Understand me

Understand me

 

 

The sun shone through the window, enlightening the small dorm room where a young freshman put his clothes in a dresser. The room had two twin beds with two little desks and a big dresser. Jungkook made sure his clothes were only on one side of the dresser and put the remaining of his belongings in the drawer underneath his bed. It was his first year at Yonsei university, the first day and he just got there a few hours ago. He decided to check his dorm room first to unpack then he planned on exploring a bit.

It was the beginning of September so the weather was still sunny and warm. After putting his luggage in a closet, he changed into some pair of shorts and a tank top. As a dance major, the only thing he wanted at the moment was to find the practice rooms. His dream came true, he could finally study what he wanted. He had moved from his hometown Busan for that and he didn’t regret it at all.

He looked at the other bed, wondering who his roommate would be. He hoped the guy would be nice and friendly. He set his laptop on his desk, plunging in the charger. He already had his schedule and he got a little map too so he could go out and look around. First thing he needed to find was a café because coffee was the only thing that could wake him up.

Phone in hand, his wallet in the back pocket of his shorts, he was ready to go out. Just as he was about to leave, the door opened revealing a male about the same height as his.

The new comer had blond hair, some strands falling over his eyes. He was wearing a loose black t-shirt and a pair of ripped blue skinny jeans. He also had earphones in his ears and when they locked eyes, Jungkook met a bored and slightly cold gaze. Jungkook tried to ignore it and opened his mouth to speak.

Suddenly the blond guy was pushed forward and another guy appeared, shorter than Jungkook and with brown hair. When the latter saw Jungkook he smiled brightly, his eyes forming crescents.

“Oh hi !!! You must be Tae’s new roommate ! I’m Park Jimin and this is Kim Taehyung, he’s the one rooming with you” he introduced himself and Taehyung, who just looked at the room quietly.

Jungkook was a little bit taken aback by their actions as he saw Jimin pouted and nudged Taehyung. The blond finally sighed before nodding shortly toward Jungkook. The latter took it as a way to say hello. Jimin rolled his eyes and dragged behind him a luggage before shoving it on the vacant bed.

“Come on Tae, unpack quickly we have to meet Yoongi-hyung before he run out of patience”

Jungkook stood there, not knowing what to do. He didn’t know if he should stay to chat a bit with his roommate and Jimin or just go with his original idea and search for the practice rooms. Jimin was quicker to decide, as he was bored looking at Taehyung unpacking both his luggage and a big sport bag.

“So what’s your name ?” he asked.

Jungkook refrained from facepalming, realizing he didn’t even introduce himself.

“Jeon Jungkook. I’m a freshman and I’m new in Seoul” he said with a quick bow.

“Oh a newbie !!! Well Tae and I are both juniors ! If you have any questions don’t hesitate and ask us” Jimin said cheerfully.

Jungkook nodded but saw from the corner of his eye Taehyung pausing in his movements to glance at Jimin. The younger had a feeling his roommate wasn’t as friendly as Jimin.

“What is your major ? oh and where are you from ?”

Jimin seemed so excited to know that Jungkook smiled, happy to have met someone this nice his first day.

“I’m from Busan and I’m majoring in dance”

Jimin screamed and jumped on his feet, as he was previously sitting on the bed and invaded Jungkook personal space.

“Now Jeon Jungkook, you and I will be good friends ! I’m also from Busan and in dance major ! So if you have problems or anything, ask me. I’ll be your senpai …”

Jimin was cut off when Taehyung suddenly yanked him backward, so the brown male fell back on the bed. Jungkook was shocked by the sudden move but he was also thankful because Jimin was a little bit too friendly and having people this close to him when he met them ten minutes ago wasn’t something he was comfortable with.

He saw Jimin pouted at Taehyung but the latter just shrugged and flicked Jimin’s forehead. The shorter whined and crossed his arms. Jungkook was beginning to feel uncomfortable, obviously the two were close friends and even if Jimin was kind, Jungkook wanted to explore the campus. So he went for the door.

“See you later Jungkook” shouted Jimin.

Jungkook waved without turning and exited his dorm. He stopped in the hallway, making someone bump into him. He apologized and realized he didn’t even get to talk to Taehyung. He talked to Jimin but the shorter wasn’t his roommate. Jungkook hoped he didn’t seem rude to the blond even if the latter didn’t try to talk to him either.

Trying to stay positive, Jungkook was glad he found another dance major, one who was older so he could maybe help him. When he stepped out of the building he was welcomed by warm rays of sunshine and he smiled. He started to move along the path, watching people laying on the grass or chilling under the shadow of a large tree. Classes would only begin next week so students were settling down and enjoying the last few days of freedom before their life would be filled with stress, assignments and probably too much parties for too little studying time.

Jungkook had dreamt about that university during all high school. His friends were tired of hearing him talk about Yonsei university and how he would dance each day of the week, how he would become an international choreographer. He had trouble convincing his parents to let him go to Seoul and in this university to study dance, but they saw how passionate he was and in the end supported him.

After a ten minutes walk around campus, he finally stopped in front of the building where he would spend most of his time. He entered it and wandered a bit. He heard music coming from one of the room and slowly walked up to it. He opened the door slightly and saw a young man dancing along the beat, he looked mesmerizing with his graceful yet powerful steps.

The man had red hair, a long face and a body clearly sculpted by hours of dance. His body was moving to the hip-hop beat. Not even one of his movements was off, all were so precise and clean. Jungkook had always considered he had skills, he wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t, but that guy was something else.

When the music stopped, Jungkook was still frozen in place, so he didn’t even noticed the other male had seen him.

“Hey there” the other greeted with a bright yet teasing smile.

Jungkook shook his head to regain his composure and smiled a little. He bowed.

“Sorry to interrupt, you were just so good !” he completed the other.

“Thanks buddy, I’m Hoseok, forth year and you ?” he asked gently, taking a bottle of water and drinking half of it.

“Jeon Jungkook and it’s my first year. I’m majoring in dance.”

And like that Jungkook made his first real friend in college as Hoseok happily invited him to dance with him and they lost track of time.

 

 

Two months into his first year, Jungkook was beyond happy. He couldn’t describe how much he loved his new life. He had made friends in Yugyeom and Jaehyun, both freshmen like him. Yugyeom had the same major when Jaehyun was a singing major. Jungkook would spend all his free time in the practice room with Yugyeom, or even Hoseok and Jimin as he became friend with them. They both knew each other and had decided Jungkook was their little apprentice.

Jungkook got used to spent hours dancing, hanging out with his two friends, sometimes dancing with his hyungs. He also found out about the new experience of running all the way across campus when his alarm didn’t woke him up and he had to sprint to get to class. The only thing that was still bugging him a bit was his roommate Taehyung. The older boy had never spoke one word to him. Jungkook wasn’t really much in his dorm, either working out, dancing or hanging with his friends but Taehyung was there even less. The older used the room simply for sleeping and never looked at Jungkook.

But Jungkook still knew some things about his roommate, like he would often see him outside, sitting somewhere with a sketchbook and a pencil. The art student had art supplies everywhere in his part of the dorm but Jungkook never saw his drawings. He was a bit sad because he had always thought back in high school his roommate would be one of his greatest friends but Taehyung didn’t seem open to that idea.

Even when Jungkook danced with Jimin and Hoseok, both friends with Taehyung, he never got the chance to speak to him. He had never heard the elder’s voice. He was practically sure the other was avoiding him but he didn’t know why.

He was going to practice, having his weekly dance practice with his hyungs. He was texting Yugyeom about the new dance he was making when he heard a scream. He looked up, frowning and opened the door. He was met with a shocked Jimin who was looking at a paper, with Taehyung rolling his eyes, sitting in a corner, back against the mirror. Hoseok was on the couch, with his boyfriend Yoongi on his laps, the two of them making out.

Jungkook was startled at first by their public display of affection but Jimin told him once that Yoongi was moody and sometimes he acted like a leech with Hoseok. And the latter wasn’t going to refuse anything from his boyfriend because he was whipped.

The younger watched the scene and just sighed.

“Hyung, what is it ?” he asked, because if he didn’t asked Jimin, the older was going to be nagging about how nobody cared for him.

Immediately Jimin gasped dramatically, pouting and coming right into Jungkook personal space. The older had no knowledge about personal boundaries.

“Jungkookie, my dear Jungkookie, look at that !!!!” and Jimin shoved the paper he was tightly holding right in Jungkook’s face.

The younger stepped back to see the wrinkly paper better and gasped when he saw a perfect drawing of Jimin. The black and white drawing showed the brown male dancing, more precisely swirling and every details was perfect, from the position to the facial expression. Jimin’s hair seemed like they were flying around his head, the movement of his arms effortless. His clothes appeared a bit fitting due to the sweat. Everything seemed so real. Jungkook was shocked.

“That’s … wow hyung you’re more beautiful on paper than in reality !” Jungkook said, eyes still wide.

Jimin automatically smacked him on the head while Hoseok laughed. Even Yoongi was smirking, arms loosely wrapped around his boyfriend’s neck.

“I take back everything I said, you’re the worst” Jimin grunted and went to the couch, sulking.

“What did I do ?” Jungkook asked, confused while he dropped his bags near the couch.

“Nothing Kookie, Jiminie is just mad because Tae draw his hands as they are, tiny and weird. So that brat thinks it’s horrible and a betrayal. I think he threatened Taehyung to revoke their everlasting friendship” Hoseok explained.

“My hands aren’t weird !” shouted Jimin, a scowl on his face.

“They are Jimin. You’re a short overdramatic guy with tiny hands” said bluntly Yoongi.

“You’re short too hyung” Jimin defended himself but immediately bowed in apology when Yoongi sent him a death glare.

“Wait … Taehyung hyung did that ?” Jungkook asked bewildered when looking at the drawing again.

He looked toward said male who was busy drawing on his sketchbook, this time with crayons. He stared at the male for a second, noticing that Taehyung had one earphone in, the other hanging around his neck. It was the first time he saw one of his drawings and even if he assumed the other was good, he didn’t expect him to be this good.

“Yes our Taetae is the best” Hoseok approved, but Jungkook didn’t pay him attention, as he was still mesmerized by the other’s talent.

“It’s amazing hyung” Jungkook said, voice almost a whisper but Taehyung still seemed to hear him as he looked up for a brief second.

They locked eyes and Jungkook wanted to express how much he loved the drawing but Taehyung just nodded shortly in a way to say thank you before resuming what he was doing. Jungkook was still shocked when Hoseok pushed him in the center of the room, ordering him to stretch before they could start dancing. Jungkook shrugged and took off his hoodie, throwing it carelessly toward the couch. He heard Yoongi cursed, because apparently the piece of clothing landed on his face but he didn’t care.

He wore a white tank top and a pair of black sweatpants. He started to stretch his limbs before asking Hoseok which song they were going to do. He didn’t get an answer, instead he heard a familiar tune coming out of the speakers. He smirked and the three dancers got into position.

Jungkook let his mind shut down, just going with the flow. He moved along the beat, letting the music guide him. When he danced nothing else mattered, just the feeling of being one with the music. His body moved gracefully, sometimes slowly, sometimes sharply. When the song switched to Rainism, he heard Jimin laugh in the background. Jungkook was focused on his own reflection, his whole demeanour changing.

He moved sensually along the beat, like he wanted to seduce someone. He didn’t have a cane but did the routine without it, Jimin and Hoseok joining him for the last bit. That song was one of his favourite to dance, he always liked the reaction he got after dancing to it.

