Chapter 6 - breathe

Two Oceans

Baekhyun stilled by the words, it was so soft yet the protective tone was clear as always. He hated it regardless because it was just ownership not actual want. 

"I can't believe you left me behind Chanyeol, I thought I was a part of this crew too" Baekhyun whispered, voice exhausted. He was so tired of running in circles he just wanted answers. "Baekhyun, I considered you a part of this crew the moment I brought you on my ship" Chanyeols voice was now neutral and he let go of Baekhyun and returned to his chair. "I left you behind because there's no way you would have kept up with us after what happened last night that's all" Chanyeol spoke as if this was common knowledge to Baekhyun already and Baekhyun felt annoyed with such a straight forward explanation and hated that it made sense.

"I could have kept up! I was completely fine when I woke up, and everyone knew how much I wanted to see Atlantis!" he starts defending himself sadness suddenly gone "First of all, it's not called Atlantis" Chanyeol chuckles, he knows he has already won and Baekhyun is just realizing how his over thinking wound him up picking a fight with his Captain. The realization of what he just did is kicking in, did he really try to punch Chanyeol in the face. "Secondly, are you saying you could have done a 30 minute deep dive? And then a 5 hour walk around the city, fully enjoying yourself the entire time and getting to see it all?" Chanyeols tone is drenched in sarcasm and mockery, but no ill intent, he finds it humorous.

"But... when will I ever get this opportunity again" Baekhyuns words are laced with sadness, he doesn't know what else to do, how can he just accept this, he was the one helping to navigate all this time.

"Baekhyun, as long as I'm your Captain, you'll never miss any opportunity to have an adventure" Chanyeol replies to the saddened Baekhyun now looking glossy eyed "And I don't remember telling the crew how long we would stay here so why do you not think we will go visiting Atlas (Baekhyun was close with the naming Atleast) again.

Baekhyun now looks up, so hopeful and excited now turning his frown into a gleeful smile showing just how young the boy was "You mean I can go?" Baekhyun asked excitedly, eyes widened like a pup. 

"We can go tomorrow morning, meet me here at 7" Chanyeol says nonchalantly "Great! I'll go and tell Sehun and Jongdae the good news!" Baekhyun was glad, he got to experience this new world too with his crew "uhm no" Chanyeol clears his throat "It's just going to be the two of us going" Baekhyun swears he sees a tinge of pink on Chanyeols ears but there is no way that's possible, he automatically smiles and wants to comment before the voice speaks again "Now get out, and if you ever attempt to punch me again, you'll be losing that arm of yours"

"Y-yes sir, I mean... Captain, uhm Thank you" Baekhyun scurries out of there, he took too many chances already.

He heads back to his dorm, where Sehun and Jongdae were waiting for him and apologized to them, he said he was feeling ill this morning but decided to leave the part about him and Chanyeol having for another time.

He couldn't wait for tomorrow. It was a date.