Bad Decisions

Catfished
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A ping snapped Jisoo out of her trance. Her phone glowed with a new notification but she chose to ignore it.  Instead, her gaze drifted towards the clear afternoon sky painted against the tall floor-to-ceiling window of her room while her mind wandered aimlessly.

Her mind is completely blank from exhaustion. Fours hours to go and she'll be officially awake for 18 hours. She internally groaned. Whoever said that animators have an easy job should try being one.

She heaved a deep breath and adjusted her glasses before making a trip to the kitchen. The aroma of the newly-brewed coffee filled the room. She tried to think of possible variations for her design as she prepared herself a cup.

Her legs marched back to her workroom. She stared intensely at the illustration she's been working on for the past three days, hoping that ideas will flow off of her miraculously. But her sleeplessnes infused with the time pressure from her approaching deadline isn’t exactly helping.

The sun rays shedding through her window pane turned yellowish, her coffee got cold, dogs barking passed her by for numerous times but still, no ideas popped out of her mind. She’s been staring at the monitor for 45 minutes. Artblock. She grunted at herself for her brilliant timing or in this case, her lack thereof.

She grabbed her coat and decided a walk would be useful.

Seoul is freezing in January. It was another snow-less winter yet the temperature is enough to make knees jitter in cold. Jisoo cuddled closely to her thick clothing and marched swiftly to the convenience store. She knew it was a bad idea but she can’t think of better options. Aside from observing people, walking is her only guilty pleasure.

She reached the store and was embraced by the warmth from the heater. Her legs found their way to the her default aisle- the snack section.

Various options laid before her and just like a routine she’s getting tired of, she can’t choose. Other people might find it better to have numerous choices but it is torture for her. She doesn’t know what she want most of the time so she tend to settle for the safest pick. In this case, ramen and kimbap.

She took a seat upfront the window and her eyes wandered to the children running outside. A slight envy tugged in her heart. When you’re young, you think life is nothing but a huge playground. Everything is mapped out for you. All you do is to be stuck in a routine between school, friends and family- that’s why they’re such brats.

She smiled at the thought followed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter