Prologue

The Eternal Love

Jimin smiled as he watched his best friend and first love exchanging vow and promises to his bride. 


After the exchanged vows and promises, everyone clapped and wear a joyful face to the beautiful couple. 


Everyone but Jimin. He already left with tears and a sad smile on his face. Unable to watch any longer to see his beloved smiling happily with the woman standing beside him.


"Jimin, you're leaving already?" 


Jimin turned and his eyes become wide when he saw Taehyung behind him with a frown on his face.


Taehyung frowned turned to concern as he sees Jimin's crying face. 


Jimin made a strained smile, "Sorry Taehyung I had something to do."


Taehyung obviously knows it's a lie as he and his friends knew that Jimin had feelings to their youngest friend even Jungkook. It pained for them to see Jimin hurting while Jungkook decided to ignore his (Jimin's) feelings. The friends unable to support Jimin as they knew about Jungkook's family. Rich and powerful. 


Jimin is nothing but an ordinary person with average life and income. 


They only comfort his misery life. Taehyung hated to see his friend being like this. 


"I have to go." 


Taehyung only nodded in agreement and watched his friend leaving. What they didn't know that this will be the last time they will see Jimin.


Six months later...


Jimin focused on his stable job trying to forget his unrequited feelings. 


He had been invited to Jungkook's birthday. Jimin reluctantly accepted the invitation from Taehyung despite his many protests. Everybody had been invited by Jungkook excluded Jimin. This feel hurt for Jimin not knowing why Jungkook forgets him. 


He wears a suit and went to a shop to buy a gift. He entered his car and start driving in the direction where Jungkook's house.


Suddenly a car speeds up causing chaos on the road. Cars drift some twirled and some clashed with others. Misfortune brought to Jimin as his car crashed on a bus then followed a truck. What worse is they're near to the construction site. Sharp objects entered breaking the car's window and hit Jimin straight to his heart. 


Vehicles began piling up and clashing with one another.


Everyone screamed in terror, some video the accident to post on the internet or give this to the news entertainment and some called for an emergency. 


Ambulances and parademics appeared to save the injured people. Two people open the door to save him but Jimin slowly closes his eyes and lose consciousness. His world becomes black.


Ah, he hasn't confessed to Jungkook yet before he left in this world. 


=== === === 


"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday happy birthday. Happy birthday to you." 


Confetti pop out with loud noise. Cheers and claps were heard as the center of attention smiled sans Taehyung who looked at his phone with a worried expression on his face. 


"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked Taehyung.


"Hyung, Jimin is late," he answered.


"It must be traffic," Yoongi responded.


"Hope so," Taehyung hoped that nothing wrong happened to Jimin. 


Jungkook heard their conversation his smile become dimmed making a frown. 


He hopes that Jimin didn't come because he doesn't want his day destroyed just because the man has feelings for him. He may be open-minded to homoual but he was not into it. Namjoon and Jin are couples but he accepted but that doesn't mean that he will have the relationship to any male just because he is not a homophobe.


Yoongi and Taehyung knew about this. Both are disappointed at him but his reasons are reasonable but they want him to reject Jimin and be honest to him than making Jimin pinning on him longer. 


Jungkook, of course, hated seeing his friend dejected and hurt face. He thought that ignoring Jimin's feelings to might faded and find a good man in his life but it becomes worse as he always sees dejected and pained eyes of Jimin. His wife knew and she doesn't like having a love rival and a man lusting on her husband.


A phone ring disturbing the party. Everyone looks at Taehyung who immediately answered when he looked at the caller.


"Hello."


Jungkook and others frown. It must be Jimin, they thought. Taehyung becomes silent later he sprinted ignoring everyone's curious gaze on him. Yoongi followed finally have an excuse to leave the party with toxic people. 


=== === === 


Taehyung and Yoongi arrived at the hospital and saw Jimin's younger brother has grieved look. 