After two hours of intense dancing, he was sprawled on the floor, breathing heavily. His top was soaked in sweat, glued to his torso.

“Yah Jungkookie, wear something” Jimin chuckled, throwing a bottle at Jungkook.

Thankfully he caught it and sat up to drink. He then wiped the remaining water off his lips and smirked when he caught the other staring at him. His tank top was white so it became see through because of the sweat. Jungkook laughed before taking it off and suddenly his vision became black.

He realized Yoongi had thrown him his hoodie. He put his hoodie on and stood up, stretching lazily his limbs.

“Don’t like it when I’m shirtless hyung ?” he teased the older.

“Shut up brat. Hoseok is ier than you and I’m just making sure Taehyung isn’t going to have a heart attack” Yoongi retorted.

Jungkook’s eyebrows went high on his forehead, he was surprised to hear that. He turned to his roommate to find him with his eyes wide, a pencil hovering over his sketchbook. The most surprising thing was that Taehyung’s eyes were on him, bearing hole in his body. Jungkook lightly rubbed his nape, embarrassed. But he didn’t know why Taehyung’s gaze on him felt great. Maybe because he never got his attention and he wanted to know him better.

“Don’t worry Tae, Jungkookie just has a habit of taking his top off. I think he likes to show everyone why he works out” Hoseok said with a smile, easing the little tension that was building between the two roommates.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and went to grab his bag. Hoseok was back on the couch, Yoongi against his side even if the older had his eyes on his phone’s screen. Jimin went to sit beside Taehyung.

“You’re jealous hyung because I work out when you don’t” Jungkook replied, throwing a smug smile at Hoseok.

“Jungkook, I do work out. I dance everyday and have almost as often. You are the jealous one because you didn’t get laid ever since you arrived in Seoul.” Hoseok commented.

Jungkook scowled, it was a low move even from Hoseok. But Jungkook sighed. It was true he had not find himself a crush, a fling or even a hook-up in the two months he spent here. He heard a giggle and lifted his head to see Jimin smirking. Even Taehyung had stop drawing, listening quietly to the others.

“Our baby Kookie is frustrated. Hoseok, as his senpais we need to help him ! So tell your hyungs Kookie, what do you want ? I basically know all the students on campus. Girl or boy ?”

Jungkook seemed taken aback by the sudden path the conversation was taking. Even if the others had guessed he was okay with two boys together because he didn’t react when he saw Yoongi and Hoseok together, they had never discussed something like that.

Jungkook thought for a moment before sighing. He was confident, loved himself and even if he liked having everyone’s attention on him while dancing, talking about his uality wasn’t something he was used to. In high school, loving dance for a boy was already weird so he never exposed his preferences. Only his close friends knew. He wasn’t ashamed of it, he just wanted to live peacefully without having to deal with stupid bullies. But he figured he should be honest.

“Boy”

And Jimin squealed, while Hoseok patted him on the back like he had passed some test. Even Yoongi seemed content with his answer. He felt accepted and smiled.

“Okay how do you like them ? Girlish ? Manly ? Oh god, most important question first, do you top or bottom ? Come on Kook I need to know to find you a date …”

Jungkook had his eyes as wide as it was humanly possible and he was suddenly thankful toward Taehyung who had cut off Jimin’s rambling by flicking his forehead. Jimin whined and looked at Taehyung to know what was wrong. The blond just shrugged and gave a pointed look to Jungkook. Jimin appeared to understand everything as he looked at a flustered Jungkook. The latter really wasn’t prone to discuss his inexistent life or his preferences about boys.

So he just bided them goodbye before running out of the room. He went back to his dorm, wanting a shower so bad to clean his body before flopping into his bed. He was tired and nothing was going to make him come out of his bed tonight.

When he opened his door, he threw his bag on his bed and took off his clothes quickly, hoping into the bathroom and into the shower. After a long shower where he took his time to massage his body, he stepped out of it and just put a towel around his waist.

He went into his room to get a change of clothes but froze when he noticed he wasn’t alone. Taehyung was there, laying on his bed with his back resting against the pillows and headboard. He still had earphones in but this time it was his laptop in his hands.

They stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Jungkook finally moved. He tried not to care about the other’s intense gaze on his almost body and went in the bathroom to change. When he came back, he laid on his bed also with his laptop on his legs, putting his headphone on and started typing on his keyboard.

It was weird. It was the first time the two of them were in the room at the same time and not for sleeping purposes. Jungkook wished the atmosphere wasn’t that stiff and awkward between them, because he honestly hoped they could be friend. But he didn’t know how to change the mood.

He stayed in this position for a long time, often replying to Yugyeom who was trying to lure him into going at a party tonight with him. But Jungkook was happily chilling on his bed and after the hard practice of today, he just wanted to stay inside. His stomach began to grumble, Jungkook only realizing now it was time to eat. He was going to stand up and make some instant noodle in their microwave, lacking the motivation to go outside, when suddenly a steaming cup was handed to him.

He moved back as the cup was close to his face and looked up to see Taehyung just staring at him, earphone still in his ears. The blond just rolled his eyes and pushed the cup further toward Jungkook. The latter accepted it and noticed when Taehyung went back to his own bed that the older had another cup of noodle in his hand. Jungkook stared at him for a long moment, still amazed because it was the first interaction that happened between them.

It was when Taehyung looked up, catching Jungkook’s gaze on him that the younger turned his head and ate his noodles, silently hoping he would became friend with Taehyung one day.

 

 

“ !!” Jungkook cursed as he ran toward his first class of the day.

He slept in, having completely forgotten to put two alarms instead of one. Usually when he had a game night with Yugyeom, playing overwatch for hours, he would put two alarms to be sure he woke up, but he didn’t. And worse, he had yet to drink his morning cup of coffee so he wasn’t even sure he was running toward the right building because he had trouble keeping his eyes open.

He managed to get in his class only five minutes late but he received a particularly cold gaze by his teacher. He went to his seat, Yugyeom quietly mocking him. Jungkook threw him a dark glare and listened to his class. It was hard to stay awake but he did it, almost running out of the room when the class ended. He waited for Yugyeom outside, hitting him on the head as soon as he was out.

“I hate you dude !” he said while Yugyeom was smirking.

“C’mon Kook, it’s not my fault you’re late !” his friend replied as they started walking out of the building.

“It is !!! You were the one insisting on doing one last round !”

“Don’t you have stamina ? I keep hearing you talking about how much endurance you have and how you don’t get exhausted easily, was it all lies ?”

“Kim Yugyeom, you better run before I kick you !!!” Jungkook warned while Yugyeom laughed.

“Wow all that conversation was weirdly ual !” a third voice suddenly interrupted them.

Jungkook turned his head to see Jimin with a playful smile on his lips, his eyes shining as they went back and forth between the two freshmen. Jungkook rolled his eyes and sighed.

“You are the one with a erted mind hyung”

Jimin faked being offended before winking.

“Kookie, I’ve been sending you messages but you didn’t reply” Jimin suddenly whined, a frown on his small face.

Jungkook frowned too before searching his pockets, then his bag and his eyes widened in horror. His phone wasn’t there. He began to panic a little, trying to remember if he had it that morning when he ran out of his dorm.

“Hey Tae !” Jimin called, with a smile that could compete against the sun.

Jungkook looked behind him to find Taehyung coming towards them, blond hair hiding beneath a black beanie, earphones still in his ears and his face blank. He looked cool and handsome. He nodded toward Jimin before turning to Jungkook. They stared at each other, Jungkook not knowing what to do as since that time last week Taehyung made noodles for him, they didn’t have any interaction. Really he never knew how to act around the older.

Suddenly Taehyung sighed before extending his hand, holding something for Jungkook. The latter looked at it and saw his phone. He was shocked for a second before thanking Taehyung at least three times, holding his phone like it was the most precious thing in the world. He was also amazed by the fact Taehyung brought him his phone without him asking beforehand. He didn’t knew how Taehyung found him.

“Kook, it’s just your phone” commented Yugyeom.

“No it’s not !! How am I supposed to dance without it ! All my songs are in here”

“You could have …” started Yugyeom but he was cut by Jungkook.

“Thanks again Taehyung” he even bowed slightly.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, like he was bored and Jungkook didn’t know if it was because of him. Jimin just smiled and put his arm around Taehyung’s shoulders.

“Tae you’re finally taking care of your roommate ! But let’s not talk about that now ! Kookie I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with us tonight ? It’s at Yoongi’s hyung apartment. 8 pm okay ? Tae will show you the way ! Bye !”

And with that Jimin dragged Taehyung behind him, without even waiting for Jungkook’s answer. The younger was still quite puzzled because of Taehyung coming to him just to give him his phone so he didn’t even understand he suddenly had plans for the night, thanks to Jimin. Yugyeom looked at him with a curious expression.

“Kim Taehyung is your roommate ?” he asked.

Jungkook looked at his friend and nodded slowly.

“Why ?” even if Taehyung and him didn’t talk or were even friends, he didn’t like the voice Yugyeom used.

“Well, he’s kind of weird apparently. From what I heard he never speaks to anyone”

“I don’t think it’s weird” retorted Jungkook immediately.

It was true. He wished Taehyung talked with him, but it was his choice, people shouldn’t judge on such a small thing. He went to practice with Yugyeom for a few hours and attended another class. It was 6 pm when he realized he didn’t know how to contact Taehyung for the party. He grabbed his towel, throwing it on his head as he drank from his bottle. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and he looked like a mess. He was shirtless, sweat covering his torso, hair going in every way. He should have probably gone to his dorm to take a shower but he wasn’t satisfied with his routine and wanted to perfect it. He still had two hours.

He was going to put the song back on when his phone beeped, announcing he received a new text. He took it and frowned. He didn’t knew that number. He opened the message.

 

From Unknown number

Where are you ?

 

Jungkook was taken aback and he bit his bottom lip.

 

To Unknown number

Who is this ?

 

From Unknown number

It’s Taehyung.

So are you still practicing ?

 

Jungkook was glad he was done drinking because he coughed loudly, he was shocked. How did Taehyung get his number and why did he text him ? It was the first time they talked and it was through text. Jungkook didn’t know how to react but he had to answer the older.

 

To Taehyung

Yes I am.

How did you get my number btw ?

 

From Taehyung

Ok I’m coming

Jimin gave it to me

 

Now Jungkook was even more confused and shocked because Taehyung was coming and he didn’t know why. His mind worked fast, until he figured it was probably because Taehyung had to take him to Yoongi’s apartment. He decided to resume dancing, after all he had to practice. The blond arrived not long after, earphones in his ears and with his sketchbook in his hands. He just nodded toward Jungkook before going to sit in a corner, against the mirror. Jungkook looked at him and felt disappointed.

Taehyung didn’t talk to him. He thought as they texted that maybe the older would talk to him and they could finally start to be friends but no. Taehyung just started to draw and Jungkook sighed before dancing. His mind shut down as his body moved, the sensual beat guiding him. He forgot temporarily about his strange roommate and just focused on dancing.

Dance was his way to express himself. He always thought too much. For a long time he didn’t like himself for many reasons but with dance he managed to learn how to accept himself. He loved how he could get everyone’s attention on him and see how they looked at him. it made him felt great. He knew it was a bit narcissistic but it helped with his craving for attention.

