Chapter 1

You’ll Never Know (Unless you try.)

“Are you sure about this??” Jimin squeaks as Taehyung enters the room, phone in hand. Said boy leans against the wall, long slender fingers taping at the screen quickly before nodding, glancing up at Jimin, who is sitting on the floor in front of the couch. 

 

“Yes Jimin-ah,” He says sweetly, boxy smile coming to his face as his phone dings in his hand. 

 

“It’s just... you know I don’t go out like that and there’s gonna be so many people.” Jimin says while looking down, hem of his sweater twiddling between his small thumbs. 

 

“I know which is why you have to tonight.” Taehyung’s soft voice floats up to the smaller boys ears, but he doesn’t look up. “And besides, you do know a few people going.” He adds, sending another message on his phone before stepping forward to sit in front of Jimin. 

 

“Like who.” He scoffs, finally looking at his friend. 

 

They’re sitting in Jimin’s little two bedroom apartment, the sun outside casting a low orange glow through the window. It bounces across the hardwood floor, the walls light and warm. That was Jimin’s favorite part about this place. Sure it’s stuffy at times, but in the stress induced abyss he creates within his mind, the sunset always seems to calm him down. Some nights he even lays on the couch and watches the stars, window cracked open slightly to listen to cars passing by. Usually he stays in, school work flooding his room and making it difficult to allow him any free time, but his professor had canceled class that day, and he luckily managed to finish the pile of work on his desk during the week. 

 

“Well,” Taehyung hums, “Hoseok will be there..” He says, nodding slowly, blonde bangs falling down to brush against his forehead. “Jin is catching a ride with him. Yoongi will obviously be there being it is his house, he’s bringing some guy, Na-uh..”

 

“Namjoon.” 

 

“Right.” Taehyung nods swiftly, eyebrows burrowed. “That’s it. Well, besides Jungkook.” He says, hand grabbing his phone off the floor to respond to a message.

 

Jimin swallows thickly at the last name, nervousness coming back. Jungkook. One of Taehyung’s supposed friends that he made in his literature class. Jimin has never met the boy, being that his own classes are halfway across campus, he never really runs into Taehyung much, unless he’s doing things he shouldn’t be doing. 

 

Jimin has always been timid with strangers, they make him feel uncomfortable, but he assumes that now that they’re in college he should try to loosen up a bit. But a party? That doesn’t feel like the right choice. 

 

Jimin leans his back against the couch legs, body sore from practicing for hours. He sighs, foot subconsciously tapping lightly at the floor. 

 

“Anyways,” Taehyung says with a cough, suddenly putting his attention on Jimin, eyes slowly raking up and down the boy, making him feel slightly awkward. “What are you going to wear?”

 

“Oh I don’t know...” he whispers, shaking his head slightly. “This isn’t okay?” 

 

“Not at all.” Tae laughs, hands reaching out to pull Jimin up before standing himself. 

 

“I’ll go find you and outfit,” He says in a soft voice, facial features softening even more as he studies the smaller boy. He can tell he’s nervous, social outings never have been his thing. “Go wash up, yeah?”

 

“Yeah.” He responds quietly, watching as Taehyung flashes him a quick smile as the apartment door shuts. 

 

Although there are dorms on campus, Taehyung and Jimin always liked the thought of getting a place downtown, felt more grown up to them. Tae was going to be Jimin’s roommate, but after hearing stories of his late night activities Jimin quickly suggested that they get separate places for privacy reasons. So Taehyung rented his apartment 4 floors under Jimin’s. 

 

Jimin slowly shuffled down the hallway and into the bathroom, scratching at his ears as he thinks about the people on the invite list. Only one name keeps popping up in his mind. Jungkook. He grabs his tooth brush, humming to himself as he squeezes a generous amount of blue goo onto it. He had only seen pictures of Jungkook, which Taehyung had taken of him in class when he wasn’t paying attention. From what he could tell, the boy had hard features when he’s focused, jaw sharp. His jet black bangs covered his eyes, slender fingers holding his pencil against the paper. He had been wearing all black from what Jimin could see, black hoodie with a black shirt peeking out from behind the zipper. 

 

Jimin sighs, swishing the liquid back in forth in his mouth. He knew Jungkook was younger then him, Taehyung had said so, and that made him sort of nervous. He didn’t necessarily like being around younger people, often times they were immature, and seeing that he’s Taehyungs friend, it would make sense. 

 

“But I guess I can’t complain,” Jimin thinks with a laugh. He grabs a towel off the rack near by his shower and flips the faucet on, letting the cool water run between his fingers. There’s a knock on the door and he ignores it, knowing Taehyung will just let himself in, and he’s right. 

 

He can hear Tae talking as the apartment door shuts behind him, sound rustling from the other room. He brings the wet towel up to his face, scrubbing lightly to try and get rid of the dark circles formed under his eyes. 

 

“That’s not gonna work.” A voice says, startling him. He glances over at the laughing voice, almost a growl, before grabbing towel he had dropped out of the sink. 

 

“Here.” Taehyung says, stepping into the small bathroom with a white plastic bag in hand. “Sit.” And Jimin does, glancing at him with confusion. 

 

Taehyung rumbles through the bag, face twisted for a second before he pulls out a small, long object.

 

“Close your eyes.” He instructs, tearing the plastic wrap off the object before placing himself in front of Jimin, whose sitting on the toilet seat. 

 

“Makeup?” He asks in bewilderment, but Tae just nods, taking the smaller boys chin between his thumb and forefinger. 

 

“Trust me.” He chuckles, rubbing the stick against the underneath of Jimin’s eyes. The product is cold, sliding onto his face with ease. He can feel Tae draw shapes similar to upside down triangles, and he sighs. 

 

“Stay there don’t move. Do not move.” Taehyung says quickly, shuffling to obtain something from the plastic bag before taking Jimin’s face gently once again. 

 

“What are you doing?” Jimin whispers, the smell of cosmetics wafting up his nose. 

 

“Concealing.” Tae replies simply, bopping what feels like a round sponge against his face. “You don’t want to look like a zombie right?” The boy asks, continuing to pound away at Jimin’s face. 

 

“No- can you do that softer please!” Jimin whimpers out a laugh, hands flying up to grab Taehyung’s wrist to slow the movement momentarily. 

 

“Although,” Taehyung whispers, leaning back to analyze his friends face. 

 

“Hm?”

 

“I mean there’s nobody you really gotta look good for at the party. I just don’t want Jungkook to think I have grubby friends.” He says, laughing as Jimin reaches out to hit him. 

 

“You’re the only grubby boy in our friend group!” He squeaks, but allows Taehyung to finish. 

 

“Done.” He hums, walking to the door. Jimin gets up from where he was sitting, leaning into his sink to look at his face. 

 

“Wow!” The short boy smiles, his bags completely gone. 

 

“I know right. Hang on” Tae says, smiling before quickly strutting down the hall. 

 

“Cmon,” Jimin hears  Tae say as he walks past the bathroom further down the hall. “We’re gonna need the bed for this.” 

 

“FOR WHAT?” Jimin yells, quickly walking to his bedroom where the light has been flipped on. 

 

“Pants off, now.” Taehyung says, not looking at him as he pulls out clothing from a different bag. 

 

“Wha-?” 

 

“Come on Jiminie! I wanna get there before the others do!” He whines, huffing a little as Jimin pulls off his pants, kicking them off to the side.

 

His bedroom isn’t very big, consists of a king sized bed, a desk and a closet. He has books littering the floor around his backpack, pencils flung about on the ground. 

 

Taehyung motions for him to step closer, leaning down for Jimin to step into a black pair of ripped jeans. 

 

“Uh these are so small Tae..” He says, tugging as hard as he can to get them over his thighs with no success. 

 

“They’re gonna look so good.” The talker boy says, suddenly pushing Jimin to where he’s bending over the edge of his bed. 

 

“Kim Taehyung!” 

 

“Just trust me!” Said boy yells, taking in a deep breath before jumping, roughly pulling the jeans farther up on Jimin’s legs.

 

“These aren’t gonna fit!” He grunts, losing his balance and tripping onto the bed with a particularly strong tug. 

 

“They are! Just try to sit down while I pull them up!” Tae says, helping Jimin to sit back up, jeans constricting his legs. 

 

“For s sake Tae how-“

 

“Just TRY TO SIT DOWN, THREE TWO ON-“ 

 

Jimin falls back against the boy. They both let out a long grunt, Jimin stumbling backwards as Tae pulls the jeans up over his , holding him up like that. He feels Tae wheeze, suddenly letting go of the jeans and letting Jimin fall onto the floor with a loud thud. 

 

“Hey!” Jimin screeches, sore from impact. 

 

“We just have to do the front.” Tae sighs, tired as hell, before straddling Jimin quickly to tug the button together and zipping the pants up. 

 

“You’re heavy!” Jimin groans, coughing slightly at Tae’s weight pressing on his stomach. 

 

“We got it.” Taehyung says, almost in shock as he collapses against the boy, breathing heavy. “Jesus ing Christ stop working out you don’t realize how big your has gotten.” He grunts with a airy laugh. 

 

Jimin feels like he’s been stuffed in a suitcase, doesn’t know how he’s going to even be able to move. 

 

“Did you have to get a pair four sizes to small?” 

 

“Yes. Because they make you look great.” He says, pushing himself up to stare at the boy beneath him. Jimin bites his lip, chest rising a little faster then before. Taehyung clucks his tongue, smiling before getting up to pull a shirt out of the bag, handing it to the other male. 

 

“Come on. We got a party to go to.” 

 

____________________________________________

 

If you guys are interested in this story and would like for me to continue, please let me know in the comments and I’ll start writing chapter two!