff wearing all pink and a heart badge.

 

“Congratulations ma’am, sir! You are our 140th visitor for the month! And that means you get a special treatment! You look like a good couple!”

 

Startled, Jiwoon talked. “A-Ah... N-No...” But even before Jiwoon could talk, the staff pulled them to a table.

 

Key just laughed and went to the flow while Jiwoon is still trying to argue that they’re not a couple. “Just let it Ji-ah!” Key said.

 

“B-But we aren’t a couple.” Jiwoon said and pouted.

 

“It’s okay, it’s not like we are actually a couple, it’s gonna be fun!” Key encouraged Jiwoon. Jiwoon just nodded and went with the flow.

 

“Sir, maam since you are the 140th visitor you’ll have a present from the staff! A couple ring, it shows that you are a couple, please do wear it every day! Now, you’ll get to order anything you want below 20,000 won! Enjoy your meal!” The staff said and went beside the counter, took something and returned to them.

 

“Here is your couple ring! Please do wear it every day!” The staff said and opened the small casket.

 

Key laughed as he picked up the larger ring. “It fits me well!” He exclaimed as he placed the ring on his left ring finger.

 

Jiwoon took the ring and placed it on her right ring finger. “It fits me too!”

 

“I’m glad it does! Now just call me if you made your orders!” The staff said and went back to her place.

 

“Wait that’s not the right finger,” Key said and pointed at Jiwoon’s ring.

 

“Why not?” Jiwoon asked and looked at her right ring finger, in where her ring is placed.

 

Key took off Jiwooon’s ring and placed it on her left ring finger. “That’s the right finger, because I read somewhere that our left ring finger is the only one that has a vein that connects to our heart.”

 

“Really?” Jiwoon asked and looked at her left ring finger.

 

“Yes!”

 

After they ate from that cafe, well Key ate again, they went to Jiwoon’s home.

 

Jiwoon lives with two of her older brothers and she’s the youngest, their parents are working abroad to sustain their needs.

 

As soon as they arrived, Key and Jiwoon were greeted by her older brothers, Donghae and Sungmin.

 

“Annyeong Oppas!” She greeted and gave them a hug.

 

“Kibum! You’re going to go with her again this afternoon?” Donghae asked and placed an arm around his sister’s shoulders.

 

“Yes hyung.” Key answered.

 

“Is that so? Okay then, stay here for a while!” Sungmin said and pulled Key inside.

 

Key is close with Jiwoon’s brothers like his real brothers. He’s as close to them as much how he is close to his friends.

 

Key spent lunch there and when it’s already 1:00 pm, Key bade his goodbyes and returned to his condo to fix his things and donations.

 

Time flew past and 2:30 came, Key wore a casual light pink t-shirt and worn-out jeans, sneakers for footwear.

 

Someone knocked on his door. He immediately went to it and opened it. “Ji!” Key called as he saw Jiwoon.

 

“Oppa, let’s go!”

 

--

 

Key stuffed the box of stuffed toys in his trunk then went inside his car. “Ready?” He asked Jiwoon.

 

“Of course!” Jiwoon nodded and made a fighting gesture.

 

They drove to the Adoption Centre quickly and safely.

 

As soon as they arrived, they were welcomed by children. “Kibum hyung!” A boy about 5 years old welcomed Key with a hug.

 

“Oh! Annyeong JungKyu!” Key said and patted the kid’s head as he entered the house with Jiwoon.

 

Jiwoon was greeted by kids too. They spent their whole afternoon there, playing with kids, giving them toys and entertaining them.

 

This is what made both of them happy, seeing their smiles, those bright smiles, they’re already happy with that and satisfied.

 

Their day ended really fast, they didn’t even realize that it was already 8:00 in the evening. Jiwoon’s brothers are probably worried for her, so Key took her back to her house.

 

--

 

The next day, Key went to school, tired and worn out. But still, he has this energy of insulting people sarcastically.

 

On the other hand, Jiwoon, who has no school for today, decided to visit Key during lunch time, she prepared a special bento just for Key.

 

She rode her bicycle to Key’s school. As soon as she arrived at the gate, she was amazed how there are no bicycle in the parking lot. Just cars... Luxury cars...

 

She entered the gate and asked the guard if she could enter, she’ll just give something to a student named Kim Kibum.

 

The guard looked at her and asked where she studies. When she answered, the guard asked her to write her name down and signature on a notebook.

 

After signing, the guard let her in the school.

 

She was amazed at how Key’s school is so rich... so prestigious... she sees girls with high heels and short skirts, as if they weren’t on school but on a club. Boys with neat looking uniforms, she finds them attractive.

 

She took the map, resting in one of the shelf near the gate and read it.

 

“So I take left to go to the canteen... uh huh...” She nodded then started to walk towards the cafeteria.

 

--

 

“YAH! Do you know how much my coat costs?! Do you know that?! Huh?! How dare you, spill your juice on my coat?!” Key’s voice was heard all over the cafeteria.

 

Recognizing Key’s voice, Jiwoon placed her map down. “Kibum Oppa?”

 

“I-I’m sorry K-Key-ssi...” The freshman student stuttered and bowed his head.

 

“Key! Jiwoon is here!” Jonghyun whispered to Key.

 

Hearing Jiwoon’s name, he quickly looked at the door of the cafeteria and saw Jiwoon’s shocked face.

 

Jiwoon never thought Key is like this, she always thought that Key is caring and loving and... Nice...

 

“J-Jiwoon...!” Key said and ran after Jiwoon who ran away.

 

Jiwoon didn’t knew what to do, she just ran in this unfamiliar place until she found a big old tree, standing in the school field. She went to it and sat down.

 

“Kibum oppa shouts? I never knew he shouts... All I hear from him is his soothing voice...” Jiwoon whispered in the air.

 

Key saw Jiwoon and went to the tree where she’s sitting. He approached her cautiously then sat beside her.

 

“Jiwoon-ah... I’m sorry about that... I was just shocked...” Key said and faced Jiwoon.

 

“You shouldn’t say sorry to me oppa. You’re not the Kibum oppa I knew back there.” Jiwoon said and looked at Key straight in the eye.

 

“It was me, look Jiwoon... I need to explain you everything...”

 

So Key told everything to Jiwoon, about his life, why he’s a bully yet why he has a caring heart, it was all confusing for Jiwoon. But in the end, she accepted it.

 

“I don’t understand, but I know I’ll do, we’re friends right? Don’t be afraid to show to me your other side, I’ll love and accept you for who you are Key oppa.” Jiwoon chuckled.

 

“Key Oppa?” Key asked, she never called him Key oppa, or she doesn’t even know his nickname.

 

“Yes, just learned it from your peers a few days ago. Now, you should say sorry to that guy, I’ll wash your coat don’t worry.” Jiwoon said and stood up.

 

“Here’s your bento by the way, I made it from my heart.” Jiwoon said and gave the lunch box to Key.

 

“Thank you!"