He had always wanted the attention and love from the people he admired, loved and cared about. And he wanted Taehyung’s attention. He lived with him but barely knew him. They had the same friends but they never talked. And since he saw Taehyung’s drawing he wanted to know how Taehyung saw him, how he would draw him.

He stopped dancing when he saw from the corner of his eyes Taehyung holding a piece of paper. The older was staring intently at him and Jungkook was wondering why. He realized Taehyung had written something on the paper so he read it.

“7pm. You should shower”

Jungkook nodded and went to grab his hoodie, not putting his t-shirt back on. He then took his bag and watched as Taehyung gathered his things before standing up. Jungkook’s eyes widened as he understood what was going on. They were going back to their dorm together. The walk on the almost deserted campus was silent, as Jungkook didn’t knew what to say and Taehyung was just walking. But for once, he didn’t have his earphones. Maybe he was waiting for Jungkook to speak first.

But they reached their building and Jungkook saw from afar Yugyeom. He waved at him and Yugyeom smiled. The two roommates got into their dorm and Jungkook went straight for the shower. He took his time and came out nearly twenty minutes later. He went in the bedroom with only a towel around his waist and grabbed some clothes. He glanced toward Taehyung who was shirtless. Jungkook froze and met Taehyung’s eyes. He quickly got back into the bathroom and sighed. He cursed mentally because he didn’t take the chance to admire Taehyung’s body.

He was aware that Taehyung was attractive, he wasn’t going to deny it. The older always wore clothes that made him even more handsome. Jungkook stopped thinking about his roommate and put his clothes on. A loose black V neck t-shirt who showed his collarbones and just a glimpse of his chest. He wore simple blue jeans and he exited the bathroom to put on his favourite pair of timberlands.

But when his eyes found Taehyung he paused in his movements. The blond was wearing a red turtle neck that seemed moulded on his torso and a pair of black ripped skinny jeans. His blond hair was messy, bangs falling a bit in his eyes.

Jungkook stopped staring when Taehyung turned to him, not wanting to get caught. While he grabbed his phone and wallet, Taehyung went to the door, waiting for him. Yoongi was living fifteen minutes away and they spent the whole time walking in silence. He saw from the corner of his eyes Taehyung typing on his phone and sighed. Now wasn’t the moment to get closer. He began to think they would never be friends.

Once they arrived at Yoongi’s apartment, the door opened on a cheerful Jimin.

“Hey the roomies !! Yoongi is currently sulking, Hoseok tries to make him stop by touching him. I want bleach because I can’t unsee what I just saw, Namjoon has already broke something and Jin is laughing at everyone. Please save me”

But Jimin pouted when he saw Taehyung rolled his eyes and entered the apartment. He then looked at Jungkook, the latter smiling sheepishly at the older.

“How about you have a drink ?” Jungkook proposed.

“You’re the only one to understand me ! Even my bestie is rude with me !” Jimin pouted before turning around.

Jungkook entered the apartment and heard Jimin shouted “Kim Taehyung you ungrateful brat” before he was dragged into the living room. Hoseok was standing near the TV with Yoongi, the older of the two looking at him with a dark gaze. A guy with purple hair was sitting on the couch, looking at his phone with a sad pout. Another one with black hair was standing near the door leading to the kitchen, laughing loudly, tears in his eyes.

Taehyung went to sit next to the purple-hair guy, taking a beer that was on the coffee table. The guy with black hair stopped laughing and went to Jungkook, Jimin too busy filming Yoongi and Hoseok to introduce Jungkook.

“Hi I’m Seokjin but you can call me Jin, you must be Tae’s roommate and Jiminie and Hobi’s little child ? It’s nice to finally meet you, the three of them only have good things to say about you” he smiled.

Jungkook frowned a little, the three of them he said ? He glanced at Taehyung and saw him smiling towards the couple. Hoseok had finally succeeded and Yoongi had stopped sulking, so they were making out in front of everyone.

“Come here Jungkook” Seokjin said, motioning him to go sit. “So this is my boyfriend Namjoon he is in the same year as Hoseok and I personally have already graduated”

Namjoon smiled to him and cute dimples appeared in his cheeks. Jungkook ended up sitting next to Taehyung with Seokjin on the other side. Jimin took an armchair and Hoseok sat in another one, pulling Yoongi on his laps.

“So now Kookie you know everyone in our small group of friends ! But I’m still the best hyung” Jimin smiled, taking a sip of his beer.

“What nonsense are you saying mochi ? We all know Taehyung is the kindest out of all of us ! right Taehyungie ?” replied Seokjin, looking at the blond.

The latter just shrugged and Seokjin cooed. Then Namjoon started to talk with him, asking him about his major and his life in general. The atmosphere was pretty chill, they were all talking, eating pizza and drinking. Jungkook saw how different his friends acted when they were all together with Seokjin and Namjoon. Jimin was as bright as ever but Seokjin and him would have little bickering sessions over a dad joke Seokjin made or Jimin being annoying. Yoongi and Namjoon would talk a lot about music.

But the most fascinating thing was Taehyung. Since Jungkook knew him, he had never seen him smile, or maybe the shadow of a smile would sometime graze his lips. But tonight he was smiling at his friends, listening quietly to what they said. Jungkook didn’t hear him talk but he saw him nodding or making faces while some of his friends talked to him.

Jungkook found it endearing when he laughed without making a sound. Something else he discovered that night was how everyone in the room looked at Taehyung like he was a treasure they needed to protect. They all had fond smiles.

He could see how close they all were and he was happy that they chose to let him in their group.

“So tell me Kookie, is anything going on with the boy I saw today ?” Jimin suddenly asked, earning everyone’s attention.

Jungkook could feel Taehyung tensing by his side but he didn’t pay much attention to it.

“What ? You’re talking about Yugyeom ? No we’re just friends !” Jungkook chuckled, he could never see himself dating Yugyeom.

“Did you tell him that ? Cause he seems into you” insisted Jimin “Right Tae ? You saw them too”

Jungkook glanced at Taehyung and saw him frowning slightly before shaking his head. Jimin pouted and sighed.

“You’re not fun ! Kookie, I warned you, as soon as someone get your attention, I want to be the first to know !”

“Well I might tell Hoseok hyung or Yoongi hyung first because you can’t keep a secret” Jungkook smirked.

“What ?” Jimin exclaimed, offended “I can keep secrets better than anyone !!!”

Taehyung seemed even more on edge, fidgeting a little and Jungkook looked at him briefly. He didn’t know why the elder acted like that. Seokjin suddenly made a joke and the subject was dropped. Jungkook was still a bit confused but when Namjoon gave him a new bottle of beer, he relaxed.

When the night ended, Taehyung and him returned to their dorm. Taehyung opened the door and Jungkook followed him inside. It was pretty late and all he wanted was to sleep. But he noticed Taehyung’s intense gaze on him. They stared at each other for a few minutes, Jungkook not knowing what to do. Taehyung had such mesmerizing eyes, like they wanted to communicate with him. Taehyung finally looked away, letting his eyes fall on Jungkook’s body before looking at his sketchbook.

Jungkook was lost. He felt hot not knowing if he should blame the alcohol or the way Taehyung had looked at him. He didn’t know why but it felt like Taehyung wanted to do something. That night seemed to have changed something in Taehyung’s behaviour. Like seeing Jungkook with all his friends made him more comfortable with the younger. And Jungkook liked that idea. Because Taehyung’s gaze on him felt incredible. Taehyung used to never look at him since the day they met, now Jungkook could see a glint in the elder’s eyes.

 

 

A few days later, Jungkook had been locked up in his room all day, trying to finish a big assignment due the day after. He delayed the work for too long and now he was up since 7am to try and complete that paper in one day. It was a bright Saturday, Jimin had invited him to a dance session that would lead to a pizza party with all the guys but he had to decline. He also denied Yugyeom’s invitation to a hang out.

He was near the end, but he would still need a couple hours. At 6pm, the door opened on Taehyung who was wearing an oversized white shirt with paint of it. Jungkook looked at the other who put down his bag in his bed before sighing, stretching his limbs. He looked back at his laptop when Taehyung turned toward him.

Nothing had changed since that night with the guys. They had each other’s number but never used it. But Jungkook felt more often Taehyung’s gaze on him, like he was studying him. And each time Jungkook tried his best to appear good, because he wanted Taehyung to see him. He was also getting more curious about his roommate and was dying to hear his voice.

Taehyung just took off his shirt and went to the bathroom, leaving a slightly flustered Jungkook. The latter had trouble focusing back on his paper but he put on his earphones and played his favorite songs.

He didn’t realize Taehyung coming back and the time passing by as a melody Yoongi wrote for him was blasting through his earphones. Suddenly a cup of hot noodles appeared between his face and the screen of his laptop. He looked up and saw Taehyung with another cup in his other hand and Jungkook took it gladly, his stomach grumbling.

“Thanks”

Taehyung nodded and stood there, beside Jungkook’s bed like he was waiting for something. Jungkook frowned, the cup in his hand and with the other he took off one of the buds.

“Do you need something Taehyung ?” he asked gently, not knowing how to interact with his roommate.

Taehyung nodded slowly, looking at his earphones, through which the music was still audible. Without a word his free hand reach for the one Jungkook too off and put it in his own ear. His eyes widened as he listened and Jungkook was frozen.

He never imagined Taehyung doing that and he didn’t know how to react but he smiled a bit when Taehyung closed his eyes and slowly bobbed his head to the rhythm. Jungkook decided to move, scooting closer to the wall and motioning to Taehyung to join him when the blond opened his eyes.

Taehyung seemed to hesitate before putting down his cup on the nightstand, taking off the earphone to grab his sketchbook and pencil. He climbed on the bed, laying beside Jungkook, back resting against the headboard. He put back on the earphone in his ear, grabbed his cup of noodles and began to eat quietly.

Jungkook was shocked, feeling the other’s warmth on his skin as their shoulders and thighs were brushing against each other. Taehyung seemed perfectly fine, eating and listening to the music while Jungkook was still holding his cup and looking at Taehyung with his eyes wide.

They ate without exchanging a word, just listening to the songs on Jungkook’s playlist. When they were finished, Taehyung put their empty cups on the nightstand and opened his sketchbook on a new page. Jungkook tried to relax and strangely he managed to do it easily even with Taehyung beside him. He continued writing his paper, sometimes glancing at Taehyung who was focused on drawing an eye.

A couple of hours after, when Jungkook was proof-reading his essay, Taehyung’s hand appeared between his. He was invading Jungkook’s space, leaning on him to have a better look at the screen. The blond took control of the pad and went in Jungkook’s playlist to search for one song. After a few tries, he seemingly found the one he was looking for as he nodded to himself and went back to draw.

Jungkook looked at him, shocked as the same song from before invaded his ears. It was the one Yoongi wrote for him. He had to put lyrics on it and create a routine for it, because it was his project for one of his classes. And apparently Taehyung liked it. Jungkook felt happy at that thought. Suddenly curious he looked at what Taehyung was drawing but the other was faster.

Taehyung caught him trying to see and he immediately closed his sketchbook, throwing a glare at Jungkook who smiled apologetically. It was the moment Taehyung realized Jungkook was done with his assignment. Jungkook watched him sigh before the blond got up putting his things on his desk and going in his bed without looking at Jungkook.

