-2-

Anemone Heart

 

-2-


 

“I’m not sure about this, Chan.” Jongin elbowed his arm on the table. Chanyeol sighed. Jongin’s room felt a bit hot since they didn’t switch on the aircond.

They just got back from Angel’s Smile. Chanyeol decided to sleepover at Jongin’s house since it’s late and he wanted to discuss about Soo Ah’s present. After informing his parents about the sleepover and having a bath, the taller quickly asked his friend regarding what they should do about the vase.

“Your savings?” Asked the taller to the dazed Jongin. Jongin shook his head.

“It’s not enough even if you combine yours with mine.”

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair. One of his habits when he was in problem, for him when he did that, everyone knew he’s in problem, that’s why his hair was messy. While Jongin chose to stare at the ceiling and dazed as he thought of the solution for the vase.

“What if…” Jongin averted his gaze to Chanyeol. “We still give her antique things, but not the vase. We will change it with another thing.”

“Sounds like a good idea. Where’d we get that?”

“Lapis Lazuli.” The spectacle boy answered. Chanyeol widened his eyes.

“Are you serious?”. Jongin nodded. “Just going there with Soo Ah still doesn’t make me feel safe around that granny’s store.”

“We’ll go together. How about we survey the items tomorrow? About 10 in the morning.”

“Well…since I’m at your house, I don’t see the harm of going there with you.” The taller replied which made Jongin smiled.

-

Lapis Lazuli.

The antique shop that was run by Granny Choi. It was located at the outskirt of the town. The shop was built with woods that were painted white and had a vintage concept. Granny Choi often dressed in black and had her hair untied. The towns’ people were scared of her because of her appearance and her odd behavior. She didn’t talk much. She preferred being alone in the shop with her black cat.

Both of them eyed each other before entering the shop lawn. They gulped. Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol and Jongin stepped into Lapis Lazuli.

“Morning,” Jongin greeted as he bowed to the old woman that was her cat at the counter. “Granny, may I asked, where’s the cheap things are located?”

The old woman just pointed her finger to the left side of the shop. Continuing to her cat, Jongin replied with a soft thank.

Chanyeol felt her behavior was the same when he visited the shop with Soo Ah. He just followed Jongin to the section that sold cheap items as searched by Jongin.

“What should we get her?” The taller queried.

“Just look for something she will like, I guess.” The former said. Chanyeol just proceed finding something that might made Soo Ah’s love it.

Chanyeol saw something that caught his eyes after a few minutes of looking here and there. “Psst…Jongin…”

Jongin raised his eyebrows as Chanyeol took a wooden flute. They both observed the flute for a moment.

“Think she will like it?” The taller asked. Jongin bit his lips, thinking. He turned the flute to every angle.

“Guess so. There’s carving on it. And…” Jongin touched the carving. It was a carving of wolf. “…It’s a unique one. I bet we will never find one like this. You get her this, Chanyeol.”

“You?” Chanyeol looked at the spectacle boy. Jongin shook his head.

“There’s nothing that interest me enough except for the flute you’ve got. I felt like I had to search for something else.”

Both of them went to pay for the flute. They parted ways.

Jongin scratched his head as he thought what to get Soo Ah. He still had three weeks before her birthday. He guessed that he will find something sooner or later.

-

Soo Ah groaned in pain when the ball hit her shoulder. Her class was having PE today. Her classmates decided to play basketball. However, her lack of concentration made the ball that was passed hit her even when she was a bit good at sport.

It’s been two weeks and as usual Soo Ah spent her time with Chanyeol because Jongin won’t be back from the boarding school until next week. She couldn’t imagine what the boys will give her on her birthday. It was all because of Chanyeol. He told her that they will give her something special.

Well, as someone that never received presents on her birthday. She was quite excited with how the things going on. She could say that it was the first birthday she looked forward most. This time, it’s not the chocolate cake her mother baked as always. The gifts were what made her leaped with joy.

Soo Ah continued to play as she thought about the upcoming days.

-

“Son, there’s a letter for you.”

Chanyeol looked at his mother. The woman was watching the television as she informed him. He took the envelope on the coffee table in front of the television.

“Jongin?”

It had been two weeks and five days prior to Soo Ah’s birthday. Chanyeol opened the letter as he stepped to his room. Inside there was a necklace with wooden cylindrical crafting. The taller read the letter Jongin sent him.

 

Hey, Chan!

It’s been two weeks. A very long time for me till the day. I’ve found this necklace one day as I was walking in my school garden. I asked around if somebody lost their necklace. It took one week and no one ever appeared to take the necklace. I thought about taking it at first, then, I decided to ask around once more. Still, no one came. So, I just made a conclusion that fate wanted me to do something with the necklace. I decided that the necklace will be the gift for Soo Ah on her birthday.

In case, I didn’t come back the week of her birthday I entrusted the necklace in your care. Give it to her.

Sincerely,

Jongin.

 

“What the heck…? Is he serious…?” Chanyeol took the necklace. “It’s pretty.”