Not the Doctor

Of Longing (Drabble Compilation)

 

One night, Jaejoong feels a throb in his heart and of all the throbs he’s felt all throughtout living his life, that recent throb has got to be the loudest (he hears it as he’s lying in bed) and the most painful (he clenches a fist and presses it to his chest, trying to sustain the feeling).
 
Yoochun finds him lying on the bed in an uncomfortable position, not missing on the fact that his hyung had a fist pressed to his chest.
 
Jaejoong looks at the door when it squeaks open, and with all he could muster, and in slurred words he says, “Number.”
 
Yoochun doesn’t ask him about it and instead blurts out, “3.” 
 
And Jaejoong knows why exactly he’s feeling what he’s feeling.
 
Yoochun walks closer as he crouches beside Jaejoong’s side of the bed, bringing a hand up reaching enough to pat on Jaejoong’s back. Jaejoong is lying on his bed, face down.
 
“It hurts, Chunnie,” and Yoochun gives him a knowing expression.
 
“Doctor?” he asks, although he knew all too well what Jaejoong would say next.
 
“Not even the doctor could heal me.” Sadly.
 
And at the deep recesses of Yoochun’s mind, he imagines Jaejoong completely healing his heartache as Yunho and Changmin enter the room - as usual, leaving Junsu behind for bullying’s sake.
 
But as he holds Jaejoong’s hand, he whispers a wish the 5 of them share.
 
When that time comes, his soul mate would be happy and free of sickness.