Fin.

Love Me Again || Chanbaek

Baekhyun is getting frustrated. He’s frustrated and sad to be quite honest. 

 

He’s talked to Chanyeol about this before but the taller reassured him he was just being silly. 

 

Chanyeol is just sitting there, in their living room, talking and laughing happily with his ex girlfriend, Sandra. Now Sandra was very nice of course, her and Chanyeol recently just became close again as friends and Baekhyun didn’t mind at first then it started to get to him since the girl was such model material and was very nice in general. Why wouldn’t Chanyeol like her? He sure seems to, anyway. And he doesn’t seem to notice his lover’s absence.

 

Baekhyun was in the kitchen, looking at the from where he sat, pouting softly as he ate his ramen quietly since Chanyeol and Sandra already had dinner before the smaller got home from work. 

 

He sniffled a little since he missed when it was just him and Chanyeol at times like this where they could just be watching a movie whilst cuddling happily or something. Baekhyun felt like she was taking Chanyeol away from him if he was being honest and It didn’t feel good. 

 

This has been going on for the past month and like mentioned earlier, Baekhyun has addressed to Chanyeol his concerns, softly telling him in a small voice how he didn’t like how much time Chanyeol was spending with Sandra instead of him but Chanyeol just told him they were catching up and doing regular things friends do. Baekhyun only pouted looking down and nodded. Yes he still kisses and holds him at night but it used to be way more than that, he doesn’t recall the last time Chanyeol told him he looked pretty. But why would he when he could look at oh so perfect Ms. Sandra? Baekhyun thought. He frowned and pushed the ramen bowl away and just went upstairs, going unnoticed by his lover once again. 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“Chanyeollie? Do you wanna go to the movies?” Baekhyun asked whilst they were sitting in their house, just relaxing since it was their day off. 

 

Chanyeol looked up from his phone and smiled at Baekhyun then shrugged. “Hmmm that sounds good, can Sandra come? She’s been wanting to see the new avengers movie” he mumbled as Baekhyun bit his lip and fidgeted a little. 

 

“I mean I just.. I thought it could like be a date or something?” He mumbled softly, he never had the heart to say no to Chanyeol’s requests but he truly just wanted him to himself for at least two hours at the movies or something.

 

Chanyeol saw that Baekhyun had been a little quiet about it so he got up and held his waist, kissing him softly. “Of course it can be a date sweetheart” he mumbled softly to which Baekhyun smiled a little and hugged him close, burying his face in the taller’s chest and holding him tightly since he wanted to treasure every moment they had for their own. 

 

-

 

Fast forward to the end of the day and Baekhyun just gave up simply. Sandra didn’t fail to show up, it was after their movie date that the girl asked if she could go with them to get dinner, Baekhyun only sighed softly and said yes since he knew Chanyeol would be happier with his new best friend here.

 

 

So whilst they were at the small cozy diner, Baekhyun leaned on Chanyeol, playing with his food a little as he stared at it and barely listened to the conversation between the other two. 

 

Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun wasn’t eating his food and looked down at the boy, his hair. “Baby? Why aren’t you eating?”. Baekhyun looked up at him, surprised that Chanyeol even acknowledged him before he shrugged softly. 

 

“I um I guess I’m not that hungry” he mumbled in a small voice, Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows in concern and was about to say something when Sandra who was sitting across from them excitedly started to tell him a story that happened with her at work, Baekhyun glanced up for a moment before he went to the bathroom to wash up. 

 

It was like that sometimes, Chanyeol would notice some off behaviors from Baekhyun but would end up easily forgetting once they were in bed or something and Baekhyun was half glad, he didn’t want to be bother Chanyeol with what he called silly the last time. 

