/uno/

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea (3:00) A.M

Kim Residence, Apgujeong-dong

 

The rain which had just started to descend upon the sleeping people of Seoul was a curse to one person. Kim Hanbin. He despised the innocent rainfall with a passion that no one could understand. He had just fallen asleep, his plain white duvet abandoned at the bottom of his king sized bed, when his ears perked up to the soft rhythm of the pitter patter of the rain. Hanbin grumbled and howled at the sound of the much hated rain. He spat out some vulgar words before harshly grabbing his black tee which he threw on the floor just a few moments before. Every time it rained, he always ended up in the same room. His hands grazed over the slightly familair keys, now dusty from abandonment. He blew the particles away and hesitantly, let his fingers push down on the keys. Nocturne op.9 No.2 by Chopin enveloped the dim room as Hanbin allowed the music to take over him. 

Hanbin was so lost in the music, he hadn't heard his dad barge in. "Stop that nuisance right now, son."

His hands which danced across the piano came to an abrupt halt, his eyes opened wide at the sound of his dad's low but angry voice. His head dropped as he mumbled, "." This wasn't good. It never was.

"Abeoji..."

His dad wasn't a very big man, but he commanded attention and got it where ever he went. Whenever he was present in a room, all eyes and ears were directed at him. Kim Hansol had this aura which exuded leadership, determination, and fear, and he wasn't afraid to use it to his advantages. "What did I tell you, son?"

He almost didn't want to answer the figure roaming the piano room, a cigar clearly hanging from his lips. "Stop playing the piano." It was barely audible, another mistake from the 17 year old. 

He could hear his father's steps coming towards him. His father's hands were under his chin, forcefully pushing it upwards to face him. "What was that? I couldn't hear you, son."

His father was a man of few words and tolerated a lot of things, but he couldn't tolerate disobedience, and quiet speakers. He had done both. He was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter