More Than Gucci

More Than Gucci

"Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? You are! Yes, you are!"

 

Tzuyu coos at her dog, Gucci. She loves dogs. Everyone around her knew it. Yet there is still one person who still can't wrap her head around how one dog can keep Tzuyu's attention away from her. 

 

Her very own girlfriend

 

"Jagiya~ Come play with me instead" Dahyun says forming her lips into a pout. Her arms wide open as if coercing the younger into a hug. She stayed that way for a few moments. Hoping that Tzuyu would atleast give her a smile. Yet, there was nothing. "Please?" Dahyun, nearly all but whimpered when Tzuyu barely glances her way. 

 

"Tzuyu-ah... Notice me, please." Dahyun begged. She started her way towards the Taiwanese girl, but Gucci suddenly barked, causing her to halt her steps. 

 

The paler girl tried to overcome her fear of dogs... for Tzuyu. She knew how much Gucci meant to her, how dogs in general meant to her; she wanted to do something about it... all for her. 

 

"I miss you" Dahyun mumbled. "I really do" with dejected steps she quietly exited the room. 

 

Tzuyu didn't hear her, she really didn't. But when Gucci suddenly barked, she was snapped out of her reverie. She spent all her time with her girlfriend, but she rarely sees her dog. So she was a bit... swept away by seeing the creature after a year. 

 

After that though, she heard her girlfriend. She missed her? How could her unnie miss her? They have never left each others side. Atleast, Tzuyu thinks they haven't. Combing her fingers through his fur she drifted off into her own world. 

 

Gucci has been here for nearly two weeks. Her mother finally brought her to Korea while the group has been resting after their promotions. She missed the canine. She really did. Everytime Gucci looked at her with those eyes, she just loses it. But there is one pair of eyes she would love to look into again. 

 

"I've done wrong huh Gucci." She says, ruffling his fur. He didn't do anything back, just stared at her with his eyes as if saying did you just realize that now? "I've been a bad girlfriend to unnie." She whispered to herself. Her hands stilling, stopping the movements of her brushing her dog's fur. 

 

Gucci stood up and wagged his tail, his tounge lolling to the side. "It's been two weeks... I'm the absolute worst! Oh no. Would unnie forgive me? I've literally been ignoring her for weeks!" Tzuyu exclaimed. "Weeks!"  Tzuyu suddenly stood up, making Gucci nearly fall to the floor. 

 

"Sorry boy. But I have some work to do."

 

Gucci merely barked back and proceeded to make himself comfortable on their couch. His head tucked in between his paws, as his gleaming eyes followed his master. 

 

Tzuyu paced around the room. Her frantic steps making a pattern. Calling everyone she knew, a plan started forming inside her head. 