The younger felt confused but said nothing. he did the same, putting his laptop away and going to sleep. He smiled softly when he realized he spent the evening with Taehyung by his side and he actually enjoyed it even if they didn’t talk. Because Taehyung was there beside him, listening to music with him. And somehow it was important for Jungkook.

 

 

The next day Taehyung did the exact same thing. He saw Jungkook on his laptop, just browsing and came sitting down next to him, taking one of the earphones and drawing.

They began to settle a routine, with Jungkook coming around 7pm at the dorm and Taehyung not long after and they would just sit on Jungkook’s bed, listening to music while they were both doing their thing. What surprised Jungkook the most was that each time he would stay late at the practice room, Taehyung would come and sit his usual corner.

Jungkook was happy because his dream was finally becoming true, him getting closer to his roommate but they didn’t even really interact as they just sat side by side. But he knew that Taehyung was captivating. He was not only handsome, but Jungkook noticed some things about him. For example, Taehyung never draw without music and also refused to show Jungkook what he was working on. The blond had a preference for pop music but had a thing for soft and sad ballads. And Jungkook didn’t know how but Taehyung had added Begin on his playlist.

Jungkook had finally named the song Yoongi gave him and Taehyung kept on playing it when they listened to music. Now he even had it on his own phone. But Jungkook didn’t know why.

Taehyung also started to hang out more with him. Now each time Jungkook would dance with Jimin and Hoseok Taehyung was there too. He even reacted more to what the three dancers were saying. He would puff when they were being silly, laughed quietly at something funny. But no words or nothing more than listening to music when he was alone with Jungkook.

Jungkook was on his bed, an empty document open on his laptop. He was supposed to write some lyrics but he didn’t have any inspiration. He could choose the theme he wanted but he had no idea. He looked at Taehyung peacefully drawing beside him. After all these evening spent together like that, Jungkook had stopped questioning his relationship with Taehyung. It didn’t matter if they were friends or not because Taehyung still spent that time with him.

And Jungkook had find himself craving for Taehyung’s attention. He wanted to have him by his side. Taehyung was so talented, so beautiful, he was so perfect that having someone like him looking at Jungkook made the latter feel important. That mysterious aura around him had Jungkook so curious that he wanted to know the blond more.

His eyes fell on Taehyung’s hand holding a pencil.

“Taehyung” he called, eyes still on the hand.

Taehyung glanced up and stopped drawing, waiting for Jungkook to speak.

“Can you teach me how to draw ?” Jungkook, asked bluntly, locking gaze with Taehyung who seemed taken aback.

Jungkook just stared at him, until Taehyung appeared to realize how serious he was. The blond smiled a little and turned the page on his sketchbook, giving it to Jungkook. He then gave his pencil to the younger and placed it in his hand. Jungkook watched him during the whole time. Then Taehyung took another pencil and start to draw in the corner of the blank page a little rabbit. He did particularly slow and Jungkook understood it was because he was supposed to follow his movements. So he did. Taehyung repeated the same line multiple times for Jungkook to copy it.

When Jungkook messed up, Taehyung just took his hand and guided it to make the line better. Jungkook stared at the older instead of the drawing but quickly shook his head and focused on his rabbit. They worked for at least half an hour, Jungkook getting better with Taehyung’s patience. Until beside Taehyung’s perfect and cute little rabbit appeared a second one, with blurry lines and a little bit more grotesque as it was Jungkook’s first time drawing something.

But Jungkook felt proud and when he looked up at Taehyung he received a bright boxy smile that made him even prouder. That night they stayed side by side without doing anything, just listening to music on Jungkook’s phone until they both fell asleep.

Jungkook woke up the next day feeling warm and when he opened his eyes he found Taehyung’s sleeping face just a few inches away. They were holding each other during their sleep and he didn’t know how they ended up in this position. The earphones were discarded somewhere on the bed with his phone. He stared at Taehyung, a smile playing on his lips as his heartbeat increased. He just closed his eyes again and dozed off again, feeling happy.

 

 

“Since when did my best friend became yours because I did not agree to this !” whined Jimin, pouting.

Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung were out to grab a coffee before going to Yoongi’s studio. Jimin was annoying Jungkook until Taehyung stepped in and stopped Jimin. Jungkook had thanked him which resulted in Jimin thinking his friends were ganging up against him.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sipped on his coffee, ignoring the whining Jimin he had clinging onto his arm. Jungkook watched them and couldn’t help but chuckle. The two best friends looked at him and he smirked.

“Jimin hyung, Taehyung is still your best friend. I think it’s just the fact that you’re an annoying little man.”

Taehyung smiled brightly before laughing, his usual quiet laughed that Jungkook started to find endearing. Jimin crossed his arms and scowled, nudging Taehyung so he would stop mocking him.

“You are mean Jungkookie ! And Tae, I thought we would stick together until our deaths but here you are choosing the side of this buffed bunny instead of mine ! I feel betrayed”

Taehyung rolled his eyes again and flicked Jungkook’s forehead, looking at Jimin who smiled smugly.

“It’s better” Jimin said and resumed walking dragging an amused Taehyung while Jungkook was pouting.

“Hey I didn’t deserve that !” he said.

Taehyung looked at him and shrugged while Jimin shouted “Yes you did ! Don’t criticize my bestie, he knows how to defend me”

But Taehyung smiled softly at Jungkook to appease him and Jungkook drank his coffee, ignoring Jimin’s rant about how he wanted to eat pizza.

 

 

One day, when Jungkook was into his hip-hop dance class, he performed something he worked hard on. But it wasn’t good enough. This dance was the hardest he had to learn and he didn’t practice it as much as he would have usually because now he spent all his evening with Taehyung. So he messed up.

For other it would still pass as a good performance, but for his teacher and the other, he knew it wasn’t what they expected from him. when he finished his routine, he looked at the teacher.

“Jungkook” the man began “You were off beat half of the performance. The steps weren’t precise and you seem like you’re lacking the energy. Did you practice enough for this dance ? It’s not what I’m used to coming from you”

“Sorry” Jungkook mumbled, bowing to his teacher.

“Don’t be. I just hope you realize you will fail you semester in my class if your dancing doesn’t get better.”

Jungkook bowed again and went to seat in the corner, ignoring how Yugyeom, Lisa and Ten tried to cheer him up. At the end of the class he ran out and ignored everyone. He skipped the classes the rest of the day and locked himself in the practice room. Dancing would help him calm down and clear his mind.

That night he stayed later than usual in the practice room as he was working on Begin. He had yet to create lyrics for it and he thought maybe dancing would help him. He knew he could asked Yoongi or Namjoon to help him but he wanted those lyrics to be personal. So he danced without thinking on the song, sighing when he thought it wasn’t good enough.

Frustration began to boil in him. That day had been rough. Not only his teacher told him he was lacking when he saw his performance but Yugyeom was kind of annoying too because he always wanted to hang out. Even Jimin and his usual cheerfulness riled him up. Plus the whole situation with Taehyung was confusing him, as he started to feel more and more attracted to the guy without knowing anything about him.

His steps became messy and when he looked at himself in the mirror, he scrunched up his nose in disgust. He had dark bags under his eyes and he let exhausted. Clearly it was not his week.

The door suddenly opened on Taehyung holding bags of take out foods and the blond stopped at the door. They stared at each other, Jungkook panting heavily. Taehyung frowned before rolling his eyes. He went straight for the speakers and stopped the music. Jungkook started to protest but Taehyung glared at him. the blond just came in the center of the room where Jungkook was standing and he sat down on the floor right beside Jungkook, putting the bags of foods in front of him. Then he looked up at Jungkook.

And the younger didn’t know why but he scowled at the older. He was angry and Taehyung interrupted his practice. Normally Taehyung would wait until Jungkook was done, he never cut the music himself. And Jungkook was still lost, not knowing what to do with Taehyung so he did the first thing he thought of. Because for once, having Taehyung’s attention when he wasn’t feeling good was fuelling his anger.

“What do you think your doing ?” he suddenly yelled “I’m practicing you can’t just stop the music without even giving me an explanation ! Well I don’t even know if you can as you never ing talk ! And just go to your corner I’m trying to dance here !”

He knew he must have looked like a mad man but he was just so pissed he didn’t realized what he had just said. But Taehyung stood up stiffly, not sparing Jungkook a glance and he took his bag to exit the room. When Jungkook understood what the older was doing and how he yelled for no reason at Taehyung he began to panic.

He grabbed Taehyung by the wrist but the other didn’t turn around. He tried to free himself and Jungkook just whined because he didn’t knew what to do. He felt like he never knew when it came to Taehyung.

“Taehyung I’m sorry I shouldn’t have yelled at you. I … I’m just having a tough week and I didn’t mean to hurt you. You can stay and we’ll eat okay ?” he sounded desperate even to his own ears.

But Taehyung shook his arm harder until Jungkook let go and stormed out of the room, leaving Jungkook.

 

 

Taehyung stopped looking at him. He even stopped sleeping in their dorm. Jungkook felt sick because he had hurt the older. It had been hard to get close to the older and when he finally managed to do it he screwed everything up by taking all his anger out on Taehyung who had done nothing wrong. Taehyung maybe never chose to talk to him, but they were still close. Jungkook realized how much those nights spent listening to music with Taehyung meant to him when suddenly he was alone in his dorm.

But after moping for a few days, anger began to fill him. Because he had done nothing wrong either. Yelling on his friend wasn’t a good thing but Taehyung never seemed to really care about him. After all he would just sit beside Jungkook, listening to music but he never spoke, Jungkook didn’t know anything about the other’s life.

The worst was that he snapped at everyone in this state. First he told Yugyeom to leave him alone because if they were really good friends, Yugyeom should have seen Jungkook was upset. Then his teachers were all riling him up. And there was the problem with Jimin and the others. The very next day of him yelling on Taehyung Jimin glared at him so bad that Jungkook avoided him.

What he thought would last a day extended to a week. He shut the others off, even when they were the one trying to reach him. Because he was not only angry at them but also at himself. His performances weren’t good anymore and now he was getting the kind of attention he hated. The look of disappointment from his teachers, the look of pity from the other students in his classes.

Jungkook’s life was dancing, since he was a child he wanted to be a dancer and he fought against everyone who tried to look down on him. Dancing helped him be confident. He would spend all his free time in practice room to get better. But since he joined college, he let his confidence got the best of him. Because he could finally live his life like he wanted it and just dance all day, he thought he didn’t have to invest as much time and energy as he did before. He started going out more at the beginning with Yugyeom and Jaehyun. Then he took practice a little bit less seriously as he danced with Jimin and Hoseok and they were always fun to be around.

And Taehyung. He wanted Taehyung’s attention so bad because the other never gave it to him that he chose to skip on his evening practices to spend time with him.

That was Jungkook’s biggest flaw but also greatest strength. He put his all in everything he did. He wanted to dance ? He became the best in his dance class back in Busan. He wanted to get into Yonsei university ? He did it and with a scholarship because he was this good. If he wanted someone’s attention on him, he would do everything to have it. But the problem was getting Taehyung’s attention. Because for that he stopped dancing as hard as he would. When Taehyung would be in the practice room he would put songs that he knew by heart to impress him.

It had been two weeks since he stopped talking to anyone. When he had a breakdown in high school, it was because of stupid high schoolers who tried to shame him for his passion or his uality. And he managed to get out of it by proving them wrong. He became the most popular guy in the school and his friends never criticized his passion for dance, they cheered for him.

But in college, they were all here for the same passion of dance. He was like the others, he wasn’t the only guy who danced and had to show the others they were wrong. He didn’t get the same attention as before and it pained him more than he liked to admit it.

And now he had messed up with his friends by pushing them away, by hurting Taehyung.

He screamed as he danced, letting his frustration out as for once his mind wasn’t blank when his body moved. He was dancing but the chaos was still in his head, he hadn’t managed to shut his mind down during his routine.

He threw his shirt away, his chest covered in sweat and replayed Begin. He danced but it didn’t calm him down. He felt frustrated and decided to go for a run. It was Saturday, in the late afternoon so he was sure the campus wouldn’t be too crowd. He put his hoodie on and locked the room behind him.

He began to run, earphones in as his feet hit the ground in rhythm. He wasn’t running for long when someone stopped him. He looked at Lisa who was smiling at him, her three friends beside her.

“Hey Jungkook” she said with a smile.

“Hi” he greeted shortly, eager to resume his run.

“We don’t see you anymore around campus, you’re always hiding in your practice room. So we thought you would like to come with us at a party ? it’s only for the freshmen majoring in art, so Yugyeom, Jaehyun and all the others will be there. I promise we’ll have fun” she looked hopeful, as she tried to get closer, linking her arms with his but he stepped back, frowning.

“No thanks” and he glared at her before running away.

But he stopped a few meters away when he caught Jimin and Taehyung’s stares on him. Taehyung seemed hurt for no apparent reason and Jimin glared at Jungkook. The latter glared back and ran, frowning. Why Jimin was still this pissed against him ?

 

 

The next day, he had his answer. He was dancing in his practice room when the door swung open, revealing a very angry Jimin but Jungkook ignored him. Jimin grunted and went to turn off the music, earning a glare from Jungkook.

“Now Jeon Jungkook you’re going to sit your down and ing listen to me” ordered Jimin.

“Because you think I’ll do what you want ?” Jungkook spat “you didn’t even give me a chance to explain myself to you. You stopped talking to me and kept glaring at me. So go back to your bestie and ing leave me alone” his voice had so much venom in it he himself didn’t even know why. He just figured he was hurt by the situation.

“Shut the up it’s not about you it’s about Taehyung !” Jimin shouted back.

And that worked. Jungkook froze as soon as Taehyung’s name came out of Jimin’s mouth. The one guy that haunted him and messed with his head. Jungkook had refused to analyse his feelings but now he had to admit his heart beat harder in his chest.

So he leaned against the mirror, as far from Jimin as he could, and crossed his arms against his chest. Jimin sighed, seemingly tired and looked at Jungkook with something that appeared as sadness in his eyes.

“I know Taehyung hasn’t been honest with you and believe me I told him many times to trust you but he was scared. I need you to understand how serious the situation is.” He paused, looking at Jungkook to see his reaction but Jungkook kept a blank expression.

“Jungkook, you reproached Taehyung that he never talked. But the truth is, he can’t.”

“What do you mean ?” asked Jungkook, pissed off.

“Taehyung is mute.”

And Jungkook froze. His eyes widened as he received a look full of empathy from Jimin. Jungkook suddenly understood. Taehyung never talked, neither to him nor his friends. Even his laugh didn’t make a sound. Yugyeom told him the rumour about Taehyung not talking to anyone. How Taehyung would communicate by nods with his friends or used facial expressions. And more important how he looked hurt when Jungkook yelled at him.

“Oh ” he whispered, running a hand through his hair.

“Yeah . Listen Jungkook, it’s not really my story to tell, but Taehyung is scared that people would judge him if they knew so if he’s not forced to do it, he never tells people. Well not really tell, more like giving the piece of paper he got from his doctor explaining his situation. Don’t ask me about that, people can really be suspicious. But he can communicate as good as you and I can. It’s just we had to learn how to understand him. And you can too. You know, he liked being your friend because you never seemed annoyed by him not talking. But after you yelled at him, it all came back in his face. Taehyung doesn’t have a really good self-esteem and …”

“I need to talk to him” Jungkook interrupted him “where is he ?”

Jimin sighed before glancing at his phone “he’s probably still in the library. He likes being there because, well you’re not supposed to talk there.”

Jungkook grabbed his hoodie and quickly collected all his things before exiting the room. He ran toward the library and entered it quite loudly. He earned a glare from the girl working there and just smiled apologetically. He scanned the place with his eyes but couldn’t find Taehyung. So he went to look after him.

He was a dance major, so he never really came to this building. but without knowing the place well, he managed to find Taehyung sitting on the floor near shelves about art. He had his sketchbook on his lap and one earphone in his ear. Jungkook stopped a few meters away and cleared his throat to get Taehyung’s attention.

When the blond lifted his head, Jungkook felt nervous. They locked eyes and Taehyung seemed surprised to see him. Jungkook sighed and walked to him, crouching in front of the other as Taehyung stared at him, no emotions on his face.

“Taehyung, I’m sorry” Jungkook whispered “I shouldn’t have yelled at you and I regret everything I said.”

Taehyung looked at him intently before sighing and writing something on his sketchbook. With a sad gaze, he showed the page at Jungkook.

Jimin told you

Jungkook nodded and Taehyung sighed. He looked away and Jungkook dared to touch him, reaching to gently grab his chin and turned it toward him. Taehyung’s eyes were so expressive.

“I would never judge you” he whispered, ignoring his crazy heart in his chest.

Taehyung shook his head before writing something else.

Yes you would. Because each time I look at you, you seem so perfect.

You looked so amazed when you saw me draw. I didn’t want to disappoint you.

Because I was happy someone had any interest in me without knowing my problem.

Jungkook smiled softly and sat on the floor, right in front of Taehyung. He took the pencil from Taehyung and also the sketchbook. He began to draw something, hiding it from Taehyung who was curious and tried to lean to see.

“Hey, you never let me see your drawings, so wait until I’m finished” he teased as Taehyung pouted.

When he was done he showed the page to Taehyung and smiled when he saw him gasp. On the page was a little rabbit, still a little bit blurry with a “Hi I’m Jungkook” above his head. Taehyung closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again and smiling so brightly that Jungkook let like melting.

 

 

After that day, Jungkook finally talked with the others and they accepted his excuses, as Taehyung was by his side and nodding at everything he said. Jungkook discovered many things he didn’t knew about his friends. First Jimin and Taehyung were raised together, then they met Yoongi in high school and the three others in college. Taehyung in fact talked a lot in sign language that they all learned for him and if any of them didn’t understand, Jimin would translate.

But it wasn’t his only way of communicating, his whole body language could be used when he wanted to express something. Also Jungkook and him resumed spending their evening listening to music but now they would talk, with Taehyung writing his answers on a little blackboard he had with him.

They spent more time together and Jungkook was glad because now when he would catch Taehyung’s gaze on him, he would smile to the other. And that happened quite a lot. He realized Taehyung looked at him often and that pleased him.

But he also learnt that some subjects were taboo. Taehyung had completely ignored him during one evening when Jungkook tried to talk about high school. Also Taehyung had yet to explain to him why he was mute in the first place. But they had time so Jungkook wasn’t impatient. He understood trust was important for Taehyung.

One day he woke up and found himself in a position that happened more often than not nowadays. Taehyung was beside him, they were sleeping in each other’s arms and he smiled. They would now watch movies or talk until falling asleep, so he found papers scattered on the bed with Taehyung’s neat writing on it. He stretched his limbs and got up, making sure to not wake up Taehyung. He put the papers on the nightstand and went to the bathroom. When he came back, Taehyung was yawning, sprawled on the bed and the older smiled when he saw him.

“Hey do you want to have lunch together today ?” he asked as he grabbed a t-shirt to put on.

Taehyung nodded and they got dressed to go to class.

Jungkook walked to his class and smiled at Yugyeom while sitting at his usual spot. His friend smirked and Jungkook looked at him, curious.

“So lover boy, how’s life now that you have your cute blond by your side ?” Yugyeom asked.

“What are you saying ? We’re not together” Jungkook said, rolling his eyes.

“You do realize that each time he sends you a text, you have the stupidest smile I have ever seen ?”

Jungkook glared at him and didn’t reply, knowing that Yugyeom wouldn’t stop teasing him. It was true that he was thinking about asking out Taehyung, as he knew he had feelings for the blond. But he still had to figure if it wasn’t one-sided and when to ask. For now he would just appreciate having all Taehyung’s attention on him.

When it was lunch time, he exited his class and walked toward the spot he had to wait Taehyung. But when he came closer to the place, he found Taehyung rolling his eyes at two students in front of him. Jungkook heard what they were saying and really it didn’t pleased him.

“Taehyung why did you tell Mr. Kim about the project ? I thought we agreed on this. Now we have low grades when you got a better one” said one guy.

“Well, he didn’t really talk” added the other one and they both began to laugh like idiots.

Jungkook knew Taehyung had to deal with that type of people for years and that he could defend himself but his anger boiled in his veins. He walked toward them and stood by Taehyung side, even daring putting his arm around his waist.

“How about you try to shut up ? And your grades represent the effort you put in. So I assume you didn’t do anything ? And besides, Taehyung has more talent in his pinkie than you in your entire body. Now excuse us” he said, with a fake smile and his voice dangerously low.

He pushed slightly on Taehyung’s waist to make him walk beside him, ignoring the looks from the two guys. Jungkook was slightly pissed and didn’t even think about his arm around Taehyung. It was when they were at the cafeteria, as Taehyung leaned a bit against him that he realized. He faked a cough and went to move away but he noticed Taehyung staring at him.

The older just smirked and entered the building, leaving a flustered Jungkook by the door.

 

The sound of their shoes on the floor was the only sound in the room as Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok were rehearsing their routine without the music. Jungkook was the main dancer in the first part of the choreography and he felt proud his friends trusted him with that. Hoseok motioned to Yoongi to play the music and the older one complied. Jungkook glanced at Taehyung who was in his usual corner and smiled a bit when he noticed the blonde’s eyes on him.

They began to dance along the music, Jungkook putting all his strength in it, mind blank as always. When Jimin solo part came, Jungkook was on the side and he glanced again toward Taehyung. He frowned a little seeing the awe expression on Taehyung’s face. He didn’t like that, feeling jealousy invading his veins. He wanted Taehyung’s attention all for himself and specially that type of gaze. He wanted to impress his roommate.

So when Hoseok and him joined Jimin he danced along with more power. That part of the song was sensual, with hip . So he made sure to do them very well, emphasizing each move and he smirked a bit when he glanced at Taehyung to see the other staring at him intently. That was what he wanted.

At the end of the song, they all grabbed water bottle and Jungkook threw his shirt off, using a towel to dry his skin. He drank half of the bottle before going to Taehyung while the three others were talking about the dance. He squatted in front of Taehyung and met his gaze. He smiled brightly and he liked seeing the small blush on Taehyung’s cheeks.

“Taehyung, do you like the dance ?” he asked, still a smirk on.

Taehyung gave him an unimpressed look before scribbling something down on a piece of paper. He showed it to Jungkook who laughed.

Well if by that you mean you having with the air and acting like it’s perfectly normal yeah sure. But I like Jiminie’s part the most

Jungkook stopped laughing when he read the last bit of the sentence and frowned making Taehyung smirked in return. The blond then started to write another thing and showed it again to Jungkook.

Try harder Kookie

Jungkook smirked and leaned to whisper in Taehyung’s ear.

“Taehyung you have no idea how hardworking I am. Guess I’ll have to show you”

And he stood up, leaving behind a confused and slightly flustered Taehyung.

 

 

“Tae ?” Jungkook called, a bit confused.

He was on his bed, browsing on his laptop for nearly an hour when he suddenly realized Taehyung had been staring at him the whole time. The blond was on his own bed, sketchbook in hand. When he was called Taehyung lifted his head from looking at the paper and gave Jungkook a questioning look.

“Why are you staring at me like that ?”

Taehyung pouted and his eyes dropped on Jungkook’s chest. The freshman smirked slightly and hummed in answer, going back to his laptop. Ever since that day with the idiot students and him hugging Taehyung’s waist, there was a weird tension between them. It was true there were closer than before, as they could finally be friends without hiding things to each other.

But still, they didn’t quite go out and never discussed the thing they had going on, because even Jimin realized something was up as he whined about Taehyung focusing more on Jungkook than on his own best friend and he was feeling betrayed. Right after that, Hoseok cornered Jungkook and gave him a box of condoms. Jungkook was confident about himself, but not this confident because he didn’t like people looking into his life.

Jungkook had to be honest he loved having Taehyung’s gaze on him. To the point he didn’t care about other’s attention anymore as long as Taehyung’s soft eyes were on him. Taehyung always seemed to speak with his eyes and what Jungkook saw in them just made him feel good.

Suddenly Jungkook was pulled out of his thoughts when Taehyung sat beside him on the bed and shyly extended his hand holding a paper.

“What’s this ?” Jungkook asked with a small smile as he took the paper.

He unfolded it and widened his eyes as he saw what was on it. A black and white drawing of him, in the exact position he was in. His legs crossed with his laptop on his laps, the over-sized hoodie, everything looked so real. But especially his face and his hair. Each strand fell on his face perfectly, his eyes focused on the screen as he furrowed his eyebrows a little. His front teeth biting in the flesh of his lower lip.

He was so shocked he couldn’t say a world. Then he realized some details that had their importance. He wore his favourite Iron Man socks on the drawing when he wasn’t wearing them now. Also the hoodie had the word “dance” on it, written in a stylish way. Taehyung even put his headphones on him, the ones he was dreaming to buy and kept talking about. He even found himself even more handsome than he was in reality, with a more precise jaw, eyes more sparkling.

He lifted his head and locked eyes with Taehyung. The latter seemed a bit shy but Jungkook could noticed the determination in his gaze.

“Taehyung … is that how you see me ?” he asked, a bit confused.

The blond nodded slowly and scooted closer. He began to move his hands slowly, knowing Jungkook was still learning the sign language.

“You” said Jungkook after looking at Taehyung’s gesture and the latter nodded “are perfect ? what Taehyung is that what you think of me ?”

Taehyung smiled softly as an answer. He looked so genuine and confident about that, Jungkook felt his heart melt. He was right, Taehyung’s attention on him was the best thing on earth. But he had to be honest with the older. Because for him Taehyung was so true to himself and honest with others when he accepted them as friends.

“Taehyung, I’m not. I crave attention. At the beginning I was pissed we weren’t friends because that meant I didn’t get your attention. When I’m close to people I want them to only look at me. But you are so kind. Since we became friends, you never denied me even when I might step over boundaries. Remember that night at Jin hyung’s place ? I literarily dragged you to be sure you’ll sit next to me and also I acted a little bit like a possessive friend and that’s not good.”

The other shook his head and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. Jungkook was waiting for him to sign something else or write down an answer but what Taehyung did took him by surprise. Suddenly the blond put his laptop on the bed and straddled Jungkook. He didn’t waste time and cupped the younger’s face before kissing his lips softly, like he wanted to take his time tasting them.

Jungkook’s heart melted as his body became hot, his hand were going to grab Taehyung’s waist and he kissed back. His lips moved gently against Taehyung’s not believing he found himself in this position. He thought about it quite a lot but having the real thing was different.

He went slow and followed Taehyung’s pace, not wanting to rush things because Taehyung was precious and he wanted to listen to the elder’s needs.

Their mouths moved in sync, discovering each other as Jungkook pulled Taehyung closer to his chest. he tilted his head and at the other’s bottom lip. He moaned when his tongue met Taehyung’s and they began to move together. It was hard to breathe but he didn’t care, the feeling of Taehyung’s tongue against his, invading Taehyung’s mouth and making him shiver under his hands were sensation he wanted to feel for the longest time.

Taehyung was flushed against his chest, his hands grabbing Jungkook’s hair as the younger’s hands began to play with the hem of his hoodie, teasing the warm skin underneath.

When he felt lightheaded because of the lack of oxygen, Jungkook broke the kiss, pulling at Taehyung’s bottom lip with his teeth, before giving a quick peck. He leaned back and scanned Taehyung’s face. The blond’s red and kiss-swollen lips were so addictive, he wanted to dive again and captured them between his. But he held back.

“Taehyung I … would you like to go on a date with me ? Saturday ?” he asked.

And Taehyung widened his eyes before laughing quietly and nodding his head. Then he leaned toward Jungkook again and kissed him.

 

 

On Saturday, Jungkook took Taehyung out to go see a movie. That was what they were used to do in their dorm room, but that time they were doing it outside so in Jungkook’s head, it counted as a date. He insisted on buying the tickets, so Taehyung payed for the popcorn without consulting Jungkook. The between them was still here but as they took the habit to kiss whenever they felt like it in their room, it was a bit less tense.

Once they were in their seats, Jungkook leaned toward Taehyung.

“How about we eat after the movie ?” he asked.

Taehyung nodded and ate some popcorn, offering the bucket to Jungkook for him to pick some too. During the whole movie they sat pretty close, their shoulders against each other and their hands brushing. At some point Jungkook grabbed Taehyung’s hand, intertwining their fingers and Taehyung just smiled, not looking away from the screen.

It felt great for Jungkook to be there. He couldn’t believe that at first he thought Taehyung didn’t like him. It was just a problem of shyness and Taehyung needing to be sure Jungkook was trustworthy. Now he felt something for Taehyung that was deeper than a simple friendship. He didn’t know if he could call it love just yet, but he definitely wanted to have Taehyung all for himself.

When the movie ended they went to eat at a small restaurant not too far from the cinema. Jungkook asked for a table for two and they were placed against the wall, the both of them sliding in the booth quietly. Taehyung was stunning and staring intently at Jungkook, making the other feel warm. Jungkook talked and Taehyung answered in his own way, either signing, nodding or shaking his head and even taking his phone out to type his longer answer. Jungkook was a beginner at sign language so he couldn’t know everything yet. Short and simple thing he could and Jungkook loved learning that language because he thought it was so great for mutes to have their own language, something to express themselves.

When the waiter came to take their orders, Jungkook said his with a smile then turned to Taehyung. But he realized with horror he didn’t know how to act in this type of situation. Should he have asked before hand what Taehyung wanted and order for him ?

But Taehyung was as calm as ever, smiling as the waiter as he pointed what he wanted on the menu. The waiter didn’t even seemed phased by that, just writing on his notepad the orders before going away.

“I … I wanted to know, how do you do usually ? You just point what you want ?” Jungkook asked, curious.

Taehyung took out his phone and typed quickly his answer before sending the text. It was easier to just send the text instead of handing the device again and again between them. Jungkook looked at his phone.

From Taehyung.

Depends. Jimin always knows what I want so he does it for me, same for my family. But most of the time I just show what I want and that’s it. Not that difficult you know. You just have to get used to it.

Jungkook nodded and they went back to talk about the movie or other things. Jungkook still didn’t know why Taehyung was mute but he didn’t want to ruin the mood. So he didn’t ask and they spent a good evening.

That night when they came back, they stumbled into their room, too busy kissing each other to be careful. They went into Jungkook’s bed and made out until they fell sleepy. Taehyung got up to change clothes, Jungkook doing the same. To Jungkook’s relief, Taehyung came back quickly to his bed, seeking Jungkook’s warmth. Jungkook took him in his arms and closed his eyes, kissing Taehyung’s forehead.

“Thank you for tonight Tae, I loved it” he whispered.

He felt Taehyung moving, thinking the older was just trying to find a comfy position he didn’t bother opening his eyes. But he felt something poking his cheek repeatedly and he opened his eyes. Taehyung was staring at him and smiled when he noticed the younger’s eyes open. He then touched lightly his chin with his right hand, lowering it while nodding slightly. Jungkook widened his eyes, recognizing the sign to say thank you. He smiled and kissed softly Taehyung’s lips, feeling the other smiled against his mouth.

 

 

“So you guys are a thing ? Taehyung how come you didn’t tell me ?” asked Jimin with a pout as Jungkook just entered the practice room, went to Taehyung and kissed him, in front of their friends.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes with a smile and pulled Jungkook in another kiss before letting go of the other’s collar.

Jungkook smirked and threw his bag on the couch, beginning to stretch his body. He knew Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin were still staring at them but he ignored them.

“Hum hello there !!! I, as the bestie, want to know !” said Jimin, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Well obviously Jiminie, I think they are together” replied Yoongi, going back to his phone.

“But …” and Jimin interrupted himself.

Jungkook saw in the mirror Taehyung moving his hands and he understood some parts of it but not everything. He was pretty sure Taehyung was retelling how they went out and all of that.

“So you are boyfriends ?” Jimin asked to be sure.

Taehyung nodded with a smile and Jimin smiled too, going to hug his best friend. Jungkook felt his heart melt at the sight, knowing the deep bond between the two of them. He was happy because even if Taehyung and him didn’t talk about their relationship, they both took it seriously. But suddenly Jimin had invaded his personal space and was inches away from his face.

“Kookie, listen to senpai. I like you a lot, in a platonic way of course and I know you’re a great guy. But hurt Taehyung and I’m going to crush you. I’ll hit you with my car repeatedly, give you as a sacrifice to Yoongi after calling him short. Then I’ll throw you by the window, rip your heart out and give it to Holly to eat. Am I clear ?”

But Jimin was yanked backward by Taehyung who had stood up when his best friend started his threatening speech. He flicked Jimin’s forehead before going back to his corner.

“I’m sorry but why did I get dragged into this ? If you call me short, I’m going to kill you, not the sacrifice you’ll give me. And don’t you dare come close to Holly you filthy dwarf” Yoongi warned.

“And can I just mention the fact you don’t own a car ?” added Hoseok from his position near the speaker, choosing a song.

“Details” Jimin shrugged.

Jungkook rolled his eyes playfully and waited for the music to fill in the room. They began to dance, the same routine they had been practicing for weeks now. They were all focus when a ringing sound broke the moment. Jungkook stopped in his movements when he realized it was his phone. Hoseok went to turn off the music as Jungkook ran toward his phone that Yoongi was handing to him.

“Yes ?” he asked when he picked it up, panting and without checking how was calling.

“Hey Kook” greeted a cheerful voice.

“Oh Gumie” said Jungkook smiled tiredly as he tried to calm his breathing “what’s up ?”

“Well I was wondering, I’m a little bit stuck with our assignment for Music history. Did you complete it ? Because I could use some advice if you don’t mind”

“” Jungkook cursed, running a hand through his hair “When is it due again ?”

There was a pause on the line before Yugyeom spoke again “Kook … you’re not serious right ? It’s for the day after tomorrow !”

“Well I had other things to think of !” replied Jungkook annoyed as he collected his things and his bag.

“What was so important you forgot your paper that will decide if you pass that class ?” retorted Yugyeom.

Jungkook scowled at nothing and pouted “Why am I even friends with you Gumie ? You’re annoying”

“Because without me you’ll be daydreaming about your roommate all day every day and dance your off, thinking life is just about dancing and Taehyung’s ”

“Hey ! Taehyung’s is fantastic first of all and dance is indeed my life so why bother”

He just realized after saying that that he was still in the practice room, so the four others were listening to his conversation even if they couldn’t hear what Yugyeom said. So Hoseok burst out laughing, while Taehyung’s cheeks were a deep shade of red. Jimin patted affectionately his best friend’s back while smirking.

Jungkook facepalmed, told Yugyeom to wait and put him on mute.

“I have an assignment to do. I completely forgot about it. See you later” he rushed to say before quickly leaving the room.

He spent the whole night working on the paper and also the next day. Taehyung slept curled in a ball by his side and made sure during the day that Jungkook would eat. The younger was thankful because he couldn’t stop doing his assignment.

But at one time, around noon when Taehyung came back to the dorm, Jungkook was sitting at his desk, working on his laptop. He was so focused he almost jumped out of his seat when he felt hands on his shoulders. He turned slightly his head and gave a quick peck to Taehyung who was leaning toward him. Then he returned his attention to his screen.

The hands on his shoulders suddenly began to move, massaging the muscles and undoing every knot he got. He had been pretty stressed lately. The only problem was that it became quickly impossible to focus on working when Taehyung was making him feel so good. So Jungkook closed his eyes and tilted his head back, resting it against Taehyung’s belly.

Taehyung continued with his neck, rubbing his fingers skilfully. And suddenly a pair of soft lips were on Jungkook forehead. He opened his eyes and saw Taehyung smirking just above him. He smiled too and let Taehyung kissed his cheeks, enjoying the ministration.

“Taehyung, I’d love to go further with you, but I need to work” Jungkook whispered as Taehyung’s hands went to his chest.

He almost moaned when he felt the fingers brushing against his s and grabbed delicately Taehyung’s wrists. He sighed and let him go to turned around on his chair. The blond was smirking and immediately sat on Jungkook’s laps.

“Tae … I’m busy” he almost whined when Taehyung leaned to kiss his neck.

Taehyung extended his hands and grabbed something behind Jungkook on the desk. Jungkook heard the sound of a pencil on a paper and waited, knowing Taehyung wanting to tell him something. When the older gave him the paper, he read it.

Hum you called Yugyeom “Gumie” and as soon as he talked to you, you stopped dancing. I love it when you danced. Plus you did say I had a great , don’t you want to have some fun ? A break during your work ?

Jungkook smirked and threw the paper somewhere, staring at Taehyung as he put his hands on the blond’s waist.

“Jealous ? How do you want me to call you Taehyung ? Tae ?” as the older didn’t react, he tried other things “sweetheart ?” and Taehyung shivered, making the younger smirk even more “hum how about baby ? Love ? Kitten ?”

And apparently Taehyung liked pet names as each time he pressed himself closer to Jungkook. The younger lightly kissed his neck before leaning back.

“And you do have a great sweetheart, but I can’t have fun with it now. When I’m done, we’ll do everything you want. You’re just bored aren’t you ?”

Taehyung nodded and stood up to grab something in his bag. It was his sketchbook. Taehyung opened it at the last page and Jungkook understood.

“You filled every pages and you don’t have a new one ? You should go buy one now”

Taehyung pouted and Jungkook pulled him by the hand to kiss him.

“You do that and I’ll work so I’ll be done faster.”

When he did. He spent the whole day and a part of the night on it. He finally finished it, it was one in the morning and Taehyung was sleeping against his side. Jungkook yawned before moving slowly to not wake up his boyfriend.

He put his computer on the floor and immediately laid down, taking Taehyung in his arms. But the older one woke up and looked at Jungkook through his half-opened eyes.

“Go back to sleep Taehyung I just finished” Jungkook whispered before closing his eyes.

He felt a pair of plump lips against his before Taehyung turned his back on him so Jungkook was spooning him.

 

 

They were both in the practice room one evening, Jungkook wanting to dance to Begin. The song had finally lyrics and the routine he created was pretty hard so he spent his time doing it again and again. Taehyung had decided to stay every time Jungkook was in the practice room. But he didn’t sit in a corner. He sat right in front of Jungkook, still against the mirror. So now every time Jungkook danced, he had to refrain from looking down to stare at his boyfriend.

He was in his bubble, focusing on the dance when his eyes caught something and he missed a beat. Taehyung had just ed the first button of his shirt. And it wasn’t helping Jungkook’s state because the older happened to wear the red silk shirt Jungkook loved.

Taehyung drank water and Jungkook missed another beat when a drop of water escaped the corner of Taehyung’s mouth to roll down his chin. He could swear Taehyung had smirked but as the blond kept a straight face he didn’t know if he was hallucinating or not. Taehyung stretched his arms and as he did so, a sliver of his belly appeared and this time Jungkook had lost his focus.

His boyfriend was teasing him, because suddenly Taehyung stretched his legs and kept them a bit open, putting the sketchbook aside to play on his phone. Jungkook felt the heat in the room increase when a second button was undone on Taehyung’s shirt and the younger decided to play the same game.

He took his tank top off and tossed it somewhere in the room before going over to the speaker. He put on another song, one he knew would get all Taehyung’s attention. He smirked when the music began to fill the room, making Taehyung widened his eyes. Jungkook stood right in front of him just a meter away and danced.

He mouthed the lyrics, staring at Taehyung when the lyrics where “I’m gonna be a bad boy”. He knew Rainism was a good choice. Taehyung had abandoned his phone and seemed mesmerized.

When the music ended, he was kneeling just inches away from Taehyung, the latter having his mouth parted due to the shock. Jungkook smirked and leaned, putting his hands on the mirror, on both sides of Taehyung’s head. He blew on Taehyung’s mouth before capturing it with his.

Taehyung’s hands immediately came to his neck, sliding in his hair before gripping strands as they kissed slowly. Jungkook nipped at Taehyung’s bottom lip and when the latter opened his mouth, deepened the kiss. Their tongues met in Taehyung’s mouth, taking the blond’s breath away. Jungkook tilted his head and pressed harder against Taehyung’s lips, wanted to devour the older male.

Taehyung broke their kiss, making the younger groan but Jungkook quickly found another activity, kissing his way down to Taehyung’s neck, at the sharp jaw. He left open-mouth kisses, the pretty skin and right under the ear but not enough for leaving a mark. He felt Taehyung shiver under him and he moaned, loving how pliant Taehyung was.

He stopped and moved back, looking at Taehyung who was breathless, lips red and swollen. He glanced at his own reflection and could see he was no better. So he took Taehyung’s hand in his and stood up, pulling Taehyung along.

“How about we bring that to our dorm ?” he whispered, grabbing Taehyung’s chin to stare in his brown eyes.

Taehyung nodded and they grabbed their things quickly, Jungkook putting on his hoodie. He smirked when he saw from the corner of his eyes Taehyung pouting at the action.

“Don’t worry sweetheart, I’ll take it off again soon” and he winked at a flustered and aroused Taehyung.

They walked hand in hand toward their dorm room, their pace fast as they kept glancing and smiling at each other. If others students saw them, they might’ve thought they were weird. In the building, they climbed the stairs two at a time, making a little race to see who would get up first. Taehyung unlocked the door with difficulty as Jungkook was pressed against his back, his neck and hands going everywhere they wanted.

When the door was finally unlocked, Jungkook pushed it open with one hand, Taehyung too busy shivering and leaning against Jungkook to do it. The younger made them walk inside before locking the door behind them. They stared at each other with lust in their eyes and Jungkook took his hoodie off. He relished in having Taehyung’s hungry and lusty eyes on him. He had always loved how Taehyung looked at him.

Taehyung walked backwards toward the bed, still staring at Jungkook as he ed his shirt. When he fell on his back, Jungkook was quick to crawl over him, his lips when his eyes roamed over the now exposed chest. He leaned down and softly kissed the skin, Taehyung shivering under his mouth.

Jungkook went back up and captured Taehyung’s lips in a passionate kiss, not letting him rest even when Taehyung broke the kiss to breathe. He was addicted to the feeling of Taehyung’s plump lips against his, how he tasted and he couldn’t get enough. When he finally parted their mouth, he couldn’t help himself but nipped at Taehyung’s bottom lip, before kissing his cheek. He went to kiss and his jaw before diving in his neck. He hard on the skin, and kissing and stopped when he was satisfied by the mark. He kissed the Adam’s apple before it lightly. His hands rubbed Taehyung’s sides up and down and he could feel Taehyung’s fingers running along his spine.

He grabbed Taehyung’s belt and unbuckled it, before sliding down both his pants and underwear. Finally able to see Taehyung almost , as he still had his red silk shirt open on his chest, Jungkook moaned at the sight. He went to and kiss the inner thighs, loving how Taehyung’s body reacted to him. Taehyung shivered when his mouth went too close to his aching , he tightened his thighs around Jungkook’s head when he particularly hard on one spot and he pulled his hair when he finally .

Jungkook had always liked hearing his partners, knowing how good he could make them feel but with Taehyung it was different. It was his whole body talking to him. He was lightly the member in font of him when Taehyung pulled his hair harder. He looked up and understood Taehyung wanted something. So he went up and looked in the other’s eyes.

“Make me understand Taehyung. What do you want ?” he whispered against his lips, them.

Taehyung’s right hand touched Jungkook’s chest before going all the way down, grabbing the erected member and squeezing it slightly. Jungkook moaned and closed his eyes before feeling a push against his chest. He ended up kneeling on the bed with Taehyung leaning on his elbows in front of him, his eyes staring straight at Jungkook. The blond smirked before blowing air on Jungkook’s .

The younger had to refrain from and stared at Taehyung as the latter began to slowly his , from the base to the top before kissing it. It took a moan from Jungkook for Taehyung to begin taking the member in his mouth. He gently at first, only the tip before he slowly went to take more and more. What he couldn’t fit in his mouth he it with his hand. He bobbed his head up and down faster, having Jungkook his name and pulling at his hair.

It was hard for Jungkook not to buck into Taehyung’s mouth when it felt so good, so hot around . He felt the growing in the pit of his stomach, heat boiling in him.

“Tae … ah-stop”

Taehyung immediately stopped and watched as Jungkook panted heavily. The younger smiled before grabbing the elder’s nape to pull in a heated kiss. Then he pushed Taehyung slightly, reaching for the nightstand’s drawer.

“On all four sweetheart” he said while grabbing a and a bottle of lube.

Taehyung turned his back to him and leaned on his forearms. Jungkook loved that sight, as Taehyung still had his silky red shirt on and it made him even more gorgeous. Jungkook put the two items aside and put his hands on Taehyung’s . He kneaded the flesh a little before slowly dragging his hands up, seeing them disappear under the fabric and loving how it made the shirt revealed a sliver of Taehyung’s back.

He leaned down and kissed Taehyung’s spine, one hand blindly grabbing the lube. He straightened back and poured some on his fingers, before rubbing his index against the tight ring of muscle. Taehyung inhaled sharply, surprised by the cold feeling and Jungkook smirked a little.

Jungkook inserted his finger slowly, staring at Taehyung’s body to know how he felt. He moved his finger in and out until he added a second finger. He waited a bit to be sure Taehyung was fine before ing them, scissoring to stretch the inner walls. He heard Taehyung took a sharp inhale and smirked a bit. He repeated the movement and was pleased to ear the same reaction each time. The third finger helped stretch even wider before he couldn’t hold himself anymore, having Taehyung shaking just because of his fingers made him want to wreck him completely with .

He put the on, slicked himself before gripping Taehyung’s hips. He pushed in slowly, his thumbs rubbing Taehyung’s hip bone when he felt him tensed. He waited until the blond relaxed again to push forward and bottomed out.

When he was fully inside, he moaned lowly as the tight heat surrounding him and rubbed his hands on Taehyung’s side, still fascinating by the way the silk shirt would frame Taehyung’s body nicely. He leaned down to kiss Taehyung’s nape before he felt the blond pushing backward. Jungkook straightened his back before pulling out. He ed back in and heard Taehyung gasped.

He started moving his hips slowly, groaning at the feeling of being inside Taehyung. After some time he built up the pace, the sound of skin slapping against skin filling the air along with their pants. Jungkook was gripping Taehyung’s hips so hard he was afraid he might left marks on them, but at the same time that thought made him smirk.

Taehyung’s body shivering and writhing under him was such a beautiful sight he wanted to give more to the elder, ing as hard as he could at his quick pace. Taehyung’s arms gave in and he fell on his forearms, his head hidden in his arms. Jungkook could felt the blond’s thighs trembling and he knew his grip was the only reason why Taehyung’s knees didn’t give up yet.

When Jungkook felt the familiar heat pooling in him, one of his hands let go of Taehyung’s hip to grab instead the elder’s . He it at the same pace as his s. He came first, spilling in the and Taehyung came after him. Jungkook kept ing to help them rode their s until it felt too sensitive to move.

He pulled out, breathing heavily and stood up to throw the in the bathroom’s bin. He came back with a towel, noticing Taehyung had finally removed his shirt completely and laid on his back. Jungkook cleaned them both before throwing the towel somewhere in the room. He laid down and Taehyung came in his arms to snuggle against his chest.

Taehyung looked up at Jungkook as they both caught their breath and smiled. He lifted his right hand balled in a fist. He rose his pinkie first, under the scrutinizing gaze of the younger, then his index finger and finally his thumb.

Jungkook widened his eyes before smiling brightly at Taehyung, giggling as he kissed him. Taehyung Jungkook’s hair with a gentle smile. Jungkook suddenly felt to warm he also rose his fist and did the exact same thing that Taehyung did. This time Taehyung not only smile but his eyes watered. They cuddled until they fell asleep, having confessing their feelings in the most meaningful way for Taehyung.

 

 

Jimin had dragged him at a college party, because he wanted to have fun with his friends. Jungkook held Taehyung’s hand tightly, not wanting to lose sight of him. The blond wasn’t against that, as he planned to stay by Jungkook’s side all night. The three of them grabbed cups and went in the big living room were people were dancing, trying to talk over the loud music. The house where the party took place was big but there was more people there than they could fit.

Jimin was with them at first but he disappeared at some point in the night. Jungkook was leaning against a wall, one arm around Taehyung’s waist. Yugyeom and Jaehyun came up to them at some point and they talked. Jungkook hid his smirk behind his cup when Taehyung scooted closer to him seeing Yugyeom.

Jungkook was about to ask Taehyung if he wanted to dance when Lisa joined them.

“Kook-ah Jimin oppa is calling you ! I think he drank a bit too much and he wants a dance battle or something ? I didn’t quite understand” she yelled over the music.

Jungkook frowned, straightening his back. He glanced at Taehyung who motioned him to go. Taehyung wasn’t a party kind of guy and Jungkook knew his boyfriend would just stay in their little corner. Jungkook didn’t felt good leaving Taehyung but he had to follow Lisa in order to drag Jimin back to Taehyung so his boyfriend could take care of his drunk best friend. And he knew Jimin would thank him the next day if he managed to prevent him for embarrassing himself.

He followed Lisa to the other side of the room and found Jimin dancing with an empty bottle of beer in his hand. People were laughing or dancing with him. The older was a lightweight but liked to drink way too much. Jungkook sighed before thanking Lisa and going to grab Jimin’s wrist.

“Kookie !! Dance with senpai” Jimin giggled.

“No I have a boyfriend to go back too, so come with me” Jungkook grunted.

“Wait … you didn’t leave Tae alone right ?” asked Jimin, frowning as he tried to make a coherent sentence.

Jungkook frowned too and just dragged Jimin behind him, an unsettling feeling inside his chest. He didn’t like that even when drunk Jimin could be worried about Taehyung’s safety. It felt like something happened before.

Jungkook froze when he finally got to Taehyung to find him with another man. The latter was smirking and seemingly leaning too close for Taehyung’s comfort. When Jungkook saw Taehyung’s hands pushing against the man’s chest while the other was freely touching his boyfriend, Jungkook’s blood boiled. He let go of Jimin and went to punch the other man’s jaw. He stood between Taehyung and the man who was glaring at him.

“Don’t you dare touch him” Jungkook snarled.

“Calm down boy, he wasn’t against it, he didn’t say no” the other replied, voice slow because of the alcohol.

Jungkook was furious and wanted to punch the man again but Taehyung’s arms circled his waist and he felt his boyfriend’s chest pressing against his back.

“He’s my boyfriend. And him pushing you is like a big no you bastard. Now get lost” he spat.

He waited until the man was out of his sight before he turned in Taehyung’s arms to embrace him, hiding his face in Taehyung’s neck. Somehow he felt like he was the one being comforted as Taehyung rubbed soft circle on his back.

“I’m sorry I felt you alone, I didn’t think of that” he whispered.

Taehyung just kissed his temple gently. Jungkook moved back and stared in his boyfriend’s eyes. He frowned when he saw the gaze he got from Taehyung and sighed.

“Jimin, we’re going home. You too” and he took both Taehyung and Jimin’s wrists before making his way out of that house.

 

 

It was Saturday afternoon, they were lying in Jungkook’s bed with only their boxers on. Music was playing in the background thanks to Jungkook’s Bluetooth speaker. Taehyung was sketching something as usual his back against Jungkook’s side, the latter having one of his arm slung over Taehyung’s shoulder. He was playing on his phone with his free hand.

Suddenly Taehyung closed his sketchbook and turned to Jungkook, extended the sketchbook toward his boyfriend. Jungkook arched his eyebrows before putting down his phone and grabbing what Taehyung was giving him. the blond went to curl against Jungkook’s side, putting his head on Jungkook’s shoulder and waiting.

Jungkook glanced at him before understanding he needed to open the sketchbook. What he saw made him mesmerized. In the first page was a gorgeous drawing of him, dancing shirtless. He got lost in the details, not noticing the little sentence at the bottom of the drawing until Taehyung’s finger tapped on it.

This is Jeon Jungkook. The most beautiful and talented human I have ever met.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung who just smiled and motioned him to go on. So Jungkook turned the page and he saw a drawing of him, unpacking his luggage. He realized that was him the first day he met Taehyung. And each page contained a drawing of their story, most of the time Jungkook alone doing something with a little caption. Some time Jimin or the others would be with him. Toward the end, he could see Taehyung and himself, cuddling or even kissing. The messages were getting sweeter and more emotional.

That was their story, from Taehyung’s perspective and it was just a treasure in Jungkook’s eyes. He laughed when a drawing confirmed his theory about Taehyung being jealous of Yugyeom. He almost got a when a scene represented them, , kissing softly. The last drawing was a portrait, Taehyung was looking directly at him with his silk shirt on, sketchbook on his lap and Jungkook was behind him, circling him with his arms. It was like they were watching him. That time the caption was only one word.

Us

Jungkook felt so much emotion he wanted to kiss the air out of Taehyung and went to do just that when Taehyung stopped him. The blond turned the last page and Jungkook frowned when he saw no drawing but a text, in Taehyung’s beautiful and neat handwriting. He glanced curiously at Taehyung before reading.

 

Hi Jungkook, or how I would like to call you : my love.

I hope that book pleased you, I started working on it the first time I met you. You are honestly the most beautiful human being I have ever met in my entire life and I’m an artist. Believe me when I say I’ve seen plenty of beautiful people. But you are just perfect to me. I apologize in advance, because I’m going to use that word a lot.

I know I’ve hurt you, I noticed how eager you were to be friends with me but I kept on denying you. I’m sorry but after seeing you dance and being around Jimin I realized how perfect you were. You danced like no one else, stealing everyone’s attention like they had to watch you dance, because it’s the most enticing thing in the world.

I was scared that you’d reject me if I was to reveal to you the truth. People usually don’t know how to react and can be easily uncomfortable or scared. I wanted to be close to you but I didn’t know how. Then I noticed something. You kept on glancing towards me.

Don’t try to lie. I know you were. For example in the practice room, you kept looking to see if my eyes were on you and if they were, you would dance with more passion. You wanted my attention and I didn’t understand why until Jimin talked to me about one dance practice he had with you.

Dancers from different years where there and you stole the spotlight, I’m sure you shone that day. But Jimin told me how eager you were to dance, asking him what people thought about you and if everyone was watching. So I decided to give you all my attention. That’s why this sketchbook is so full, because I had so much to draw. Like, can you please be less perfect ? I have the urge to draw you each time I see you, even when you’re just sleeping and I’m not a creep. Jimin’s a creep who doesn’t know people’s personal space, I’m not.

Falling in love with you was the easiest thing on earth to do, because I didn’t even realize it. I have to say, I was pleased to see my attention was the only one you were searching for.

 

Jungkook stopped reading for a moment, already feeling tears in his eyes. He went to kiss passionately Taehyung, the latter kissing back with just as much power. When he broke the kiss, Jungkook smiled and closed his eyes, enjoying Taehyung’s warmth before resuming reading. He couldn’t believe Taehyung understood him so well, noticing his craving for attention.

 

Since the beginning of our friendship then our relationship, you were honest with me, never pushing me to know things even though I know you’re curious. So let me tell you how I became mute.

I wasn’t born mute. But when I was a little baby, doctors found out I had a tumour on my vocal cords. Became mute after that, I’m sparing you the details of my hospitalisation and the healing process. Jimin and I met when we were six, I was already mute but he was the only kid to play with me without getting annoyed of my lack of answers. He learned sign language with me and it helped me a lot to be honest.

We were always in the same class, always sticking together and he was the only one who understood me. But in high school, things changed as teenagers can be mean without needing reasons to be. I have never understood why. They started picking on me because I couldn’t tell verbally the teachers or I couldn’t reply to them when they insulted me.

Jimin fought with them, almost getting badly injured and I decided to learn how to fight, even if I don’t like punching people. That night at the party, I was about to punch that guy but you did it for me, so thank you for that.

College was different because people don’t have time to care, they are either too drunk, too lazy or too busy studying.

Me having a new roommate was a little bit of a dread, but I’m glad it was you I met that day.

Thanks for your love, support and just being you.

I love you

Taehyung (I prefer when you call me sweetheart)

 

Jungkook put the sketchbook down and smiled. He cupped Taehyung’s face and kissed him gently.

“I love you too sweetheart, now how about you start a new sketchbook but this time with only drawing of us ?”

Taehyung smiled and nodded.

 

The end

 

Thanks for reading and upvote, sub or comment if you want ^^