After answering a call that he thought it was Jimin only to hear a crying broken voice of Jihyun. 

"Jihyun!" 


Jihyun looks up and this makes Yoongi and Taehyung feeling dreaded and pained to see a red shot teary eyes of Jihyun.

 

"Hyung," the boy immediately hug Taehyung and let out a sob. Taehyung embraced the boy and soothe him with gentle words. Yoongi comforted the boy with a gentle pat. He is awkward on comforting people so all he has to do pat and give a silent comfort.


The doctor comes out from the operation room, Jihyun quickly left from the embrace of Taehyung and went to the doctor. All anticipated about the operation.

 

The doctor heaved a sigh and shook his head. 


"I'm sorry, we're unable to save him the tube hit directly to his heart and lose more blood before he was taken in the hospital. We did everything to save him but sadly the accident had made a huge compact on him." 


This makes Jihyun slump on the floor and let out a cry and shouting in denial.


Taehyung slowly sits on the bench unable to accept the fact that his friend died. Yoongi curses the doctor with colorful words making the doctor slump in defeat and accept the accusation and harsh words from the short pale man, leaving with the nurse and his assistants to give space to the grieving friends and family. It always happens in the hospital and they were used to it so they calmly accepted the harsh words from the patient's family. 


=== === === 


In the dark sky crying with tears. The clouds were dull grey as they keep crying and crying.


Under them are people wearing black clothes and holding an umbrella with expressionless emotions. 


Only one keep crying as he saw his brother's coffin buried under the soil. Taehyung comforted the boy as Yoongi glaring at the people who abandoned Jimin and the man who hurt his friend not by physical or verbal but mentally and emotionally. 

 

Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok feel guilty seeing their friend died with broken-hearted as they supported Jungkook more than Jimin. Hoseok tried to be neutral but he got swayed by Jungkook's wife to be sided with Jungkook. They should help Jimin not abandoning him and making him feel unwelcome whenever they meet. 


Jungkook only stared at the buried coffin emotionless. He should feel happy that Jimin is gone from his sight but to this kind of thing. He'll be happy that Jimin found a better and perfect man in his life and Jungkook will happily bless them. If only he listened to Taehyung and Yoongi that he should be honest to Jimin then he will gladly accept that his unrequited feelings won't be return and move on to start over.


Everyone slowly left only Taehyung and Jungkook are left.


"Are you happy now that your normal life won't be destroyed by Jimin just because he had feelings for you?" Taehyung coldly asks to Jungkook.


"If only you are being honest to him then Jimin won't feel hope that you will like him back. Jimin will accept it even this hurt him. You're just being a coward and a false person. He doesn't deserve this his he had been hurt more than you. He experienced harsh reality yet he still smiled and stand strong. You have family and friends with you while Jimin had been abandoned by his parents to his cruel relative, left him bringing along with his younger brother who cared Jimin and you even swayed our friends to side with you when Jimin needs more help and comfort than you."


Jungkook wanted to protest that he did not sway his friends to side with him and he doesn't know about that. But seeing cold and anger look from Taehyung his silent protest brought down. 


"I become friends with you because of Jimin. You won't be bullied from our school for being a rich boy if it were not for Jimin. You won't feel the life of happiness if it not for Jimin. What did you do, you push him away and that cause his death. If it was me, I don't care about your life but no, Jimin cared and wanted to help you even I don't want to but Jimin is my friend!" Taehyung spat angrily confessing his hatred to Jungkook, tears flowing down his cheek.


Umbrella fall on down, Taehyung grabbed his collar. 


"If only he didn't meet you then Jimin will be alive and still be smiling in this world!"


A flash of a pure and genuine smile of Jimin. 


"He doesn't have to die like this! Jimin should live a life he always wanted. Not loving to a cruel man in his whole life."


Taehyung broke down sorrow. Crying loudly as he let go of Jungkook's collar slowly kneeling down and lowering his head.


"Now I can't see his smile anymore. He's gone already. It's all because of you!" 