 

~~~

 

Tzuyu still couldn't stop panicking. Her mind raced with the thoughts of : Would Dahyun forgive her? Would Dahyun still be mad?  

 

If you think about it, it wasn't that big of a deal. But Dahyun was the more affectionate one of the two. She craves attention. She needs attention. Attention that only Tzuyu could give her. Yet, Tzuyu failed her. 

 

Her phone started ringing, and her heart rate started picking up. Looking at the caller ID, she  sees it was Momo-unnie. 

 

"Hey Tzuyu! Dahyun is about to go back to the dorm. Make sure everything is ready, pabo-yah!"

 

"Thank you unnie! Thank you so much!"

 

"Don't make her sad again Tzuyu-ah! I might steal her away from you. "

 

Tzuyu groaned hearing that. Momo courted Dahyun the same time Tzuyu did. Tzuyu was just lucky enough to win her heart. 

 

"Momo-unnie~" Tzuyu whined. She can't bear the thought of loosing her tofu. Her small, precious Dahyunnie. 

 

"I'm kidding Yoda! Anyway, you should hurry. Good luck!"

 

"Thank you unnie!"

 

Tzuyu hung up the phone and called over Gucci. "Yah, Gucci." She says, tying a piece of paper around his neck "You shouldn't scare my Dahyunnie okay? Lead her here and don't show the paper just yet. Just lead her here. Okay?"

 

Gucci barked and wag his tail, making his owner laugh. Hearing doorbell ring, Tzuyu ushered Gucci towards the door as she grabed the bouquet of roses she got awhile ago. 

 

She could hear her girlfriend come in, and heard a little squeak. Gucci probably came near her. Tzuyu let out a small laugh. But her thoughts still wouldn't stop racing. 

 

She saw Gucci run towards her in the living room. She looked down to prepare herself, then she took a deep breath, and looked up. 

 

"Tzuyu? What's this?" Dahyun asked, her eyes roaming the once living room turned into a very romantic open setting complete with lights and soft music. 

 

Tzuyu smiled and walked towards her girlfriend, her hands holding out the bouquet. "For you, my tofu" she says, her voice a bit soft. 

 

Dahyun took hold of the flowers and can suddenly feel herself tear up "Wha-"

 

Tzuyu cut her off with a kiss. Successfully making the latter shut up. "I'm sorry Dahyunnie." She says hugging the small tofu, making sure not to squish the bouquet. "Sorry for not being a good girlfriend to you." 

 

Dahyun was still in a daze as she put down the bouquet on the sofa. She turned to Tzuyu with soft eyes but was surprised when Gucci started pawing at her. 

 

She heard Gucci bark and the music started to play a slow song. "I know how you love dancing Hyunnie~" Tzuyu said offering her hand to her. "May I have this dance?"

 

Dahyun placed her hand on her love's hand. They both started to sway with the music, when Dahyun suddenly laid her head on Tzuyu's shoulder, halting their movements. 

 

Tzuyu could hear her sniffling. Her heart constricted, she couldn't stand that she was the cause of her tears. Her trembling arms wrapped around Dahyun, hugging her, encompassing her in her warmth. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Dahyunnie"

 

They both slowly fell to the ground. Dahyun still in Tzuyu's arms. Tzuyu signalled Gucci closer, and the dog proceeded to paw at Dahyun once again. 

 

She could feel Dahyun tremble, and could hear her whimpers. "Dahyunnie, look. I think Gucci wants to show you something"

 

Dahyun slowly looked up, and took a peek at Gucci. Her eyes travelling to the white slip of paper tied around his neck. 

 

Reaching a trembling hand towards the dog, she took the piece of paper from him. After Gucci barked once and left the couple alone. 

 

Tzuyu brushed Dahyun's hair. Trying her best to calm her down. "Honey, why don't you read what's inside."

 

Dahyun opened it, took a glance, and proceeded to sob harder. Her hands grasping the shirt of the younger Taiwanese. 

 

"Was it too much?" Tzuyu asked worridly. Her hands didn't stop in caressing Dahyun's hair and back. Dahyun suddenly pulled back and kissed Tzuyu. Hard. 

 

"I missed you, you Yoda!" She said. A smile once again overtaking her features, her sobs not quite yet slowing down. 

 

"I'm really sorry Dahyun-ah! I'll make it up to you. Promise." Tzuyu said, wiping her girlfriend's tears with her thumb. 

 

"You're all I need Tzuyu ah" Dahyun says "You're all I need." 

 

Tzuyu finally smiled. A big one that reached her ears. She cupped Dahyun's face and said 

"I meant what I wrote honey. You are the best thing that happened to me. Kim Dahyun, I love you. I love you more than Gucci. Remember that. Okay?"

 

She pulled Dahyun against her and whispered sweet nothing's in her ear. The latter's arms encircling the taller. 

 

Tzuyu felt her heart be at ease. Her love wasn't mad at her. She was in her arms, and nothing could beat this. Nothing could be better.

 

"Jagiya~"

 

She heard Dahyun suddenly say. 

 

"Yeah?" Tzuyu says

 

"I love you too"

 

Tzuyu could feel herself blush as she buried herself in her girlfriend's locks. She heard her girlfriend's teary laugh reverberate around the room. Nevermind, she thought, hearing those words come out of her girlfriendms mouth, was the best thing in the entire world.