 

-

 

It’s been like this for two more months and baekhyun’s started to feel depressed, helpless, and certainly unloved. He doesn’t think or want to believe that Chanyeol knows what he’s doing since he’s always been oblivious. Chanyeol could go two days without even giving Baekhyun a kiss and it didn’t go unnoticed by the smaller who would later cry himself to sleep after the taller slept since it truly felt like Chanyeol slipped out of his fingers and that he was gonna leave him any minute now. 

 

On Saturdays the couple and their friends would have movie nights, Baekhyun would he cuddled up to Chanyeol but it didn’t feel the same, Chanyeol’s hold didn’t seem so caring anymore, he wasn’t kissing him randomly every two minutes like he used to since he’d be talking to Sandra quietly most of the time and it was getting to Baekhyun, he just stopped joining the movie nights at all at one point and went to bed, Chanyeol would come in late when they’d finish, he’d hug and kiss Baekhyun softly as the boy slept but he wouldn’t notice the dry tear stains on his hollow cheeks since he’d be tired and just go to bed, spooning the smaller gently and whispering loving words to him as if nothing was wrong. 

 

Chanyeol might’ve been always oblivious but with work it’s been getting worse since he’d spend most of his time working then when he wants to spend time with his friends he just wants to be happy and doesn’t notice that the person he’s happiest with is at his worst right now. 

 

-

 

One day, they were both getting lunch at their favorite small diner, finally a day of their own. 

 

Baekhyun was still quiet and Chanyeol was his usual self, acting as if nothing was wrong since he assumed his lover was just tired of work. 

 

Chanyeol was talking to him about his annoying co worker as Baekhyun listened quietly and ate slowly, when suddenly a screech was heard and baekhyun’s name was being yelled from across the diner. Baekhyun’s head snapped to the sound as he suddenly saw a guy running to hug him which startled him and Chanyeol. 

 

“Yah” Chanyeol glared at guy and stood up as Baekhyun just stared in shock since he didn’t see the strangers face. 

 

“Oh my god Baekhyunnie you’re still so short!” He stranger laughed happily as Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and stepped back, remembering that voice and laugh. 

 

“A-ah Matt?” He mumbled and once he saw the guys face as he quickly hugged him again and smiled widely, “oh my god it is you!” The smaller laughed happily for the first time in a while as Chanyeol just stood their confused. 

 

They hugged for a little before Baekhyun pulled away and smiled at him. “You’re still a giant as well” he tsked as Matthew laughed softly.

 

Chanyeol coughed to get their attention which he did, he raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun who bit his lip and smiled a little. 

 

“Um this is Matthew.. we used to date in college” he chuckled sheepishly as Matthew smiled down at Baekhyun. 

 

“Matt, this is Chanyeol, my boyfriend” he said softly as Matt then smiled at Chanyeol and nodded at him. 

 

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m glad baekhyunnie here has someone to take care of him.. he’s always been so needy” he mumbled with a small teasing chuckle as he rubbed baekhyun’s back. Chanyeol kept a straight face and nodded, not liking the way that man touched HIS baekhyunnie. 

 

“Right. He does” he mumbled and pulled Baekhyun to him gently, holding his waist a little possessively, making Baekhyun frown a little but not show it. 

 

“I um.. it was really nice seeing you Matt.. do you live here now or are you just visiting?” He asked softly with a smile before he and Matt continued with their conversation , making Chanyeol a little irritated. 

 

-

 

When they were back home Chanyeol huffed and put his coat on the hanger. “I don’t like that guy, he was obviously all over you” he mumbled and took of his shoes whilst Baekhyun bit his lip and shrugged. “No he wasn’t, he just missed me since we haven’t seen each other in like years” he mumbled as he too took off his shoes. 

 

“Don’t be stupid baekhyun, he’s literally in love with you and I don’t want you around him” he said a little sternly as Baekhyun frowned more. “I didn’t like the fact that you were hanging out with Sandra who you’ve been bffing for the past two months but you didn’t even care” he mumbled and huffed, sniffling as he quickly went upstairs quietly whilst Chanyeol stood there and looking at him with furrowed eyebrows before following. 

 

“Well you accepted it after so why are you suddenly upset with it?” He asked confused as Baekhyun started to change, not looking at him. “Forget it Chanyeol, I wont talk to Matt if you don’t want me to” he said softly, not wanting to fight. Chanyeol only frowned more, feeling really bad now since it felt like baekhyun seemed really hurt at this moment. 

 

“Baek- you know I’d never do anything to hurt you right? We talked about Sandra before and you seemed fine with it. Aren’t you? I mean we hang out together all the time-“

 

“You hang out together. I just sit with you and listen to you two talk about things you used to do when you were together” Baekhyun snapped but still didn’t raise his voice but then bit his lip when chanyeol got silent and frowned even more. “I... I’m sorry. I don’t mind you and Sandra hanging out.. you seem happy and that’s fine” he mumbled softly and glanced at Chanyeol. 

 

“ It just .. it feels like you don’t care about me anymore” he whispered as his eyes welled with tears which he tried to hide. 

 

Immediately that was a red flag for Chanyeol who immediately went to hug Baekhyun close, holding him as if he’d disappear any moment and kissing his head repeatedly, gulping and trying not to cry as he thought about how hurt Baekhyun really was by all of this. 

 

He couldn’t believe he just hurt the one he loved most so much to the point where Baekhyun felt uncared for. It was alarming for Chanyeol. 

 

“Baekhyun.. god Baekhyun that’s not true.. it’s not true” he whispered softly as Baekhyun cried silently in the tallers chest. 

 

“I.. I just thought that you were fine with it since you didn’t mind hanging out with her... i didn’t know you felt so upset with it.. god Baekhyun I’m so sorry” he kept whispering and nuzzled his head in baekhyun’s hair. 

 

 

“You’re the most important person in my life. You always will be, Baekhyun. You always are. I just.. I got so caught  up with being friends with Dara I suppose...” he frowned, hating himself for being such a ing idiot all these times Baekhyun was so quiet when he used to be this giggly happy mochi. 

 

Baekhyun only sniffled softly and clutched onto Chanyeol’s shirt tightly, crying his heart out for the man he loved so much. 

 

“I-i just want y-you to love me a-again..” he whispered and cried more as Chanyeol felt tears in his eyes. 

 

“I do.. I do love you. I love you so so much Baekhyun. I love you more than anything and anyone in this world and I’m so sorry I hurt you” He said softly, his voice cracking at the end. The thought of his baby hurting so much because of him made the taller despise himself and even if Baekhyun decides to somehow forgive him he’d never forgive himself. Baekhyun felt comfort within Chanyeol’s words since they sounded so sincere but he still doubted himself if he was good enough even. 

 

“She’s all p-pretty n smart n I’m just .. not that... I don’t want her to take you away from me..” he whispered as Chanyeol kept shaking his head and comforting him. 

 

“You’re the most beautiful and smartest and funniest and most amazing loving person I’ve ever met Baekhyun. You have such a kind heart and the only stupid thing you’ve ever done is let yourself be unhappy because of me.. your happiness is my first priority and I’m so sorry I’m blind sometimes but that doesn’t mean I don’t care for you.. I guess I just want and assume you’re happy so I don’t have to worry which is also dumb I know..” he explained as Baekhyun looked up at him finally, he bit his lip and leaned up , tip toeing to kiss Chanyeol’s lips passionately. 

 

“I.. I love you so much too Chanyeol.. so so much” he whispered against his lips and pulled away, still cupping the man’s face as he looked at him gently. 

 

“Please forgive me” Chanyeol whispered as he held baekhyun’s hand in his and kissed it gently. 

 

“I do, I do forgive you.. just.. just keep loving me” he mumbled and hugged him again as Chanyeol smiled a bit. 

 

“I will. I always will. Forever” he whispered and kissed his head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next time Dara called, Baekhyun answered, shamelessly as the man pounded him with a small smirk.