Jungkook was shocked at Taehyung's outbursts and his true impression on him. Taehyung had always hated Jungkook throughout his life. And this because of Jimin.


Jimin is Taehyung's best friend, his life, and his most beloved person. 

=== === === 

Ten years later...


The life that Jungkook always dreamed had become dull. He and his wife still married and live a content life with full of love they have two healthy children but Jungkook feels empty. 


He still has contact with his friends but it was not like before. The once joking and teasing friends become formal. Taehyung and Yoongi cut their ties with them and proceed to their career.


Yoongi becomes a pianist and Taehyung a singer. Their songs are always for Jimin. This makes Jungkook always listen.


Some are full of joy that makes the listener smile without reason. Some are sorrow that caused people cried in sadness.


Then a talk show came and there is one superstar and singer had confessed about his song that he created for his lifetime crush who is no longer in this world name Park Jimin. The viewers feel sad about the superstar, comforted and supported their idol. 


This makes Jungkook feel a tinged on his chest when he saw the picture of smiling Jimin with the superstar. 


He shut the tv proceed his work as a CEO of the largest company. 


Jungkook remembers Jimin's smile. His doe eyes crinkle with happiness. His laugh is like a song that makes you feel relax, unstrain and calm. Jimin looks like a pure and fragile person which is why he can't bear to hurt him. 


He cared for Jimin he truly does but sometimes he feels uneasy when he's with him for the other man had feelings for him. 


Reminiscing the past when Jimin is still alive.


Jimin saved him for loneliness.


Protecting him from the bullies just because he was some spoiled rich boy.


Jimin cared him more than his family.


And now falling in love with him.


And Jungkook took advantage of his love and care just because his family neglected him.


But he was gone. No longer live in this world. 


Jungkook cried with regret. He may love his wife but he always feels empty like a droid.


After ten years he finally realizes his true feelings to Jimin. Taehyung was right. He was a coward and a false human being.


Thinking that his life will be normal and happy by marrying a beautiful wife, have children and forget about Jimin. Turns out to be dull and lifeless life. 


Jungkook stood in front of the gravestone with a bouquet of flower and the small box.


"Jimin-hyung, hello it's been a long time that I've visited you. How are you today?" Jungkook smile sadly, "For ten years, I've been a fool wondering why you love me. I'm sorry if I'm not being honest with you. I'm sorry that I've been in love with you all this time yet I ignored it and you then married a woman." 


Jungkook kneels down placing the flowers on top of the grave and then the small box. Opening the lid revealing a silver ring with an embed word of "Eternal Love".


"I remembered the time we went to buy rings and saw you've been staring this ring all the time. During your birthday I bought it as a present for you but I forgot to bring it instead I gifted you a simple gift. When I saw you how you sincerely appreciated and smiled at me it I feel like I wanted to make you smile more." 


Jungkook stared the gravestone with the amiable and fond look. Misty eyes formed tears starting to flow down.


Loving and Beloved Son, Brother, and Friend

Park Jimin

October. 13. 1995

September. 01. 2018


"Jimin-hyung, happy death anniversary." 


His birthday becomes a day of his beloved friend's death. Jungkook didn't want to celebrate his birthday anymore.


"And I love you." 


People who visit their loved one's grave witness a man crying on someone's grave. They feel pity for a man who lost a lover seeing a bouquet of flowers, a ring, and his confession.


They whisper in their mind and hearts of their prayer hoping the man to move on. He shouldn't live in the past ah, just move forward and let the dead ones rest in peace without the feeling of guilt in the afterlife. 


=== === === 

 

SYSTEM INITIATING...

PROCESSING...

10%

17%

23%

36%

41%

55%

60%

72%

89%

99%

100%

DING!

WELCOME TO SYSTEM OF NEW LIFE, Mr. PARK JIMIN 

 

=== === === 

 

A/N: I have a new wattpad account, the username is Haridarkun ^_^.