Final.

Training Wheels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It wasn't dark, it wasn't also that dangerous to go out and stroll around the streets. So, why is he lying on the floor with his own blood on the road? Taeyong doesn't know how and why.

After a few minutes, Taeyong can't see anything. The last thing he can remember is a high pitch scream asking for help. 

 

 

"..Yuta? Are you alright?" As if waking up from the greatest nightmare he ever had, Yuta can't stop crying. He was just advised that his one and only best friend got hit by a fast running car. He couldn't do anything but to wait until the car reaches their destination. Taeil, a close friend of his and Taeyong, tries his best to drive faster and stop the younger from crying.

"Taeyong's gonna be alright. He will.. "

 

Once they reached the building, Yuta immediately got off and ran straight to the emergency room. He asked them where he is and the nurse pointed out the closed curtain ward. Yuta didn't hesitate to open it and saw Taeyong lying on the hospital bed, all covered with his blood and few apparatuses attached on his body. He screamed out loud and cried in anger, his best friend doesn't deserve this... any of this. 

 

 

"...his condition is now stable. He's still unconscious but he's not under comma. He'll wake up soon but.." The doctor couldn't continue his words. He looked up to Yuta with apologetic eyes.

"..he couldn't see after this. His eyes were hit by shattered glasses that caused him to go blind. I'm sorry." Yuta widen his eyes in fear and felt his hands shiver. Glad that Taeil is beside him, Yuta felt weak and was caught up by the elder before he hits the floor.

"..I'm sorry." 

 

 

 

Taeyong slowly felt conscious. He tried to move his pinky finger, his foot and slowly opened his eyes lids but why is everything black? He tried to sit up, realizing that the wounds are still fresh when he winced in pain. He can feel his tears slowly falling down from his eyes and still.. he can't see anything. 

When he heard that someone's coming, he lied back to the bed and pretended that he's still asleep. He heard the door opened as the doctor entered with his best friend surely in tow. He can hear them talking and he decided to eavesdrop. 

"Is there any chance that he can still see?" Yuta asked. Taeyong can hear his best friend's sobs and he just want to grab his face and wiped it off his beautiful face. "I'm 74% sure that he can. He just need a donor who will match his cornea." 

".. and what if we can't find a donor?" Yuta felt himself getting weak again.

".. then he can't see permanently..." 

 

 

It wasn't that hard to control yourself from crying. It wasn't that hard to say 'It's okay. you'll get over it soon'. Taeyong thought it wasn't really that hard. But, when he woke up seeing nothing but black, he couldn't stop crying, he couldn't say those comforting words anymore. He's doomed. His world was over after that accident that is not his fault.

"Taeyong?" The said name turned his head from where the voice came from. He can hear silent sobs coming from him and he doesn't want it. He doesn't want to hear his best friend cry.

"Yuta... stop crying."

"How'd you know?" Yuta wiped his tears and sat beside the hospital bed.

"I maybe blind but I'm not dumb, Yuta." Taeyong let out a smile.. just this once.

"I guess so.." Yuta reached out his bony thin hands and intertwine it with his. "But I'm always here for you. I want you to know that."

 

 

And the latter did what he promised. Yuta was always there for when he needs him.

It was the time of the day when Taeyong was allowed to go home now. Yuta took his hands and pressed it tightly. He brushed the bangs from his forehead and clipped it with pins. "You know, you still looks so beautiful with whatever hairstyle you have."

"If only I can see it.." Yuta grabbed the other's hand and guide it to his clipped hair. "Can you guess what clip is that?"

"Is that the clip that I gave you last Christmas?" Yuta smiled.

"Yes and even though it looks so good on me, you need it now. The Doctor told me that your bangs shouldn't touch your eyes." Yuta said and brushed another strand away from his forehead. "You should get a haircut."

"Well, I want you to cut my hair instead. I still want to look presentable, you know."

'Sure.. I'll shave your hair until you get bald."

"YUTA!"

"Just kidding. Of course,I know your preferences." Both Yuta and Taeyong laughed.

 

 

 

"Where am I staying?" Taeyong asked as he can hear the horns of Taeil's car. He knew that he's in the city ones that Taeil blew his horn. That means, he's going to his apartment and it scares him... he doesn't want to be alone. He's new to this and he doesn't even know what will happen to him.

"We're going to your apartment first so that I can grab your things. You'll moving in with me." Yuta said and he can hear Taeyong mumbling things. He laughed it off but he can feel the worry from the other.

"Taeyong, I told you that I'll always be here for you. No matter what."

"..but Yuta..." Before he could finish his sentence, the car stopped and he can hear the unbuckling of belt. He sighed in defeat when Yuta opened the door of Taeil's car. "..I don't have any choice here, aren't I?"

"You just have to trust Yuta, Taeyong. He's the only one that you need the most right now." Taeil said as he pats Taeyong's knee.

 

 

"Hyung.. be honest.. what is Yuta's reaction after he found out about my accident?" Taeyong asked out of the blue that made Taeil turn his head to him. "He can't stop crying, Taeyong. He screamed when he saw you all bloody on that hospital bed." Taeyong nods his head and took a deep breath.

"Don't blame yourself, Tae. It wasn't your fault."

"I know.. but Yuta doesn't deserve all these.."

"He volunteered himself. You didn't ask him to do that.." Taeil was all worried about the other. He knew that getting blind is the last thing that Taeyong wished but he has faith on him. He knew that the other can see again, he just hope that he can get someone to donate a cornea for him.

 

 

"I'm done. Lets go to my apartment now, hyung." Yuta said as he buckled up his belt on the passenger seat. He looked at Taeyong who's all smiling at him. "What's wrong?"

"Did you get my mickey mouse plushie?" Yuta chuckled and threw the plushie to his face. "Of course, . It's your most favorite plushie. How can I forget?"

"I'm glad. I can't sleep without it." Taeyong nuzzled his nose on the plushie and squealed in happiness. "Yeah, If I didn't get it, you'll whine and cry for the whole night just like what you did at the hospital."

"Shut up, Nakamoto."

 

 

 

He just couldn't sleep. Of course, he can't when he can still remember the loud crash and the road where he is lying. He woke up with a jolt, his vision's still black and he can feel a few drops of tears coming from his eyes. He shook his head in realization that he's having a nightmare again. He leaned on his right and he can feel Yuta's arms rubbing his forearm.

"Are you having a nightmare again?" Yuta grabbed the glass of water from the bed side and gave it to Taeyong. The latter took a few sip before he nods his head and buried his head on the palm of his hands.

"I couldn't forget.. I couldn't stop seeing myself on that position." Yuta rubbed his back again. "Maybe because that's the last thing that you saw?"

"Yes, it is.. It cause it's always stuck in my brain. I don't like it." Taeyong cried and that's the last thing that Yuta wanted to see right now. He pulled his best friend on his chest to calm him down. "Shh... Don't cry, Tae. Just think of some great memories so that you can forget about that tragedy. Alright? Think about us... like when I hid your febrezee and you chased me on the hallway of your apartment then I got slipped and you laughed your off..." Taeyong recalled the memory and he chuckled.

"That's a good one.. That's a good punishment after you stole my lavender scent Febrezee.."

"I didn't steal it.. I borrowed it." Yuta protested but felt glad that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter